Options

The Montreal Canadiens Thread

Comments

• Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    I am usually an ardent Habs hater, but this year I can honestly say that they deserve to make the playoffs before the Leafs.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I am usually an ardent Habs hater, but this year I can honestly say that they deserve to make the playoffs before the Leafs.
    Sorry, I misread that completely.
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    Ya i know, itll be a piece of cake, just like the last time, whatever the leafs are getting in the playoffs plain and simple.

i hear a parade is already being planned for having come so close...
  • Options
    i hear a parade is already being planned for having come so close...

haha, why not? There was a celebration of "40 Years Without A Cup...And Still Going" this year.
  • Options
    Go Atlanta! (1-0 last i checked)

i predict rangers-montreal-tampa in the playoffs.. not sure what order.

if we don't finish sixth, i can't see us getting past the first round.. even though the devils have played poorly of late, brodeur is at his best against the habs.

with that said, let's get the spot first :).
  • Options
    3-2 Atlanta win in OT.. not the ideal result - but nice to be ahead with the same number of games played..
  • Options
    3-2 Atlanta win in OT.. not the ideal result - but nice to be ahead with the same number of games played..

Yeah, now the Leafs' fans can stop holding the GP over our heads :P
  • Options
    Looking good, i like the team right now, with clutch player like Kovalev and Koivu on top of their game, the Habs shouldn't miss the playoffs, well i hope so.

This kid Kostitsyn will be a great player if he continue to play with energy, everybody was talking about his shot, but the guy is also a great playmaker.
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    Looking good, i like the team right now, with clutch player like Kovalev and Koivu on top of their game, the Habs shouldn't miss the playoffs, well i hope so.

This kid Kostitsyn will be a great player if he continue to play with energy, everybody was talking about his shot, but the guy is also a great playmaker.

Most of the team is playing well (sorry Sammy) and they can always play with the best when they play with emotion. Problem is they often play 1 or 2 periods a game like they don't want to be there. They're going strong this month but it's a rough 5 games coming up!
    Kovalev is working like a horse, good to see. Koivu staying out of the box for a change gives good results, hehehe!
  • Options
    ... all that without our starting goaltender, impressive if you compare to what the Islanders are doing without Dipietro (thanks Bégin!)
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    ... all that without our starting goaltender, impressive if you compare to what the Islanders are doing without Dipietro (thanks Bégin!)

So what will Huet's return do to the team?
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Lets go Senators, im sorry Rygar had to be said.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    kenshunt wrote:

ditto
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:

I'll forgive you, but we're usually pretty evenly matched with the Sens. Aebischer has their number, but I don't expect to see him between the pipes.
    It's the games against the Sabres and Leafs that I'm more worried about.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Rygar wrote:
    I'll forgive you, but we're usually pretty evenly matched with the Sens. Aebischer has their number, but I don't expect to see him between the pipes.

your guys schedule is definitely one of the tougher stretches of 5 games remaining for all the teams in the hunt ,....
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    your guys schedule is definitely one of the tougher stretches of 5 games remaining for all the teams in the hunt ,....

Agreed, but if we can keep our play level at high intensity there shouldn't really be an argument that we can pull it off.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    I wish i could watch the Canadiens and Senators tonight, but i guess i'll settle for Hurricanes and Lightning
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    I wish i could watch the Canadiens and Senators tonight, but i guess i'll settle for Hurricanes and Lightning

It's being shown on Sportsnet East, which is probably blacked out in your area.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    So what will Huet's return do to the team?

I don't know, he was out for 6-7 weeks i think, can't expect miracle from him immediatly. But if he get back on track fast, it can only mean good things.
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    I don't know, he was out for 6-7 weeks i think, can't expect miracle from him immediatly. But if he get back on track fast, it can only mean good things.
    Yeah, he wasn't really on track when he got hurt though (streaky). I mean it might mess the chemistry that is currently working for the team. They can't bench him, he's the starter, but obviously there's a possibility that he'll flop :P
  • Options
    he's only playing if halak loses (according to carbo in the gazette this morning)

we have respectable records against both ottawa and buffalo - i'm confident..
  • Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    They are barely in the playoffs,...
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    Not that I enjoy watching the Habs tank, but fuck if I didn't call it.
  • Options
    tough loss - but they played intensely for the better part of the third... and halak kept us in, despite that really soft comrie goal. kotstitsyn amazes me every time he steps on the ice - (maybe not when he's playing defence) ..beautiful passing once again

thankfully the isles and carolina are really tanking.
  • Options
    Ty Conklin is in nets tonight - a plus i think, seeing as miller always has his A game when he plays us.

i'm somewhat worried about the hometown/province boys (pominville, roy, briere) wanting to play extra well in front of family and friends..
  • Options
    Ty Conklin is in nets tonight - a plus i think, seeing as miller always has his A game when he plays us.

i'm somewhat worried about the hometown/province boys (pominville, roy, briere) wanting to play extra well in front of family and friends..
    You will be wavin goodbye to the playoffs soon enough.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    You will be wavin goodbye to the playoffs soon enough.

agreed - late april, when buffalo beats us in six games..
  • Options
    Another big win for us, glad to see we aren't giving up.
    Keep up the hard work boys! The games against the Leafs and the Rangers will be especially important (moreso the Leafs) as losing them and 2 points for the opponent will pretty much ruin us.
    Ah well, tonight's battle is over for the better. Night troops.
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    huge win, wow
    this race is awesome

i believe we play the leafs on the final game of the season? that'll be insane if it still has playoff implications
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    Nice result!

Shame the leafs won after that comeback (hope the person who passed out is ok)...

do you get rds in NS?