Options

How To Know He's A Keeper?

Comments

• Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    brainofPJ wrote:
    i am the better man...

Right...because you're married. There seems to be a lot of that mentality going around.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    sponger wrote:
    Right...because you're married. There seems to be a lot of that mentality going around.

...words in my mouth...

i'll let you continue to go at it with others because you clearly aren't worth my time.

happy new year...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    sponger wrote:
    here are just a few of your misconceptions:

married men had girls beating down their door before getting married

anyone who posts something less than courteous online must be that way in person

anyone who posts online must have trouble finding dates

women know who the assholes are, and even when discovering such is the case, immediately run from said relationship

way, way off.

what you've posted in this thread hasn't been "less than courteous." it's been assinine and stupid. even if you only behave that way a tenth of the time in person it would be enough to keep any decent, nice girl away

once a nice woman finds out (if it's not immediately apparent) that a guy is an asshole she won't stick around for long. now who's way, way off?
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    brainofPJ wrote:
    ...words in my mouth...

i'll let you continue to go at it with others because you clearly aren't worth my time.

happy new year...

Sooo boPJ, 12 years is a long time these days to be married. :)

Any tips?

I was gonna ask wolfy too because she's been married for like FOREVER but I think she's gone to bed. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    your location and the poster above yours flow nicely as i was listening to undone. it flowed exactly as i read it. that was some crazy ass timing

oh yea, before i don't come back to this thread i wanted to comment on this...

crazy ass timing indeed! :)

• Options
    sponger wrote:
    But you were quick to conclude that single people are in a way deserving of their situation because of their abrasive natures. Again, judgmental.

no. I said that YOU are deserving of of your single situtation because of YOUR abrasive nature.

I never said that it in any way applied to people that treat people with respect, kindness and courtesy.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    prism wrote:
    what you've posted in this thread hasn't been "less than courteous." it's been assinine and stupid. even if you only behave that way a tenth of the time in person it would be enough to keep any decent, nice girl away

OK, now I'm just convinced that you just don't know what a nice, decent girl is...other than your sister.

once a nice woman finds out (if it's not immediately apparent) that a guy is an asshole she won't stick around for long. now who's way, way off?

I'm going to disagree with that just one more time. It's either your way of countering my point of view, or you're really just that unaware of what goes on in the world.

Do you really think that most emotionally balanced women actually leave marriages with men who turn out to be jackasses? You have got to be kidding. The exact opposite is more along the lines of the truth, and it is one of the sad commentaries of human history.
  • Options
    Jeanie wrote:
    Sooo boPJ, 12 years is a long time these days to be married. :)

Any tips?

I was gonna ask wolfy too because she's been married for like FOREVER but I think she's gone to bed. :)

12 years?!

ahh crap, my lies are catching up to me!!!

nah, we haven't been married that long...just a couple of years. feels like longer though...in a good way :)

• Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    12 years?!

ahh crap, my lies are catching up to me!!!

nah, we haven't been married that long...just a couple of years. feels like longer though...in a good way :)

Wait! Maybe it was me that read it wrong? :o It's also quite possible that I've confused you with someone else! :confused:

But still I think even being willing to take the plunge these days is pretty amazing. I've always been far too chicken. Luckily for me, my uncle did say to me once that was probably because it simply wasn't the right person for me. I had trouble with that concept. You know? The "You'll just know" idea? But I think I get it now. I think you do just know and what you know is that this is the person that you want to try and make a life with. Least I think that's what will happen. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    OK, now I'm just convinced that you just don't know what a nice, decent girl is...other than your sister.

I'm going to disagree with that just one more time. It's either your way of countering my point of view, or you're really just that unaware of what goes on in the world.

Do you really think that most emotionally balanced women actually leave marriages with men who turn out to be jackasses? You have got to be kidding. The exact opposite is more along the lines of the truth, and it is one of the sad commentaries of human history.

I know what a nice, decent girl is. some of them that I know are married and some of them are single and choose to stay that way rather than suffer a relationship with an asshole.

wow... did you just show how much you are off. if a woman IS emotionally balanced and is married to a jackass she'll leave him at the earliest opportunity. it's the women that are emotionally UNbalanced that will stick around to put up with an asshole's behavior. an emotionally balanced women would have the self-esteem not to stick around and she'd know that it's okay to leave the asshole behind and that it's much more probable that she'll be happier on her own
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    Jeanie wrote:
    Wait! Maybe it was me that read it wrong? :o It's also quite possible that I've confused you with someone else! :confused:

But still I think even being willing to take the plunge these days is pretty amazing. I've always been far too chicken. Luckily for me, my uncle did say to me once that was probably because it simply wasn't the right person for me. I had trouble with that concept. You know? The "You'll just know" idea? But I think I get it now. I think you do just know and what you know is that this is the person that you want to try and make a life with. Least I think that's what will happen. :)

Just stick with Lukin...Dog's are always happy to see ya

:p
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Just stick with Lukin...Dog's are always happy to see ya

:p

Well he sure is tonight! :p I just fed him two fresh lamb steaks! :D

I don't wanna be married just for the sake of being married, but I do like the idea of having my own family, me, my significant other and Lukin! :D

There's something about that sitting on the porch together in your rocking chairs when your teeth have all fallen out and everything's sagged north that really appeals to me! ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    Easy...

You take out a measuring tape and it it's a certain length you keep it....

Oh wait, that's fishing

nevermind
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Jeanie wrote:
    Well he sure is tonight! :p I just fed him two fresh lamb steaks! :D

I don't wanna be married just for the sake of being married, but I do like the idea of having my own family, me, my significant other and Lukin!

There's something about that sitting on the porch together in your rocking chairs when your teeth have all fallen out and everything's sagged north that really appeals to me! ;)

Damn !! That doggie is eating better then me

Everything sagging North appeals to me too :p

I know whatcha mean, it can get lonely in this world

It was a shocker to everyone that I found a woman that would marry :eek:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Easy...

Oh wait, that's fishing

nevermind

haha!! :D No wonder it's all going pear shaped for me then, I have NO CLUE about fishing!!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    Easy...

Oh wait, that's fishing

nevermind

awwww...do the ladies continue to toss you back? ;)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    Damn !! That doggie is eating better then me

Everything sagging North appeals to me too : p

I know whatcha mean, it can get lonely in this world

It was a shocker to everyone that I found a woman that would marry : eek:

Well only coz I wanna defrost the fridge!! :D And it's so hot I couldn't be stuffed cooking them for myself. He's good like that! A living breathing garbage disposal unit! ;)

See? Now that's the thing, I've really never had any desire to get married, oh well a couple of times there when I was young and stupid and hadn't outgrown my romantic notions yet, but I know I'll be perfectly ok and happy enough if I never marry. Sure it'll get lonely there if I live long and everyone else has dropped off but that could happen anyway, even if I did get married and I lost my husband. Women seemingly living longer than fellas on average and all. I guess the idea of sharing with someone, having a best friend, someone I can truly be myself around, that appeals to me. Sharing my life with someone. Learning all that stuff that long term couples know. I mean I've learned some of it in relationships in the past, but I pretty much know how to do single successful and happy and lately I dunno, I guess I just think marriage might be nice. :)

But I'm sure, like you, that quite a few people around me will probably keel over and die from the shock if I ever do marry! :D My brother in particular would have to eat a fair bit of crow and I could thoroughly enjoy watching that! (whilst I'm happily sagging north on the rocking chairs with the hubby of course!) ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    prism wrote:
    I know what a nice, decent girl is. some of them that I know are married and some of them are single and choose to stay that way rather than suffer a relationship with an asshole.

wow... did you just show how much you are off. if a woman IS emotionally balanced and is married to a jackass she'll leave him at the earliest opportunity. it's the women that are emotionally UNbalanced that will stick around to put up with an asshole's behavior. an emotionally balanced women would have the self-esteem not to stick around and she'd know that it's okay to leave the asshole behind and that it's much more probable that she'll be happier on her own

By that rationale, you imply that women who are in emotionally and/or physically abusive relationships are simply the coarse, mean, disturbed women that you seem to understand so well. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that's not only closed-minded, but disturbingly sexist in a way. "Those women deserve it," is basically what you're saying.

The truth is that most women would rather endure a lifetime of that abuse than risk being single again. This is especially true if children are involved, or if the man was the principle bread-winner, and too many other reasons to mention. And that's not including the stigma that single women face as they themselves get older.

You've just spent post after post demonstrating your obliviousness to those certain realities of people and relationships. It's too unreal.
  • Options
    prism wrote:
    awwww...do the ladies continue to toss you back? ;)

on my back yes... sometimes I toss on theirs..

uh oh.... I just went there :D

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Jeanie wrote:
    haha!! :D No wonder it's all going pear shaped for me then, I have NO CLUE about fishing!!! :D

It's really easy, after you get a good nibble just give the rod a tug...

Ok....I gotta stop now... :D

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    It's really easy, after you get a good nibble just give the rod a tug...

Ok....I gotta stop now... :D

haha!! :D

Aaaah! So that's what I'm doing wrong! :p:D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    what a load of bollocks to entertain females in their boring dull lives.jee....like a woman can't figure out for herself what's best for her or not :rolleyes:

but hey women like that kind of shit....spending days on end guess on a flower petals "he loves me"/"he loves me not" :rolleyes:

btw, couldn't read whole way through that article, cause i got really bored
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    prism wrote:

so in other words some women are already emotionaly imbalanced before they enter into a relationship?
    I still don't know to this day what love is, but i however experienced myself ignoring all the facts staring into my face, because i liked that person a lot. i just ignored them, because i wanted to be with him.
    so, imagine what if this guy abuses me physically and then says sorry....would i not want to forgive? and ignore the first time it happened?

well me presonality i am assuming i'll be strong enough to walk away in the first sign of trouble....but not everyone is like that. plus i'm moving moving away from my point

my point is: some women are stable when they get into a relationship, and then after being manipulated, controlled, and threatened they become fearful and afraid to leave their boyfriend. and i will also say they become used to being controlled by someone, if that control is taken away they are left with fear of unknown.
  • Options
    Agreed. :)

That cheeseburger remark was some world-class douchebaggery. :rolleyes:

absolute douchebaggery. didn't you know that all single women are fat slobs with poor eating habits?
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    If he's sexy in the kitchen he's a keeper. Some men, the way they roll up their sleeves, and dig into the euphoria that is cooking just make me happy happy happy.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    If he's sexy in the kitchen he's a keeper. Some men, the way they roll up their sleeves, and dig into the euphoria that is cooking just make me happy happy happy.

haha wow I never thought of that but it does sound good. especially the rolling up of the sleeves part.
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    How to know he's a keeper?

Any of you ladies out there knows if he's a keeper or not?

Peace
    Isn't there just some minimum size requirement or something? They have laws like this for fish, so I assume there's something for men as well.
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    genie wrote:
    what a load of bollocks to entertain females in their boring dull lives.jee....like a woman can't figure out for herself what's best for her or not :rolleyes:

but hey women like that kind of shit....spending days on end guess on a flower petals "he loves me"/"he loves me not" :rolleyes:

btw, couldn't read whole way through that article, cause i got really bored

seriously....it was like daytime TV as of the first paragraph. Sadly there are women AND men who get wrapped up in those kinds of articles.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Saturnal wrote:
    Isn't there just some minimum size requirement or something? They have laws like this for fish, so I assume there's something for men as well.

yes, there is....

gargantuan or "hung like a china mule" are minimum requirements. :p
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    Whizbang wrote:
    seriously....it was like daytime TV as of the first paragraph. Sadly there are women AND men who get wrapped up in those kinds of articles.

yes there are absolutely men who get into those articles...my ex-boyfriend is obsessed with them! but they are all such crap. I tend to read them for entertainment, but they make me want to throw up! all that "relationship advice" from books and magazines is a load of bullshit.