Anyone drinking tonight?

Comments

• pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    well the convo I'm having now makes me want to have a stiff drink...or just smash the bottle against my head
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    mca47 wrote:
    Pinot Noir.

I poured a big one too! Mostly due to this thread. :)

:D Where's it from, your Pinot? I'm more of a merlot girl meself. Well I love Cab Sav but I don't drink it so much these days. Mostly whites and light reds.

I would pour meself one but it's only 4pm, a bit early and I'm still a little seedy from having tied one on Saturday night. I'll probably be having 30 or so alcohol free days in a row now. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    well the convo I'm having now makes me want to have a stiff drink...or just smash the bottle against my head

Have the drink and smash the bottle over the head of the person you're having the convo with. :D Problem solved! ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • for leaving this thread so early last night, I remembered I had important stuff to do... it wasn't the plan; I'm gutted you all had so much apparent fun after I left.

Never fear. I have more beer! Therefore we'll do it again; either tonight or another night...

Watch this space.

But this time I want EVERYONE FUN to be present. :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • for leaving this thread so early last night, I remembered I had important stuff to do... it wasn't the plan; I'm gutted you all had so much apparent fun after I left.

Never fear. I have more beer! Therefore we'll do it again; either tonight or another night...

Watch this space.

But this time I want EVERYONE FUN to be present. :D

I may join you, not tonight though as it is pool night for me.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • I may join you, not tonight though as it is pool night for me.

Maybe I'll wait til Friday, but we'll see.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

for leaving this thread so early last night, I remembered I had important stuff to do... it wasn't the plan; I'm gutted you all had so much apparent fun after I left.

Watch this space.

But this time I want EVERYONE FUN to be present. : D

yeah, ya piker! :p No stamina! ;)

hahaha! :D And I'm about to go to bed, so I won't be drinking you under the table tonight! :p Probably do you good to get the practice in anyway! ;)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    yeah, ya piker! :p No stamina!

hahaha! And I'm about to go to bed, so I won't be drinking you under the table tonight! Probably do you good to get the practice in anyway! ;)

That message had far too many smilies!

Ready? Repeat after me... 'You are not a lightweight. I take that back.'

I didn't disappear into oblivion and pass out, if that's what you're thinking. :D

That message had far too many smilies!

Ready? Repeat after me... 'You are not a lightweight. I take that back.'

I didn't disappear into oblivion and pass out, if that's what you're thinking. :D

All my messages and posts have far too many smilies! :D I'm a smilie whore! :p

Oh and I never said you were a light weight! I said you were a piker! :p

It doesn't matter whether you passed out or not! You'll need the practice! I'm VERY GOOD at drinking people under the table! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    All my messages and posts have far too many smilies! :D I'm a smilie whore! :p

Oh and I never said you were a light weight! I said you were a piker! :p

It doesn't matter whether you passed out or not! You'll need the practice! I'm VERY GOOD at drinking people under the table! :D

Is a piker the same thing as a pikey? I've only ever had one caravan holiday.

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Jeanie wrote:

oh i'll take that challenge girlie. :D:D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    every night Pinky
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • oh i'll take that challenge girlie. :D:D:p

When it's on you should join the thread. :D

a piker is someone who wooses out on something mark cause they can't stand the pace or because they have to work in the morning ;):D:p

i don't know what a pikey is but it sounds like some weird english thing. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    When it's on you should join the thread. :D

the time difference might be the bigger challenge for me. afterall you are so many hours behind us here. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

I don't have any idea what a pikey is. :o

I went to look for a the online definition of a piker but they stuffed that up. :rolleyes:

A piker is someone who goes to bed early, or can't go the distance on a night out. Well that's the definition of it as I've always known it.

Oh here we go. :) It's all in here:

http://www.australianbeers.com/culture/piking.htm
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • a piker is someone who wooses out on something mark cause they can't stand the pace or because they have to work in the morning ;):D:p

i don't know what a pikey is but it sounds like some weird english thing. :D

pikeys are definitely some weird English things... gypsies; travellers... our equivalent, I think, of your trailer trash. (You're American?)

oh i'll take that challenge girlie. :D:D:p

hehe! :D Well as far as I can see you and I can keep up with each other cate! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    glasshouse wrote:
    every night Pinky

Who's Pinky? :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    the time difference might be the bigger challenge for me. afterall you are so many hours behind us here. :)

I think we'd have to tie one on in the arvo to drink with em over thar cate! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    pikeys are definitely some weird English things... gypsies; travellers... our equivalent, I think, of your trailer trash. (You're American?)

*deep breath cate*

no mark, im australian. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

No, but we have trailer trash. :D

And I didn't mean you're a pikey. Although I am rather curious about gypsies. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    hehe! :D Well as far as I can see you and I can keep up with each other cate! :D

youve not seen me drink scotch my dear. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Jeanie wrote:
    No, but we have trailer trash. :D

And I didn't mean you're a pikey. Although I am rather curious about gypsies. :)

My next book is going to have gypsies feature in it so that's going to be some research. Fun. :eek:

Australian? You're going to keep me guessing aren't you. ;) I don't know where Room 101 is. ;)

Australian? You're going to keep me guessing aren't you. ;) I don't know where Room 101 is. ;)

the better question would be do you know whats in room 101. :p

see post #172
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    youve not seen me drink scotch my dear. :D

:D That's ok. I'm quite sure I will at some point!

I of course will not be joining you! :eek: Man I hate that stuff!

But I'll drink Bundy and you drink Scotch. It's equivalent. :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • My next book is going to have gypsies feature in it so that's going to be some research. Fun. :eek:

Just don't get to close to them, they bite you know.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    My next book is going to have gypsies feature in it so that's going to be some research. Fun. :eek:

Awesome! You should go to Saint Maries de la mer (I can't be stuffed checking the spelling that'll do!) The romanies go there every year for the festival of the marys. :) It's awesome!

I'm an Aussie. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    Awesome! You should go to Saint Maries de la mer (I can't be stuffed checking the spelling that'll do!) The romanies go there every year for the festival of the marys. :) It's awesome!

Sounds French! My family goes to France quite a bit so might be able to arrange that.
    Jeanie wrote:
    I'm an Aussie. :)

Got it in two.

• the better question would be do you know whats in room 101. :p

see post #172

No, but if I find it, can I put some pikies in it?