Options

The Montreal Canadiens Thread

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=222829&hubname=nhl
    Another solid performance by Price.
  • Options
    Price is outstanding, say i'm crazy, but he looks a lot like Patrick Roy on the ice (without the cocky attitude). Calm, freeze the puck a lot, makes hard saves look easy, control the rebound, aware of what's happening around his net (when he cut a pass on a 5-3). Anyway, not to be overexcited, but this goaltender is amazing... and he's 20 years old, future looks bright in goal.

Komisarek and Markov are one of the 3 best d-man duo in the league, what a game by Komisarek, this guy block shots with his face, and hits like a train (1st in the league in hits, 2nd in blocked shots), Markov is having a career season (1st in the league for d-man goal, 2nd for points), only too many penalties last night, but this happens sometimes. Let's hope they'll keep playing like that all year long.

Kovalev's looking great, gotta give that to you, i was wrong. How about Plekanec??? These two are making a lot of big play lately, i'm becoming a fan of Plekanec. Kovalev- Plekanec - Kostytsyn are the best line for the Habs right now.

edit: almost forgot... thank you Bryan McCabe :):D
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    Hey Grandma go give our Habs a +1 in the NHL Battle game thread :P

Kovalev is lookin' good (no Samsonov on the team). I say put that line to #1 status given the way Koivu, Higgie and Hyder are playing in comparison.

Komisarek is a machine!!
  • Options
    And Price is slowly making me a believer :P
    I'm not saying get rid of Huet, I'm just saying Price is proving me wrong.

And so long Garth.
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    :(
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    Lets go Sabres
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    1-0 Sabres holla
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    1-0 Sabres holla

Good job showing up losers. Ryder gets his 3rd, ha!
    Trade that shit.
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    Lets go Sabres

And seeing as you're playing the Sens tomorrow, I'd watch my mouth if I were you ;)
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    And seeing as you're playing the Sens tomorrow, I'd watch my mouth if I were you ;)
    As i said earlier i have to go to a shitty concert tonight with the gf, but i hope the Leafs can win tonight so i can come home to happy news after being forced to watch Fall Out Boy.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    As i said earlier i have to go to a shitty concert tonight with the gf, but i hope the Leafs can win tonight so i can come home to happy news after being forced to watch Fall Out Boy.

Well it is unlikely, but it would be a huge win if you did.
  • Options
    Another dissection of the Boourns, Chara yet again proves he's nothing more than a glorified goon.
    Good job giving the best power play in the league the last seven minutes of the game with a man advantage (with which they didn't score....).
    7-4 final.
  • Options
    Well that was expected.
    Montreal played half-good though, with more shots and faceoffs.
    The puck was being bounced all over the place and flying off body parts constantly, and every time it ended up on the stick of a Senator. It was like watching the Globetrotters make accidents look intended...
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Pops head in to say hello to Ry in his hometeam thread and to see what the Leafs look like in a Habs uniform. ;)
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    Ouch!
    Moron Senators send in the farm team against Toronto and get pissed off.
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    Pops head in to say hello to Ry in his hometeam thread and to see what the Leafs look like in a Habs uniform. ;)

And we all know WHO'S team is in a bit of a slump, eh? ;) Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more, say no more :)
  • Options
    I got more sports threads than you got games Jen!
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    Where's Grandma these days? Banned? Real life vacation?
    Not still bitching about Kovalev after last night, I hope!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=223809&hubname=nhl
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    GRANDMA IS ON TIMEOUT

and thanx for giving them a free point ...bums
  • Options
    Timeout? What'd he do?
    He always struck me as the quiet type.

And yeah, the free point....I'm still waiting for a day Montreal can maintain a goal lead for the last full 60 seconds...
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Rygar wrote:
    Timeout? What'd he do?
    He always struck me as the quiet type.

And yeah, the free point....I'm still waiting for a day Montreal can maintain a goal lead for the last full 60 seconds...

DONT KNOW what happened he just said it to me
  • Options
    i'm here i'm here, don't have much time to post, Go Habs Go...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    i'm here i'm here, don't have much time to post, Go Habs Go...

There you are!
    You let our team die in the NHL battle game :P
    It was me against the pit out there. No more faith in these clowns!

What a game last night!
    4-1? Oh Detroit you guys suck so bad. If you had any talent at all it would have been 8-1, minimum.

They said Huet's out with a groin pull, but I think Price is injured and Huet's wearing his number, judging by the 'shoot from anywhere' style of goaltending displayed last night. Great work by the team!
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Motor City Mania has run wild! :)
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    www.anothershortseason.com
    December's here, and again, another potentially mediocre season comes crashing to an end for the Montreal Canadiens.

Slightly earlier than last year, the Habs number 1 ranked power play has been floundering for a few weeks, and the even strength goals are coming in sparce bunches.

The hot hands of Alexei Kovalev have cooled faster than the Montreal weather, and Micheal Ryder proves why he's worth yearly arbitration visits.
    Captain Koivu is working hard but has nothing to show for it (my nice looking Ebay'd hand-stitched Koivu jersey Christmas present is looking like it's going from under the tree to the closet, until Sept. 08 (and back to the closet in Dec 08)).

If any solace can be taken in the current Montreal Canadien woes, it is that the number one ranked (and viewed) Ottawa Senators have lost a laughable seven games in a row.

The Toronto Maple Leafs, however, have won 3 in a row, and are therefore glory bound. Even Superstar Wade Belak potted his career high first goal in 3 or 4 years.

In related news, Another Long Season's star reporter, Even Flow?, pulled a fast one and drove a knife into my spine when I wasn't looking, taking the Habs out of the NHL battle game, leaving a bunch of no-talent assclowns and wish-we-were's to battle it out for the hearts and minds of misguided and clearly questionable pit members.
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    Motor City Mania has run wild! :)

It's just carry-over from the money-bags era.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    There you are!
    You let our team die in the NHL battle game :P
    It was me against the pit out there. No more faith in these clowns!

What a game last night!
    4-1? Oh Detroit you guys suck so bad. If you had any talent at all it would have been 8-1, minimum.

They said Huet's out with a groin pull, but I think Price is injured and Huet's wearing his number, judging by the 'shoot from anywhere' style of goaltending displayed last night. Great work by the team!

Alot of the goals did look weak, but im only judging from the highlights.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    Alot of the goals did look weak, but im only judging from the highlights.

The highlights are true, some of 'em were very weak indeed :P
    Props to Dandenault, though, for sticking up for the captain.
  • Options
    Brutal, horrible, call it what you want. So many turnovers, more than on a bantam game. Only good point is the play of Kovalev, Plekanec, Kostytsyn, others just don't care. Show some pride damn it.

If they lose in their next home game, it will be the 100 years club history worst losing streak at home... where's the fucking captain???? Do we have one????

I like the rumor from Bob Mackenzie, Koivu and Ryder for Marleau and Bernier, something got to change for this team. But trade rumors rarely come true, and Gainey is the gm, so it won't happen.

Sorry for the rant.

Pissed Habs fans.
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau