that ball was CRUSHED
    www.myspace.com
  • Lee is just philthy!!

Even most of the outs tonight the Phils ripped

:thumbup:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • 6 shutouts! 10 away from the record. ;)

R6 on base 4 times out of 5. 8-)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,551
    outscored the braves 23-1 last 2 games against them :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • 6 shutouts! 10 away from the record. ;)

How bout that defense

;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    6 shutouts! 10 away from the record. ;)

How bout that defense

;)

and how about the dbag that tried to reach over from the stands and catch the ball? are people really this dense that they can't understand not to do that?

and cliff lee if the freakin man. when he is on teams don't even get a sniff against him.

big boys had a good night. chase looked real good for the 1st time in awhile. great to see. keep it up and hopefully dodge the rain.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    RW81233 wrote:
    You going to Wells Discount yet? They have cases of Newcastle on sale for 20.99, and I got 21st Amendment Back in Black for 9.99 too. Of course still had to get my 12-pack of Natty Bottles for my drinking league.
    3 in a row and 4 of 5! Got a bye and homefield advantage..means pussy drinkers have to think about 10+ beers in a night to beat me in a playoff series. Half the league doesn't care, half the league is not gonna win.
    RW81233 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    You going to Wells Discount yet? They have cases of Newcastle on sale for 20.99, and I got 21st Amendment Back in Black for 9.99 too. Of course still had to get my 12-pack of Natty Bottles for my drinking league.
    3 in a row and 4 of 5! Got a bye and homefield advantage..means pussy drinkers have to think about 10+ beers in a night to beat me in a playoff series. Half the league doesn't care, half the league is not gonna win.

what the fuck are you talking about? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • what the fuck are you talking about? :lol:

Pounding 10 beers sitting at the computer on skype. Living the dream. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • speaking of that dbag on Sunday that interfered with Pence's double, I missed the after game show, did Cowboy Joe say he initially ruled it a home run. Otherwise, they had no right to review the play.

I was PISSED OFF man.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Philly shows blew these shows away,not even close. Msg 2 blew these shows away. Had a great time but the guests killed the mojo imo. Awesome time glad I went but I can't wait to be home. Something tells me I saw the fixer in buffalo wild wings wearing an utley shirt.

I agree...philly >>>>>>> pj20. msg as well. this weekend was more about the atmosphere than the shows. good shows, great fucking weekend. alpine valley is an amazing place to see a show. not sure if it's true or not, but someone was telling our group that PJ signed a deal to play APV the next 3 or 4 labor day weekends in a row. our group will definitely be making a return visit(s) if that's the case.

personally I could have done without the cornell/temple of the dog shit both nights. I don't want to sound like a complainer, but I was there to see PJ. that said, cornell did sound phenomenal.

I wasn't at buffalo wild wings. we were amazed at how many people there were from philly though. phils and eagles shit everywhere all weekend. pretty cool

I'm getting old. 4 nights was one too many for this guy. had a blast, but I'm happy to be home
  • The Fixer wrote:

I agree...philly >>>>>>> pj20. msg as well. this weekend was more about the atmosphere than the shows. good shows, great fucking weekend. alpine valley is an amazing place to see a show. not sure if it's true or not, but someone was telling our group that PJ signed a deal to play APV the next 3 or 4 labor day weekends in a row. our group will definitely be making a return visit(s) if that's the case.

personally I could have done without the cornell/temple of the dog shit both nights. I don't want to sound like a complainer, but I was there to see PJ. that said, cornell did sound phenomenal.

I totally disagree. I was at all 4 Spectrum shows and thought this was way better. Yeah there were lots of rare songs in Philly and the 2009 World Series was going on but as far as the concerts go, they weren't all that much better than the '03 Spectrum show or the '05 Wachovia show. And it sure wasn't as "special" as this was. They really deviated from the norm here by bringing guys like Homme, Finn, and Julian out for PJ songs as opposed to covers. Just the fact that I finally got to see Queens of the Stone Age elevates the weekend to a whole new level for me.

As for Temple, I said to my friend as we were walking out that there would be a small portion of the crowd that wouldn't dig it cause "they were there to see PJ. not Cornell" I'm totally not surprised that you'd be part of that small portion. I mean Christ, you complain about a ballclub that's like 40 games over .500. How the hell can you be expected to sit through Stardog Champion??
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

I totally disagree. I was at all 4 Spectrum shows and thought this was way better. Yeah there were lots of rare songs in Philly and the 2009 World Series was going on but as far as the concerts go, they weren't all that much better than the '03 Spectrum show or the '05 Wachovia show. And it sure wasn't as "special" as this was. They really deviated from the norm here by bringing guys like Homme, Finn, and Julian out for PJ songs as opposed to covers. Just the fact that I finally got to see Queens of the Stone Age elevates the weekend to a whole new level for me.

As for Temple, I said to my friend as we were walking out that there would be a small portion of the crowd that wouldn't dig it cause "they were there to see PJ. not Cornell" I'm totally not surprised that you'd be part of that small portion. I mean Christ, you complain about a ballclub that's like 40 games over .500. How the hell can you be expected to sit through Stardog Champion??

I was just giving my opinion (which I believe was the consensus regarding the TOTD shit). I liked the phillyand MSG shows a lot better. I wish cornell only showed up for one night, but the shows were still good.

NOw get back to your video games. How old are you 18?
  • The Fixer wrote:
    I'm getting old. 4 nights was one too many for this guy.

Yeah it was.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I was just giving my opinion (which I believe was the consensus regarding the TOTD shit). I liked the phillyand MSG shows a lot better. I wish cornell only showed up for one night, but the shows were still good.

NOw get back to your video games. How old are you 18?

Obviously you say that because I have referenced "MLB The Show" in this thread. No, I'm 28, I have a job, I dug the Temple of the Dog sets, I play Playstation 3, I like when Howard gets RBIs, I think you're a "Negative Nancy" who always looks for the lame aspects of awesome things (ie. Howard's production on an otherwise historic team) or considers awesome things (Cornell dropping in on PJ20) to be not awesome. I sorta pity you. Does anything make you happy?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    this shit is absolutely HILARIOUS:

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2011/09/th ... e-air.html

i think this is my favorite:

. @philaphillies How do you two stand listening to each other? #askthebooth

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
    this shit is absolutely HILARIOUS:

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2011/09/th ... e-air.html

i think this is my favorite:

. @philaphillies How do you two stand listening to each other? #askthebooth

:lol:

thanks for posting that those were hilarious. actually trying to bite my tongue at my desk so no one in the office hears me laughing. god tmac, sarge and wheels are awful.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,938
    the back and forth of three posts prior makes me think I need to get back into this thread :lol:

espn.com gives your boys a 100% "chance" of making the playoffs and my boys one point fucking nine% :roll: I hope you pound the fucking shit out of the d-bags like you did the reds last year. PHX is a total fraud of a baseball town.

keep imbedding the max quotes in every post and you'll be at 1000 pages before the end of business day ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Philly shows blew these shows away,not even close. Msg 2 blew these shows away. Had a great time but the guests killed the mojo imo. Awesome time glad I went but I can't wait to be home. Something tells me I saw the fixer in buffalo wild wings wearing an utley shirt.

I wasn't at buffalo wild wings. we were amazed at how many people there were from philly though. phils and eagles shit everywhere all weekend. pretty cool

I'm getting old. 4 nights was one too many for this guy. had a blast, but I'm happy to be home

Is it a Violation that i bought a Packers PJ 20 shirt??? That hill is vicious i don't think the pictures even do it half justice. Thankfully i ended up meeting a nice 10c member and bought his pair for nite 2. I'd gladly go back there as the area was alot better then i imagined. Flying is the only option if i ever to go back.

I agree 100% that we didn't need a full Totd set nite 2. It was cool but it really slowed down a show that was on a serious epic level. Cornell was amazing but Hunger Strike and Crown would have been just perfect for nite 2. I must have meet 50 people from the Philly/Jersey area. Love seeing the home town love so far away. And yes i'm getting old this week took alot out of me. Now i leave for Disney on Monday,i can really use some R and R.
    Go Birds!!!!
    imalive wrote:
    the back and forth of three posts prior makes me think I need to get back into this thread :lol:

espn.com gives your boys a 100% "chance" of making the playoffs and my boys one point fucking nine% :roll: I hope you pound the fucking shit out of the d-bags like you did the reds last year. PHX is a total fraud of a baseball town.

keep imbedding the max quotes in every post and you'll be at 1000 pages before the end of business day ;)

we'll be at 1,000 pages when we're damn well ready :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    Awesome fucking weekend.

Could have done without all the Cornell too but no complaints overall, just a great fucking time.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,938
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Awesome fucking weekend.

Could have done without all the Cornell too but no complaints overall, just a great fucking time.
    this is why you're approaching 1000 pages...yankee fan in the philly baseball thread, posting about music and replied to by the giants fan :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Awesome fucking weekend.

this is why you're approaching 1000 pages...yankee fan in the philly baseball thread, posting about music and replied to by the giants fan :lol:

:lol::lol: Very true.

Hope all is going well, dude.
  • imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Awesome fucking weekend.

My friend, I think you are missing the point of this thread. And it's not just the Phillies. It's a conduit for anything and everything. If you haven't noticed, this thread doesn't have the ability of being locked(knocks on wood).
    got tickets for tonight's game. they can't really be thinking of trying to get this one can they? could be a long cold night if so.
  • pjhawks wrote:
    got tickets for tonight's game. they can't really be thinking of trying to get this one can they? could be a long cold night if so.

Looks like no rain at 10pm. Maybe they can play it in an hour. Can we get a retractable dome??? This season has been ridiculous. This team could probably win 110 were it not for all the rain delays and DH's (i.e. Halladay comes out and bullpen blows leads and shit like that).

• imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Awesome fucking weekend.

My friend, I think you are missing the point of this thread. And it's not just the Phillies. It's a conduit for anything and everything. If you haven't noticed, this thread doesn't have the ability of being locked(knocks on wood).

The other thing is we are not a popsicle-suckers thread. The Yanks & Red Sox threads are basically rah rah for their teams. Phillies fans wallow in misery - this season has been pretty tough for us so far. Plenty of time for it to go wrong, of course. A dream season in Phila always ends in nightmares (Carter HR, Lindros knocked out, Kobe holding a trophy in South Philly, Rhonde Barber pick six, D-Mac throwing up). Then we can continue to be our bitter selves.

• Nice RBI

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Nice RBI

I liked it. 8-)

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I fucking love this thread...never go to yanks or sawx anymore, even bitched out a lame as late as hell Brewer thread (everyone knows it was the Grienke thread anyway). Hilarious shit every night, anything goes. i can go into pout mode and get my just desserts, and also have reasoned conversation with people too. Anyone could be blotto on drugs and alcohol at any point...maybe I should have been a fraudulent phiwwy fan. Nahhhh too boring. This is my argument for not ever locking this thread.

Also taught my first two classes of the year tonight. Let me tell you nothing makes you run to class faster than having a kid and being a stay at home dad for a summer...someone will cry this semester. I fail as a teacher if they don't.
This discussion has been closed.