Options

How To Know He's A Keeper?

Comments

• Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    also......my wife loves your screen name.

haha well tell her thanks. I wanted to be "green disease" but green for environment, not money, but how would people know that? and I was drinking green tea at the moment :).
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    Exactly. People who are in relationships just have lower standards.

some of them do...
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    I used to work for a law firm in the finance department. My manager was woman who was in her early 30's.

About a year after I started working there, she was getting married. I went to her wedding.

One day she goes, "It was my goal to get married by 35."

She was so desperate to get married, in fact, she ended up marrying a guy who was jobless and didn't have his own car.

Now I hear he's a warehouse manager.

It's just that simple.
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    sponger wrote:
    being that I am over 30 and single.

sponger wrote:
    Well maybe you should put down the double cheeseburger and spend some time at the gym for once.

now does anyone doubt why this dude is not a keeper and is still single?
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    can you picture yourselves together when you are 80, sitting on your front porch, sipping ice tea, rocking in rocking chairs saying nothing at all - just enjoying each others company?

that is DEFINITELY the sign right there.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    SENROCK! wrote:
    that is DEFINITELY the sign right there.

This can be true in that I work as a nurse with a couple that have been married for 67 years. The husband has always told me he pictured growing old with his wife whom he married back in 1940.

Even with an occasional tiff between them they're pretty happy together after ALL these years.

I've done that same picture with my partner and THAT scenerio sits very well with me. Nice analogy.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    prism wrote:

lol. You make it sound as though only those who are polite get married.
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    lol. You make it sound as though only those who are polite get married.

however I know that men that behave like an asshole by make degrading, mean comments to a woman the way that you did don't get married. and if on the off chance that they are already married won't stay that way for very long...
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    prism wrote:

Agreed. :)

That cheeseburger remark was some world-class douchebaggery. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    well, as my friend says "my future husband is currently unhappily married." If a guy gets married as young as his twenties, there's a good chance it was a mistake and he'll be divorced by the time the good women are ready to get married anyway.

I got married at 30 and I'm a guy

My wife is 4 years younger then me

I think may have been married earlier in life if I met the right girl, but I hooked up with my wife by luck really when I was 28

There's no way to know what age is a good age, it depends on the couple
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    prism wrote:
    however I know that men that behave like an asshole by make degrading, mean comments to a woman the way that you did don't get married. and if on the off chance that they are already married won't stay that way for very long...

Yes, in a perfect world, nice people get married and mean people stay single. Wow, I may have demonstrated my ass-i-tude, but I'd rather be coarse than inexplicably naive.
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    Well maybe you should put down the double cheeseburger and spend some time at the gym for once.

thats some anger management issues right there i had to double read that because of how randomly rude it was. you were trying so hard to get in an argument.
  • Options
    thats some anger management issues right there i had to double read that because of how randomly rude it was. you were trying so hard to get in an argument.

If that's how you interpreted it, then maybe you are the one with issues. Anger was the last emotion I was feeling, but it's curious that you had the tendency to superimpose it over my post.

If you put some thought to it, then you might realize that I was only trying to help her with her situation. Losing weight is a great idea for any woman who is having problems attracting men.
  • Options
    Im not even going to dive into that last comment because its useless, you have your thoughts on the world and nothing i can say is going to change them. in your head you are convinced you're right. @ the original post it just is a low thing to say somebody who might get worked up about it.

to AmentsChick i say just stay patient it will work out
  • Options
    Im not even going to dive into that last comment because its useless, you have your thoughts on the world and nothing i can say is going to change them. in your head you are convinced you're right. @ the original post it just is a low thing to say somebody who might get worked up about it.

to AmentsChick i say just stay patient it will work out

Meanwhile, it's not low to write off an entire demographic of men?

What is the double-standard here, folks? A little tit-for-tat and I am the one who is uncouth? Please....
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    Yes, in a perfect world, nice people get married and mean people stay single. Wow, I may have demonstrated my ass-i-tude, but I'd rather be coarse than inexplicably naive.

well if you want to marry a mean, coarse bitch then you'd have your perfect match.

just don't think that any decent, nice girl would ever want to marry you

there's lots of nice girls that would much sooner stay single that put up with your assinine comments
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    prism wrote:
    well if you want to marry a mean, coarse bitch then you'd have your perfect match.

just don't think that any decent, nice girl would ever want to marry you

there's lots of nice girls that would much sooner stay single that put up with your assinine comments

OMG I am just laughing right now. Oh boy, it would probably break your heart to know just how unbelievably wrong you are. If you sleep better at night believing what you just wrote, then I'm happy for you.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i still can't figure out why my wife married me...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    brainofPJ wrote:
    Maybe because you're a good guy! ;)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Look, for those of you who have not yet figured it out or just haven't had the time to give it some thought, views like prism's and amentschick's are examples of the negative connotation that aged, single males have to face in everyday society.

Not only is it distastefully judgmental, but it also is a contributing factor in the pressure that many people feel to hurry up and get married without much thought to the future.

The result is the countless broken homes and the deterioration of the moral fibers that hold us all together as a community.
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Maybe because you're a good guy! ;)

hey, what's up?

i was just kidding...i saw some arguing on here and thought i would throw this out there.

add fuel to the fire!

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    brainofPJ wrote:
    hey, what's up?

i was just kidding...i saw some arguing on here and thought i would throw this out there.

add fuel to the fire!
    Happy New Year! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:

There's a song about your situation. You might know it. Track #11 on Vitalogy?
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    OMG I am just laughing right now. Oh boy, it would probably break your heart to know just how unbelievably wrong you are. If you sleep better at night believing what you just wrote, then I'm happy for you.

assholes spouting b.s. don't break my heart. if nice decent girls are beating down your door to get to your assinine self why are you posting on-line? or are you just taking a little break from treating them like shit long enough for them to run away, in the hope that the next one will be the mean, coarse bitch that will stick around to take your crap?
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Happy New Year! :)

Happy New Year!!!

:)

• Options
    prism wrote:
    assholes spouting b.s. don't break my heart. if nice decent girls are beating down your door to get to your assinine self why are you posting on-line? or are you just taking a little break from treating them like shit long enough for them to run away, in the hope that the next one will be the mean, coarse bitch that will stick around to take your crap?

here are just a few of your misconceptions:

married men had girls beating down their door before getting married

anyone who posts something less than courteous online must be that way in person

anyone who posts online must have trouble finding dates

women know who the assholes are, and even when discovering such is the case, immediately run from said relationship

way, way off.
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    There's a song about your situation. You might know it. Track #11 on Vitalogy?

i am the better man...

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    Happy New Year!!!

:)

your location and the poster above yours flow nicely as i was listening to undone. it flowed exactly as i read it. that was some crazy ass timing
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    Look, for those of you who have not yet figured it out or just haven't had the time to give it some thought, views like prism's and amentschick's are examples of the negative connotation that aged, single males have to face in everyday society.

Not only is it distastefully judgmental, but it also is a contributing factor in the pressure that many people feel to hurry up and get married without much thought to the future.

The result is the countless broken homes and the deterioration of the moral fibers that hold us all together as a community.

your being single wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with your being distastefully judgemental?

I never said anything about wanting to get married....as i don't believe in marriage
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    prism wrote:
    your being single wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with your being distastefully judgemental?

I never said anything about wanting to get married....as i don't believe in marriage

But you were quick to conclude that single people are in a way deserving of their situation because of their abrasive natures. Again, judgmental.