New York Giants 08-09 Official Thread!!!

Comments

• LongRd. wrote:
    Hopefully, the Shockey deal backfires!

if it backfires, it will be because he turns the saints into a contender. i was hoping they'd find an AFC team to take him. sean payton knows how to use shockey as a weapon in the passing game and his blocking ability might actually help reggie bush realize some of his potential (finally).
    LongRd. wrote:
    the helmet catch guy was a rookie too(I don't even know his name).

david tyree is a five-year veteran and was an all-pro selection in '05 (as a special teams player).
  • Go Giants
  • touringfantouringfan Posts: 568
    Anyone interested in Giants tickets for the following games PM me. Tickets are face value and include pre paid vip stadium parking. I have seats in the 4'th row of upper deck and 11'th row of lower tier.

8/18 vs Cleveland Browns
    8 / 28 vs. Patriots
    12/21 vs. Carolina Panthers
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    Go Giants
    What he said :).
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Anyone else counting down the days until opening night?
    I can't F'n wait.

1st team looked pretty good Monday. Loved the defensive energy, they were smacking people. Can't wait til Phillips is the starter too!

Btw,.....it was in the NY papers that Tynes possibly could be done for the year with a knee problem. They mentioned bringing back Jay Feely but said he as a major problem in the locker rooom. What problems coudl a kicker have caused in the locker room????
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • saveuplifesaveuplife Posts: 1,173
    GIANTS SUK. They will be lucky to win 8 games.
  • jked3jked3 Posts: 171
    I am so psyched for this season...It's going to be another tough go in the division but I think the boys are ready...I have a $30M job that bids 9/4 at 2 pm after which time I will start drinking straight through till Friday (taking that day off!)

Let's go Giants!
    Columbia 96/98;Randall's Island 96;Tibetan Freedom 97;Late Show 98;Camden 98/00/03/06/08;E Rutherford 98/06;MSG 98/03/08;VF Choice (DC) 98;Uniondale 03;State College 03;Holmdel 03;VF Change (Reading) 04;AC 05;Philly 05; Lolla 07.....[EV Newark 08]
  • saveuplife wrote:
    The Eagles did very in their last super bowl. They did just as well last year.
    We'll see the same this year.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

saveuplife wrote:
    Hahaha I love all the Giants haters. Have fun watching McNabb suck it up again this year.
    severed hand thirteen
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    I just got back from the NFL Network kickoff in Staten Island at the SI Yankees stadium...had a BLAST!
    Met OJ Anderson, Bart Oates and the class act known as Carl Banks. Got their sigs, some free giveaway stuff, free popcorn, soda and cotton candy ( I ate so much of it I felt almsot sick! lmao) and to finish it off they played the Americas Game Giants verison...yo Strahan, ELi and Coach Coughlin commentaries are HILAARRROOUSS! esp when Stray rips on Elis demeanor and facial expressions (like aw shucks) hahahah and then they replayed the superbowl game and fireworks in the end. AWESOME time.
    Best part and reaction was Tom Bradys "Plax said were only gonna score 17 points?? HAHAH ok!"
    He got the big ol middle finger from me to the screen and a nice HAHAHAHAH from the whole crowd! It was great to relive it and I'll be at Columbus circle Sept 4th as well for the kickoff night!
    LETS GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • stickboy wrote:
    I just got back from the NFL Network kickoff in Staten Island at the SI Yankees stadium...had a BLAST!
    Met OJ Anderson, Bart Oates and the class act known as Carl Banks. Got their sigs, some free giveaway stuff, free popcorn, soda and cotton candy ( I ate so much of it I felt almsot sick! lmao) and to finish it off they played the Americas Game Giants verison...yo Strahan, ELi and Coach Coughlin commentaries are HILAARRROOUSS! esp when Stray rips on Elis demeanor and facial expressions (like aw shucks) hahahah and then they replayed the superbowl game and fireworks in the end. AWESOME time.
    Best part and reaction was Tom Bradys "Plax said were only gonna score 17 points?? HAHAH ok!"
    He got the big ol middle finger from me to the screen and a nice HAHAHAHAH from the whole crowd! It was great to relive it and I'll be at Columbus circle Sept 4th as well for the kickoff night!
    LETS GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D

Yeah, yeah, yall are going to have to relive that one for a long time. No repeat, no return in a few years. A flash in the Pan is all the NYG were, and better teams will now sqeeze yall out.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
    Yeah, yeah, yall are going to have to relive that one for a long time. No repeat, no return in a few years. A flash in the Pan is all the NYG were, and better teams will now sqeeze yall out.
    you still mad about not getting those 19 and 0 tee shirts and dvd's?

or maybe your a Cowboys fan and are mad cause Jerry Jones put Championship tix in every players locker b4 they even played us...HA! wonder what those are worth
  • stickboy wrote:
    you still mad about not getting those 19 and 0 tee shirts and dvd's?

or maybe your a Cowboys fan and are mad cause Jerry Jones put Championship tix in every players locker b4 they even played us...HA! wonder what those are worth

I'll give ya a hint. We're gonna beat yall twice again this year, and I'd bet yall won't even make it to a third meeting.
    I'll give ya a hint. We're gonna beat yall twice again this year, and I'd bet yall won't even make it to a third meeting.
    I'll give YOU a hint

your boy Tony Homos a FLUKE! ;)

it was funny...you guys barely beat us those games and the whole cowboy nation swore they were better than us :rolleyes:
    please
  • stickboy wrote:
    I'll give YOU a hint

your boy Tony Homos a FLUKE! ;)

it was funny...you guys barely beat us those games and the whole cowboy nation swore they were better than us :rolleyes:
    please

The whole football nation knows we are better than you, last year and this year.
    The whole football nation knows we are better than you, last year and this year.
    know nothing
    I know that we are the Super Bowl Champs, we got the rings and we're the team to beat this yr and until we lose that title I know nothing else other than that

I LOVE the Haterade :D

talk to me after your fakeass QB can win at least ONE playoff game..till then. Ya'll SUCK. I know that
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    Osi twisted his left knee. This looks bad.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Did Osi get hurt?
    I don't think that's serious. If it is we're fucked.
    severed hand thirteen
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

I saw just the one replay cuz I was watching the Yankee game. But it didn't look good. X-rays were negative. But he will have an MRI.
    I miss igotid88
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    yea they said it afterwards. He had a brace on and it wasnt too serious...that his knee just locked up a bit, thats it. And if anything I'll take him being out now rather than late in the season.
  • torn MCL... out for the year.
    torn MCL... out for the year.
    noooooooo fucking WAY! :mad:
    torn MCL... out for the year.
    So much for me saying it didn't look serious. This hurts us badly.

PLEASE COME BACK STRAHAN!!!!!
    severed hand thirteen
  • in a fucking meaningless peseason game.....Read in the paper today that it happened cause his cleat got stuck in the artificial turf.
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    So much for me saying it didn't look serious. This hurts us badly.

PLEASE COME BACK STRAHAN!!!!!
    well Justin Tuck's gonna have to be even more beast now as well as the rest of our D...even w/o Osi we still have a sick D-line so lets hope they hold it down and maybe Osi can rehab quick in time for playoffs
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    stickboy wrote:
    well Justin Tuck's gonna have to be even more beast now as well as the rest of our D...even w/o Osi we still have a sick D-line so lets hope they hold it down and maybe Osi can rehab quick in time for playoffs

I'll give you credit for hoping but let's be serious with a torn MCL he's not going to play 08'-09'

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    I'll give you credit for hoping but let's be serious with a torn MCL he's not going to play 08'-09'

Peace
    :(
    now i see why strahan was so against pre season

this sux
  • i know it was a freak thing....but damn osi gets hurt a lot. last year he was sick and started every game but every other year hes been out. very injury prone and brittle i suppose. todays paper was saying how he was like this in college too even had the same knee injury on the same knee.

two options......try to bring back strahan. Or move kiwanuka back to DE. problem there is our LB's are verryyy weak. Trade???
    Damn Osi!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• i know it was a freak thing....but damn osi gets hurt a lot. last year he was sick and started every game but every other year hes been out. very injury prone and brittle i suppose. todays paper was saying how he was like this in college too even had the same knee injury on the same knee.

two options......try to bring back strahan. Or move kiwanuka back to DE. problem there is our LB's are verryyy weak. Trade???
    Damn Osi!!!!!!!!!!!!

They already moved Kiwanuka to DE and my guess is they'll hope for the best with their other LBs. Strahan would be nice, and they could afford him, especially after making their final cuts this week. Best case is he could be back for week 5, after their bye week so if they do sign him and got even 1-2 through week 5 they'll be sitting pretty.
  • they already moved kiwanuka back to DE??
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5