What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Movie 43

Wow, really crude and offensive and weird... I liked it.

I didn't see this movie, but I heard it was one of the worst movies in a loooooooong time.

Whoever said that was taking it way too seriously. It was way too weird with way too many surprise and bizarre appearances by huge actors to be that bad. And while some of it was just too gross, it had some high points.

Watching Dark Skies right now and it's creeping me right out. Good supernatural thriller!

just about everyone that i know that saw it (maybe 4 people?)said that (they do podcasts for movies) so they kinda have to watch just about every film, even the bad ones.

Also it got horrible reviews by critics. 4% on rotten tomatoes and 18 on metacritic. just sayin' ;)
    Lol, well I didn't say it was awesome or anything. ;) It was just entertaining. These are my requirements for a movie to not be just fucking horrible and the worst movie ever: It has to be interesting enough for me to watch it all the way through because I at least want to see how it ends. If I don't even care how it ends and I stop watching, it is officially fucking horrible. :D
    It was hit or miss. The "Middleschool Date" short was actually quite brilliant, IMHO. I also loved the "Veronica" short.

I think it's one of those movies that would be ridiculously funny if you watched it while high.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,790

Someone on here posted Blackfish. I had heard of the show and the comment motivated me to watch it- which I did last night.

It's scandalous at best... SeaWorld et al. Immoral and criminal: not only with the treatment of the whales, but for the deception of the trainers.

A pisser of a watch, wasn't it? I think they should be held accountable for the loss of human lives.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

Silver Linings Playbook

Finally a movie my gf and I both enjoy haha

Haha...true..
    Yup.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    I watched Gravity on the plane, it was ok. I guess I missed something.......
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,736
    wasa1971 said:

Probably the fact that it's really supposed to be watch in 3-D. Plus, who wants to watch calamities happening in machines that fly while sitting in a flying machine?

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    PJ_Soul said:

wasa1971 said:

Probably the fact that it's really supposed to be watch in 3-D. Plus, who wants to watch calamities happening in machines that fly while sitting in a flying machine?

Glad it wasn't just me. I'm not even sure if 3-D would have made it any better!.....
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,772
    Seven Psychopaths. Pretty wild movie. I liked it.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

I used to love thrillers but then i got paranoid and didn't like them anymore.

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

This one is in my top 5. Maybe top three. yea, top three.

I've got a list of movies to watch but they're all 2+ hours long. There really ought to be a law against this sort of thing.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    The Way, Way back. Decent flick...kinda fun.

Im looking forward to seeing "Her" or "The Internship" maybe over the weekend.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,192
    Secret Agent: Super Dragon (MST3K version :P )
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,192
    Raiders of The lost Ark :D
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Frankie79Frankie79 Cornwall, UK Posts: 203
    I'm watching One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest again- great film
    Hyde Park 25/06/10
    MEN Arena 20-21/06/12
    Leeds 08/07/14
    Milton Keynes 11/07/14
    Mexico City 28/11/15
    EV London 6-7/6/17
  • Options
    Gravity, for the first time, on amazon prime
  • Options
    Right now....Death Wish II...Bronson cleaning up the LA streets, a young Larry Fishbourne as a thug, and a Jimmy Page's score?!?! AWESOME!!!!
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,052
    All Is Lost……….meh!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,796
    Wolf of Wall Street!
    I love this movie!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 785
    Brian's Song (original)
    still one of my favorites
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,052
    Enough Said......with James Gandolfini . Good flick!!!! I miss the big guy!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Gravity.
    It was okay... I wish I'd seen it in 3-D on the big screen though. I think that was the real reason it got such good reviews, because the actual story isn't very interesting at all. It's a movie for the eyes, not so much the brain. I mean, it was okay, but nothing special.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Gravity.
    It was okay... I wish I'd seen it in 3-D on the big screen though. I think that was the real reason it got such good reviews, because the actual story isn't very interesting at all. It's a movie for the eyes, not so much the brain. I mean, it was okay, but nothing special.

That was exactly my take...although I got to see it in the theaters in 3D...originally I loved it (as I was watching it)...but after digesting it, I realized i'd never want to sit through it again. A most visual movie with very little plot or character development.

I woke up early this morning - couldnt sleep -- and threw on a movie called A Single Man. I only watched the first half, but I loved the way this movie was made. The cinematography and music is awesome. I hope the second half is just as good.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Gravity.

That was exactly my take...although I got to see it in the theaters in 3D...originally I loved it (as I was watching it)...but after digesting it, I realized i'd never want to sit through it again. A most visual movie with very little plot or character development.

I woke up early this morning - couldnt sleep -- and threw on a movie called A Single Man. I only watched the first half, but I loved the way this movie was made. The cinematography and music is awesome. I hope the second half is just as good.
    A Single Man is a great movie! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Gravity.

Yeah I really liked what I saw so far...(tiny spoiler for anyone who hasnt seen A Single Man)...Im not sure if you noticed...there were two scenes where they show Colin Firth's face where the actual color overlay does a very subtle transition from a drab grey to a more colorful tone...one was when he was talking to the little girl in the bank. I had to rewind it because with the music and how gradual the effect was, I thought I was high or something! ha! it was very cool.

Colin Firth is a really good actor.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,640
    Watched Philomena the other night. I thought it was really good. That said, I would like to bash those nuns heads with a baseball bat.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Gravity.

Yeah I really liked what I saw so far...(tiny spoiler for anyone who hasnt seen A Single Man)...Im not sure if you noticed...there were two scenes where they show Colin Firth's face where the actual color overlay does a very subtle transition from a drab grey to a more colorful tone...one was when he was talking to the little girl in the bank. I had to rewind it because with the music and how gradual the effect was, I thought I was high or something! ha! it was very cool.

Colin Firth is a really good actor.
    It's been a pretty long time since I saw it, but now that you mention it, I think I do recall some kind of change like that.
    Colin Firth is one of the best actors around IMO! I love him! I will watch ANY movie he's in.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,772
    We're The Millers. Pretty damn funny. And Jennifer Aniston playing a stripper didnt hurt things either...
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,422
    Captain Phillips. I thought it was pretty good. Tom Hanks is always awesome. And don't F with the US Navy!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Just caught The Place Beyond the Pines on cable. Still don't like it.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

Watched Philomena the other night. I thought it was really good. That said, I would like to bash those nuns heads with a baseball bat.

haha ...

i thought that movie was about as objective as one could make as it relates to the catholic church or in this case the convent ...
  • Options

Right now....Death Wish II...Bronson cleaning up the LA streets, a young Larry Fishbourne as a thug, and a Jimmy Page's score?!?! AWESOME!!!!

Is that the one in which someone gets impaled on an iron gate?
    I SAW PEARL JAM