http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oBp8rJjI44

:)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    also jimmy's shot made me think of this last night:

Thanks for that. I just got chills. A buddy of mine called me earlier that day and said he had an extra ticket. That was an unforgetable moment. It was also the 1st time I ever went #2 at CBP because I was off work that day and had authentic mexican for lunch. Jimmy's hit came after my release :D
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,518
    JK_Livin wrote:

Thanks for that. I just got chills. A buddy of mine called me earlier that day and said he had an extra ticket. That was an unforgetable moment. It was also the 1st time I ever went #2 at CBP because I was off work that day and had authentic mexican for lunch. Jimmy's hit came after my release :D

That's disgusting. :lol:

Huge win last night - really needed to take that series. :D
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    cliff lee has 0 wins??????????????? :shock:

i haven't followed baseball for 10 minutes this season

was he hurt?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options

was he hurt?

I think he missed a start or two. It's mostly luck/run support. One game he pitched 10 shutout innings. :o His ERA is under 3 I think.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

was he hurt?

I think he missed a start or two. It's mostly luck/run support. One game he pitched 10 shutout innings. :o His ERA is under 3 I think.

wow that would have been some bet in vegas :fp:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,324
    JK_Livin wrote:

what's up shit break? ;)

every big late inning hit he gets, i immediately think of this video. one of the best things ever uploaded to youtube.

would be great to take 2 out of 3 this weekend with lee vs kershaw on deck monday night...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    The iPhone Philly beer week app is sweet
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,965

ahh yes, i was actually at a concert that night though at the electric factory and missed it :oops: (either Them Crooked Vultures or Arctic Monkeys)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    your neighborhood juggler doesn't normally bet on baseball, but when he does, he normally wins. all over the money line last night. couldn't imagine young clifton going into june withou a win. maybe next time. still that was a big w last night.

i say screw the people who have bailed on the phils so quickly. screw the people who have written them off. embrace this underdog role people! for all the negative shit that has gone down this year, they are not dead yet. 13-7 since the mets debacle a few weeks ago and they've quietly scored the 2nd most runs in the month of may. :shh: :shh: :wink:

tough road yet to hoe in the next few weeks...but this stretch of games against teams with .500 or better record has started off pretty well.

GO. PHILS.

one more thing--contreras' 8th inning will be overlooked but was encouraging

the cheerleader is back!! same guy that said we had nothing to worry about vs STL last year after game 4 is once again doling out reassurances

seriously, why are you so optimistic about this team? what are your expectations? how are they going to reach those expectations?
  • Options

ahh yes, i was actually at a concert that night though at the electric factory and missed it :oops: (either Them Crooked Vultures or Arctic Monkeys)

Nothing embarrassing about seeing Them Crooked Vultures - wish I was there!

I saw Arctic Monkeys with Black Keys this year - still don't really get the hype.

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,215
    The Fixer wrote:
    your neighborhood juggler doesn't normally bet on baseball, but when he does, he normally wins. all over the money line last night. couldn't imagine young clifton going into june withou a win. maybe next time. still that was a big w last night.

i say screw the people who have bailed on the phils so quickly. screw the people who have written them off. embrace this underdog role people! for all the negative shit that has gone down this year, they are not dead yet. 13-7 since the mets debacle a few weeks ago and they've quietly scored the 2nd most runs in the month of may. :shh: :shh: :wink:

tough road yet to hoe in the next few weeks...but this stretch of games against teams with .500 or better record has started off pretty well.

GO. PHILS.

one more thing--contreras' 8th inning will be overlooked but was encouraging

the cheerleader is back!! same guy that said we had nothing to worry about vs STL last year after game 4 is once again doling out reassurances

seriously, why are you so optimistic about this team? what are your expectations? how are they going to reach those expectations?

what were your expectations for this team at this point? they are only 3 out and haven't played all that well. i still think Phils are a playoff team...and as proven once you get to the playoffs anything can happen. remember we won a title with joe blanton and jamie moyer in the rotation.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Draft on Monday. Would be nice if the phils had a first round pick :roll:

Here is the guy i wanted them to take last year. He was taken by boston the pick after the phils took Larry Greene, who hasn't even gotten out of extended spring training. Would be a perfect candidate to replace victorino sometime during the 2013 season.

Jackie Bradley Jr was a tremendously accomplished college player at South Carolina when the Red Sox signed him last year for $1.1 million as a supplemental first-round pick. He has solid tools across the board, all of which play up because of his tremendous baseball instincts. He's gotten off to a terrific start for Salem, where he's batting .360/.470/.539 with more walks (18) than strikeouts (16) and a crisp 10-for-11 stealing bases. Bradley leads the Carolina League in OBP and ranks seventh in the minors in that category, while his defense continues to get strong grades as well.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    what were your expectations for this team at this point? they are only 3 out and haven't played all that well. i still think Phils are a playoff team...and as proven once you get to the playoffs anything can happen. remember we won a title with joe blanton and jamie moyer in the rotation.

Current expectations should be to make playoffs in some capacity (two wild cards this year). I agree that they still will because the NL is poop. After that I'm not expecting anything. I think they will have a tough time winning one series, let alone getting deep into playoffs (which should be this team's goal).

It's not 2008 anymore. That team had a dominate bullpen, incredible lineup, solid bench, and a legitimate ace. The exact formula the Cards used last year. Not a coincidence.

This team isn't going anywhere this year. They're just not a good team. The GM hasn't addressed the outstanding issues from the last two years...bullpen, lineup, bench.

Will always love the phils but they cause such ambivalence these days. I really hate amaro
  • Options
    Bullpen is showing signs of promise. The young lefties are looking good. Papel-face is good in "save situations." :roll:

Even with Halladay out there are still two legitimate aces. Hamels is clearly better than his 2008 version. Lee is still Lee, wins or not.

Lineup is going to be inconsistent all year but had a really good May. Some of these guys, like Rollins, really can't get any worse than they've been.

Playoffs are always a crapshoot. Always have been and always will be. You're a Moneyball guy, you know that. 8-)

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    :corn:
  • Options
    Bullpen is showing signs of promise. The young lefties are looking good. Papel-face is good in "save situations." :roll:

Even with Halladay out there are still two legitimate aces. Hamels is clearly better than his 2008 version. Lee is still Lee, wins or not.

Lineup is going to be inconsistent all year but had a really good May. Some of these guys, like Rollins, really can't get any worse than they've been.

Playoffs are always a crapshoot. Always have been and always will be. You're a Moneyball guy, you know that. 8-)

Every time I see papelbon I think about how he got the money that should have gone to hamels. then he makes one of his stupid faces and I want to punch the TV.

Lineup sucks. Look who they played in May. It's the same false sense of security 'fans' fell into last year when they beat up on shitty pitching. Spewing off stats like 'this team led the NL in runs scored after july 4th' and garbage like that. The lineup has gotten progressively worse each year since 2009. 2012 is just continuing that trend. These guys aren't magically going to revert back to their prime year production levels. The roids era is over, that shit doesn't happen anymore.

gotta hit to win games. this team has proven the last two years that come playoff time they just aren't good enough (and this year's version is even weaker than past years).

It's not a pleasant realization, but it's the truth. this team is built to fail
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:

Every time I see papelbon I think about how he got the money that should have gone to hamels. then he makes one of his stupid faces and I want to punch the TV.

Lineup sucks. Look who they played in May. It's the same false sense of security 'fans' fell into last year when they beat up on shitty pitching. Spewing off stats like 'this team led the NL in runs scored after july 4th' and garbage like that. The lineup has gotten progressively worse each year since 2009. 2012 is just continuing that trend. These guys aren't magically going to revert back to their prime year production levels. The roids era is over, that shit doesn't happen anymore.

gotta hit to win games. this team has proven the last two years that come playoff time they just aren't good enough (and this year's version is even weaker than past years).

Can u ever be happy? Your the biggiest negative Nancy i've ever seen. I'm sure you'll say ur just saying the truth which is some cases ur are but WTF!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Can u ever be happy? Your the biggiest negative Nancy i've ever seen. I'm sure you'll say ur just saying the truth which is some cases ur are but WTF!!!

what do you want me to do? I can't pretend to be happy with shit I disagree with. which includes about 75% of amaro's moves

do you like the moves amaro has made? do you like where this team is headed? do you think they are good enough to make a legit WS run?

Amaro is in the cockpit of a lead zeppelin...it's not going to end well
  • Options
    The teams playing decent for this 1st time this year at least relax is all. Although i wasn't a Papelbon fan after seeing Madson go down and Bell forget how to pitch i'd say besides slightly over paying he made the right move. Juan Pierre has been a big plus,Ty Wigginton has been ok as well. Resigning Brian Schneider has benn huge. Yeah i think he's made good moves and bad ones as well. KK deal i'm not a fan of the Hamels thing blows and how he's handled injuries has been down right fireable. But were hanging around without are 2 best hitters. Wheter we agree or not about the guy R6 is missed way more then YOU could have ever imagined.

Do i think we can resign Hamels in the long run yes. Will we that i'm not sure about. So the direction this team is going in all rides on the Hamels deal imo. I hate Rollins and have for years he's a lazy piece of shit and wish he left this offseason. As for the WS did u think the Cards were a legit Ws contender late in Sept? No one in the baseball world thought they'd beat us let alone win it all. All u gotta do is get in like we did in 08 my friend.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    The teams playing decent for this 1st time this year at least relax is all. Although i wasn't a Papelbon fan after seeing Madson go down and Bell forget how to pitch i'd say besides slightly over paying he made the right move. Juan Pierre has been a big plus,Ty Wigginton has been ok as well. Resigning Brian Schneider has benn huge. Yeah i think he's made good moves and bad ones as well. KK deal i'm not a fan of the Hamels thing blows and how he's handled injuries has been down right fireable. But were hanging around without are 2 best hitters. Wheter we agree or not about the guy R6 is missed way more then YOU could have ever imagined.

Do i think we can resign Hamels in the long run yes. Will we that i'm not sure about. So the direction this team is going in all rides on the Hamels deal imo. I hate Rollins and have for years he's a lazy piece of shit and wish he left this offseason. As for the WS did u think the Cards were a legit Ws contender late in Sept? No one in the baseball world thought they'd beat us let alone win it all. All u gotta do is get in like we did in 08 my friend.

yeah, I don't like any of the guys you mentioned (especially pierre), but I don't feel like getting into a heated argument about these turds. I would have much rather the phils went cheap on one year deals to fix their pen until the young guys like defratus and aumont were ready in another year or so. I wanted them to sign broxton and nathan to one year deals. both of them are doing well and would have come much cheaper than papeldouche, who we are now stuck watchign for another 4.5 years.

I def didn't think the cards would make the run they did last year. I don't think it's fair to compare this phils team to them though. The cards lineup and pen were pretty stacked last season. can't say the same about the phils

As for the howard thing. do you really think he'd be doing that much better than wigginton, who has gotten the majoirty of reps at 1B? I don't

I hope I'm wrong about all of this. I just don't see any way that this team has enough offense or quality pen arms to make a legit run. Lot of season left, so we will see.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,733
    I recently bought and watched a terrific "100 Years of the Yankees" dvd (worth picking up whether you like the Yanks or completely hate them). Anyway, it got me thinking about the Hamels situation and how he deserves so much better than this. If he signed with the Yankees next year, I'd be happy for him. I'd be bummed for us...but happy for him. If the Phillies, the team with the most loses in the history of American professional sports, won't show a guy like this the proper respect, then the surly Yankees will. And then their asshole fans will hold signs during interleague games reminding us that we paid a gazillion dollars to two guys in their mid-30's and shunned our homegrown 28 year old star.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I recently bought and watched a terrific "100 Years of the Yankees" dvd (worth picking up whether you like the Yanks or completely hate them). Anyway, it got me thinking about the Hamels situation and how he deserves so much better than this. If he signed with the Yankees next year, I'd be happy for him. I'd be bummed for us...but happy for him. If the Phillies, the team with the most loses in the history of American professional sports, won't show a guy like this the proper respect, then the surly Yankees will. And then their asshole fans will hold signs during interleague games reminding us that we paid a gazillion dollars to two guys in their mid-30's and shunned our homegrown 28 year old star.

good post

last I saw, the bidding will start at 7/160. get. it. done.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah, I don't like any of the guys you mentioned (especially pierre), but I don't feel like getting into a heated argument about these turds. I would have much rather the phils went cheap on one year deals to fix their pen until the young guys like defratus and aumont were ready in another year or so. I wanted them to sign broxton and nathan to one year deals. both of them are doing well and would have come much cheaper than papeldouche, who we are now stuck watchign for another 4.5 years.

I def didn't think the cards would make the run they did last year. I don't think it's fair to compare this phils team to them though. The cards lineup and pen were pretty stacked last season. can't say the same about the phils

As for the howard thing. do you really think he'd be doing that much better than wigginton, who has gotten the majoirty of reps at 1B? I don't

I hope I'm wrong about all of this. I just don't see any way that this team has enough offense or quality pen arms to make a legit run. Lot of season left, so we will see.

Liking certain signings and respecting what there actually doing here are diff. Bashing Papelbon for perfomance isn't possible at the moment. The years and money suck that we can agree on.

It's a fair comparsion if this team is healthy come sept/oct imo. With are starting rotation and closer alone we can compete. if R6 is healthy are lineup can become relevant again. I think Howards career numbers say without a doubt. Comparing him to Wigginton is a joke.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Liking certain signings and respecting what there actually doing here are diff. Bashing Papelbon for perfomance isn't possible at the moment. The years and money suck that we can agree on.

It's a fair comparsion if this team is healthy come sept/oct imo. With are starting rotation and closer alone we can compete. if R6 is healthy are lineup can become relevant again. I think Howards career numbers say without a doubt. Comparing him to Wigginton is a joke.

yeah, howard will make all the difference in the playoffs. he has proven that the last 3 years with his stellar playoff performances. using career numbers is futile in this discussion. Howard is nowhere near the player he was back in 07-08. same can be said for most of this roster actually. their career avgs are skewed due to their prime years. like I said, those days are over...we should expect dimished returns from those guys moving forward.

I love when people say 'if this team stays healthy'. that's like saying 'when I win the lottery'...not realistic
  • Options
    Dude, did you say the Cardinals had a solid bullpen last year? Their bullpen blew most of the year, as they went through a carousel of closers. They just got into a groove in September and October and rode it to the championship.

You specifically talked trash about the Cardinals and how much you wanted to play them, while I was saying to throw the games and let the Braves win the Wild Card.

And yes, this Phillies team is still a legit WS contender. I'm not a fan of the contracts Amaro has handed out and I don't like the direction the team is headed in, but this team, this year, is a WS contender. That's what the argument was, for today.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Dude, did you say the Cardinals had a solid bullpen last year? Their bullpen blew most of the year, as they went through a carousel of closers. They just got into a groove in September and October and rode it to the championship.

You specifically talked trash about the Cardinals and how much you wanted to play them, while I was saying to throw the games and let the Braves win the Wild Card.

And yes, this Phillies team is still a legit WS contender. I'm not a fan of the contracts Amaro has handed out and I don't like the direction the team is headed in, but this team, this year, is a WS contender. That's what the argument was, for today.

I love watching the ding and dunk approach to his replies.
    Post edited by jamminpearls on
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,215
    anyone else heading down to any of the Orioles games next weekend? I am heading down friday night with a group. Should be a blast.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Right now Cliff is scheduled to pitch on Cliff Lee bobblehead night. Please no rain outs!!!! :nono: :nono: :nono:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Well would you look at that? A legitimate relief outing for our $50M man. That's a real save there - good going Papel-face!

This discussion has been closed.