What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,137
    edited October 2023

An interesting one. As it says at the top..a gorgeous, heartbreaking piece of work. A fulfilling ending 7/10. 
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Going to Halloween (1978) on Halloween.  Fun watching it on the big screen
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,781

• 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,046
    Smile Film Review  The Point
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    I enjoyed Smile. Monster reveal was pretty creepy.

I enjoyed Smile. Monster reveal was pretty creepy.

It wasn't bad but i don't think will remember this in 10 years or so..
    tell me your opinion about It Follows(2014) please..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Oh, that’s a good one. Definitely indie horror. It’s got a slow pace, but an interesting take on the evil that stalks the characters. Not your typical horror movie. Maika Monroe is the lead in that and she’s awesome. You should also seek out The Guest and Watcher with her in them.
  • I enjoyed Smile. Monster reveal was pretty creepy.

Captain Howdy plays with a quija board
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PapPap Posts: 28,727
    A Dog's Journey (2019)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • Started watching Exorcist II: The Heretic yesterday. 

WHO ELSE IN HERE IS WATCHING EXORCIST II: THE HERETIC
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,137

Enjoyed this more than I thought I would. 8.5/10
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14

• Enjoyed this more than I thought I would. 8.5/10
    Watch the swedish original
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,452
    Introduced my son to an old classic yesterday

He was not happy with the whole “Lorraine hitting on Marty” storyline at all  :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Started watching Exorcist II: The Heretic yesterday. 

WHO ELSE IN HERE IS WATCHING EXORCIST II: THE HERETIC
    Fell asleep after 20 minutes. Not a good idea start up movies after midnight
  • goldrush said:
    Introduced my son to an old classic yesterday

He was not happy with the whole “Lorraine hitting on Marty” storyline at all  :)
    Haha.  It is creepy!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,385

Wanted to see that this weekend but too much marching band with my son. Read the book. Very interested to see the movie.
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,385
    ^ I hope you enjoy it when you see it and it lives up to the book :)

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,358
    Spunkie said:

We saw this Saturday night....very good movie. It was long but I can't say I was bored...just a little restless in my seat maybe but it keeps you paying attention. Scorsese did a good job of letting you know the background of the story right from the start.

I was surprised at the number of people that left early though. The couple next to us got up and left...I think she was bored and he didn't put up an argument. There were a few others that I noticed leaving as well.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • People are dopes.  They probably love Fast & Furious 27
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I’m always curious about things like that. Do they just go to a theater and pick something? I’d read up on a movie or at least see how long it would be to plan my day. Got behind someone going to see that movie Hero (about 20 years ago, a foreign film), and the ticket seller said you know it has subtitles, right? The couple was shocked and walked away. 
  • I watched JURY DUTY on Amazon Prime
    I’m halfway through that show. Who knew James Marsden was such a jerk? 😜 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,358
    I’m always curious about things like that. Do they just go to a theater and pick something? I’d read up on a movie or at least see how long it would be to plan my day. Got behind someone going to see that movie Hero (about 20 years ago, a foreign film), and the ticket seller said you know it has subtitles, right? The couple was shocked and walked away. 
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I bought tickets a few weeks ago without knowing much about it other than it was DiCaprio/De Niro/Scorsese. But I saw reviews about length, etc., so I knew we would be there awhile. 

Similar to Oppenheimer in that you realize it's a really long sit but it keeps you paying attention. Plus, we saw it at Flix Brewhouse so getting in and out of your seat to hit the restroom is easy and quick. Plus...they bring you beer whenever you press a button.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    Killers of the flower moon

human beings are the worst, good film

Oh, that’s a good one. Definitely indie horror. It’s got a slow pace, but an interesting take on the evil that stalks the characters. Not your typical horror movie. Maika Monroe is the lead in that and she’s awesome. You should also seek out The Guest and Watcher with her in them.
    Thanks..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Watched the first episode of the Fox (on amazon prime) Exorcist Tv-series. That was a really good first episode. But I still think I will stop there.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,840
    funny!