Options

What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,938
    22 Jump Street. It had it's moments and was pretty funny/good overall. Still think the first one was better though.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172

22 Jump Street. It had it's moments and was pretty funny/good overall. Still think the first one was better though.

I feel the same.... The 1st a bit better

The story was pretty much exactly the same, they even joked about it during the movie
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Chef. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Mama.

Fucking creepy shit, man.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    The Wolf of Wall Street. Finally watched it...book was so much better but I still enjoyed the movie quite a bit.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Has anyone seen the Book Thief?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Given To NapGiven To Nap Posts: 150
    Dallas Buyer's Club. Jared Leto was fantastic. Half the time I forgot it was actually a dude I was watching.
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    dankind said:

Mama.

Fucking creepy shit, man.

I was disappointed after watching that flick, I was told it was really good, good and creepy, not just creepy!

The last few mins...lmao, ya, alright.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643

Sorry have not seen that one

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820

yes. i enjoyed it..

• Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    the last movie I watched was "my house smells like ass"

It was different
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    Poncier said:

anyone ever see The Way Back with steve carrell and toni collette? i watched it last week. not a good movie, but those coming of age ones with the awkward kid always is a little entertaining to me. this one was weird though. carrell as a dick just didn't feel right. didn't buy it. and the movie supposedly takes place in the present day yet it looks, feels, and sounds like it was right smack in the middle of 1986. they drive an old station wagon with the wood looking shit on the sides (the kid sits in the "way back"), all the other cars are old too, nobody has a cell phone, and the water park where the kid works is a total 80's looking place. and the music was all from the 80's. there's one scene where this kid...supposedly a 12-ish year old (so born right 2000) is listening (with ear buds, on his ipod) and singing along to reo fucking speedwagon--and another girl, of a similiar age, hears him and recognizes the song.

it took me about about half the movie to figure out this was taking place in 2010 and not 25 years earlier. i think it's the only reason i kept on watching it.

The beach and house scenes were filmed here in the town where I live (Carrell has a house here, usually spends about a month here in the summer). That's the beach I go to. The water park is actually in a town about 25 miles south of here by the cape Cod Canal, so the kid couldn't ride his bike there. The actual water park is pretty dated, so the joke about the owner never wanting it to age was appropriate.

I enjoyed the movie, especially the employees of Water Whiz. Carell playing a douche was definitely odd. In The Office he was a loveable douche, here he was just a douche.

It becomes apparent 5 minutes in that its set in modern time, The opening scene in the car had me wondering also, but then when they reach town you see newer cars and Carrell explains the station wagon was his father's that they used to take there every summer and he had it restored to cherry. They do have cell phones, remember when the neighbor girl is standing outside holding her iphone saying she is waiting for her dad to call back.

they --rarely-- used cell phones. the thing with the neighbor girl is the only time i can remember seeing one. and the night duncan stayed out all night, nobody made mention of trying to reach him on his phone. there is no computer anywhere around. the houses all look old. i don't know. i watched a bit of it again recently to see if i still felt that way, and it's all i thought about while watching it. rockwell's car is some 1980's POS too.

another thing that bugged me---how do all of these people have the ENTIRE SUMMER off of work? i mean they're not teachers (duncan's mom is a caterer or something).

the more i think about this movie, the more it bugs the hell out of me.

and yes-- i was really hoping rockwell would have decked carrell at the end too. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,245

Poncier said:

anyone ever see The Way Back with steve carrell and toni collette? i watched it last week. not a good movie, but those coming of age ones with the awkward kid always is a little entertaining to me. this one was weird though. carrell as a dick just didn't feel right. didn't buy it. and the movie supposedly takes place in the present day yet it looks, feels, and sounds like it was right smack in the middle of 1986. they drive an old station wagon with the wood looking shit on the sides (the kid sits in the "way back"), all the other cars are old too, nobody has a cell phone, and the water park where the kid works is a total 80's looking place. and the music was all from the 80's. there's one scene where this kid...supposedly a 12-ish year old (so born right 2000) is listening (with ear buds, on his ipod) and singing along to reo fucking speedwagon--and another girl, of a similiar age, hears him and recognizes the song.

it took me about about half the movie to figure out this was taking place in 2010 and not 25 years earlier. i think it's the only reason i kept on watching it.

The beach and house scenes were filmed here in the town where I live (Carrell has a house here, usually spends about a month here in the summer). That's the beach I go to. The water park is actually in a town about 25 miles south of here by the cape Cod Canal, so the kid couldn't ride his bike there. The actual water park is pretty dated, so the joke about the owner never wanting it to age was appropriate.

I enjoyed the movie, especially the employees of Water Whiz. Carell playing a douche was definitely odd. In The Office he was a loveable douche, here he was just a douche.

It becomes apparent 5 minutes in that its set in modern time, The opening scene in the car had me wondering also, but then when they reach town you see newer cars and Carrell explains the station wagon was his father's that they used to take there every summer and he had it restored to cherry. They do have cell phones, remember when the neighbor girl is standing outside holding her iphone saying she is waiting for her dad to call back.

they --rarely-- used cell phones. the thing with the neighbor girl is the only time i can remember seeing one. and the night duncan stayed out all night, nobody made mention of trying to reach him on his phone. there is no computer anywhere around. the houses all look old.

You must have spent some time at the shore in a summer cottage/house? Those houses don't generally get updated all that often. Those are actual beach houses that they used for filming...was by there last week....some are strictly summer getaways, rented weekly, they aren't normally set up with computer etc. The scene where they play Candlyand on the rainy day....I've experienced similar. You go to the summer place on Cape Cod or wherever, if it rains you either go to the movies (Carrell was trying to get them to do that) or you see what old board game is in a closet somewhere or you play cards.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Can't wait for that rainy day in late-August for my family vacation to the Cape.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Yeah we played board games on rainy days when I was a kid. It looked very similar to that scene...nowadays you would see everyone's cell phone sitting on the table next to the game though. And if it wasn't his turn, a 13 yr old kid would have trouble not glancing at his phone every 2 seconds. Haha

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Also I bet if they did go to the movies, they would have looked up the movie times by checking the newspaper or calling Movie Phone.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

Also I bet if they did go to the movies, they would have looked up the movie times by checking the newspaper or calling Movie Phone.

That's funny. I think Juggler is a little a little nit picky but I enjoyed the movie. To each his own I guess.

Holding, and you are still holding, you may .... continue to hold!

:))
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

That's funny. I think Juggler is a little a little nit picky but I enjoyed the movie. To each his own I guess.

"This guy's an artist. Watch and learn."

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I'm looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy even though it is a comic book movie (although at this point only comic book movies will be produced it seems).

Watched Man of Steel last weekend ... meh ...
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,245

Carrell did have the newspaper in his hand if I recall.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

haha.....maybe so. just bugs me.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    Maleficent, it was actually quite good.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Yarden said:

yes. i enjoyed it..

I watched it a few nights ago.. it was very good. Excellent acting from some young kids! And the premise of seeing how a family in Germany lived during WW2 was gripping.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    The Smurfs 2 with my daughter....lol It was actually quite cute.
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,478
    Lone Survivor - Finally got around to seeing it, really liked it, incredible story
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004

The Smurfs 2 with my daughter....lol It was actually quite cute.

I liked them too the Gargamel actor does it great I think
    :)
  • Options
    Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs with my two girls. It was good.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    The Place Beyond The Pines
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 782
    Cocaine Cowboys reloaded. Watched the original CC, this one is just as awesome
    some extra footage that was left out of the first one, etc. I have never watched Cocaine Cowboys 2. Might check that one out soon
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Mission Impossible
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14