Boston Red Sox

Comments

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Big game tomorrow (actually tonight). Dice-K on the hill. Definitely want a win with Beckett going for the clincher back at Fenway. Hopefully the injuries to Lowell and Drew will be put to rest once and for all. Keep on rolling, Sox!
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

reminds me of being at T's Pub on Comm Ave for many a Sox game ...

I'll never forget the famous Sox v Yanks brawl game ... we were at T's, then went to the Paradise for a concert (The Sheila Divine's last show ever ... at that time) ...

Lead singer Aaron Perino walked on stage and said ... "Pedro ......... he hates old people."

I have that on Instant Live ... good times!

I miss Boston in the fall.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:
    reminds me of being at T's Pub on Comm Ave for many a Sox game ...

I'll never forget the famous Sox v Yanks brawl game ... we were at T's, then went to the Paradise for a concert (The Sheila Divine's last show ever ... at that time) ...

Lead singer Aaron Perino walked on stage and said ... "Pedro ......... he hates old people."

I have that on Instant Live ... good times!

I miss Boston in the fall.

you going to the SF/Pats game?
    model role model
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    you going to the SF/Pats game?

don't have tickets yet ... but, I'm waiting to get a good deal, probably tomorrow ... so, I think it's very likely I'll be there.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    Jason Bay baby. what a jack here in the 1st inning of Game 2. that's 4 runs scored with 2 outs. 5 consecutive hits with 2 outs now with Kotsay, so far :)
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    Manny Who????
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    Manny Who????

he's done it longer so I'll give him that, but his attitude had to go.
    let's see how long Bay can do this.

a night of Jack and Coke & the Sox. doesn't get any better.
    6/11/08 WPB

Manny Who????

I'm sure the Dodgers left Chicago yesterday after the game, I wonder if Manny is in the house to watch the Sox ????

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    Hey peeps I just woke up I must have dosed off an hour ago. So the Sox are up, well done mates and the outfield is doing it's thing I see.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Say what inning is this, I can't tell this isn't the high telly I usually look at. :)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Manny Who!!???
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • looks like the top of the 2nd
    amazing. I am really happy for Jason Bay. We needed to rattle this pitcher tonight
    Let's Go Red Sox!
    Buck Martinez annoys me as a color guy ... can't put my finger on why ... I feel like he's pulling for the Angels.

DAMN! I could've sworn Pedroia had a homer right there. so close.
    6/11/08 WPB

stylo17 wrote:
    DAMN! I could've sworn Pedroia had a homer right there. so close.

it's at least a wall single in Fenway.

• jimed14 wrote:
    Buck Martinez annoys me as a color guy ... can't put my finger on why ... I feel like he's pulling for the Angels.

who ever is calling the games is always against the Red Sox. I mean when you hear Remy and Don do the games. I think they are honest. They will be the first to say when a play stinks. I think they are fair and the best sport announcers out there. Just my opinion.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
    momofglynn wrote:
    who ever is calling the games is always against the Red Sox. I mean when you hear Remy and Don do the games. I think they are honest. They will be the first to say when a play stinks. I think they are fair and the best sport announcers out there. Just my opinion.

I thought Orsillo did a great job with the Rays game today ... sadly, he was shackled with Harold Reynolds, who, as expected, was awful.

• jimed14 wrote:
    I thought Orsillo did a great job with the Rays game today ... sadly, he was shackled with Harold Reynolds, who, as expected, was awful.

that surprises me, Harold Reynolds used to be very good. It was a shame that he was canned by ESPN. I think he just won his case about his firing etc etc etc. I love Don Orsillo. I love Remy. They of course love the Sox but you can tell that they are still honest and passionate about the game over all.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
    That was a huge stikeout and H Reynolds was off earlier this evening.

Peace

Man I thoight that was gone.

Peace

• nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    fuckin a!

dice-k gives me heartburn.
    Dice-K: a potential train-wreck that always seems to hit the brakes right before disaster.

how the man does it, no one will know.

Sox batting has to make Erwin work now in the top of the 6th.
    .......NOT like that Bay. it's okay, you're playing well :p
    6/11/08 WPB

• nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    yes!

JD!
    Whew I thought that was gone.

Peace

How funny was that 15+ second shot of that one ... lonely ... YANKEE fan in the crowd with his Yankee hat and his Yankee shirt, that said "beat Boston" on it ...

HA HA HA HA ... they aren't even in the playoffs and they still care about us losing ... hilarious.

Damn it!

• LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    COME on Boston, don't blow it! :mad:

EDIT: JD f'in' DREW! :)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
    Jd Fuckin Drew Baby!!!!

• smg9779smg9779 Posts: 235
    KRod is so overrated.
    Steve

11/18/97 Oakland
    07/13/98 Los Angeles
    07/14/98 Los Angeles
    10/31/99 Bridge School
    10/28/00 San Bernardino
    10/31/00 Mountain View
    10/21/01 Bridge School
    06/01/03 Mountain View
    07/15/06 SF I