Options

The Montreal Canadiens Thread

Comments

• Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Pretty good article, and more or less the same thing he said on Sportscentre this morning.

I think Kovalev has never been so close to the exit, thanks to his good playing on the ice Bob Gainey may finally find a taker. I know you like him, but i sure hope he'll get traded, i don't even understand why they still give him a "chance".

In the good news section, Price in the net tonight against Ottawa!!

Go Habs Go!

p.s.: How about a Dandenault for McCabe trade? Would make Toronto fans happy... :)
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    send latendresse with kovalev...
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I think Kovalev has never been so close to the exit, thanks to his good playing on the ice Bob Gainey may finally find a taker. I know you like him, but i sure hope he'll get traded, i don't even understand why they still give him a "chance".

In the good news section, Price in the net tonight against Ottawa!!

Go Habs Go!

p.s.: How about a Dandenault for McCabe trade? Would make Toronto fans happy... :)

Well we'll see.
    I do like Kovy, but I'd understand why if they sent him packin'.

With Huet's play lately, it'd be good news if he was in the net tonight as well.
  • Options
    Well I was expecting a loss against Ottawa, but wasn't expecting good play outta the Habs, so it was a loss I can swallow. Another solid game for Kovy, who told off the media earlier in the day (told you it was them :P).
    Price is going to have to do something about that four and a half foot five hole though.

Gonna be a long long season...I should make a sig out of that..
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Well I was expecting a loss against Ottawa, but wasn't expecting good play outta the Habs, so it was a loss I can swallow. Another solid game for Kovy, who told off the media earlier in the day (told you it was them :P).
    Price is going to have to do something about that four and a half foot five hole though.

Gonna be a long long season...I should make a sig out of that..

:)

Yeah, we'll read the "played well but lost" line a lot this year, good little team, without any killer instinct, playing well, but not winning. Good thing is they HAVE to make the playoffs, so Bob will HAVE to move if they keep losing. Who, when, where, that i don't know, i just hope the "when" is soon :)
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    :)

Yeah, we'll read the "played well but lost" line a lot this year, good little team, without any killer instinct, playing well, but not winning. Good thing is they HAVE to make the playoffs, so Bob will HAVE to move if they keep losing. Who, when, where, that i don't know, i just hope the "when" is soon :)

Well I won't completely disagree, but more often than not (at least for us) the resulting moves aren't what we were looking for.

It isn't too often I can look at two losses in a row in a positive light for the team, but they really are playing well despite them. Last year it was not playing at all and losing. We need some wins for the boys to maintain their level of play. Who's up for Saturday?
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Poor Price...no longer undefeated
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    Poor Price...no longer undefeated

Nope. He had quite the open 5 last night, looked pretty sloppy for that.
  • Options
    So why does everyone think it would be terrible for the habs to trade Kovalev for Tanguay ?
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    So why does everyone think it would be terrible for the habs to trade Kovalev for Tanguay ?

Apparently only I do.
    Kovy's playing great right now.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Apparently only I do.
    Kovy's playing great right now.

Well it would be an interesting trade if it happened, yeah i'd agree Kovalev is the more talented, but Tanguay is more consistant.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    Well it would be an interesting trade if it happened, yeah i'd agree Kovalev is the more talented, but Tanguay is more consistant.

Personally I like Kovy, despite his media issues and oft-interpreted lack of interest in playing :P
  • Options
    The Tanguay rumor has been dismissed anyway, as i said was too good to be true.

Huet's up for saturday.
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    The Tanguay rumor has been dismissed anyway, as i said was too good to be true.

Huet's up for saturday.

Who're we playing on Saturday?
    I still don't think it would have been a great trade anyway.
  • Options
    Playing Buffalo
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    Playing Buffalo

Get us outta the basement or seal us in ;)
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Get us outta the basement or seal us in ;)

wow, haven't even noticed that we were in the basement... damn you :)
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    wow, haven't even noticed that we were in the basement... damn you :)

Well we aren't alone. There's half the league milling about down there with us :P
  • Options
    Awesome game last night.

Habs killed those Boourns good! 13-3 in their last 16 against them...although I don't know why they quoted 16 games on TSN...
  • Options
    two last games were great, the Habs finally scoring goals. If they keep playing like that on defense and score some goals, they could be in the playoffs...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    sorry double post...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    two last games were great, the Habs finally scoring goals. If they keep playing like that on defense and score some goals, they could be in the playoffs...

Two good ones in a row! 3 or 4 day break now I think.
    Hopefully they keep it up!
  • Options
    Wow Manny Fernandez looked fantastic lol.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Two good ones in a row! 3 or 4 day break now I think.
    Hopefully they keep it up!

Kovalev is playing great btw, i changed my mind, the one i'd like to go now is Ryder :) , getting a character player in return, and sign Forsberg to take his roster spot with Higgins and Koivu... ok i might be dreamin...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    Kovalev is playing great btw, i changed my mind, the one i'd like to go now is Ryder :) , getting a character player in return, and sign Forsberg to take his roster spot with Higgins and Koivu... ok i might be dreamin...

Forsberg won't play untill after the all-star break, and he can't stay healthy these days.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    Forsberg won't play untill after the all-star break, and he can't stay healthy these days.

And he won't be signing in Montreal, either ;)
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    And he won't be signing in Montreal, either ;)

i know he'll end up in Toronto, Fergie will give him 8 mil for half the season, lol just joking, but Fergie is that stupid.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:

Forsberg could be ready to play in mid-november, but more likely before christmas, i'd play him on the wing with Koivu and Higgins. Would be an awesome line. Yes he could be injured but i think the Habs have good depth, Ryder isn't doing much anyway and he's an UFA at the end of this season. Oh and to keep this in the dreamin section, i'd try to get Boucher for Ryder in Dallas.

Imagine when the Habs are trailing 2-1 with 1 minutes to go, Carbo sending Kovalev - Koivu - Forsberg - Higgins - Markov - Boucher... hehe, yeah definitly dreaming, will never happen.

In fact what i'm trying to say is, the Habs have a good young team, just need one good forward and maybe a 4th d-man to be one of the best in the league.
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    i know he'll end up in Toronto, Fergie will give him 8 mil for half the season, lol just joking, but Fergie is that stupid.

Haha, yeah he probably would. Put McCabe in the press box for a 25 game streak.
  • Options
    Forsberg could be ready to play in mid-november, but more likely before christmas, i'd play him on the wing with Koivu and Higgins. Would be an awesome line. Yes he could be injured but i think the Habs have good depth, Ryder isn't doing much anyway and he's an UFA at the end of this season. Oh and to keep this in the dreamin section, i'd try to get Boucher for Ryder in Dallas.

Imagine when the Habs are trailing 2-1 with 1 minutes to go, Carbo sending Kovalev - Koivu - Forsberg - Higgins - Markov - Boucher... hehe, yeah definitly dreaming, will never happen.

In fact what i'm trying to say is, the Habs have a good young team, just need one good forward and maybe a 4th d-man to be one of the best in the league.

The D is finally looking alright in Montreal. I love seeing Komisarek run people over...(especially if they're dressed in blue, cough cough!)