Anyone drinking tonight?

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,415
    what i did today, a very stupid move on my part, for sure i'm be drinking all night. :(
  • I haven't touched a drop of anything for the past 8 weeks, I'm circuit training intensely at the gym 5 days a week, and eating clean.

How boring is that?

I'll have to set a goal to get unhinged at some point. I think it has something to do with the onset of winter.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    i said our professors preferred we didnt reference wiki. i said nothing about using wiki as a gateway.

lol, well I'd hope you wouldn't. But you could say use wikipedia to find out about a study, like Bailey and Pillard

Pillard is well-known for a series of studies he coauthored with J. Michael Bailey, which examined the rate of concordance of sexual identity among monozygotic twins, dizygotic twins of the same sex, non-twin siblings of the same sex, and adoptive siblings of the same sex

Publications
    Pillard RC, Rose RM, Sherwood M. Plasma testosterone levels in homosexual men. Arch Sex Behav. 1974 Sep;3(5):453-8. PMID: 4415098
    Bailey JM, Pillard RC. A genetic study of male sexual orientation. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1991 Dec;48(12):1089-96. PMID: 1845227
    Tuttle GE, Pillard RC. Sexual orientation and cognitive abilities. Arch Sex Behav. 1991 Jun;20(3):307-18. PMID: 2059149
    Pillard RC, Weinrich JD. Evidence of familial nature of male homosexuality. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1986 Aug;43(8):808-12. PMID: 3729676
    Pillard RC, Poumadere J, Carretta RA. A family study of sexual orientation. Arch Sex Behav. 1982 Dec;11(6):511-20. PMID: 6760832
    Pillard RC, Poumadere J, Carretta RA. Is homosexuality familial? A review, some data, and a suggestion. Arch Sex Behav. 1981 Oct;10(5):465-75. PMID: 7032464
    Dawood K, Pillard RC, Horvath C, Revelle W, Bailey JM. Familial aspects of male homosexuality. Arch Sex Behav. 2000 Apr;29(2):155-63. PMID: 10842723
    Bailey JM, Pillard RC, Dawood K, Miller MB, Farrer LA, Trivedi S, Murphy RL. A family history study of male sexual orientation using three independent samples. Behav Genet. 1999 Mar;29(2):79-86. PMID: 10405456
    Pillard RC, Bailey JM. Human sexual orientation has a heritable component. Hum Biol. 1998 Apr;70(2):347-65. PMID: 9549243
    Pillard RC, Bailey JM. A biologic perspective on sexual orientation. Psychiatr Clin North Am. 1995 Mar;18(1):71-84. PMID: 7761309
    Snyder PJ, Weinrich JD, Pillard RC. Personality and lipid level differences associated with homosexual and bisexual identity in men. Arch Sex Behav. 1994 Aug;23(4):433-51. PMID: 7993184
    Pillard RC, Rosen LR, Meyer-Bahlburg H, Weinrich JD, Feldman JF, Gruen R, Ehrhardt AA. Psychopathology and social functioning in men prenatally exposed to diethylstilbestrol (DES). Psychosom Med. 1993 Nov-Dec;55(6):485-91. PMID: 8310108
    Weinrich JD, Snyder PJ, Pillard RC, Grant I, Jacobson DL, Robinson SR, McCutchan JA. A factor analysis of the Klein sexual orientation grid in two disparate samples. Arch Sex Behav. 1993 Apr;22(2):157-68. PMID: 8476335
    Bailey JM, Pillard RC, Neale MC, Agyei Y. Heritable factors influence sexual orientation in women. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1993 Mar;50(3):217-23. PMID: 8439243

[edit] References
    ^ Judson Jerome (Mar., 1958). Departure: Basil Pillard, 1895-1957. College English, Vol. 19, No. 6, Poetry and Professors Issue , p. 240
    ^ Paul E. Lynch (2003). An Interview with Richard C. Pillard, MD. Journal of Gay & Lesbian Psychotherapy Volume: 7 Issue: 4
    ^ Burr, Chandler (June 1997). Homosexuality and biology. The Atlantic Monthly
    Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Pillard"

Your off to the races by citing (Dawood, Pillard, Horvath, Revelle, Bailey 2000) when writing a paper about genetics and sexual orientation. That's all they do for citations anyway, and then provide a full reference in the back of the book.

Archives of Sexual Behavior, Vol. 29, No. 2, 2000
    Familial Aspects of Male Homosexuality
    Khytam Dawood, M.S.,1 Richard C. Pillard, M.D.,2 Christopher
    Horvath, Ph.D.,3 William Revelle, Ph.D.,1 and J. Michael Bailey, Ph.D.1
    http://www.psych.northwestern.edu/psych/people/faculty/bailey/Publications/Dawood%20et%20al.,%202000.pdf
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Anyway, when you use theonion or something as a source, they don't state their sources and you are stuck with just taking their statements at face value. Whereas, I like a source that provides a route to the original papers. You can follow wikipedia to it's .edu sources then read their sources and their sources, etc... until you are satisfied with it. If you need to analyze correlation coefficients then you can do that starting at wikipedia.

get off the carousel ryan. im not debating the veracity of the sources wiki gets its info from.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    and then call me for a quick chat girlie. : D :p

You??? Me??? ALCOHOL???? And you think it'll be a "quick chat"????? :D

ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! :D:D:D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    hamrless?!?

this thread needs you...

or Jeanie, Trixie,...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
    brainofPJ wrote:
    hamrless?!?

this thread needs you...

or Jeanie, Trixie,...

Ta da! :D At your service! :)

Now how bout I act pissed for a bit and see where that gets us? :D

I would like to say I was hammered Saturday night and you buggers were as boring as all get out! :p

Honorable mention to catiefractious who was more than entertaining. :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    You??? Me??? ALCOHOL???? And you think it'll be a "quick chat"????? :D

ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! :D:D:D

who said i couldnt be funny? i'm not always a humourless mook. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    I haven't touched a drop of anything for the past 8 weeks, I'm circuit training intensely at the gym 5 days a week, and eating clean.

How boring is that?

I'll have to set a goal to get unhinged at some point. I think it has something to do with the onset of winter.

The good thing about that Roland is, you'll probably getter a quicker buzz with less on account you've been so clean living. Least that's been my experience. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:

Now how bout I act pissed for a bit and see where that gets us? : D

I would like to say I was hammered Saturday night and you buggers were as boring as all get out! : p

Honorable mention to catiefractious who was more than entertaining. : D

OMG!! i was hammered saturday night too. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    who said i couldnt be funny? i'm not always a humourless mook. :D

Did you know they used the word misanthrope on CSI last night?

Man I got the giggles! :D

You're as funny as fuck girl. I just reckon you disguise it well so as not to frighten people! ;):p
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    OMG!! i was hammered saturday night too. :D

Well fancy that! ;) I'd NEVER have guessed! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Did you know they used the word misanthrope on CSI last night?

Man I got the giggles! :D

You're as funny as fuck girl. I just reckon you disguise it well so as not to frighten people! ;):p

nope, i did not. i dont watch CSI. i cant see a damn thing. would it kill them to turn alight on once in while. im surprised they solve any crimes.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Jeanie wrote:

Now how bout I act pissed for a bit and see where that gets us? :D

I would like to say I was hammered Saturday night and you buggers were as boring as all get out! :p

Honorable mention to catiefractious who was more than entertaining. :D

a lot of people post while drunk.

i was drinking saturday but i was at my brothers being bored out of my mind watching Black Snake Moan.

nope, i did not. i dont watch CSI. i cant see a damn thing. would it kill them to turn alight on once in while. im surprised they solve any crimes.

haha! :D Well they gotta add the atmosphere girl! But it is a crack up, I mean in the lab I used to work in everything was lit up like a Christmas tree with fluros. :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    brainofPJ wrote:
    a lot of people post while drunk.

i was drinking saturday but i was at my brothers being bored out of my mind watching Black Snake Moan.

That they do. My drunk typing is actually pretty good so I'm not sure anyone would have noticed anyway. The other problem is that we're almost a day ahead of everyone else so when I'm pissed on Saturday night/Sunday morning you lot are all just getting up with your hangover from Friday Night. :D

What's Black Snake Moan???? :o
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    That they do. My drunk typing is actually pretty good so I'm not sure anyone would have noticed anyway. The other problem is that we're almost a day ahead of everyone else so when I'm pissed on Saturday night/Sunday morning you lot are all just getting up with your hangover from Friday Night. :D

What's Black Snake Moan???? :o

haha! :D i have usually been good with drunk typing, not always.

where exactly are you located?

Black Snake Moan: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462200/

• Jeanie wrote:
    The good thing about that Roland is, you'll probably getter a quicker buzz with less on account you've been so clean living. Least that's been my experience. :)

You're right about that.

I might be on to something with this circuit training. It's pretty hard core as you go from one piece of equipment right to the next in a loop without any rest or stopping for about 45 mins. The whole time you're out of breath so it gives off a huge endorphin rush. Aside from the fatigue towards the end, it really is a lot like a drug. I find it stronger than a runners high.

It's been about 14 months now since I started the fight so to speak.

I've wasted so many memberships in the past. The say if you can stick it past 6 months it's for life (knock on wood). Thank god the gym is right across the street. Big plus.

I have so much making up to do for my teenage and college years. Too much partying! Ohh... I shudder...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
    brainofPJ wrote:
    haha! :D i have usually been good with drunk typing, not always.

where exactly are you located?

Black Snake Moan: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462200/

I'm always amazed at my drunk typing! :D By comparison to some of the stuff that happens to my fingers when they're tired I do pretty good.....mostly! ;)

I'm in Melbourne. :)

That looks like a really cool movie! Was it? :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    You're right about that.

I might be on to something with this circuit training. It's pretty hard core as you go from one piece of equipment right to the next in a loop without any rest or stopping for about 45 mins. The whole time you're out of breath so it gives off a huge endorphin rush. Aside from the fatigue towards the end, it really is a lot like a drug. I find it stronger than a runners high.

I've wasted so many memberships in the past. The say if you can stick it past 6 months it's for life (knock on wood). Thank god the gym is right across the street. Big plus.

I have so much making up to do for my teenage and college years. Too much partying! Ohh... I shudder...

i've been on somewhat of a binge this month with food especially. trying to get all the crap out of the way because next month i want to start going to the gym.

we also have a membership which we pay for and really haven't used for 3 months.

i was working out with a personal trainer and he was kicking my butt. it was fun. now i have to basically start over.

do you wake up early and go? just curious.

Jeanie wrote:
    I'm always amazed at my drunk typing! :D By comparison to some of the stuff that happens to my fingers when they're tired I do pretty good.....mostly! ;)

I'm in Melbourne. :)

That looks like a really cool movie! Was it? :)

Melbourne, nice!

my wife went without me a couple years ago when her brother was working on a movie in New Zealand.

the movie was ok. i went over to his house with the impression that we were going to watch 310 To Yuma though.

• AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    I'm out for the next couple of days. Don't worry, I'll be back next time boredom strikes me, like wednesday, when I'm back to work. muhahahahah!
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
    You're right about that.

I miss that "dolphin rush" :( Now it's just fatigue, fatigue and more bloody fatigue. :rolleyes: I wanna get a weights regime happening. Just to build up core muscle strength. Not so much with the stamina, figure that will come with time. But I'm missing the flexibility I had from dancing, although I never really got much upper body strength from it. On the plus side, it doesn't seem to take much for me to get that flexibility back once I've started again. I've checked out the circuit training, I think it would probably be too much for me, well to start with anyway, but I'm really keen to get started on a regular exercise regime again. I do a lot of walking but I really want to get back into dancing eventually. I'm thinking I'm going to start out with this really old book from the 60's. It's called

Physical Fitness
    5BX 11 minute a day plan for men
    XBX 12 minute a day plan for women

It was developed by the Royal Canadian Air Force.
    I've done it before and it's really good and simple.

What I really need is a simple 20 minute weights program. I'm thinking I might get a personal trainer to start me off. I'm not really one for gyms. I can't control the temperature and I need to work at my own pace and not be getting in other people's way. :)

But I reckon even if I start now, I'll never make up for the partying I did when I was younger! ;)

How long did it take you before you started with the circuit training Roland? :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    brainofPJ wrote:
    Melbourne, nice!

my wife went without me a couple years ago when her brother was working on a movie in New Zealand.

the movie was ok. i went over to his house with the impression that we were going to watch 310 To Yuma though.

Yeah, she's not a bad little town, Melbourne. :) Got pretty much everything you could possibly want without being too big. :)
    Kiwi is devine! That place is soooo beautiful! Especially around Queenstown and I don't even like snow that much! :)

What movie was your brother in law working on?

Oh I have to see 310 To Yuma! Chiqui insisted! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I'm out for the next couple of days. Don't worry, I'll be back next time boredom strikes me, like wednesday, when I'm back to work. muhahahahah!

Great! :p Something to look forward to! :D

More torment from a bored Ahnimus at work! ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    This was an interesting thread...

Anyways, I'm going to have myself another glass of wine.
    mca47 wrote:
    This was an interesting thread...

Anyways, I'm going to have myself another glass of wine.

:D What flavor?
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Yeah, she's not a bad little town, Melbourne. :) Got pretty much everything you could possibly want without being too big. :)
    Kiwi is devine! That place is soooo beautiful! Especially around Queenstown and I don't even like snow that much! :)

What movie was your brother in law working on?

Oh I have to see 310 To Yuma! Chiqui insisted! :D

sounds nice! kind of sounds like where i live; it's not too big. actually, that's where the comparisons stop. there is nothing to do here.

snow?! is that a frequent thing? that's cool...

he was working on Superman Returns.

yea, Mr. Crowe is in Yuma!

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Jeanie wrote:
    :D What flavor?

Pinot Noir.

I poured a big one too! Mostly due to this thread. :)
    brainofPJ wrote:
    sounds nice! kind of sounds like where i live; it's not too big. actually, that's where the comparisons stop. there is nothing to do here.

snow?! is that a frequent thing? that's cool...

he was working on Superman Returns.

yea, Mr. Crowe is in Yuma!

Actually we've got a lot of different stuff. Sport, arts, theatre, festivals, beaches, parks and gardens. It'd be practically impossible not to find something to do here. :)

We don't get snow in Melbourne. Well sometimes in the outer suburbs in the hills but it's pretty rare. Queenstown in NZ gets awesome snow. It's billed as the adventure capital of the world. :D And it's so pretty it's like standing on a movie set. Every where the view is so perfect it's surreal.

I haven't seen Superman Returns all the way through yet. Normally those are the kind of movies I'd see at my brothers and these days by the time the kidlets are in bed I tend to nod off half way through the movie. :o

Yeah, I think the reason Chiqui wants me to see 310 so much is because Rusty's in it. I think she likes him! ;) He's not really my cuppa but I do like a good western. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift