pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,215
    Chad Qualls BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another Lee gem wasted :roll:

qualls and pence are killing this team right now
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:

so is the idiot manager. if he didn't use papeldork with a 4 run lead last night this game would be over

pence made up for his vick impersonation. nice

they still suck
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    pjhawks wrote:

Pence What 2 bombs!!!!! Game winner!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yea probably. I don't need to see them again. Once every couple years is fine.

I'm happy just to see MMJ this summer.

I hear you. I don't even really like them all that much, but I'll probably end up going if it's someone along those lines the first night.

I'll be at MMJ.

Yeah, I know you don't like the Foos. :lol: I'm a little worn out on them to be honest.

all their songs sound the same. I'm not saying they're AC/DC, but they're overrated
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    The Fixer wrote:
    all their songs sound the same. I'm not saying they're AC/DC, but they're overrated

You could practically say this about every band.

Go Phillies.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Go Phillies.

I disagree. My point is that I think most of the foos songs sound generic. I can listen to them, but I don't see what people get so excited about. And yes, I think grohl is super talented, which kinda makes it confusing to me.

They're a band I feel like I should like more (Radiohead is also like that for me...)
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,215
    The Fixer wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Go Phillies.

I disagree. My point is that I think most of the foos songs sound generic. I can listen to them, but I don't see what people get so excited about. And yes, I think grohl is super talented, which kinda makes it confusing to me.

They're a band I feel like I should like more (Radiohead is also like that for me...)

i agree with you on this. i don't dislike their songs, but none of them really turn me on either. they are just kind of ehhh to me. talented but nothing exciting.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    I like Radiohead more than the Foo Fighters
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,518
    I know the Foos sometimes have a bit of a generic rock sound and they adhere to a formula a bit too often. I like them for what they are. They're a solid mainstream rock band who make some good catchy songs, and every once in a while they make something really great. I mean, who's gonna argue with Everlong and Times Like These?

I totally understand people who don't like the band. And I always say the best album Dave Grohl has ever been involved in was Songs for the Deaf. His playing drums on that album was a gift from the gods.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Me too. But I'm not going to that shithole in Camden for them. They played arenas all over the country, but here they play that place. WTF
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Me too. But I'm not going to that shithole in Camden for them. They played arenas all over the country, but here they play that place. WTF

I hear you. It's a lot easier for me with the ferry a ten minute walk from my apartment, but it looks like I am passing on this one too.
  • Options
    I know the Foos sometimes have a bit of a generic rock sound and they adhere to a formula a bit too often. I like them for what they are. They're a solid mainstream rock band who make some good catchy songs, and every once in a while they make something really great. I mean, who's gonna argue with Everlong and Times Like These?

I totally understand people who don't like the band. And I always say the best album Dave Grohl has ever been involved in was Songs for the Deaf. His playing drums on that album was a gift from the gods.

good summary. QOTSA are awesome. That's the kind of shit the foos should be making. I don't get it.

I didn't know about that MMJ show in august. Definitely going to try and make that happen. They're one of the few bands left on my concert bucket list. Seeing a show in Red Rocks is at the top of that list...see they are playing out there this summer. That would be a sick trip
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

good summary. QOTSA are awesome. That's the kind of shit the foos should be making. I don't get it.

I didn't know about that MMJ show in august. Definitely going to try and make that happen. They're one of the few bands left on my concert bucket list. Seeing a show in Red Rocks is at the top of that list...see they are playing out there this summer. That would be a sick trip

Me and the woman are definitely doing a red rocks trip one of these years. My old man saw a lot of awesome shit there back in the day.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I've been to Red Rocks, just hiking around. Not seen a show there. Yeah that would be cool.

Aren't QOTSA coming out with a new album soon? It can't come soon enough.

• Options

sadly I have no idea. These days I rely on this site for a lot of my music info. I just got into MMJ like a year ago :roll: . I used to love trying to find new bands when I lived in philly. Saw Franz Ferdinand at Shampoo before they hit it big (they were amazing)...Eagles of Death Metal at the Khyber...KOL at the electric factory. Once KOL release their 3rd album and started making shit music I kinda gave up. I will still put their first two albums up against anything.

I do hope that rumor is true about a new QOTSA album
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

sadly I have no idea. These days I rely on this site for a lot of my music info. I just got into MMJ like a year ago :roll: . I used to love trying to find new bands when I lived in philly. Saw Franz Ferdinand at Shampoo before they hit it big (they were amazing)...Eagles of Death Metal at the Khyber...KOL at the electric factory. Once KOL release their 3rd album and started making shit music I kinda gave up. I will still put their first two albums up against anything.

I do hope that rumor is true about a new QOTSA album

Yea, same thing for me and MMJ. DOH!

I thought I had seen that they were making a new album but haven't heard anything in a while.

The new Beach House is really good, something a little slower.

I love our "everything" thread. Was there a game today? :lol:

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,733
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,324

i think we're all on the same page with the foos. they have always been one of those bands i've kind of liked, but always wanted more from. only have a couple of their albums.

that said, everlong is one of the best songs of that decade. fucking love it. the video was real cool too.

thank god pence totally redeemed himself today. gotta sweep this little cubs series now....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

• Options
    thank god pence totally redeemed himself today. gotta sweep this little cubs series now....

Kendrick vs. Garza. Ugh.

The Astros should've known better than to use a "closer" in a tie game on the road. Totally against the "rules". :lol:

• Options
    I love our "everything" thread. Was there a game today? :lol:

Anything is better than talking about the baseball team.

Heading down Friday. Chances of me making it into the stadium are 50/50. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather watch the sixers game (at xfinity of course) than the phils. I'm sure with the sox and celtics in town there are gonna be lots of boston dbags down there
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    wrigley should be playing small today
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

every park plays big when the phils lineup comes to town
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

every park plays big when the phils lineup comes to town

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,965
    Vance Worley to the DL with right elbow inflammation :(
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    cubs announcers are fantastic. Just spent a half inning discussing FIP. Love listening to these guys
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,733
    Good outing for Kendrick.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    cubs announcers are fantastic. Just spent a half inning discussing FIP. Love listening to these guys
    Len and bob spoil us. Best duo in town
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Len and bob spoil us. Best duo in town

that's not saying much since you're comparing them to hawk, who is the worst in MLB. I think the cubs crew is top 5 in all of mlb

chooch is a beast
This discussion has been closed.