Options

* Official 2007 Go E-A-G-L-E-S Thread *

Comments

• Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    oppie1 wrote:
    i support the Flyers... i'm a diehard fan..

but because you live in a city doesnt mean you're required to love the local team..

I'm originally from NY and am not a Giants, Jets, or Bills fan. I moved to and live in California and I'm not a Raiders, Chargers, or 49ers fan. Do I constantly shit on all these teams, NO!! Well maybe the Raiders a bit. I'm an Eagles fan, been since I was 8 years old. I toot my horn for the birds, I don't go to every thread for the other teams and ruin their time cheering on the team they love. Go make the Dolphins thread and have fun there. Dick.
  • Options
    I'm originally from NY and am not a Giants, Jets, or Bills fan. I moved to and live in California and I'm not a Raiders, Chargers, or 49ers fan. Do I constantly shit on all these teams, NO!! Well maybe the Raiders a bit. I'm an Eagles fan, been since I was 8 years old. I toot my horn for the birds, I don't go to every thread for the other teams and ruin their time cheering on the team they love. Go make the Dolphins thread and have fun there. Dick.

exactly! well said, corduroyboy. :)
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Last nights game blew chunks. You know its pretty bad when you get to work and all anyone can say thats positive is: " Hey , did you see that punt by Rocca? " . It was one hell of a punt but cmon.....
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    i guess everyone forgets that the eagles are in the inferior conference and usually get housed by the afc.

i guess they're the heat or pistons of the nfl

oh wait they both won titles :)
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    corycory Posts: 736
    Fuck Philly in the face.

Go Dallas.

*Note the absence of emoticons.
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    Last nights game blew chunks. You know its pretty bad when you get to work and all anyone can say thats positive is: " Hey , did you see that punt by Rocca? " . It was one hell of a punt but cmon.....
    this is the reason i don't watch pre-season games. they are pointless, boring, and tell nothing. not to mention the senseless injuries....
  • Options
    Let's try to be 1-0 by this afternoon!!
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    touringfan wrote:
    Vegas over / under is 9.5 on Philly and I gotta say that I favor the under. I think the Eagles take a step back this year and finish 8-8 or 9-7.

I agree.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    i say go eagles
    because i want to see them beat the crap out of green bay :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    It's not looking so good and we are only 5 minutes into the game.
  • Options
    I hate Green Bay, but I'm loving the Eagles looking so weak right now.
  • Options
    I hate Green Bay, but I'm loving the Eagles looking so weak right now.

Is there anything you do like?
  • Options
    luvistower wrote:
    i say go eagles
    because i want to see them beat the crap out of green bay :D

Not going to happen..................................I hope not. :)
  • Options
    Not going to happen..................................I hope not. :)

Tied. Looks like it very well can happen.
  • Options
    Is there anything you do like?

Yes, but not those teams.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    well that one hurt. good thing they cut jeremy bloom since they are so deep at the punt return position.

what bothers me more is how flat they looked...like they didn't care.

why do they have to hurt me every year??
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    This is it!!!! Its Official!!! We are back to defend that NFC east title once again.. This thread is designed for eagles fans and only eagles fans for discussion , gripes, and as always talking shit on ALL fans from Texas ( especially that little piece of shit city they call Dallas ) Bring it on Cowgirls !! you dont have a shot in hell. Tell Tony Romo he had his day in the sun, now get ready for a season of pain. Please feel free to post about the birds at any time during the season. We will be here ALL year long . But please no posting while your at the Linc, that time will be reserved for drinking only. I look forward to a season packed full of touchdowns and wins. Playoff births and super bowls, long runs and first downs. Step on up ITS EAGLES SEASON BABY!!!!!!!!!! sbb

How do you expect to have only Eagles participate in this discussion as you call it?

Oh BTW The Eagles were crushed today by Green Bay I believe.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    nfanel wrote:
    well that one hurt. good thing they cut jeremy bloom since they are so deep at the punt return position.

what bothers me more is how flat they looked...like they didn't care.

why do they have to hurt me every year??

The only good news from this game is it's still early. Reid's teams always look flat in the beginning of the year, but I still think they'll be 3-1 by the bye.

I think Reid has lost 5 of his last 7 openers. But you're right they did look really flat, but this was the type of ugly game good teams usually win. Hopefully it will even out by the time all is said and done. Now if they lose to Washington next week then I'll be worried.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    How do you expect to have only Eagles participate in this discussion as you call it?

Oh BTW The Eagles were crushed today by Green Bay I believe.

Peace

A 3 point win is a crush?
  • Options
    Solat13 wrote:
    The only good news from this game is it's still early. Reid's teams always look flat in the beginning of the year, but I still think they'll be 3-1 by the bye.

I think Reid has lost 5 of his last 7 openers. But you're right they did look really flat, but this was the type of ugly game good teams usually win. Hopefully it will even out by the time all is said and done. Now if they lose to Washington next week then I'll be worried.

True, it's early, but I really hope McNabb can step up this year. He's failing us year after year. There's no gusto with him. Flat is the perfect term for today.
  • Options
    A 3 point win is a crush?

YEAH 1 point is getting crushed, it still adds up to a loss. To me that's a crushing blow.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    YEAH 1 point is getting crushed, it still adds up to a loss. To me that's a crushing blow.

Peace

Hmmm, last time I looked up getting crushed, it leaned more towards a complete blowout. Not a 1 to 3 point win.
  • Options
    Hmmm, last time I looked up getting crushed, it leaned more towards a complete blowout. Not a 1 to 3 point win.

OK let's turn it around Eagles vs Patriots....and the Eagles kick the field goal to win the Super Bowl. At that point as an Eagles fan you have the right to say the Eagles just crushed the Patriots.

They can't take the win away from ya whether or not it's a 1 or 3 point win.

Peace

• Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    g under p wrote:
    OK let's turn it around Eagles vs Patriots....and the Eagles kick the field goal to win the Super Bowl. At that point as an Eagles fan you have the right to say the Eagles just crushed the Patriots.

They can't take the win away from ya whether or not it's a 1 or 3 point win.

Peace

Ummm no... the Eagles would have beaten the Pats, not crushed them... and this game came down to two bonehead plays on punts. Lewis doesn't want to return punts and it shows and Reid didn't have much experience this year fielding punts and it showed... if he lets that punt bounce the Eagles have a shot to at least get to OT and see what happens, the way it finished just made it all that much worse.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    liked how the eagles kicked off the start of their 0-16 season :)
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    Ummm no... the Eagles would have beaten the Pats, not crushed them... and this game came down to two bonehead plays on punts. Lewis doesn't want to return punts and it shows and Reid didn't have much experience this year fielding punts and it showed... if he lets that punt bounce the Eagles have a shot to at least get to OT and see what happens, the way it finished just made it all that much worse.

They ya go...in a sense IT was a CRUSHING loss.

Peace

• Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Thank you Philly Punt Returner's!!! Pack 1-0 and in first, Bears 0-1. I'm gonna enjoy this while I can.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    They ya go...in a sense IT was a CRUSHING loss.

Peace

Oh dude, you really gotta give up with this crushing bullshit. Go rant elsewhere. I mean, is this not supposed to be a thread for those who LIKE the Eagles and are fans. And Oppie, you can go take a shit too!
  • Options
    Oh dude, you really gotta give up with this crushing bullshit. Go rant elsewhere. I mean, is this not supposed to be a thread for those who LIKE the Eagles and are fans. And Oppie, you can go take a shit too!

Your absolutely right, it still comes down to the fact that the Eagles loss a game.

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Your absolutely right, it still comes down to the fact that the Eagles loss a game.

Peace

You are brilliant! And it's lose a game.