Smart or handy

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Without sounding completely sexist...Do any guys? In my own personal experience, I don't know a single man who does read directions. But, like I said...that's been my experience...probably not true of the general public.
    i never read directions, if i get lost i get lost.oh just for the record i have never gotten lost
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• sennin wrote:
    Sexist!

:p

Nuh uh!!! I LOVE men! :)
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Without sounding completely sexist...Do any guys? In my own personal experience, I don't know a single man who does read directions. But, like I said...that's been my experience...probably not true of the general public.

trick is....do the projects together. thus, you read the directions if/when necessary....and you share the work, see how it's done, done the way you want, it gets done faster, some bonding time together....and yea, simply, he appreciates it. i cannot tell you the countles projects my husband and i have done together. from wainscotting in the bathroom, laying a parquet wood floor in the kitchen and dining room, building me a darkroom in the basement, painting, etc, etc. hubby does all the 'big stuff' such as electrical and plumbing...but sure, even when installing the new sink and toilet, i was there.....helping....and reading the step-by-step instructions in the home depot 1-2-3 book. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• trick is....do the projects together. thus, you read the directions if/when necessary....and you share the work, see how it's done, done the way you want, it gets done faster, some bonding time together....and yea, simply, he appreciates it. i cannot tell you the countles projects my husband and i have done together. from wainscotting in the bathroom, laying a parquet wood floor in the kitchen and dining room, building me a darkroom in the basement, painting, etc, etc. hubby does all the 'big stuff' such as electrical and plumbing...but sure, even when installing the new sink and toilet, i was there.....helping....and reading the step-by-step instructions in the home depot 1-2-3 book. :p

If I had someone to share projects with, I would. For now, they fall on my dad...or roommate.

• If I had someone to share projects with, I would. For now, they fall on my dad...or roommate.

and why can't you share projects...help out....read directions...with them? it doesn't have to be a significant other, just whomever is working on a project, especially if they are doing something for you, helping you out. :)

hell, i've done a ton of projects with my mom - who btw is VERY handy, which my dad was not.....both very intelligent though - and i've done soooo much with my sister in her house b/c at the time she was single and didn't know how to do a damn thing, hahaha. so she and i painted, wallpapered 2 rooms, hung pictures, shelves, shades, window valances, etc.....my husband installed a few light fixtures for her, cabinetry in the bath, etc. it doesn't have to be with 'your guy'....just whoever you're with, or whoever is helping you.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    and why can't you share projects...help out....read directions...with them? it doesn't have to be a significant other, just whomever is working on a project, especially if they are doing something for you, helping you out. :)

hell, i've done a ton of projects with my mom - who btw is VERY handy, which my dad was not.....both very intelligent though - and i've done soooo much with my sister in her house b/c at the time she was single and didn't know how to do a damn thing, hahaha. so she and i painted, wallpapered 2 rooms, hung pictures, shelves, shades, window valances, etc.....my husband installed a few light fixtures for her, cabinetry in the bath, etc. it doesn't have to be with 'your guy'....just whoever you're with, or whoever is helping you.
    Because
    He
    Won't
    Let
    Me.

lol
    I always say...but the directions say....
    Falls upon deaf ears.

And Meredith....you sexist piglet.....
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • and why can't you share projects...help out....read directions...with them? it doesn't have to be a significant other, just whomever is working on a project, especially if they are doing something for you, helping you out. :)

LOL. You've never met my dad apparently. When I suggest looking at instructions he simply grunts at me and continues what he was doing.

LOL. You've never met my dad apparently. When I suggest looking at instructions he simply grunts at me and continues what he was doing.
    My dad can fix anything.
    I love him.
    And he is smart.
    Wicked smart.
  • TrixieCat wrote:

And Meredith....you sexist piglet.....

Oink baby, oink.

• TrixieCat wrote:
    My dad can fix anything.
    I love him.
    And he is smart.
    Wicked smart.

My dad can fix anything, too (hell, he rewired an outlet for the a/c unit)...just isn't the friendliest guy around.

My dad can fix anything, too (hell, he rewired an outlet for the a/c unit)...just isn't the friendliest guy around.
    Yes, but he thinks I am hot.
    He is cool in my book.

;)
    You can borrow my dad..he is the best.
    I still go to him before anyone else.
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    Yes, but he thinks I am hot.
    He is cool in my book.

;)
    You can borrow my dad..he is the best.
    I still go to him before anyone else.

ICK...that's right! <shudders>

Why did you have to remind me of that? I need therapy now, thanks.

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    I am dumber than a rock and not very skilled in the handy department.
    I am so fucked.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    i read directions

that's how i found the little man in the boat!

*hey how you doin* ;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
    bostonlou wrote:
    i read directions

that's how i found the little man in the boat!

*hey how you doin* ;)
    ?
    lol
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Without sounding completely sexist...Do any guys? In my own personal experience, I don't know a single man who does read directions. But, like I said...that's been my experience...probably not true of the general public.

i read directions very carefully. i love it. it's like a puzzle, or building one of those lego castles when i was a kid.

that said, following through is not my strong suit... it's been weeks since i promised my girlfriend i'd put these handles on our kitchen cabinets and i still haven't bought the damn drill :)
  • i read directions very carefully. i love it. it's like a puzzle, or building one of those lego castles when i was a kid.

that said, following through is not my strong suit... it's been weeks since i promised my girlfriend i'd put these handles on our kitchen cabinets and i still haven't bought the damn drill :)

See, that's how I am...it's like a puzzle!

And, go buy the drill silly!! :D

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    u chicks want everything
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    u chicks want everything

I had to edit myself so as to not get locked.

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533

I had to edit myself so as to not get locked.

u guys do

listen girls just cook and clean and we'll handle the rest
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Ladies...do you have a preference???
    Let's say you really dig this guy...he is cute, hot, whatever.
    But he isn't the smartest guy...
    But, he is really good at fixing things.
    Would that be good enough for you?

I will say that my husband is so NOT handy. lol

Figure if he's smart Trix he can learn to be handy! :D

I'd prefer smart, coz guys are dumb enough anyway! ;):p

I can always call a tradesman for handy.................... and a good perv! :p
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • NY PJ1 wrote:
    u guys do

Your gf is one lucky gal. :rolleyes: :p

Jeanie wrote:
    Figure if he's smart Trix he can learn to be handy! :D

I'd prefer smart, coz guys are dumb enough anyway! ;):p

I can always call a tradesman for handy.................... and a good perv! :p
    You would think.
    If he is stubborn, then no.
    :)
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091

Yeah, my dad's a TV repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools...
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Lizard wrote:

My dad was an engineer at our ABC affiliate...he's Mr. Electronics. They should hang out some time.

• HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    u guys do

And I guess it goes without saying provide sexual gratification as required ;)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Lizard wrote:

you can't fix this spicoli!
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    cutback wrote:
    you can't fix this spicoli!

:D:D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    TrixieCat wrote:
    You would think.
    If he is stubborn, then no.
    :)

Well I confess I do enjoy a challenge, so I don't mind so much about stubborn. I can pretty much match and surpass any guy on stubborn anyway! ;):D Although I like to think of myself as tenacious! :p
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    i love the directions that are barely in english and have pictures for some other project!
    Don't Believe Everything You Think