Options

*****Philadelphia Eagles 08-09 Official Thread*****

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,823
    950 has really sunk in my book since it shifted to espn. who the hell wants to listen to mike and mike in the morning or van pelt and tirico in the middle of the day? i liked their old morning show with bradley and foley. i do like missenelli though--but i think jodi mac got screwed with his time slot. 9-1? that is right after rush hour and cuts out during most people's lunch break. they should've just kept the old morning show, had jodi mac do middays, and then use missenelli like they do now--right up against eskin. that would have been perfect. then just keep the same lockeroom show in the evenings.

instead they go and nationalize it. this is philadelphia. we dont give a shit about what the mariners are doing with their lineup. we care about the phils, birds, sixers and flyers for christs sake. (real philly fans anyway)

950's actually better. I'd rather listen to Mike&Mike than fucking Cataldi, and Mikey Miss is local and he's not bad. I'll still take the mid-day show over Jody Mac, but I'll switch between Howard and Miss.

Oh, and to the guy from CT. The dude's right who responded to you. I just don't think you'll ever get it because you don't live in the middle of an area that's defined by it's teams. I'm sorry, but you wont - not tryin to knock you. It's like college sports but on a much HIGHER level. This shit brings people together and breeds tradition. You are raised with the words "Dallas sucks" passed down to you. And unless you "get" our city you can't understand. Rooting for the home team is exactly that - having pride and loyalty for your HOME. And THAT is why we hate and cannot stand Philly frauds who are Dallas fans, Steeler fans, Yanks fans, Lakers, etc. etc. When WE, and I emphasize we, finally win something it'll feel like we've done it together and you'll see a parade like none other. I can't explain the feeling in this city when we're on the verge of a championship (i.e. '93 NLCS, '05 Super Bowl, '97 Stanley Cup, '01 NBA Finals). This town turns into one big family and party. And I don't think you get that in a city like New York because the city divides themselves between so many teams. Here it's 4 for 4 with one team/sport representing the city as a whole.
  • Options
    Just a layover to fly up to NY. I'd like to stay in Philly for a week, haven't been there in ages.

Are you from Philly or somethin? How are you an Eagles fan?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,407
    950's actually better. I'd rather listen to Mike&Mike than fucking Cataldi, and Mikey Miss is local and he's not bad. I'll still take the mid-day show over Jody Mac, but I'll switch between Howard and Miss.

Oh, and to the guy from CT. The dude's right who responded to you. I just don't think you'll ever get it because you don't live in the middle of an area that's defined by it's teams. I'm sorry, but you wont - not tryin to knock you. It's like college sports but on a much HIGHER level. This shit brings people together and breeds tradition. You are raised with the words "Dallas sucks" passed down to you. And unless you "get" our city you can't understand. Rooting for the home team is exactly that - having pride and loyalty for your HOME. And THAT is why we hate and cannot stand Philly frauds who are Dallas fans, Steeler fans, Yanks fans, Lakers, etc. etc. When WE, and I emphasize we, finally win something it'll feel like we've done it together and you'll see a parade like none other. I can't explain the feeling in this city when we're on the verge of a championship (i.e. '93 NLCS, '05 Super Bowl, '97 Stanley Cup, '01 NBA Finals). This town turns into one big family and party. And I don't think you get that in a city like New York because the city divides themselves between so many teams. Here it's 4 for 4 with one team/sport representing the city as a whole.

couldn't have said it better...and i do like mikey miss....but i just listen to music in the mornings rather than angelo or some national show i can get on my sirius
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, and I saw Ray Diddinger in the Dunkin Donuts this morning. That dude's awesome.
  • Options

no man, I do get it. Rooting for the home team is the way it should be...I don't understand why people here are, say, Michigan Football fans when they are in no way associated with the college and we HAVE a Football program here in CT.Was his Dad or someone in his family from Texas (vicinity)? Maybe a transplant?
    just saying....
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    no man, I do get it. Rooting for the home team is the way it should be...I don't understand why people here are, say, Michigan Football fans when they are in no way associated with the college and we HAVE a Football program here in CT.Was his Dad or someone in his family from Texas (vicinity)? Maybe a transplant?
    just saying....

Haha, don't worry Philly's far from a transplant city. Sure there are a few here and there, but this town for the most part pretty much stays put. I love when people complain "I can't even take my son to a Cowboys game in Philly." - Look you know how it is here, right or wrong for the actions displayed by the fans, but don't be stupid. You know what'll happen if you go. So it's just plain stupidity. It might not be the best thing to rep our city, but I don't care I love it. The WT drunks are like the black sheep drunk uncles of your family. We can yell at them, you can't. This is our home/house and you weren't invited.

Oh, and the dude from PA who is a Dallas fan does not come from TX in any way. Supposedly he was at the '80 World Series for the Phils. Which makes it even worse.
  • Options
    Haha, don't worry Philly's is far from a transplant city. Sure there are a few here and there, but this town for the most part pretty much stays put. I love when people complain "I can't even take my son to a Cowboys game in Philly." - Look you know how it is here, right or wrong for the actions displayed by the fans, but don't be stupid. You know what'll happen if you go. So it's just plain stupidity. It might not be the best thing to rep our city, but I don't care I love it. The WT drunks are like the black sheep drunk uncles of your family. We can yell at them, you can't. This is our home/house and you weren't invited.

Oh, and the dude from PA who is a Dallas fan does not come from TX in any way. Supposedly he was at the '80 World Series for the Phils. Which makes it even worse.
    ok...I felt like I was being lumped in with the so called "frauds" just because I am not from Texas. Not that I care too much what some dudes think about me on a message board, but didn't understand. I watch all my teams through good times and bad times. Never asked my father why he is a Cowboys fan, But he has been since at least 1972 ;). My grandfather (mother's side) is a Redskins fan. argh
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    ok...I felt like I was being lumped in with the so called "frauds" just because I am not from Texas. Not that I care too much what some dudes think about me on a message board, but didn't understand. I watch all my teams through good times and bad times. Never asked my father why he is a Cowboys fan, But he has been since at least 1972 ;). My grandfather (mother's side) is a Redskins fan. argh

Well, honestly, in my book you are indeed a fraud. But don't take it personally. That's how I look at anyone not from that city. Someone has to be technical about the rules!(I hope you get the facetiousness) But it's all good - what the hell are the people in Nebraska, Wyoming gonna cheer for? The current champion.

"It's about drawing a line in the sand!"-Walter Sobchak
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    I believe you should be a fan of the city's that represent your geographical area. Unfortunately thats not how it is. I think its all too convenient to root for a winner when the team wearing the name of the closest city to you might be in a losing streak. And I got news for you...all the fans of Dallas, Red Sox, Yankees, Pats, etc...those championships they have...they're not yours...so stop saying,"We have 5 Championships" cause YOU dont...the city of Dallas does, the Cowboy players and management does...so my buddy that lives in Dallas can feel apart of that championship...hate to break it to you but you can't...deal with it...you're just a guy wearing the colors of a team 1,000 miles away...kinda like rooting for the South against the North in the Civil War or vice versa. And I root for Rutgers cause I went there.
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    Well, honestly, in my book you are indeed a fraud. But don't take it personally. That's how I look at anyone not from that city. Someone has to be technical about the rules!(I hope you get the facetiousness) But it's all good - what the hell are the people in Nebraska, Wyoming gonna cheer for? The current champion.

"It's about drawing a line in the sand!"-Walter Sobchak

So, technically, according to your book, I cannot be a fan of ANY team (except Uconn)....haha dammit connecticut
    I gotcha. I would think fans in cities with pro teams that root for other cities' team would be more of a 'traitor' than a fraud, though.

I remember getting tickets to a Redsox/Tigers game in Fenway last minute and had NY Rangers jersey on at the time. Being a fan of the sport, decided to go without going all the way home to change. I knew I would get shit for the shirt, but I took it and even gave a little back...but I remember the bartender saying next time change before coming into his bar. haha
  • Options
    So, technically, according to your book, I cannot be a fan of ANY team (except Uconn)....haha dammit connecticut
    I gotcha. I would think fans in cities with pro teams that root for other cities' team would be more of a 'traitor' than a fraud, though.

I remember getting tickets to a Redsox/Tigers game in Fenway last minute and had NY Rangers jersey on at the time. Being a fan of the sport, decided to go without going all the way home to change. I knew I would get shit for the shirt, but I took it and even gave a little back...but I remember the bartender saying next time change before coming into his bar. haha

people in states without professional teams should choose the closest team to that state...thats in the rule book :D
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    I would think fans in cities with pro teams that root for other cities' team would be more of a 'traitor' than a fraud, though.

True, but I think the word "fraud" hits harder.
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    people in states without professional teams should choose the closest team to that state...thats in the rule book :D
    I hear you....I like all NY teams except football. ALWAYS have. I should like the Giants, but do not. I was wearing Cowboys stuff and had their banners in my room from day one. I can see how you would think how you think, though. I do too (to a lesser degree). Hell, If we had a pro football team, I would probably switch myself. Connecticut is pretty much divided for the most part between NY/BOS
  • Options
    True, but I think the word "fraud" hits harder.
    it is funnier
  • Options
    it is funnier

well that too
  • Options
    I hear you....I like all NY teams except football. ALWAYS have. I should like the Giants, but do not. I was wearing Cowboys stuff and had their banners in my room from day one. I can see how you would think how you think, though. I do too (to a lesser degree). Hell, If we had a pro football team, I would probably switch myself. Connecticut is pretty much divided for the most part between NY/BOS

Thats why I take you as a smart man..:D
    Shows:
  • Options
    Never asked my father why he is a Cowboys fan, But he has been since at least 1972 ;)

i would ask him
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    i would ask him
    I am going to guess it was that he won a lot of money betting on/against them in the 60's. haha
  • Options
    I am going to guess it was that he won a lot of money betting on/against them in the 60's. haha

have you ever given thought about breaking from the dark side and becoming an eagles fan? i sense the force may be strong with you, young american psycho fan. we eagles fans DO NOT GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT RESERVATIONS. i can assure you of that.

cowboys suck. GO BIRDS!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    have you ever given thought about breaking from the dark side and becoming an eagles fan? i sense the force may be strong with you, young american psycho fan. we eagles fans DO NOT GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT RESERVATIONS. i can assure you of that.

cowboys suck. GO BIRDS!

Nah, ya can't make him be left in sports fandom purgatory. Because that's what would happen if he started jumping teams at this time. I wouldn't accept him anyway - it's not allowed. We do travel strong though. I.E. So far by my own personal experience I've been to games in DC, New York, New Orleans twice, Dallas, and coming up are Seattle this year and San Diego next year.
  • Options
    Nah, ya can't make him be left in sports fandom purgatory. Because that's what would happen if he started jumping teams at this time. I wouldn't accept him anyway - it's not allowed. We do travel strong though. I.E. So far by my own personal experience I've been to games in DC, New York, New Orleans twice, Dallas, and coming up are Seattle this year and San Diego next year.

i dont see a problem with eliminating dallas fans one at a time though. its either this or kill him. and i dont really want to do that.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    If I had 2 Billion dollars I'd buy the Dallas Cowboys.....and shut the Goddamn doors!!!!!!
    Shows:
  • Options

The only way I would possibly change, is if we got our own pro franchise in CT.
  • Options
    The only way I would possibly change, is if we got our own pro franchise in CT.

You do - the NEW ENGLAND Patriots. God, I hate that. You shouldn't be allowed to represent 5 states.
  • Options
    You do - the NEW ENGLAND Patriots. God, I hate that. You shouldn't be allowed to represent 5 states.
    that's bullshit an you know it. They really need to change it to the Massachusettes Patriots

for example: if they DID move to CT, I may have changed because they were actually in my state. The fact they are in Mass, might as well like the Redsox/Bruins/etc
  • Options
    that's bullshit an you know it. They really need to change it to the Massachusettes Patriots

for example: if they DID move to CT, I may have changed because they were actually in my state. The fact they are in Mass, might as well like the Redsox/Bruins/etc

I know it's bullshit. That's my point - it should be the Boston Patriots.
  • Options
    Are you from Philly or somethin? How are you an Eagles fan?

Born and raised in NY, but a Philly fan all my life. Plus I went to Syracuse during the McNabb years. I don't believe in that if you are from a certain area, you must like that team. I had all the Bills and Giants fans in my neighborhood. Screw that, Cunningham, Allen, and Byars were my heros. Heck, I knew more about the team back in the 90s than I do now. But anyways, I'm flying into Philly to head up to NY for a week and need some new hats and shirts. Plus I've converted my wife to being an Eagles fan.

I've been pretty surprised that out here in Northern CA where I moved that there are a ton of Eagles fans. My neighbors son is a huge Eagles fan. Even has MCNIZAB on his plate. I've yet to talk to the guy who acts like his shit don't stink, but he's at least a fan.
  • Options
    Eagles- 24
    Steelers- 21
    Shows:
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    philly 8-12 in against their own division since 2005.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    long season. i had this as a loss when the schedule came out. we'll get them back when it matters most. !
    a win in sept is the same as a win in december/jan
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken