Options

New York Giants 08-09 Official Thread!!!

Comments

• Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,025
    what are we so mad about with Plax? he took a gun out for protection and it went off and hit him in the leg. his teammate was held at gunpoint in a gated community just a week ago. obviously things went wrong, but if you look at the recent past (Darrent Williams, Shaun Taylor, Steve Smith) where two of the attacks happened at home and one out what would you do? For these players it seems as if they are safe nowhere, but the rich guys like bloomberg, goodell, and the nfl owners have us convinced that it's the players who are assholes.

don't get me wrong, if plax beat his wife or whatever that's not cool, but jeez if your friends are getting shot or threatened at home what would you do?
  • Options
    my problem is this...
    if you are going somewhere on a friday night (2 nights before a big divisional away game!!!!!!) and you need to bring a gun. Something is wrong!!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Plaaaaaaaxico....oh plaaaaaaaaaxico....come here and take your meds :D

Idiot
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Warner.

Would you like more?
    Brees
    Romo
    and probably Cutler.

Being a Giants fan doesn't make you have to think Eli is the MVP.
    i disagree. warner, brees, romo, and cutler arent taking their teams anywhere. thats a fact jack. romo chokes when the pressure is on (see field goal hold), warner chokes under pressure as well (see giant game), brees is good, but the saints are 6-6 (sub in any other QB and the record is probably the same, unless you plug in eli then they may be 9-3), and Cutler? cutler? ha ha ha?

whatever. i love it when people hate eli. hes the shit, and giant fans know it. and, i really dont give a rats ass if he wins MVP or not. he wins superbowls, and thats what we as fans want. i am sure the packer fans would swap out any of favres mvp awards for another superbowl.

we have a winner at QB in NY. gotta love it.

and, as far as plax goes...throw the book at him. i could have been sitting behind him and got shot in the face. what happened is not cool at all. he fucked up big time. he is lucky he shot his leg and not the bartender, or the guy in the seat behind him, or pierce, or the lady serving the drinks, etc...

got hixon anyone? :)

and yes, tuck is great and the running backs are great, but they are not MVP. there are better D linemen than tuck in the league and there are better running backs. there is not a better QB in the league.

and, as far as the talk of tanking against carolina and philly.....WE PLAY TO WIN THE GAMES! integrity. we are not afraid of dallas, or anyone else.

lastly, to the big ben lovers....the guy is tough. real tough. he is playing with a seperated shoulder just like ELI did all last season. giant fans respect that and your defense. that said, get rid of the fucking ball man. read a D and make a decision. wtf?
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    my problem is this...
    if you are going somewhere on a friday night (2 nights before a big divisional away game!!!!!!) and you need to bring a gun. Something is wrong!!
    my point is that he needed a gun in or out
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    ryan198 wrote:

GO BIRDS!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ryan198 wrote:
    have a permit at least man. and, Steve Smith is probably lucky he didnt have a gun. wtf is he gonna do, have a shootout with the guy on his front lawn?

if you want a gun in your house to protect your family and your stuff, thats fine. but to bring a gun to a club? come on. hire a team of body guards and have them carry the guns.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    i disagree. warner, brees, romo, and cutler arent taking their teams anywhere. thats a fact jack. romo chokes when the pressure is on (see field goal hold), warner chokes under pressure as well (see giant game), brees is good, but the saints are 6-6 (sub in any other QB and the record is probably the same, unless you plug in eli then they may be 9-3), and Cutler? cutler? ha ha ha?

whatever. i love it when people hate eli. hes the shit, and giant fans know it.

To the first part of the quote: You do realize you asked me to name better players who are on worse teams than Eli, right? So I mentioned those players, and you come back with a "those teams are going nowhere" response. That was my point! I said that players on good or not so great teams can't be discounted.

Brees' teams is going to the playoffs, thats for sure. But there is no doubt in my mind that he's a better QB than Eli. Have you ever watched him play?

And the other 3, well their teams are going anywhere right? Too bad all 3 will make the playoffs. That is the point of the regular season. You definitely haven't watched Cutler enough if you think that guy is a joke- he has the best arm in the league and continues to make better decisions every year.

To the comment about eli haters and giant fans. Umm, have you seen the comments I've been making about Eli- how he is a great player and a great fit for the teams but that he is definitely not the MVP. There's nothing wrong in saying that, Giant's fans don't need to have this blind faith and think their QB is the best in the league. But what do I know, Giant's fans know that he's the shit... oh wait I started to this thread so obviously I'm a Giants fan.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    have a permit at least man. and, Steve Smith is probably lucky he didnt have a gun. wtf is he gonna do, have a shootout with the guy on his front lawn?

if you want a gun in your house to protect your family and your stuff, thats fine. but to bring a gun to a club? come on. hire a team of body guards and have them carry the guns.
    Well...how about this...how would you have felt if Sean Taylor shot up the four people that were behind his death with his wife and daughter in the room? Or if Darrent Williams had killed the people coming after him? They didn't and now they are dead. I'm not saying that Plax was doing the 'right' thing by having a gun, but it's more complex than the idea that "he's a common street thug".

As I mentioned before our Vice President accidentally shot someone in the back while hunting, we laughed at it on late night television. Did we ever look to take his job/livelihood away? Did we ever make him give back the signing bonus from Halliburton? ;) Fuck No. Plax hurt himself, if the team wants to get rid of him fine, but three years in the pen for that...please. We have far more pressing issues than to jail someone for that long over shooting himself.
  • Options
    ryan198 wrote:
    Well...how about this...how would you have felt if Sean Taylor shot up the four people that were behind his death with his wife and daughter in the room? Or if Darrent Williams had killed the people coming after him? They didn't and now they are dead. I'm not saying that Plax was doing the 'right' thing by having a gun, but it's more complex than the idea that "he's a common street thug".

As I mentioned before our Vice President accidentally shot someone in the back while hunting, we laughed at it on late night television. Did we ever look to take his job/livelihood away? Did we ever make him give back the signing bonus from Halliburton? ;) Fuck No. Plax hurt himself, if the team wants to get rid of him fine, but three years in the pen for that...please. We have far more pressing issues than to jail someone for that long over shooting himself.

OK Sean Taylor was in his house. The VP was on a hunting trip. Plax was in a nightclub in NYC at 1 AM, where it is illegal to carry weapons and unless you are retarded EVERYONE knows it (remember the P-Diddy incident a few years back). If he was feeling in jeopardy, get a bodyguard who should have a permit or DO NOT GO TO NIGHTCLUBS in NYC. No one is holding a gun at your head making you go out!!

Anyone else caught with an illegal firearm in NY goes to jail. If this is not true, show the case.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    I hope he doesn't get jail time. Our VP shot someone in the face and nothing came of this
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    OK Sean Taylor was in his house. The VP was on a hunting trip. Plax was in a nightclub in NYC at 1 AM, where it is illegal to carry weapons and unless you are retarded EVERYONE knows it (remember the P-Diddy incident a few years back). If he was feeling in jeopardy, get a bodyguard who should have a permit or DO NOT GO TO NIGHTCLUBS in NYC. No one is holding a gun at your head making you go out!!

Anyone else caught with an illegal firearm in NY goes to jail. If this is not true, show the case.
    I didn't say he shouldn't go to jail, or at least have some legal repurcussions BUT we did laugh off Dick Cheyney shooting someone. I don't care if it's a nightclub, hunting trip, or his own house Plax shot himself, not someone else. 3 1/2 years in jail for that is silly. Bloomberg begging for it is moronic...he didn't do something that is worthy of that much loss of freedom. I just don't see it.

P.Diddy also had that gun, but was able to get away with it. That is one case.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    I hope he doesn't get jail time. Our VP shot someone in the face and nothing came of this

he's the vp. he can do whatever the fuck he wants.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    he's the vp. he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

UM no
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    ryan198 wrote:

i didnt say he is a common street thug. he wasnt that smart. i said he is dumb for having a gun in NYC wihtout a permit in a dangerous club at 2 in the morning. just dumb.

cheeney shot his friend in the face by accident, leagally hunting animals in the daylight during hunting season. had he shot his friend in the face at night while shooting at ducks while drunk during non hunting season, thats a different story.

like i said, he is lucky it was his leg and not the guy next to hims face.

ryan198....are you..are you Plaxico? or his brother maybe?
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    To the first part of the quote: You do realize you asked me to name better players who are on worse teams than Eli, right? So I mentioned those players, and you come back with a "those teams are going nowhere" response. That was my point! I said that players on good or not so great teams can't be discounted.

Brees' teams is going to the playoffs, thats for sure. But there is no doubt in my mind that he's a better QB than Eli. Have you ever watched him play?

And the other 3, well their teams are going anywhere right? Too bad all 3 will make the playoffs. That is the point of the regular season. You definitely haven't watched Cutler enough if you think that guy is a joke- he has the best arm in the league and continues to make better decisions every year.

To the comment about eli haters and giant fans. Umm, have you seen the comments I've been making about Eli- how he is a great player and a great fit for the teams but that he is definitely not the MVP. There's nothing wrong in saying that, Giant's fans don't need to have this blind faith and think their QB is the best in the league. But what do I know, Giant's fans know that he's the shit... oh wait I started to this thread so obviously I'm a Giants fan.
    if its the best player award, it wouldnt go to eli. if its the most valuable player award, eli gets it (if Peterson or Turner do not).

dude, stop speaking unbelievealbe jibberish by saying the saints, who are 6-6, in fourth place, and every other team in their division has at least 8 wins, will make the playoffs. you high or not good at math or believe in miracles? the falcons would need to go 2-2, the saints 3-1, and thats just to finish 3rd in the division. not gonna happen. yes, I have seen brees play. he is very good. he may be the best QB in football right now. he is not the mvp.

im off to blow eli. take care fellas. :)

fuck cutler. win something already ya little bitch. culpepper has a rocket launcher for an arm as well. what has that gotten him?
  • Options
    dude, stop speaking unbelievealbe jibberish by saying the saints, who are 6-6, in fourth place, and every other team in their division has at least 8 wins, will make the playoffs. you high or not good at math or believe in miracles?

TYPO ALERT!!!!

It was supposed to say Brees ISN'T going to the playoffs. Thats why I separated him from the other three- who I think are going to the playoffs (You never know with Dallas).

So my math isn't wrong, I just don't know how to spellcheck.
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    fuck cutler. win something already ya little bitch. culpepper has a rocket launcher for an arm as well. what has that gotten him?

It took Eli a while to work out the kinks too.

Let me ask you this: when sports analysts discusse who will be this year's MVP, is Eli ever mentioned? No...never. Because he shouldn't even be considered for it. Look at his numbers- when has an MVP ever had numbers like that... never.

I guess we'll just continue to disagree on this. By your standards, lets just give the MVP award to a good player on a great team every year. By my standards the best player should get the award.
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    i didnt say he is a common street thug. he wasnt that smart. i said he is dumb for having a gun in NYC wihtout a permit in a dangerous club at 2 in the morning. just dumb.

cheeney shot his friend in the face by accident, leagally hunting animals in the daylight during hunting season. had he shot his friend in the face at night while shooting at ducks while drunk during non hunting season, thats a different story.

like i said, he is lucky it was his leg and not the guy next to hims face.

ryan198....are you..are you Plaxico? or his brother maybe?

if its the best player award, it wouldnt go to eli. if its the most valuable player award, eli gets it (if Peterson or Turner do not).

dude, stop speaking unbelievealbe jibberish by saying the saints, who are 6-6, in fourth place, and every other team in their division has at least 8 wins, will make the playoffs. you high or not good at math or believe in miracles? the falcons would need to go 2-2, the saints 3-1, and thats just to finish 3rd in the division. not gonna happen. yes, I have seen brees play. he is very good. he may be the best QB in football right now. he is not the mvp.

im off to blow eli. take care fellas. :)

haha...i like that blowing eli. nah, I'm not plax's brother or him at all, but rather just think that something is amiss in this story. I also didn't mean to say that you called him a "common thug" it's just something I've heard a bunch when it comes to reporting about him. He did something stupid, but 3 1/2 years for shooting yourself is stupid...it just is.

either way you can love eli, and i promised not to bug you all about him anymore, but one magical drive in the Super Bowl where christmas miracles happened on many plays does not make an individual a good QB. I did also argue this against Brady for several years (he did only take his team to winning 47 yard FG's in two SBs - so at least the GMen scored a TD). Remember, until the Giants waltz to an easy Super Bowl championship this year, he is still in the same class as Jim Plunkett, Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams, and Peyton Manning. IF he gets out of that class, then I will admit my being wrong, and suggest that he is a top QB worthy of an MVP.
  • Options
    yes, I have seen brees play. he is very good. he may be the best QB in football right now. he is not the mvp.

So he may be the best QB in football, hence maybe better than Eli, but Eli is the MVP, hands down. Where's the logic?

The MVP Award always goes to the best player, it should be called "The Best Player Award".
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    ryan198 wrote:
    IF he gets out of that class, then I will admit my being wrong, and suggest that he is a top QB worthy of an MVP.

But MVP's have nothing to do with the postseason. So even though I love Eli and would love Eli to lead the Giants to another Super Bowl, I still don't think there's any chance he can get the MVP award.

Eli is not in the top 5 for any of the major QB categories including : completions, completion percentage, TDs, QB rating, or yards. His numbers are all respectable, but not at the top.
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    But MVP's have nothing to do with the postseason. So even though I love Eli and would love Eli to lead the Giants to another Super Bowl, I still don't think there's any chance he can get the MVP award.

Eli is not in the top 5 for any of the major QB categories including : completions, completion percentage, TDs, QB rating, or yards. His numbers are all respectable, but not at the top.
    I know this and you know this, but I just wanted to get out of the argument...I'm clearly just an Eli basher who knows nothing about football so no matter what evidence I presented - namely the fact that Tony Romo has been better at every turn except for record (7-2 isn't bad) - hasn't resonated. Even Eli's lauded comeback ability (69 Rating when the GMen have been behind this year) is beyond criticism...btw Romo is like 114 or something when the Cowboys are behind. And NO Romo is not an MVP, but he is a better candidate for it. No biggie I'll agree to disagree with them and agree to agree with you.
  • Options
    Eli Manning named NFC player of the month for November; as he led the Giants to a 5-0 record in the month, threw 10 Td's, and the Giants outscored opponents 161 to 91 in the 5 games. All 5 victories were against above .500 teams considered to be playoff contenders and division leaders.

But Eli sucks right???
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    So he may be the best QB in football, hence maybe better than Eli, but Eli is the MVP, hands down. Where's the logic?

The MVP Award always goes to the best player, it should be called "The Best Player Award".

its not the best player award, its the most valuable. eli is more valuable to his team than say brees is to his team this year. change the name to the Best Player Award if you want to give it to the best player, and give it to Peterson who may be both. I dont look at it that way. Same way in baseball. A-Rod should never have won it with Texas. His greatness on that team didnt mean shit. they sucked with him, they suck without him. giants without Eli, different story...they would not be 11-1 with David Carr. Therefore, he is the most valuable player TO HIS TEAM. not to the fucking NFL.

eli manning is not trent dilfer. those are fighting words. ill meet you in the virtual street, gigabyte lane, 5:00 pm. be there. no knumbchucks.
  • Options
    its not the best player award, its the most valuable. eli is more valuable to his team than say brees is to his team this year. change the name to the Best Player Award if you want to give it to the best player, and give it to Peterson who may be both. I dont look at it that way. Same way in baseball. A-Rod should never have won it with Texas. His greatness on that team didnt mean shit. they sucked with him, they suck without him. giants without Eli, different story...they would not be 11-1 with David Carr. Therefore, he is the most valuable player TO HIS TEAM. not to the fucking NFL.

You should have said "I don't look at it that way" a long time ago. I thought we were debating the way it actually works.

EDIT: And I'll still disagree and say Brees is more valuable to the Saints than Eli is to the Giants. If you ask me whos the MVP of the Saints I'll say Brees and no one comes close. If you asked me who's the MVP of the Giants I'd say Eli/the entire D Line/Jacobs.

But now I'm just messing with ya :).
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    The Giants' defense should win the MVP!
    I can't believe how great your defense is without Strahan and Osi.

That Justin Tuck is a bad motherfucker!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    time to clinch the division today
    ( or is it conference ? )
    thank god for the early game on Sunday
    ( no interfering with the other Blueshirts on ice later tonight )
    lets keep this Big Blue machine rolling,....

defending that World Championship .

:D
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    and we get a 1st week bye if
    we knock off the chickens.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    I just got my first ever HD tv delivered and I am so ready for this game!!!
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    will you guys please win this friggin game? btw...who needs Plax anyway, he definitely would run the wrong route on 3rd and 6 and drop wide open bombs down the middle. ;)
  • Options
    well, running back a blocked kick has put us right back in this baby !

eagles receive the ball after the half, we gotta buckle down and holdem .

1-7 on 3rd downs ?

c'mon fellas.
    platessmall.jpg