Tweet, twitter, twitter

Comments

• nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    this is like watching paint dry. i think it's bedtime for me.... the news will probably still be there in the morning. :)
  • "The suspense is killing me...I hope it will last."

-Willy Wonka

I've got CNN on Behind me...

Super Tuesday, indeed.
    I burst, out
    I'm transformed!
  • fugawzifugawzi Posts: 879
    this is ridiculous. look at you all. going to extreme measures just to hear some potential "news"...actually I can't wait to hear what the announcement is. Where's it supposed to be announced though? tenclub.net? here on the Porch?
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • NeilJam wrote:
    I have waited years for this too. If the rest of the lineup is half as good as the rumors I will follow through on my pledge to pay the extra money for VIP tickets when Pearl Jam finally plays Roo.

It is surprising how well they've kept the lineup a secret this year. I think it's been leaked early the past 2 or 3 years. I wonder if we will get the whole lineup tonight or if they will hold some names back as they have in the past.

well last year someone of at inforoo found a backdoor to the bonnaroo site and spilled the lineup early, so I would imagine they are doing everything they can to prevent that from happening again

I think they will hold back maybe 5-10 big acts plus another 15 for the monthly additions, though last year they may have scaled that back a bit...It will still be a good chunk of the lineup tonight for sure

good luck with vip...to rich for my blood, but I have been curious about it...I think the farthest I would go this year would be an RV of some sort, even though sleeping temperatures were surprisingly chilly last year, I'm not too worried about the day time temps
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    How late do these birds stay up? Don't they have worms to catch early in the morning?
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Want to know who's playing at Bonnaroo 2008? Just keep checking Tennessean.com!

Organizers of the festival, which takes place June 12-15 in Manchester, Tenn., will release the initial lineup at 11 p.m. tonight, and The Tennessean will have the first look, as well as ticket on-sale information.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • 11pm EST?
    MSG 2 - 03
    Ed Sullivan Theater - 06
    Irving Plaza - 06
    Albany - 06
    Hartford - 06
    East Rutherford 1 & 2 - 06
    San Francisco 1 & 2 - 06
    Bonnaroo - 08
    MSG 1 & 2 - 08
    Hartford - 08
    Mansfield 1 - 08
  • I cannot frickin' wait for midnight eastern tonight. Holy-fuckin'-shit.

I haven't been to a ton of festivals, just Sasquatch! in '06, which was great, and Bonnaroo last year, which was just stupendous. From what I gather, some of the others might have their shitty tendencies - perhaps namely the limited sets. If you don't think you'd like Bonnaroo, fine. I think it's amazing. If you're concerned that their time on stage would be hindered, sorry but you're mistaken. The headliners for each evening use the main stage, 'which' is never used for the rest of the night afterwards. Other bands play until about... 3:30 a.m. on the other stages/tents. Some have played even later than that. For the most pat, the rest of place falls silent after 9:00 p.m., when the headliner hits the "What"/main stage, until about 1:00 a.m.. I'm sure if they wanted to play close to four hours that nobody would stop them, and they still wouldn't holding up people from seeing other shows kinda thing.

Not to mention the sound in that venue is AMAZING. No, there isn't an amazing view like at The Gorge, or even Red Rocks, but it's got a super chill atmosphere (all around a complete lack of douche baggery).

EDIT: Oh, is it 11:00? Even better. I really hope Metallica doesn't play there. Sorry to any Metallica fans out there. I'll believe it when I see it, but I do doubt they'd play there. It's a shame Radiohead's gonna be in Spain/France then.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Tennessee is in 2 time zones, so I would say 11:00 central.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,262
    I baked brownies! I added lemon zest and roasted almonds. Well, that's how I spent the last couple hours :D
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    those sound good, minus the almonds
  • bleehhh i really hope they announce or at least hint to some other things because i can't go to bonaroo!

getting reaaaally fuckin anxious!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I gotta get to bed, to get up for work, so I guess I'll have to read it in the morning.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Come on already!!!!! I've got to get to bed...........
    lolla 8/2/92 - soldier field 7/11/95 - east troy 6/26/98 6/27/98 - Chicago 6/29/99 - east troy 10/8/00 - Champaign 4/23/03 - Chicago 6/18/03 - east troy 6/21/03 - PNC Park 9/28/05 (stones opener) - Chicago 5/16/06 - Chicago 5/17/06 - Summerfest 06 - the vic 8/2/07 - lolla 8/5/07 - MSG #2 08 - EV solo 8/08 - Chicago 8/23/09 8/24/09 - Los Angeles 10/6/09 10/7/09, EV Boston, Chi, NY 11, PJ20 East Troy, WI - Chicago 7/19/13 - Cinci 10/1/14, Moline, IL 10/17/14, Jacksonville, FL 4/13/16 - Toronto 5/10/16 -  Boston 8/7/16 - Chicago 8/20 & 8/22/16 - Chicago 8/18 & 8/20/18 - St Louis 9/18/22 - St Paul 8/31/23 - Chicago 9/5 & 9/7/23 - Ft Worth 9/13/23 - Austin 9/18/23 - LV 5/16/22 - LA 5/22/24
  • killing me
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Come on!!! I'd say its late Tuesday night right now...and I'm only 21!!!
    If I had known then what I know now...
  • Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I baked brownies! I added lemon zest and roasted almonds. Well, that's how I spent the last couple hours :D
    Those brownies sound tasty!!!!
    "Everytime I hear that melody, something breaks inside" -- T.W.
  • yeah i could use some
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,526
    phillyfan wrote:
    yeah i could use some

Same here! :)
  • The Tennesseean is a buncha liars! They said 11 eastern time and theres still no lineup! :(
  • The Tennesseean is a buncha liars! They said 11 eastern time and theres still no lineup! :(

They said 11pm CST, if I'm not mistaken which would be in about an hour... I'm pretty sure I saw 11pm but not EST
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • YA! midnight EST!!!!!!
  • well last year someone of at inforoo found a backdoor to the bonnaroo site and spilled the lineup early, so I would imagine they are doing everything they can to prevent that from happening again

I think they will hold back maybe 5-10 big acts plus another 15 for the monthly additions, though last year they may have scaled that back a bit...It will still be a good chunk of the lineup tonight for sure

good luck with vip...to rich for my blood, but I have been curious about it...I think the farthest I would go this year would be an RV of some sort, even though sleeping temperatures were surprisingly chilly last year, I'm not too worried about the day time temps

how much are tickets normally? and how much are VIP tickets? what extra does it get you?

i want xxavier rudd to play again...he is the fuckin shit!!! i hope theres some other bands i know of!!
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • They said 11pm CST, if I'm not mistaken which would be in about an hour... I'm pretty sure I saw 11pm but not EST

Oohhh, so I can take a shower! Phew! :)
  • I'm hungry... Where're the cookies?!?!
    °º:::..a human being that was given to fly..:::º°
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    45 more mins!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    I'm hungry... Where're the cookies?!?!

I ate them all... Sorry...
  • Oohhh, so I can take a shower! Phew! :)

Yeah and you can be nice and refreshed by the time the announcement comes on :D
  • looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • tremorvoid wrote:
    how much are tickets normally? and how much are VIP tickets? what extra does it get you?

i want xxavier rudd to play again...he is the fuckin shit!!! i hope theres some other bands i know of!!

for what I've read last year they did them in 3 tiers... the first tier was $184 plus fees until they sold out and then they went to like $195 and then the last tier was like $214 (amounts are an approximate I dont remember they exact amount to the cent)... VIP tickets have no idea...
This discussion has been closed.