Options

* Official 2007 Go E-A-G-L-E-S Thread *

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,135
    You are brilliant! And it's lose a game.

Thank you for the correction and it's still a loss. Looking forward to next week.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Thank you for the correction and it's still a loss. Looking forward to next week.

Peace

As am I!!
  • Options
    If I see McNabb show that big stupid fucking grin one more time after an incomplete pass or interception I swear I'm gonna break his knee caps with a hammer! I just want to see some emotion out of the motherfucker!! Play with some fire like Brady and Favre for shits sake!! It would make it so much easier to watch if at least he looked like he gave a fuck!

I don't have high hopes for the season... sorry. I just don't have faith in McNabb... at all.
  • Options
    Go Packers.:D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    g under p wrote:
    Your absolutely right, it still comes down to the fact that the Eagles loss a game.

Peace

It would be LOST brain surgeon....
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,135
    chromiam wrote:
    It would be LOST brain surgeon....

I've been corrected by Corduroyboy and I thanked him. The Eagles football team still have loss #1 no matter which way you want to look at it.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Solat13 wrote:
    The only good news from this game is it's still early. Reid's teams always look flat in the beginning of the year, but I still think they'll be 3-1 by the bye.

I think Reid has lost 5 of his last 7 openers. But you're right they did look really flat, but this was the type of ugly game good teams usually win. Hopefully it will even out by the time all is said and done. Now if they lose to Washington next week then I'll be worried.

you're right. it's not uncommon for the eagles to get off to a slow start. it's just one loss. plenty of more opportunities for victories. :)

as far as mcnabb is concerned (some others mentioned him), some may say he plays without intensity, but if you've watched him over the years, he plays his best when he is loose and relaxed. when he's having fun he's more accurate and the offense runs much more smoothly. it will take a bit of time for him to get the rust off this year, but he'll be fine and so will the team.

go eagles!
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    you're right. it's not uncommon for the eagles to get off to a slow start. it's just one loss. plenty of more opportunities for victories. :)

as far as mcnabb is concerned (some others mentioned him), some may say he plays without intensity, but if you've watched him over the years, he plays his best when he is loose and relaxed. when he's having fun he's more accurate and the offense runs much more smoothly. it will take a bit of time for him to get the rust off this year, but he'll be fine and so will the team.

go eagles!
    i love how you always have such a positive attitude! :)

yeah, i like mcnabb. i prefer to see him smiling, because when his eyes look all strained and tense is when he plays the worst. people love to complain about him, but really other than manning or brady i don't think there's anyone i'd rather have at QB.

i'm not overly worried about things based on this one loss, but if they lose to the skins next week it'll be a different story.
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    nfanel wrote:
    i love how you always have such a positive attitude! :)

yeah, i like mcnabb. i prefer to see him smiling, because when his eyes look all strained and tense is when he plays the worst. people love to complain about him, but really other than manning or brady i don't think there's anyone i'd rather have at QB.

i'm not overly worried about things based on this one loss, but if they lose to the skins next week it'll be a different story.

No way we lose to the skins next week. Well have westbrook back there returning punts instead of that jackass JR reed. As far as Mcnabb smiling on the field, I think he should be . After all it IS JUST a game that they get paid to play in . It has no significance on the REAL aspects of life ex. family, friends, health. You Know? Did that make any sense?
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Go Packers.:D
    GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry buddy, wrong thread.

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    Reno 911 !!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    nfanel wrote:

Nice find.

I love The Onion. Especially since they paid me $500 bucks last year. ;)
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,375
    nfanel wrote:
    I love the archive headlines:
    God Damns Minnesota Vikings As Requested
    September 06, 2000 | Issue 36•31

Report: Browns Hoped Quinn Would Hold Out For Months
    August 09, 2007 | Issue 43•32

Peyton Manning Overjoyed His Commercials Will Finally Appear In Super Bowl
    February 01, 2007 | Issue 43•05

NFL Draft In Chaos As Mel Kiper's Big Board Is Knocked Over
    April 19, 2007 | Issue 43•16

Michael Vick Credits Increased Passing Accuracy To Using His Right Hand
    November 02, 2006 | Issue 42•44
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    I love the archive headlines:
    haha...i didn't even notice that. this was my favorite part:

"While many football analysts agree that McNabb has done a phenomenally good job in a less-than-ideal situation for the last eight years, blaming Philadelphia's failure to advance to the Super Bowl on such varied areas as undisciplined offensive execution, inconsistent defense, excessive penalties, lackluster pass protection, and almost criminally bad play-calling, fans say they are tired of people making excuses for McNabb."

...or this "quote" from Lurie:
    "You have all really been great through all of this. No one could ask for a better, more caring, more patient home crowd."
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,375
    nfanel wrote:
    ...or this "quote" from Lurie:
    "You have all really been great through all of this. No one could ask for a better, more caring, more patient home crowd."
    Yeah I liked that one, so did Santa and the Playmaker. :D
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Birds -6.5.......take It To The Bank.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    Birds -6.5.......take It To The Bank.

I'll be taking this game. My prediction is 24-14. I'll be down at the Linc, let's just hope I don't run into Tony Kornheiser's bad combover.
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • Options
    PJSerf wrote:
    I'll be taking this game. My prediction is 24-14. I'll be down at the Linc, let's just hope I don't run into Tony Kornheiser's bad combover.

yea i'll be there around 2-ish...supposed to be 73 and sunny...that be drinking weather!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Let's get some love for the Eagles tonight. Come on 1-1!!!
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    mcnabb is a successful regular season qb

no more no less

he had/has the tools couldnt get it done
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    between the eagles and ed leading us into commercial, the excitement is almost too much for me to take...
  • Options
    nice pick by james. :) very good game from westbrook as usual. kind of boring otherwise, but let's hope things pick up against the Racists.
  • Options
    it's a barnburner offensive showcase tonight!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    PJSerf wrote:

if you do, and you are able...please strangle him to death. :) thank you. :D
  • Options
    disappointing end to the first half, especially with all those errors by washington. hope the offense can find a groove in the second.
  • Options
    yeah, this game is not fun to watch.
    and while donovan's having a bad night, i hate hearing the boo's. eagles fans suck.
    edit: i feel the need to reiterate i'm an eagles fan. :D but i like donovan and hate the way they turn on him.
  • Options
    nfanel wrote:
    yeah, this game is not fun to watch.
    and while donovan's having a bad night, i hate hearing the boo's. eagles fans suck.
    edit: i feel the need to reiterate i'm an eagles fan. :D but i like donovan and hate the way they turn on him.

totally agree.

tough loss tonight. it looked like they were going to get the score on the final drive, as the offense was finally looking sharp, aside from a couple of bad play calls on 3rd and 2...if only curtis hadn't slipped on that second to last pass attempt. they would have had a first down.

the defense played well for the most part, with quite a few missed first tackles, but still a decent game for them. the offense looked more promising at the end of the game so i hope that bodes well for the next game. this is definitely a disappointing loss, though. as many of us said, they shouldn't be losing to washington at home. :(
  • Options
    they shouldn't be losing to washington at home. :(

This was a loss not needed. Bring Randall Cunningham out of retirement!