***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    Beach Boys coming to Camden in June. I'll be in DC for the Yanks that weekend but I'll most likely take the ma dukes to see them in Raleigh. Fucking a, the beach boys are great.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Beach Boys coming to Camden in June. I'll be in DC for the Yanks that weekend but I'll most likely take the ma dukes to see them in Raleigh. Fucking a, the beach boys are great.

With mothafuckin' Uncle Jesse on drums....

But in all seriousness....looking forward to Brian Wilson back. Brian Wilson >>>>>> The Beatles. Awwwww shiiiiiit.
    In unrelated news, I really hope the Phils make a legit push for this Soler kid out of Cuba. Like him a lot more than that douche Cespedes - at least his value will be more worth it.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

With mothafuckin' Uncle Jesse on drums....

But in all seriousness....looking forward to Brian Wilson back. Brian Wilson >>>>>> The Beatles. Awwwww shiiiiiit.

You know it brother.

HAHAHAHAHA. Fucking love it. God damn spoiled fuck Chris McCandless.
    In unrelated news, I really hope the Phils make a legit push for this Soler kid out of Cuba. Like him a lot more than that douche Cespedes - at least his value will be more worth it.

I love how the Phillies talk is unrelated news in here. Rumors last night that the Phillies and Yankees are most interested. Rosenthal compared his power to Stanton but said he may not be an outfielder long term.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    +1
    Anyone trying for tickets now? I have a 17 game plan but i'm trying for one more game.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I just got tickets to two of the Business Person's specials, May 15 and July 25

I love leaving work early, heading to the park, drinking beer and watching baseball, when I should normally be working :D

Go Phils!
  • Brian Wilson >>>>>> The Beatles. Awwwww shiiiiiit.

In his dreams. :lol: I like a few of their songs but I don't get the Pet Sounds thing - Rubber Soul & Revolver stomp all over it.

Might think about going, but no way am I going to that shithole in Camden. (unless our boys go there - god I hope not)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I love how the Phillies talk is unrelated news in here. Rumors last night that the Phillies and Yankees are most interested. Rosenthal compared his power to Stanton but said he may not be an outfielder long term.

if the phils get him, they will have to pay about 12 million more than they've ever paid for one of these foriegners.

it's crazy the money that teams spend on these kids...
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928

I love leaving work early, heading to the park, drinking beer and watching baseball, when I should normally be working :D

they do that 70+ times a year at wrigley...at least the people who actually have jobs.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

they do that 70+ times a year at wrigley...at least the people who actually have jobs.

in philadelphia, it's about the quality of midday, mid weeek, baseball games sir. not the quantity. ;)
    www.myspace.com
    Brian Wilson >>>>>> The Beatles. Awwwww shiiiiiit.

In his dreams. :lol: I like a few of their songs but I don't get the Pet Sounds thing - Rubber Soul & Revolver stomp all over it.

Might think about going, but no way am I going to that shithole in Camden. (unless our boys go there - god I hope not)

Hook. Line. Sinker. :mrgreen:
    imalive wrote:

You mean the ones that actually don't have jobs.....

This never gets old.....Ladies & gentlemen, Philly's own, Lee Elia... :lol::lol::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S0CDtEz_Bo
  • Brian Wilson >>>>>> The Beatles. Awwwww shiiiiiit.

Hook. Line. Sinker. :mrgreen:

8-)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    Brian Wilson >>>>>> The Beatles. Awwwww shiiiiiit.

that's how i feel about camden as well. i would almost rather travel to see PJ than to head to Camden again. I hope they never play there again...but i'm 99% sure their next local show(s) will be there.
    imalive wrote:

in philadelphia, it's about the quality of midday, mid weeek, baseball games sir. not the quantity. ;)

Bazinga! :lol:
    this stinks....pushes that nail in newspaper's coffin's just a little further

http://www.the700level.com/baseball-phi ... eedID=8976

be interesting to see how it shakes out. imo, one good thing about the inquirer and daily news is it's beat writer's for all teams (sixers now not so much after kate fagan left).

but gelb and murphy both do great jobs on the phils beat. looks like only one will survive this thing...
    www.myspace.com
    this stinks....pushes that nail in newspaper's coffin's just a little further

http://www.the700level.com/baseball-phi ... eedID=8976

be interesting to see how it shakes out. imo, one good thing about the inquirer and daily news is it's beat writer's for all teams (sixers now not so much after kate fagan left).

but gelb and murphy both do great jobs on the phils beat. looks like only one will survive this thing...

that is a shame but the Daily News sucks anymore, I haven't bought in weeks. I prefer the Inquirer.
    And they both have the worst website of any newspaper in America.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Agreed.

And Murphy is a decent writer, but a huge douche. I hope they can his ass and keep Gelb.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Agreed.

And Murphy is a decent writer, but a huge douche. I hope they can his ass and keep Gelb.

agree with both of you. i think appearing on that daily news live show so much has gotten to murphy's head. it's like he thinks he's some kind of big star.
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Jorge Soler shirsey is on order. C'mon Rube, reel him in. Once he's available that is.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Agreed.

agree with both of you. i think appearing on that daily news live show so much has gotten to murphy's head. it's like he thinks he's some kind of big star.

He has a blog site that's absolutely atrocious.
    edited February 2012
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Agreed.

I have heard Gelb is a really good dude. Xavier from the Yanks thread knew him when he was on the Yanks beat and says he was a really good guy.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Jorge Soler shirsey is on order. C'mon Rube, reel him in. Once he's available that is.

I hear it's getting expensive. George King said he's being treated like "whiskey on the eve of prohibition". $30 mil is a lot for at least 1 year in the minors. Sounds like the Yanks may be backing off.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I have heard Gelb is a really good dude. Xavier from the Yanks thread knew him when he was on the Yanks beat and says he was a really good guy.

Yeah, he seems rational and smart - what this city needs - like Murphy, but without the pompous, condescending, pretentiousness.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, he seems rational and smart - what this city needs - like Murphy, but without the pompous, condescending, pretentiousness.

Yeah, I hate beat writers who are pricks for no real reason. Pete Abe who covered the Yanks and now writes for the Boston Globe is a great reporter, very accessible, good writer but a huge prick.
    Agreed.

He has a blog site that's absolutely atrocious.

just checked it out. looks like he's a bit of a hipster doofus to go along with all the self important doucheyness.

that is not the best combination to possess.
    www.myspace.com

just checked it out. looks like he's a bit of a hipster doofus to go along with all the self important doucheyness.

Assume this is it. Didn't read much but this post caught my eye and I thought it was pretty good.

http://www.rebelbutter.com/2011/12/29/b ... aily-news/
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Assume this is it. Didn't read much but this post caught my eye and I thought it was pretty good.

http://www.rebelbutter.com/2011/12/29/b ... aily-news/

I'll give him that article. Not bad at all.

But the reason I was directed to that site was through this crossing broad article - http://www.crossingbroad.com/2011/11/ph ... eague.html

Fuckin' McFadden's.....It's funny, he got into some kind of "twitter war"(is what the kids call it) with some other douche and he got called out for trying to nail Amy Fadool, but she kicked him outta the cab.
This discussion has been closed.