Options

Anything wrong with smoking weed?

Comments

• Options
    SwanSwan Posts: 350
    eyedclaar wrote:
    The point is, on paper and to the average person, I look like the most upstanding responsible American citizen you could possibly ask for. I blend in seamlessly whenever I want to. It serves my purposes well. I've spent a ton of professional time meeting with and helping recruit state troopers and high ranking Dept. of Corrections personnel. The irony has always been delicious. Mommy's perfect little man? Oh no, not even close. More like Mommy's little demon.

i got the point the first time.
    I'm the only Hell Mama ever raised.
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Swan wrote:
    i got the point the first time.

Are you sure because I am willing to pontificate to some degree...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,083
    All the f*cked up problems in my family are directly related to drugs and they all started out using pot (not that it happens to everyone). The latest "casualty" was an 18 year old nephew about to go to UCLA on a full scholarship when he died 2 years ago from using some kind of shit
    justam wrote:
    I'm going to take an unpoplular position and tell you what I really think...

I think habitual pot smoking saps people's energy. It makes them lethargic and distracted from what they probably ought to be thinking about. Also, it does kill brain-cells and it does lower your sperm count and sex drive.

Do you really need these extra drags on you as a young man? :p

Take my thoughts how ever you want to....but I came by them honestly. I was a teenager in the Haight-Ashbury in SF and I saw soooooo many drug casualties that I don't think habitual pot use is harmless.

:)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Bill Clinton smoked weed and look what happened to him.

Yeah, he married a Man! :eek:
    NERDS!
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Yeah, he married a Man! :eek:

And an ugly one at that...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    battan1120battan1120 Posts: 310
    Only if its got seeds.
    The bus came by and I got on!!!!!
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    ha ha ha ha!

I guess I need to quit. My brains shot from all the coffee, weed, and cigarettes. Here I am trying to crack a joke, and the jokes on me. Story of my life. I thought "she" said "she" was married to an avid outdoorsman. my bizzad.

see kid. perfect example why you should not smoke pot.....that often.

ha ha, nah, if you read over it quick it does seem like he said that he is marrie o an avid outdoors man.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    eyedclaar wrote:
    What exactly are the withdrawal symptoms of marijuana use?
    Same as every other drug with an addictive effect, basically, once you've developed a bit of a tolerance to its effects and wanting to have a higher dose. then even higher. Then higher. And so on.

Headaches, craving for a toke/fix, high levels of physiological agitation, shakes, wanting to hurt someone, including yourself.

Anyone who thinks there's nothing wrong with smoking pot (especially in high doses on a daily basis) is an utter fool.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    justam wrote:
    I'm going to take an unpoplular position and tell you what I really think...

I think habitual pot smoking saps people's energy. It makes them lethargic and distracted from what they probably ought to be thinking about. Also, it does kill brain-cells and it does lower your sperm count and sex drive.

Do you really need these extra drags on you as a young man? :p

Take my thoughts how ever you want to....but I came by them honestly. I was a teenager in the Haight-Ashbury in SF and I saw soooooo many drug casualties that I don't think habitual pot use is harmless.

:)

perhaps this stuff is true to some point
    and to some people

for me smoking does opposite effect on me
    im the farthest thing from lethargic when smoking
    it makes me extremely hyper
    i pace the floors like you wouldn't believe

take off for walks no matter the time/weather
    on the go 24x7 with the greenery

distracted is kinda true but not really
    i do better with my algebra studies being puffy puffy
    than not puffy puffy

ppl with ADD or ADHD minds
    will find great improvements in their lives
    when they smoke...
    im no doctor and all
    this is just merely what individual
    ppl are discovering about themselves

i hear it quite often actually
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I'm 16 and I try to keep my life going in the right directions. Lately, I've started smoking weed (last 6 months). I smoke it maybe twice a week (less during school). I've been fairly depressed for the last year (i hear its fairly normal). Is it bad for me to be smoking? Sometimes I feel like I might be doing it because i'm a little depressed. But I always tell people not to do it when their depressed... to make good times better. Am I too young to be doing this? am I going to have to deal with side effects when I get older (planning on stopping by age 20). I really just want to do what is best for my future... but lately I've just been trying to get through the times I'm faced with now... and weed helps me do that. I value my life and future a lot. I'm not depressed just for the sake of it... its mostly about a girl (heheh). Is weed going to have negative long term effects or change my attitude or emotions in a negative way? My brother has smoked for 2 years heavily and stopped about a 3 months ago (got baptized, gave everything up) and he seems fine. please help.

being 16 as well, i see alot of my friends doing it more and more. They seem fine to me and some smoke it almost everyday. i can't give you any real advice about weed because i have never tried it myself. as far as the future goes, i know some adults that used to smoke weed when they were young and they are perfectly fine now as far as im concerned. i dont think a little weed will hurt u that much.
  • Options
    luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    I can't ask anyone for help with my depression... it just seems like its nothing I can control... love, life, and circumstance... there seems no way to cope... and honestly weed hasn't helped long term in the slightest... it only helps short term... I don't think i'm really connected to weed through my depression... I'm just wondering if its gonna make me stupid... or numb... or lazy... long term...

you are 16 and that's normal. When I was your age I was feeling the same way. I also tried Weed, had a lots of friend who were/ are stoners,... . At first it was really cool because I forgot the whole world, my problems, the girl who didn't love me,... but then I started to fell more depressed when I smoked. I started to realize that all my friends weren't able to handle the smoke, we couldn't go out without having someone who asked after 15 minutes if we could go in the parc and have a joint. And a lot of us started to use other stuff and I stoped it. I got a life, had a lot of fun, more sex,... .
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Options
    There is nothing wrong with smoking pot but here are some things you need to tell yourself.

1.I smoke weed because I want to, not because i'm down on some girl
    2.ever tell the girl you like her? maybe she likes you too.
    3. try eating some acid at a pearl jam concert. it's so much more fun than just smoking pot at home while listening to ten on vinyl. hell eat some acid at home and put on your pearl jam vinyls.

I'm the same age as you and I've been smoking weed for years. It took me then more years to try other drugs. I've now tried a lot of drugs but there are things i'll never do and ways of doing a drug i'll never know what it feels like. drugs are expensive. the only down from them.
    5-25-06 Boston II
    6-14-08 Bonnaroo
    6-30-08 Mansfield II
    5-17-10 Boston
    10-23-10 Bridge School 24
    10-24-10 Bridge School 24
  • Options
    luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    There is nothing wrong with smoking pot but here are some things you need to tell yourself.

3. try eating some acid at a pearl jam concert. it's so much more fun than just smoking pot at home while listening to ten on vinyl. hell eat some acid at home and put on your pearl jam vinyls.

I'm the same age as you and I've been smoking weed for years. It took me then more years to try other drugs. I've now tried a lot of drugs but there are things i'll never do and ways of doing a drug i'll never know what it feels like. drugs are expensive. the only down from them.

whow...
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    I'm 16 and I try to keep my life going in the right directions. Lately, I've started smoking weed (last 6 months). I smoke it maybe twice a week (less during school). I've been fairly depressed for the last year (i hear its fairly normal). Is it bad for me to be smoking? Sometimes I feel like I might be doing it because i'm a little depressed. But I always tell people not to do it when their depressed... to make good times better. Am I too young to be doing this? am I going to have to deal with side effects when I get older (planning on stopping by age 20). I really just want to do what is best for my future... but lately I've just been trying to get through the times I'm faced with now... and weed helps me do that. I value my life and future a lot. I'm not depressed just for the sake of it... its mostly about a girl (heheh). Is weed going to have negative long term effects or change my attitude or emotions in a negative way? My brother has smoked for 2 years heavily and stopped about a 3 months ago (got baptized, gave everything up) and he seems fine. please help.

I've never heard of anyone with a "plan" on how long they were gonna smoke weed.. If you plan on stopping at 20, just stop now and you won't have to worry about it. Nothing against weed or those who partake, I do at times, it's just if you plan to stop anyhow, might as well be now instead of in 4 years.

Peace
    Just me
  • Options
    xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
    Zanne wrote:
    I've never heard of anyone with a "plan" on how long they were gonna smoke weed.. If you plan on stopping at 20, just stop now and you won't have to worry about it. Nothing against weed or those who partake, I do at times, it's just if you plan to stop anyhow, might as well be now instead of in 4 years.

Peace

I just think my teenage problems are gonna be short-lived like everyone tells me so I figure... I'll do what ever I can to get through them now... and when i get older I can just stop everything and live a happy life. Or am I wro ng
  • Options
    I just think my teenage problems are gonna be short-lived like everyone tells me so I figure... I'll do what ever I can to get through them now... and when i get older I can just stop everything and live a happy life. Or am I wro ng

Are you a chick or dude?
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
    Are you a chick or dude?

A dude
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I think you should try to stay away. I'm very old and I've heard about people that I knew in the 1970's who were doing it back then and still are now that they are in their late forties/early fifties. One lady said her older brother still does it (he's probably 55) and he gets panic attacks when he's high.

I wish I knew where the online article was that I read about teens smoking pot and how bad it is for them b/c their brain is still developing. Maybe it was in a magazine. To me, that's scarier than just hearing it leads to harder drugs. A person can control that.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options

there is no such thing as teenage problems. everyday you build your life to something new and into further depths of reality. what is reality, you are far from knowing. reality is knowing that you don't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, eventually you'll get what you need.

I'm pretty satisfied with my life: smoking weed with my friends, going to concerts, listening to music, having a job where the work i do directly effects those around me in my community.

it's the small things in life that actually make your life "Akuna Matata" (it means no worries for the rest of your days, its our problem free philosophy).
    Smoking pot just helps me fit in there.

and to luxpjamer,
    whow? Are you asking wow, or how? Do you wanna rock out on some lsd with some pj?
    5-25-06 Boston II
    6-14-08 Bonnaroo
    6-30-08 Mansfield II
    5-17-10 Boston
    10-23-10 Bridge School 24
    10-24-10 Bridge School 24
  • Options

You my friend, are an idiot.
    I am right by your side

shows:
    7/18/06 SF
    Bridge School night 2 2006
    12/9/06 Hawaii
    E.V. solo show in Santa Cruz
  • Options
    HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    there is no such thing as teenage problems.

You must be high right now.

SmackSound, obviously you feel quite hesitant about smoking. This is your inner monologue, trust it.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • Options
    I think this is a good link, the bottom of the page has the side effects.

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/common/addictions/drugs/485.html

by the time you are 20 and gas is $10/gallon, I'm sure you'll want to keep all your money for necessities and not for weed.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    iluvcats wrote:

by the time you are 20 and gas is $10/gallon, I'm sure you'll want to keep all your money for necessities and not for weed.

when our gas gets to be 10 bucks a gallon
    i hope to god i am high as a flippin kite
    i won't be buyin that gas
    screw them oil pricks
    and screw society saying what should or shouldn't be legal when
    it comes to weed and that kinda stuff

but then again i am a rebelious lil bastard
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:

That link is only good if you have never smoked and like to sensationalize the effects of marijuana. Quite a irresponsible page if you ask me.
    And could we please stop saying, "weed"!?? I feel like I'm back in high school.

*edit, seeing how the OP is actually in high school, I guess the term, weed, is fitting. Now I'm off to the library, Ma ;)
  • Options
    HushBull wrote:
    This is your inner monologue, trust it.

You cannot have an 'inner monologue'. By definition, a monologue is spoken out loud. ;)

SAY NO TO DRUGS! I said that out loud as I wrote it to add to the impact.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    You cannot have an 'inner monologue'. By definition, a monologue is spoken out loud. ;)

SAY NO TO DRUGS! I said that out loud as I wrote it to add to the impact.

He is speaking out loud to himself... ? Hehe ;) The world is made up of phrases, get used to it.
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867

Ok, for what it's worth, I will tell you my spin on this. I speak from actual experience, (I smoked pot for many many years) and parental views (I found a one hitter in my son'd wallet and had to think of a real non bullshit thing to say to reach him) so here goes..........

This is the thing. We are all different and can addicted to things differently. I got addicted to weed, although I had no idea I had ADHD at the time and was most likely self medicating myself. But still no matter what, it was damn hard to quit and I won't touch it till this day because I would like it too much.

As for "wrong" or "right", that doesn't pertain to it unless you look at it from what's legal and what's not which is so fucked up because I think more people fuck up fromn drinking than from smoking pot. Only one is external and one is internal. In that order as well.

But at your age, I will tell you what I told my son after much thought about this. It might be a better idea to get to where you are wanting to end up in your life, i.e,, career, college, etc. and then when you have done that, and are a bit more mature (no insult age is wisdom in terms of knowing oneself), then you can decide whether or not to party and in what ways. Because although I could clean like crazy when I was high, I could not focus to get school straight for me. That is the thing you have to think about. Forget others' views on it, be your own best friend, is it helping you or hurting you?

Only you know. I hope it helps. If you need to hear anything more, you can certainly PM me if I could help.

Life is ahead of you ....enjoy being 16 truly I know it can suck sometimes but one day you will look back and see that you can do only certain things now and later on life will change. Not worse only different.
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    HushBull wrote:
    That link is only good if you have never smoked and like to sensationalize the effects of marijuana. Quite a irresponsible page if you ask me.
    And could we please stop saying, "weed"!?? I feel like I'm back in high school.

*edit, seeing how the OP is actually in high school, I guess the term, weed, is fitting. Now I'm off to the library, Ma ;)

I never call it weed, I just called it that b/c he did! I always called it pot.

A few years ago, I went to a baby shower and there was a girl there (aged 38) that I knew in jr. high. She was so nervous talking to me. I asked our friend why and she said she still smokes pot (and she can't afford it either.) I wonder why it calms down some people and others are anxious.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    HushBull wrote:
    He is speaking out loud to himself... ? Hehe ;) The world is made up of phrases, get used to it.

I jest.. I jest.. :p
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    when our gas gets to be 10 bucks a gallon
    i hope to god i am high as a flippin kite
    i won't be buyin that gas
    screw them oil pricks
    and screw society saying what should or shouldn't be legal when
    it comes to weed and that kinda stuff

but then again i am a rebelious lil bastard

I'll be buying it, I live an hour from work!
    10/10 - Brad in B'more