Smart or handy

Comments

• TrixieCat wrote:
    Mine??? lol
    He tolerated it on Sunday but only because he was listening to my icky thump before that and the radio stinks.

well tolerating is still good!
    certainly don't need to have all the same likes/dislikes...how dull it would all be!

sure, it's cool to share stuff, especially things important to you...but even some of those things, i think it's healthy for a couple to not share it all. my husband turned me onto pj and does really like them...but my degree of 'pj love' far eclipses his, and no way would he want to go all over, wait in queues, and see them 5x in 2 weeks. so yea.... and believe me, plenty of stuff i like that he can't stand...and vice versa....but yes, we tolerate em and really...what more can you ask for than tolerance? so you ARE quite lucky too!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    well tolerating is still good!
    certainly don't need to have all the same likes/dislikes...how dull it would all be!

sure, it's cool to share stuff, especially things important to you...but even some of those things, i think it's healthy for a couple to not share it all. my husband turned me onto pj and does really like them...but my degree of 'pj love' far eclipses his, and no way would he want to go all over, wait in queues, and see them 5x in 2 weeks. so yea.... and believe me, plenty of stuff i like that he can't stand...and vice versa....but yes, we tolerate em and really...what more can you ask for than tolerance? so you ARE quite lucky too!
    That was the first time he tolerated them in about a year....and he made fun of Ed while listening...lol
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    That was the first time he tolerated them in about a year....and he made fun of Ed while listening...lol

when i say 'tolerate' i don't actually mean he has to participate...as in listen, hahaha. the fact that you went to lolla solo i think is a BIG and impressive thing! i have come to realize, husbands who allow their wives to do what they want...and follow their own interests, are rare. seriously..i never would've thought it *impressive*...but i have come to realize, it is! i lived in prague for 6 weeks almost 2 years ago...you'd have thought i divorced my husband given everyone else's reactions to it. even all the travel for pj i've done...lot of others seems to have issues with it, but not us...funny hw that is, eh? amazing really. thus why, i think tolerance for each others' interests and piccadillos is so important.

my husband IS a fan....but he'll still make fun...and go 'oh eddie i love you!'....etc, etc.....just to tease me. and man, he completely ranks on death cab and modest mouse, etc.....but i have my things i tease him about....so it's all good. as long as we allow each other to embrace what we enjoy...it's all as it should be. hell, teasing is a big part of marriage to me....and sometimes, can be fun. ;)

seriously...i think so much of it is all personal perspective. there were, and still are, many things that drive me nuts...and vice versa....believe me. however, i have come to realize them for what they are...and focus on the good stuff. it's amazing how much changing your perception changes so much else. focusing on all the positive stuff instead of the negative....really can give you a newfound appreciation for what you have. just my 2 cents.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I totally dig what you are saying.
    My intent wasn't for this to become a man bashing, who has the best husband here, trixie needs to get a clue thread. lol I always cherish your advice. And I always appreciate your taking the time to answer my silly threads. lol
    The lolla thing is something we can discuss at a bbq next summer. lol But I will say publicly that he got Roger Waters in Boston. ;)
    He just ain't handy is all i'm tryin to say. lol
    I have dreamed my whole life for the relationship you have with your husband. You are a good woman. :)

In case someone jumped the gun...i am replying to decides. :)
  • Smart.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• TrixieCat wrote:
    I totally dig what you are saying.
    My intent wasn't for this to become a man bashing, who has the best husband here, trixie needs to get a clue thread. lol I always cherish your advice. And I always appreciate your taking the time to answer my silly threads. lol
    The lolla thing is something we can discuss at a bbq next summer. lol But I will say publicly that he got Roger Waters in Boston.
    He just ain't handy is all i'm tryin to say. lol
    I have dreamed my whole life for the relationship you have with your husband. You are a good woman.

In case someone jumped the gun...i am replying to decides.

please...i didn't even think that!
    honestly...not to get personal, i just thought that lately your posts seem sad, rather resigned? of course, that is my own inference...but just a vibe i was getting. i know you didn't mean it as men-bashing...or comparisons...etc. i've read enough of your threads/posts to realize you'd not be like that. :) if i thought that's what it was all about, well, i'd not bother to respond...b/c that kinda shite bores me to tears.

in regards to my marriage, etc...well let's just say...i'm not that good a woman, but yea....when 2 people really want it, and realize what they have.....you just decide2do ;)...and make it happen/work...and sure, choose to be happy, one day at a time...

so i hope your smart hubby.....who i guess will then just pay for a handyman :).....makes you happy and you him!

btw i certainly wasn't giving you shit for lolla! :D on the contrary...i've been all over the world, mostly solo...for pj and just for travel. i'm just saying, it's all good....husbands/wives SHOULD persue their own seperate/different interests...so kudos!

and, i'll just shut up now......:o
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849

and, i'll just shut up now......:o

we can only dream ms big post ;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
    I think I may have said it before but, I love your posts and you.
    You keep it real like brain of j lo.
    Smart women.
    I can't go into it any further in a public forum.
    But you are correct.
    :)
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    smart, don't care about him being handy
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    HA! Ironically enough, my wife tried last night to put together a bookshelf for kid #1, and it's sitting in the middle of my garage looking like a lemonade stand!!! I took one look at that thing and realized I didn't have enough beer in the house to try and reconfigure it.

LMAO!! :D Did you not know I'm psychic? ;) And I got eyes in the back of my head too! :D

Don't you just love when someone starts the project, mucks it up and then leaves you to put the pieces back together? :rolleyes:
    Think that's what beer was invented for! ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    I think I may have said it before but, I love your posts and you.
    You keep it real like brain of j lo.
    Smart women.
    I can't go into it any further in a public forum.
    But you are correct.

nice usage of keeping it real..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Jeanie wrote:
    LMAO!! :D Did you not know I'm psychic? ;) And I got eyes in the back of my head too! :D

Don't you just love when someone starts the project, mucks it up and then leaves you to put the pieces back together? :rolleyes:

It's still sitting there...going on one week now...it's cluttering up my garage!
    I love to turn you on
    Jeanie wrote:

No, apparently that is what I was invented for....
    arghhhhh..

thanks X!
    It's still sitting there...going on one week now...it's cluttering up my garage!

Best you pull your finger out then! :p It's not going to fix itself! ;)

Just buy yourself a slab and get down to it on the weekend. Shouldn't take you long! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    TrixieCat wrote:
    No, apparently that is what I was invented for....
    arghhhhh..

thanks X!

:) Well that's a good thing isn't it trix? that you can fix stuff yourself?

I reckon girls do it better anyway! ;):D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    bostonlou wrote:
    i love the directions that are barely in english and have pictures for some other project!

Have you shopped at pottery barn recently?

:mad:
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
    Jeanie wrote:
    :) Well that's a good thing isn't it trix? that you can fix stuff yourself?

I reckon girls do it better anyway! ;):D
    I know no one will believe me, or care for that matter...lol
    But, I just opened the medicine cabinet to get something and the entire top shelf fell, a bottle broke, cut my finger...I had just asked him to fix that shelf last night...I guess he did. lol
    Time to break out trixie's pink toolbox.
    TrixieCat wrote:
    But, I just opened the medicine cabinet to get something and the entire top shelf fell, a bottle broke, cut my finger...I had just asked him to fix that shelf last night...I guess he did. lol

hehe! You want something done you gotta do it yourself Trix! ;)
    Hope your finger's not too sore. :(

I LOVE MY TOOLBOX!! Got it for Xmas last year! It's got castors and a retractable handle on it like a suitcase so I can just wheel it wherever I want! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    TrixieCat wrote:

i hope it wasnt the "important" finger(s) ;)
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    TrixieCat wrote:
    LMFAO
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

LMFAO
    Glad I could amuse you.
    I hope Steve sees this:
    You know how I love the Christmas Tree Shoppe, yes?
    Imagine having a non handy person around that feels they can put it together those ill fitting things better than me? lol
    Did your wife get one of those cute little wagons to put flowers in? ;)
    I love mine.
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Glad I could amuse you.
    mine.
    im a pretty easy person to amuse, what made me laugh was your pink toolbox :). and oddly enough i bet ya do have a pink toolbox

im a pretty easy person to amuse, what made me laugh was your pink toolbox :). and oddly enough i bet ya do have a pink toolbox
    Not so odd.
    What is cool is Jeanie's big rolling toolbox!
    But that is my real toolbox...my work makeup box. The picture on my space that everyone comments on. lol
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    Glad I could amuse you.
    I hope Steve sees this:
    You know how I love the Christmas Tree Shoppe, yes?
    Imagine having a non handy person around that feels they can put it together those ill fitting things better than me? lol
    Did your wife get one of those cute little wagons to put flowers in? ;)
    I love mine.

Oh you mean those ill fitting things that cost about $3 and are made by little children in sweatshops in Cambodia? That Christmas Tree Shop?

She doesn't have one of those wagons...wheelbarrow. shovel. flowers in the ground. oh and whiskey barrels. i should probably look into it, as it would save me a lot of grief. and especially now that we're coming up on getting mums in the ground. jaysus i sound like an ass. thanks tracey!
    I love to turn you on
    Oh you mean those ill fitting things that cost about $3 and are made by little children in sweatshops in Cambodia? That Christmas Tree Shop?

She doesn't have one of those wagons...wheelbarrow. shovel. flowers in the ground. oh and whiskey barrels. i should probably look into it, as it would save me a lot of grief. and especially now that we're coming up on getting mums in the ground. jaysus i sound like an ass. thanks tracey!
    It is super cute.
    Patrick would love it too. :)
    Just make sure you have the drill and the sledgehammer ready to fit the bolts into the holes...lol
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    Just make sure you have the drill and the sledgehammer ready to fit the bolts into the holes...lol

coming from you, that sounds a lot sexier than it should!!! ;)
    I love to turn you on
  • BlancheBlanche Posts: 247
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Ladies...do you have a preference???
    Let's say you really dig this guy...he is cute, hot, whatever.
    But he isn't the smartest guy...
    But, he is really good at fixing things.
    Would that be good enough for you?
    No. I'd like to be able to hold a decent conversation with the gentleman.

And he should know how to cook.

Barbecue and fried spaghetti don't count.
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Not so odd.
    What is cool is Jeanie's big rolling toolbox!
    But that is my real toolbox...my work makeup box. The picture on my space that everyone comments on. lol
    yeah i notice jeanie's is big, she doesnt fuck around.say ummmmm t got any other toolboxes ya know for the bedroom ;);)

coming from you, that sounds a lot sexier than it should!!! ;)
    I do still have to return that cd for you....
    I could put it together with my tools.
  • i like painting and putting things together but not building houses and fixing things that are broken
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011