Tweet, twitter, twitter

Comments

• Bonnaroo designates headliners the
    9-11:30 pm time slot

sunday gets 830 to whenever :)
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Kat.... is your private message box full?! :)
  • LBCaptin wrote:
    Bonnaroo designates headliners the
    9-11:30 pm time slot

sunday gets 830 to whenever :)

So what does everyone think?
    Will they get the Saturday or Sunday slot?
    I hope its Saturday, it'll be a bitch to drive back to Miami on a Monday :S
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    NeilJam wrote:
    Lineup to be posted at 12:00am (midnight) eastern:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

(scroll down past the Super Tuesday stuff and click on Bonnaroo)
    thanks bro!

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,262
    So, any news? Are they playing in NJ?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • So what does everyone think?

usually the main headliner plays saturday night...widespread panic in 05 (they played sunday night as well), radiohead in 06, and the police last year...you can tell when they release the lineup tonight, whoever is listed first should end up playing saturday, save for special circumstances
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • and I haven't seen this mentioned over here yet...read into it what you will...my guess is that it is one of the other two headliners

http://www.nme.com/news/nme/34120

NME.COM to announce surprise Bonnaroo headliner

Check back tonight for all the details

* Feb 5, 2008
    * 0 Comments
    * Add NME to MyNME

NME.COM will reveal a surprise headliner for the 2008 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival at midnight EST.

The festival will take place June 12-15 in Manchester, Tennessee.

Stay tuned to NME.COM for all the details on Bonnaroo's special headliner and the complete line-up to date for this year's festival.

--By our Los Angeles staff.

***GOT EM***
  • usually the main headliner plays saturday night...widespread panic in 05 (they played sunday night as well), radiohead in 06, and the police last year...you can tell when they release the lineup tonight, whoever is listed first should end up playing saturday, save for special circumstances

So tonight they wont announce when everyone is playing? :confused:
    Sorry, my last festival was 1994 Woodstock :o:
  • usually the main headliner plays saturday night...widespread panic in 05 (they played sunday night as well), radiohead in 06, and the police last year...you can tell when they release the lineup tonight, whoever is listed first should end up playing saturday, save for special circumstances

Gotta say I'm pulling for Sunday... have wedding to go to Saturday night.
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    So what does everyone think?

The Sunday headliner for Bonnaroo has always been a jam band. I think Pearl Jam will play on Saturday night, but they could also play Friday.
  • So tonight they wont announce when everyone is playing? :confused:

nope...BUT, in the coming months artists themselves or pollstar will list which day of the fest each group is playing...the rest will be easy enough to figure out, in terms of what time and which stage each will be playing...but as Pearl Jam was top dog for lolla this year they closed out the festival, bonnaroo traditionally has the main headliner play saturday night...

save for zep playing I don't see pearl jam being anything but the main headliner this year, even if metallica plays as has been rumored, that won't necessarily put them above pearl jam...tom petty and the heartbreakers played friday in 06 , with radiohead on saturday...you know?

the set times won't be released until late may/early june...but we'll know all of that much earlier ;)

***GOT EM***
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    Will They Just Fucking Announce The Motherfucking Announcement Already! I Can't Get Any Work Done Thinking About What The Announcement May Be!!!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • odieodie Posts: 73
    I had heard months ago that Pearl Jam was locked in for the Saturday show and talking about more shows...I kinda hope they are wrong it would be nice if they played the Sunday show or both....but considering I live so far away I guess I could deal for the Saturday show....since I am driving and all and have reserved rooms for the 13th - 15th...so I don't have them for sunday night....I guess I can call and add a night if at all possible...but I did hear months ago they were locked n for the saturday show for sure, so we will see!! and soon

I WANT TO KNOW NOW!!!!!! And all my 43 friends that are meeting up there want to know also.... KAT WHERE ARE YOU????????? PLEASE LET US KNOW NOW!!!!
    PJ Princess
  • heres a lineup I found on the bonnaroo myspace. Sorry if its been posted already.

Pearl Jam - REM - Dave Matthews and Friends - Beastie Boys - Phil Lesh and Friends - Allman Brothers Band - Robert Plant and Alison Krauss - Steely Dan - Modest Mouse - Portishead - My Morning Jacket - Jack Johnson - Willie Nelson - Cake - Oysterhead - Queens of the Stoneage - B.B. King - Iron & Wine - 311 - Death Cab for Cutie - Sigur Ros - LCD Soundsystem - Ani Difranco - Robert RandolPH and the Family Band - The Mars Volta - Damien and Ziggy Marley - Leftover Salmon - Matisyahu - John Butler Trio - Galactic - moe. - Polyphonic Spree - Yonder Mountain String Band - Ween - Steel Pulse - Dinosaur Jr - Bela Fleck and the Fleckstones - North Mississippi Allstars - A.L.O. - Joss Stone - The National - Black Keys - STS9 - Disco Biscuits - Son Volt - Avett Brothers - Medeski, Scofield, Martin, Wood - C2B3 - Umphrey's McGee - O.A.R. - Brazillian Girls - The Streets - Xavier Rudd - Tortise - The Slip - Battles - !!! - Rusted Root - Ekoostik Hookah - Hot Buttered Rum - The Lee Boys - Blind Melon - Perpetual Groove - Secret Machines - Mute Math - Gomez - RJD2 - Hot Chip - The Whigs - Band of Horses - Particle - Lotus - Raq - Drive By Truckers - Railroad Earth - Justice - Built to Spill - That 1 Guy - Man Man - Minus the Bear - 22-20's - Ghostland Observatory - Balkan Beat Box - Girl Talk - DJ Logic - Sasha - Infected Mushroom
    10/3/05 --- 5/5/06 (Irving) --- 6/3/06 --- 8/2/07 (The Victoria Theater) ---8/5/07 --- 6/19/08 --- 6/20/08 --- 6/22/08---6/24/08 --- 6/25/08
    E.V. 8/1/08 --- 8/4/08
  • nope...BUT, in the coming months artists themselves or pollstar will list which day of the fest each group is playing...the rest will be easy enough to figure out, in terms of what time and which stage each will be playing...but as Pearl Jam was top dog for lolla this year they closed out the festival, bonnaroo traditionally has the main headliner play saturday night...

save for zep playing I don't see pearl jam being anything but the main headliner this year, even if metallica plays as has been rumored, that won't necessarily put them above pearl jam...tom petty and the heartbreakers played friday in 06 , with radiohead on saturday...you know?

the set times won't be released until late may/early june...but we'll know all of that much earlier ;)

Im really trying to figure out my time and driving so that we are there all day Friday and Saturday... but I'm really hoping I can figure out whether Blind Melon will play either one of those 2 days... they are not a huge band so I hope I know that before June... still finding out the line up tonight is pretty exciting :D
  • bmarsh10bmarsh10 Posts: 168
    heres a lineup I found on the bonnaroo myspace. Sorry if its been posted already.

Pearl Jam - REM - Dave Matthews and Friends - Beastie Boys - Phil Lesh and Friends - Allman Brothers Band - Robert Plant and Alison Krauss - Steely Dan - Modest Mouse - Portishead - My Morning Jacket - Jack Johnson - Willie Nelson - Cake - Oysterhead - Queens of the Stoneage - B.B. King - Iron & Wine - 311 - Death Cab for Cutie - Sigur Ros - LCD Soundsystem - Ani Difranco - Robert RandolPH and the Family Band - The Mars Volta - Damien and Ziggy Marley - Leftover Salmon - Matisyahu - John Butler Trio - Galactic - moe. - Polyphonic Spree - Yonder Mountain String Band - Ween - Steel Pulse - Dinosaur Jr - Bela Fleck and the Fleckstones - North Mississippi Allstars - A.L.O. - Joss Stone - The National - Black Keys - STS9 - Disco Biscuits - Son Volt - Avett Brothers - Medeski, Scofield, Martin, Wood - C2B3 - Umphrey's McGee - O.A.R. - Brazillian Girls - The Streets - Xavier Rudd - Tortise - The Slip - Battles - !!! - Rusted Root - Ekoostik Hookah - Hot Buttered Rum - The Lee Boys - Blind Melon - Perpetual Groove - Secret Machines - Mute Math - Gomez - RJD2 - Hot Chip - The Whigs - Band of Horses - Particle - Lotus - Raq - Drive By Truckers - Railroad Earth - Justice - Built to Spill - That 1 Guy - Man Man - Minus the Bear - 22-20's - Ghostland Observatory - Balkan Beat Box - Girl Talk - DJ Logic - Sasha - Infected Mushroom
    Sweet- I love "Hot buttered Rum" they rock, together with infected Mushroom cant wait
  • heres a lineup I found on the bonnaroo myspace. Sorry if its been posted already.

I dont see this on their myspace...
    Soundgarden reforming...

all your Aussie rumours here!

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=5162127&postcount=54316
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    smg9779 wrote:
    I hope its something substantial, not just a Bonnaroo announcement. Festivals suck.
    how many have you actually been at?
    mwilmot4 wrote:
    Yeah, I don't think this show will be a one-off, but they'll give a few months to help sell the festival tickets.

Of course they may state 'only North American appearance' like they did with Lollapalooza.
    well, technically it wasn't wrong..the Vic was a private show.

I hope they don't take months, the flights would be murder by then (got no choice but flying or swimming)
    and I haven't seen this mentioned over here yet...read into it what you will...my guess is that it is one of the other two headliners

http://www.nme.com/news/nme/34120

NME.COM to announce surprise Bonnaroo headliner

Check back tonight for all the details

* Feb 5, 2008
    * 0 Comments
    * Add NME to MyNME

NME.COM will reveal a surprise headliner for the 2008 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival at midnight EST.

The festival will take place June 12-15 in Manchester, Tennessee.

Stay tuned to NME.COM for all the details on Bonnaroo's special headliner and the complete line-up to date for this year's festival.

--By our Los Angeles staff.
    mmm. seeing as NME hates Pearl Jam, I guess it might not be the Saturday slot after all (and there's certainly no surprise in them headlining)
    heres a lineup I found on the bonnaroo myspace. Sorry if its been posted already.

there are so many good bands there on th elist....I was hoping for some John Mayer too though...it isn't to late to hope though
    PJ Princess
  • Im really trying to figure out my time and driving so that we are there all day Friday and Saturday... but I'm really hoping I can figure out whether Blind Melon will play either one of those 2 days... they are not a huge band so I hope I know that before June... still finding out the line up tonight is pretty exciting :D

well, coming in late (early this year will be wednesday night) will make it pretty smooth with actually getting into the grounds, so as long as you are there by mid day friday you will be alright...I can't possibly see them playing Sunday, as neiljam said that slot will go to a veteran jam band, plus Sunday is pack up and go home day, I've left almost every year either during the late afternoon/early evening, same with a good number of people...they won't put pearl jam in the sunday slot, I think that would upset a lot of vets as well

***GOT EM***
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Cake,

That would be cake! :)

this lineup is beyond fake...stuart copeland is playing with the police in europe that weekend, rem with modest mouse and the national up north...the list goes on

***GOT EM***
  • Pegasus wrote:

mmm. seeing as NME hates Pearl Jam, I guess it might not be the Saturday slot after all (and there's certainly no surprise in them headlining)

that would kinda suck ... Sunday night would be a curve ball for my schedule.. I would hate to drive back to Miami on Monday.. I'd be drained :(
  • well, coming in late (early this year will be wednesday night) will make it pretty smooth with actually getting into the grounds, so as long as you are there by mid day friday you will be alright...I can't possibly see them playing Sunday, as neiljam said that slot will go to a veteran jam band, plus Sunday is pack up and go home day, I've left almost every year either during the late afternoon/early evening, same with a good number of people...they won't put pearl jam in the sunday slot, I think that would upset a lot of vets as well

That'd work for me :D
    that would kinda suck ... Sunday night would be a curve ball for my schedule.. I would hate to drive back to Miami on Monday.. I'd be drained :(

Me too I have to drive back to Kansas and that is a 12 hour drive...I would be totally drained by then!!!!
    PJ Princess
    odie wrote:
    Me too I have to drive back to Kansas and that is a 12 hour drive...I would be totally drained by then!!!!
    wear some red sparkley shoes and buy a dog named Toto
  • that would kinda suck ... Sunday night would be a curve ball for my schedule.. I would hate to drive back to Miami on Monday.. I'd be drained :(

I would be shocked if they played Sunday night, unless of course this lineup is so huge that Pearl Jam is not anchoring the weekend, which I don't see happening

***GOT EM***
    vital5 wrote:
    wear some red sparkley shoes and buy a dog named Toto

Only if that would really work.....I would be a happy woman..I wonna go home..I wonna go home...I wonna go home..lol
    PJ Princess
    odie wrote:
    Only if that would really work.....I would be a happy woman..I wonna go home..I wonna go home...I wonna go home..lol

Does anyone know what time Kat is going to annouce it????
    PJ Princess
This discussion has been closed.