Options

*****Philadelphia Eagles 08-09 Official Thread*****

Comments

• Options
    Nah, McNabb messed up that hand-off.

You are not supposed to pump fake handoffs to your running back!
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,826
    No one saw Westbrook fumble? 3rd quarter, great run down to the 30 yd line or so and Westbrook fumbles. No one? I felt that was the pivot point of the game.

Yeah, that was big but that wasn't the pivotal point. The pivotal point was having the ball in Dallas territory, up by 6 in the 4th quarter and McNabb fumbles the hand-off to Westbrook in which ended up letting Dallas score a TD and take the lead.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,127
    No one saw Westbrook fumble? 3rd quarter, great run down to the 30 yd line or so and Westbrook fumbles. No one? I felt that was the pivot point of the game.

Yes he did fumble there but #5 had 2 critical ones IMO

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Yes he did fumble there but #5 had 2 critical ones IMO

Peace

Oh no doubt, no disagreeing to McNabb's fumbles. But if Westbrook didn't fumble and we kept that drive going and scored, Tony Romo wouldn't be getting some JS action tonight.
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    What are you talking about did you watch the game McNabb made both those fumbles. If he puts the bread i the basket those fumble don't happen.

Peace

He did have the misthrow that could have continued the drive, too. But he's seriously one of the best football players I've ever seen play the game.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    Like I said, oh well. It's not a huge loss, but could have been a huge win. It's now onto playing Pittsburgh. I like our chances a lot. Only dude on their D I really have any fear of is Polamalu and it's not much at all. And I like our D against the run. The problem right now is you better blitz a lot more than you did last night and this so-called awesome secondary has to get it's shit together. Mikell was a beast last night for a little man.
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    I'd like to point my Eagles bretheren to my post in the Dallas thread...

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=5859017&posted=1#post5859017post5859017
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    Great game

I'm not into moral victories we had this game and didn't win it

Where was the pressure on Romo ? NO SACKS !

That was the key part of this game to get into his face and force turnovers

Are you kidding me ?? When we did fluster him look what happens

INT and he turns into Small-hands-Krieg and fumbles the ball all over the place

The D was a total let down and not so Special Teams were terrible on KO's

Frustrating to lose a game like this
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Great game

I'm not into moral victories we had this game and didn't win it

Where was the pressure on Romo ? NO SACKS !

That was the key part of this game to get into his face and force turnovers

Are you kidding me ?? When we did fluster him look what happens

INT and he turns into Small-hands-Krieg and fumbles the ball all over the place

The D was a total let down and not so Special Teams were terrible on KO's

Frustrating to lose a game like this

I wanna hear from Jim Johnson on why they didn't blitz like they did last time they played in Dallas. They're too scared to get beat, but who cares? Ya gotta take some chances.
  • Options
    I wanna hear from Jim Johnson on why they didn't blitz like they did last time they played in Dallas. They're too scared to get beat, but who cares? Ya gotta take some chances.

Exactly

The whole time at the bar everyone was asking where is the blitz ?

We couldn't get pressure rushing 4 guys start blitzing

Are LB's are fast enough to blitz if you don't wanna risk a CB blitz

Another point what was with that last play of the game ?

• Options
    Another point what was with that last play of the game ?

I mean I understand that play sucked and was ridiculous. But that's the least of my problems. I mean, how bout the poor decisions leading up to that play? Like the penalty, bad incomplete passes, Greg Lewis not catching that ball, etc. If they played slightly better than we wouldn't had to have been put in a 4th and long situation.
  • Options
    I mean I understand that play sucked and was ridiculous. But that's the least of my problems. I mean, how bout the poor decisions leading up to that play? Like the penalty, bad incomplete passes, Greg Lewis not catching that ball, etc. If they played slightly better than we wouldn't had to have been put in a 4th and long situation.

And McNabb not throwing the ball away on 3rd down !!

I know the dude wants to make plays but you gotta use your head

You CANNOT take a sack there

• Options
    dont worry...its an early season loss...I'd rather make the adjustments now than in December
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    And McNabb not throwing the ball away on 3rd down !!

I know the dude wants to make plays but you gotta use your head

You CANNOT take a sack there

I love McNabb, but writer Mark Eckel had a good metaphor for that game - that game is McNabb's career in a nutshell. I can't wait to hear all the douche bag WT people call WIP and call for McNabb's head. All I know is the old McNabb prior to '05 is back(knock on wood). The only bad part, again, is ya gotta accept he tenses up in the last 5 minutes of a game. Just hope he keeps dancing around and puts up over 30 every week. I'd like to see him break for a run sometimes like he did twice this game. Like you don't need to prove to anyone that you have to make a pass. Even though that one run gained no yardage how bout it huh - how bout how he STAYED ON HIS FEET in bounds near the endzone?! That was ridiculous. Looked more like Marion Barber than Marion Barber did.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,446
    Like I said, oh well. It's not a huge loss, but could have been a huge win. It's now onto playing Pittsburgh. I like our chances a lot. Only dude on their D I really have any fear of is Polamalu and it's not much at all. And I like our D against the run. The problem right now is you better blitz a lot more than you did last night and this so-called awesome secondary has to get it's shit together. Mikell was a beast last night for a little man.

you like our d against pittsburgh's run? eeeehhh.....i dont know man. willie parker is damn good and mendenhal is a beast in short yardage situations. plus we always have a tough time against good afc teams. when the scheduled came out i had dallas and pittsburgh as losses, then we string off 4 consecutive wins. i felt better heading into dallas than i do pittsburgh. hope im wrong though. gonna be a HUGE early season test for the birds.

GO BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,446
    I love McNabb, but writer Mark Eckel had a good metaphor for that game - that game is McNabb's career in a nutshell. .

eckel is a douche. he has had it in for the eagles ever since they got rid of his boy...cant remember his name...the old gm before reid got promoted...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    you like our d against pittsburgh's run? eeeehhh.....i dont know man. willie parker is damn good and mendenhal is a beast in short yardage situations. plus we always have a tough time against good afc teams. when the scheduled came out i had dallas and pittsburgh as losses, then we string off 4 consecutive wins. i felt better heading into dallas than i do pittsburgh. hope im wrong though. gonna be a HUGE early season test for the birds.

GO BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's put it this way - I feel better about our run D than our pass D. We have a way of shutting down bruising backs. Marion Barber, S. Jackson, A. Peterson, etc. I just think we're better in this department right now than our secondary. And I can't believe I'm saying that because I thought it was going to be the other way around. A lot of injuries too last night...
  • Options
    eckel is a douche. he has had it in for the eagles ever since they got rid of his boy...cant remember his name...the old gm before reid got promoted...

You're right I don't like Eckel and his stupid lisp either. But that analogy makes sense though. And I'm a huge McNabb fan.
  • Options
    I love McNabb, but writer Mark Eckel had a good metaphor for that game - that game is McNabb's career in a nutshell. I can't wait to hear all the douche bag WT people call WIP and call for McNabb's head. All I know is the old McNabb prior to '05 is back(knock on wood). The only bad part, again, is ya gotta accept he tenses up in the last 5 minutes of a game. Just hope he keeps dancing around and puts up over 30 every week. I'd like to see him break for a run sometimes like he did twice this game. Like you don't need to prove to anyone that you have to make a pass. Even though that one run gained no yardage how bout it huh - how bout how he STAYED ON HIS FEET in bounds near the endzone?! That was ridiculous. Looked more like Marion Barber than Marion Barber did.

Yeah Eckel is Angelo's boy...I can't stand either one

I know what hes saying about McNabb though

Always coming close and not delivering all the time in Big situations

We were joking at the bar during the game saying lets put on 610 and they'll be saying "Get rid of McNabb!!!"

• Options
    Bring on Pittsburgh bitches!
    Shows:
  • Options
    Yeah Eckel is Angelo's boy...I can't stand either one

I know what hes saying about McNabb though

Always coming close and not delivering all the time in Big situations

We were joking at the bar during the game saying lets put on 610 and they'll be saying "Get rid of McNabb!!!"

I hope Cataldi dies a low death consisting of some kind of exotic disease that starts in the nervous system and works it way out. I cannot believe he makes 1.7 mil/year.
  • Options
    I hope Cataldi dies a low death consisting of some kind of exotic disease that starts in the nervous system and works it way out. I cannot believe he makes 1.7 mil/year.

worst sports personality ever..but he has his followers...they are all drunk, white, 40-50 year old males not smart enough to listen to 950
    Shows:
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    worst sports personality ever..but he has his followers...they are all drunk, white, 40-50 year old males not smart enough to listen to 950

610's only good for the midday and anytime Diddinger's on. And I'm actually a fan of Eskin a lil' bit. Yeah, that's right, I said it.
  • Options

That is a disgrace making that kind of money for being a blow-hard asshole

I don't mind Macnow and the Cuz in the afternoon

Cuz can be annoying but together they're good

• Options
    That is a disgrace making that kind of money for being a blow-hard asshole

I don't mind Macnow and the Cuz in the afternoon

Cuz can be annoying but together they're good

Yeah I can see the annoying thing, but Cuz knows his shit and is reasonable. All Macnow knows is hockey and I think he talks out his asshole sometimes about football, etc. Macnow is a good compliment to people like Cuz and Diddinger.
  • Options
    Guys...I really hate the friggin cowboys and these cockroach fans...I cant take it anymore...I'm gonna wind up going postal
    Shows:
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    Guys...I really hate the friggin cowboys and these cockroach fans...I cant take it anymore...I'm gonna wind up going postal

What people at work? Don't let it get to ya...I just usually tell them they don't count (fraud fans), etc. and ignore them thereafter. Usually works, especially when coupled with an elitist, condescending attitude.
  • Options
    What people at work? Don't let it get to ya...I just usually tell them they don't count (fraud fans), etc. and ignore them thereafter. Usually works, especially when coupled with an elitist, condescending attitude.

I'm trying...one girl didnt even watch the friggin game!
    Shows:
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    I'm trying...one girl didnt even watch the friggin game!

Well, she IS a girl. I mean c'mon, man. Get it together!
  • Options
    dallas wins big...

38-3.
    I am man enough to admit I was wrong. Very wrong. BOTH teams suck balls. Thats an easy four wins for the Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Men.

Pathetic. Nice play rook.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.