Boston Red Sox

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    stickboy wrote:
    I hear that.
    All I know is the Yankees better come up with SOME kind of a quality no.1 or 2 pitcher side by side with Wang and I guess Joba. One more big time batter like Manny wouldnt hurt either

Manny would be nice but it won't happen, I see the Yanks going younger power bat. I think the Yanks are tired of the older expensive power bat.

On the other I kinda would like to see him in a Yankee uniform just to power up their payroll.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

hartamh wrote:
    I wonder what next year's team will look like :rolleyes: :eek:

Just great, just great it's been a blast of a year.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    g under p wrote:
    Manny would be nice but it won't happen, I see the Yanks going younger power bat. I think the Yanks are tired of the older expensive power bat.

On the other I kinda would like to see him in a Yankee uniform just to power up their payroll.

Peace
    I wouldnt mind going with the youth movement either, but lets not forget. Mannys from the Crown Heights area and still has plenty of family and friends up there, so it might not just come down to the money. Maybe he might wanna retire back home? Who knows
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,660
    stickboy wrote:
    yea I dunno whats gonna happen at 1st base, but sure I'd take Texiera in a heartbeat.
    Even tho I dont think he did much when he got traded this yr did he?
    That depends do you consider hitting .358 wth 13 HR and 43 RBI "not much"? (54 games)

Extrapolated over a full season, Tex's numbers in Anaheim would be .358, 39HR and 129 RBI. Triple crown type numbers, but not much otherwise.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote:
    That depends do you consider hitting .358 wth 13 HR and 43 RBI "not much"? (54 games)

Extrapolated over a full season, Tex's numbers in Anaheim would be .358, 39HR and 129 RBI. Triple crown type numbers, but not much otherwise.
    ah ok, it didnt seem like he did all that...was kind of a quiet trade.
    thanx ;) In that case I'll take Texeira :D
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Only if Lowell was healthy... :(
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
    LongRd. wrote:
    Only if Lowell was healthy... :(
    I would trade you A-rod for him :)
  • stickboy wrote:
    hell no.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    stickboy wrote:

That's not saying much, you'd trade A-Rod for a soda machine. Hahahahah.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

sheeitt
    like I just told slip kid

I'll trade yall A-rod for Lowells rookie card and just leave it on 3rd and it would make less errors than Gay-rod ANYways
    maybe even get a hit in the postseason!
    Francona is due for back surgery this offseason to deal with a problem that has left him with diminished feeling in his arms and unable to stand up straight at times. He’s been aware of the problem since May, but only now does he have the opportunity to take care of it without missing a large swath of the baseball season.

Another Red Sox headed for surgery: the manager

Peace

stickboy wrote:
    sheeitt
    like I just told slip kid

I'll trade yall A-rod for Lowells rookie card and just leave it on 3rd and it would make less errors than Gay-rod ANYways
    maybe even get a hit in the postseason!
    Only a Vlad Guerrero trade for A-Rod would be equal since both of them are garbage in the postseason. :p
    kevin Youkilis is your 2008 AL Hank Aaron Award winner!
  • Allow me to be the first to wish all members of the Nation a happy 4th anniversary.
  • Sox pick up option on Wakefield, so he's back for another go around.
  • Sox pick up option on Wakefield, so he's back for another go around.
    Good God! Say it ain't so. I'm thankful for what he's done, but its time to cut him loose....replace him with somebody that isn't a couple of guaranteed homeruns when they come in.

Varitek filed didn't he? Are they going to make a real effot to resign him or what? I like Tek too, but might be time for him to go as well
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Good God! Say it ain't so. I'm thankful for what he's done, but its time to cut him loose....replace him with somebody that isn't a couple of guaranteed homeruns when they come in.

Varitek filed didn't he? Are they going to make a real effot to resign him or what? I like Tek too, but might be time for him to go as well

You have (5) starting pitchers on your roster.
    If you don't see the value of Wakefield, you don't know baseball.
  • You have (5) starting pitchers on your roster.
    If you don't see the value of Wakefield, you don't know baseball.
    His value is he sucks, which means none. My point is that he can certainly be replaced with someone more reliable for the same money or less.

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • NitroNitro Posts: 265
    His value is he sucks, which means none. My point is that he can certainly be replaced with someone more reliable for the same money or less.

No way. Wakefield is one of the biggest steals in baseball.
  • Nitro wrote:
    No way. Wakefield is one of the biggest steals in baseball.
    Perhaps..but in no way does he advance the sox chances of winning. Putting him out there for game four was like saying, "Hey, beat the shit out of us! Please!"

IP: 2.2
    H: 6
    R: 5
    ER: 5
    HR: 3
    ERA: 16.88

Everybody has bad days, but Wake has them quite frequently and I don't want to see another damn playoff game put in his hands.

Quality starts for the Sox in 2008

Lester - 20
    Wakefield - 18
    Beckett - 16
    Dice - 14

I guess your right he sucks...
  • Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    hartamh wrote:
    Don't give up Tek. :o

That's what I'm saying

besides Youk he's my favorite player
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
    When does Spring Training tickets go on sale? I'm going to Fort Myers next year.

Peace

hartamh wrote:
    Red Mosquito

Pedroia Wins AL MVP!!
    Didn't see a thread yet for this, so I thought I would start one up. Such an accomplishment, especially for a second basemen. Rookie of the Year, Gold Glove, Silver Slugger, AL MVP. Great resume for only two years of service!

I was trying like hell to find this thread and it wouldn't come up. A well earned award to Dustin who appears to be a future leader to this Red Sox team.

Peace

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I called it on Sept 23rd ... better late than never ... :)

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=5879869&postcount=2668

Hell of a season, well deserved.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    2007 Rookie Of The Year
    2007 World Series ring
    2008 Gold Glove
    2008 Sliver Slugger
    2008 MVP

Just think of all the people who wanted to bench him in April 2007.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    2007 Rookie Of The Year
    2007 World Series ring
    2008 Gold Glove
    2008 Sliver Slugger
    2008 MVP

Just think of all the people who wanted to bench him in April 2007.

or waived them off their rotisserie team with a $1 salary ... :(
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    Allow me to be the first to wish all members of the Nation a happy 4th anniversary.
    i guess some people have no lives but to try and manage fans of a team.

get over yourself.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Congratulations to Dustin Pedroia. He deserved the MVP. He's quickly becoming my favorite Sox player. Who else is ready for baseball season to start again?! There's a very strong possibility the wife and I will be moving back to the Fort Myers area next summer. Spring training right in our back yard again will be great (we lived in Fort Myers for 6 months in 2006).
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    And Coco Crisp is gone, traded to Kansas City for a reliever. We did need the bullpen help, but I wonder if we could have acquired a better player.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11