Comments

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,161

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,218
    ^ any good? was thinking about going sunday
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,099

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    ^ any good? was thinking about going sunday
    Yes, I enjoyed it. A lot of fun. Like if you took the Man From Uncle (movie) and crossed it with an old WWII movie. Some nice action set pieces with a bit of a heist feel to it. Soundtrack is great, very spaghetti western. Ritchie is not breaking the mold here, but the cast is great and the movie moves along.
  • Options
    soph189soph189 Posts: 66

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    The Iron Claw. 

Good movie but too long like every movie these days, and pretty depressing. I already knew the story of the Von Ericks so I expected it to be a bummer, and it was. Well acted, well shot, etc., but depressing and they could've cut at least 20 mins out of it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

Started off with Dawn of the Dead to show my son. He went to bed and I watched Road House.

Now I realized I watched a remake double feature. I do like the Dawn of the Dead remake (not better than the original, just different). It has a super young Sarah Polley, who goes on to be a writer/director/Oscar winner. Also, it has Michael Kelly. I always like him. He went to my high school.

Road House was fine. But I won’t ever revisit it though.
  • Options
    Michael Kelly is great. And great in the film
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Michael Kelly is great. And great in the film
    Yeah, he generally makes any project better. Love him in Jack Ryan and the old show Person of Interest.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,616
    soph189 said:

I love this movie.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,531
    Rififi Poster
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,066

Don't watch anything this guy makes.  Sorry I don't understand why he gets a pass in life.
  • Options
    KISS ME DEADLY tonight on 35mm.

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253
    KISS ME DEADLY tonight on 35mm.

Soundtrack by Lita Ford?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    soph189 said:

I love this movie.

It was my first watch and I really liked it. Joaquin was incredible
  • Options
    Bought a third Terminator book

• Options
    Those look good! I’ve got the coffee table making of Alien and Aliens. Those are fantastic.
  • Options

Rewatched this. Been awhile. Noticed that the actor who plays the head inspector of the AFI in the film tells Denzel’s character his work history, which includes a spell in Rome as director for Interpol. I recognize the actor as the inspector from Ridley Scott’s Hannibal, which takes place in Rome. The character names are different, but definitely has to be a purposeful nod by screenwriter Helgeland. Funny since Man on Fire is by Tony Scott.
  • Options
    5 out of 5 movie right there.

I know what actor you're talking of. That is cute. 
    Hannibal is great too... BUT SHOULD HAVE BEEN JODIE FOSTEEEEER
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options

It is a great movie! I am a big Ridley and Tony Scott fan. Tony and Denzel sure did a lot of movies together. Love Crimson Tide as well.

I need to watch Hannibal again. At the time, I don’t think I liked it as much as Silence but that was in the theater 20+ years ago. Foster would have been better, but I do like Moore. 

Only thing I remember is the action movie oriented opening, the final scene with Liotta, and they filmed st the Biltmore in North Carolina. That’s a cool place to go to.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,531
    Good Friday's night movie..
    13 Assassins 2010 - Posters  The Movie Database TMDB
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options

It is a great movie! I am a big Ridley and Tony Scott fan. Tony and Denzel sure did a lot of movies together. Love Crimson Tide as well.

I need to watch Hannibal again. At the time, I don’t think I liked it as much as Silence but that was in the theater 20+ years ago. Foster would have been better, but I do like Moore. 

Only thing I remember is the action movie oriented opening, the final scene with Liotta, and they filmed st the Biltmore in North Carolina. That’s a cool place to go to.
    I love Julianne Moore. And I like her alot in Hannibal. And it’s a different film from SOTL. I just always wish actor-conituity is upheld. And would have been nice seen Foster and Hopkins again. 

I also respect Red Dragon for keeping it close to SOTL. even though it’s a bit late from seeing Hopkins girth and age. :) 
  • Options
    Yes, agree on the continuity. I think Jodie didn’t like the direction the book/script went?

Red Dragon is good, but I did enjoy Manhunter. Interesting that Brian Cox is the original Lector. I like William Peterson and Michael Mann. Being a native to Georgia, a very early movie to have actually been filmed in Atlanta (which matches the setting of the book).

It was fun to see the High Museum of Art turned into an asylum where Lector is housed. I’ve been down the spiral ramp that Will Graham (Peterson) runs down after being spooked by Lector so many times as it’s a central piece of that building.

Fun fact, it is also the filming location for Kilmonger’s introduction scene in Black Panther.
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,933
    Watched Kevin Smith's Tusk last night. I don't know how I feel about it just yet, but the movie is unsettling. 
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,306
    This movie was so much fun!

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Can’t wait to see this. Have a busy weekend so may have to wait a week.
  • Options
    I’m seeing it on Tuesday. Excited!
  • Options
    not doing well at the BO
  • Options