Anyone drinking tonight?

Comments

• TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I'm actually drinking Coke right now, the caffeine amps dopamine production which is keeping me alert. The only thing I have against wine is the alcohol, but otherwise it's good for you. I'm not totally against alcohol consumption, but any regular consumption of alcohol makes you an alcoholic which I certainly am not.
    Ahnimus...I hate to be the one to tell you this, but in certain parts of Asia...Coke is used as an insecticide....ew....that stuff will kill you.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    Ahnimus...I hate to be the one to tell you this, but in certain parts of Asia...Coke is used as an insecticide....ew....that stuff will kill you.

Oh, thank GOD you're here! :D
  • brainofPJ wrote:
    any night is a good night to enjoy a beverage.

that's what i'm talking about :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Ahnimus wrote:
    No, alcoholism is the persistent consumption of alcohol.

No, I don't need to drink, I just like to.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i usually enjoy a tasty "beverage" every day but sunday.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Ahnimus wrote:
    It certainly seems to be the topic of choice around here. Perhaps the body's compensatory response system makes people "silly" when talking about alcohol because it behaves in ways as if it is intoxicated. Sort of a contact high, or imaginary high. Either that, or people here really are alcoholics.

some of us are extremely sexist too, to the point where we sound like we come from a different era :rolleyes:
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

same with my brother. he has a drink every day. he just likes the taste. not like he is dependent on it.

• AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    TrixieCat wrote:

Ok... any links?
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
    Oh, thank GOD you're here! :D
    Hey Girlfriend! :)
    Coke is just gross anyway, in my opinion. And caffeine is a drug and if it required to stay sharp and alert, then you are addicted. Right?
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Ok... any links?
    Give me a couple more seconds..
    Start here:
    http://www.organicconsumers.org/toxic/pop.cfm%20
    And my apologies...this link is regarding India
  • brainofPJ wrote:
    same with my brother. he has a drink every day. he just likes the taste. not like he is dependent on it.

I don't drink every day, it's usually just a nice way to wind down after work and stuff.
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

That's what they all say.

I don't like to drink, because I'm not an alcoholic. Occasionally I will get a drunk on, it tastes gross, makes me feel like shit and I pay for it. If you don't feel the same, you are probably an alcoholic.

I smoke. Not because I like to. I like to smoke, but I only like to smoke because I'm addicted to smoking. Anyone who is not addicted to smoking doesn't like to smoke.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Coke is just gross anyway, in my opinion. And caffeine is a drug and if it required to stay sharp and alert, then you are addicted. Right?

americas most addictive drug.

TrixieCat wrote:
    Give me a couple more seconds..
    Start here:
    http://www.organicconsumers.org/toxic/pop.cfm%20
    And my apologies...this link is regarding India

I don't trust this group.
  • Ahnimus wrote:

I don't like to drink, because I'm not an alcoholic. Occasionally I will get a drunk on, it tastes gross, makes me feel like shit and I pay for it. If you don't feel the same, you are probably an alcoholic.

I smoke. Not because I like to. I like to smoke, but I only like to smoke because I'm addicted to smoking. Anyone who is not addicted to smoking doesn't like to smoke.

Ahnimus my friend you need to lighten up.. do you take such a critical distance to everything in life? you probably don't have any fun.

• Ahnimus wrote:

I actually like the taste of the alcohol that I drink, if I don't like the taste I don't drink it.

I don't drink every day, it's usually just a nice way to wind down after work and stuff.

sorry. didn't mean for it to sound like that.

anyway, i'm thinking of substituting the crap i drink all the time (regular/diet pop, coffee) for a can of Guiness.

B vitamins and it tastes good. yum

• brainofPJ wrote:

anyway, i'm thinking of substituting the crap i drink all the time (regular/diet pop, coffee) for a can of Guiness.

Guinness

mmmmmmm

• brainofPJ wrote:

No worries, I don't drink fizzy pop and stuff. It's water at work and usually fruit juice and coffee at home when I am not on the alcohol.

I actually like the taste of the alcohol that I drink, if I don't like the taste I don't drink it.

Yea, I don't like Camel cigarettes or Menthol either. I like the taste of the cigarettes I smoke.
    Ahnimus my friend you need to lighten up.. do you take such a critical distance to everything in life? you probably don't have any fun.

That's pretty much it. I limit my fun to a few hours a day.
    No worries, I don't drink fizzy pop and stuff. It's water at work and usually fruit juice and coffee at home when I am not on the alcohol.

yea. water all day at work for me also.

beer when i get home and chocolate milk right after workouts from now on!

• Ahnimus wrote:
    Yea, I don't like Camel cigarettes or Menthol either. I like the taste of the cigarettes I smoke.

so what.. you're addicted to cigarrettes.. other people are addicted to drink.. what are you saying Ahnimus, that your addiction of choice is less dangerous and you're smug about that?

I dont get why you are so critical of the way everyone else chooses to live their life. I think smoking is fucking stupid.

• TrixieCat wrote:

Sometimes I have too much to say, so all I'll say is, good to see you, girl! Phew!
  • Ahnimus wrote:

We shall have to agree to disagree :)

• brainofPJ wrote:
    yea. water all day at work for me also.

beer when i get home and chocolate milk right after workouts from now on!

I can only usually drink water or lager straight after going to the gym.

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    All in moderation.

Hehehe....right!
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Got anything from the NAS or AAAS?
    I really don't have the time to be looking for all of this, nor do I wish to hammer the point home for you.
    You asked for links..I provided. Coke is bad for you, as is smoking. It would be good for you if you discontinued the use of both.