Options

The Montreal Canadiens Thread

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    kenshunt wrote:
    Well the goals went in last night, great sweep of the Flyers.
    Yep, ended up good.
    This week is looking rather disastrous. 'nother 2 pts for the Rangers tomorrow.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Yep, ended up good.
    This week is looking rather disastrous. 'nother 2 pts for the Rangers tomorrow.
    I stand corrected.

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/onrait/?id=230089
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=230075&hubname=nhl
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    So i saw the comeback on Tsn last night i was stunned, fucking rangers.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    So i saw the comeback on Tsn last night i was stunned, fucking rangers.
    Go check out the NHL trade deadline thread, I put a link in there for you.

Also good to see history can still be made after 100 years ;)
  • Options
    Wow!

One of the best game i've seen in my life, incredible. You can say that the 7th player really had an impact last night. Wish i was there.

Komisarek is definitly the next captain of this team, what a player, and he's still young. The way he shut Dubinsky's loud mouth in the first was one of the turning point in this game...

Hope everyone around here doing fine!
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    Wow!

One of the best game i've seen in my life, incredible. You can say that the 7th player really had an impact last night. Wish i was there.

Komisarek is definitly the next captain of this team, what a player, and he's still young. The way he shut Dubinsky's loud mouth in the first was one of the turning point in this game...

Hey Grandma, been a while!
    You could have heard the Bell Centre from Ottawa last night it seems.
    Crowd was a little 'too into it' for the Rags fans!
  • Options
    Wow!

Where the hell have you been lol, its been me and Ry keeping this thing going and im a Leafs fan hehe.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    Where the hell have you been lol, its been me and Ry keeping this thing going and im a Leafs fan hehe.
    For a Laff's fan, you're not half bad.
  • Options
    Stick a form in 'em.
  • Options
    I'm going to make a brief visit here if you may. Obviously Hossa was expensive so they probably gave up on chasing him, but with the good situation in the standings i think you should've gone after Havlat maybe. If Huet was going to be traded Chicago would've probably taken a good goalie prospect for a pick and given Havlat in exhange. He's injury prone for sure but could've given a good offensive threat and his skill&speed would've made him a good fit in Canadiens. Certainly a better deal IMHO than Huet-draft pick one, also pure speculation and perhaps Havlat wasn't even availabel for a reasonable price.

Good luck anyway from a Finnish Islanders fan...don't laugh :D
  • Options
    I didn't care about picking up anyone, but trading away the starting goalie for a trip for two to Seaworld makes about as much sense as trading away the starting goalie for a trip for two to Seaworld.....
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    I didn't care about picking up anyone, but trading away the starting goalie for a trip for two to Seaworld makes about as much sense as trading away the starting goalie for a trip for two to Seaworld.....

Yes pretty much seems that even with no trades at all would've been a better situation than what you got but IF Huet was going to be shipped it probably would've been better to get a player worth something now or at least a 1st round pick.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Well i am amazed that they didn't aquire at least hedberg, but trading huet for nothing was stupid.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    Well i am amazed that they didn't aquire at least hedberg, but trading huet for nothing was stupid.
    Gainey thinks Halak/Price can do as good a job as Huet/Price. Halak and Price are both good goaltenders (there was interest in both yesterday, btw) but the playoffs are going to be a different story, as everyone knows.
    I don't see how he couldn't get more than an '09 second rounder, but it is what it is now. He obviously didn't think Huet was coming back after this year.

I'll say good job on not biting the Hossa bullet. ATL wanted Higgins, Ryder, Grabovski (all of whom were in the game last night) and a prospect or draft....that would have been worse than trading Huet for a 2nd rounder.

I'm skeptical of our chances now, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

In the meantime, Carey Price called me last night and told me to shut my f%ckin' trap.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Gainey thinks Halak/Price can do as good a job as Huet/Price. Halak and Price are both good goaltenders (there was interest in both yesterday, btw) but the playoffs are going to be a different story, as everyone knows.
    I don't see how he couldn't get more than an '09 second rounder, but it is what it is now. He obviously didn't think Huet was coming back after this year.

I'll say good job on not biting the Hossa bullet. ATL wanted Higgins, Ryder, Grabovski (all of whom were in the game last night) and a prospect or draft....that would have been worse than trading Huet for a 2nd rounder.

I'm skeptical of our chances now, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

In the meantime, Carey Price called me last night and told me to shut my f%ckin' trap.
    Well did he shut ur trap last night, i only wish Price stayed long enough for the Leafs to draft him a few years back, but out of no where mtl knew toronto wanted him and mtl grabbed him lol, but who knows, fergie prolly would have traded him to boston for raycroft, but i was hoping mtl was going to throw the farm away for hossa, but gainey showed he had common sense not to trade for a guy who doesn't show up at playoff time.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    Well did he shut ur trap last night, i only wish Price stayed long enough for the Leafs to draft him a few years back, but out of no where mtl knew toronto wanted him and mtl grabbed him lol, but who knows, fergie prolly would have traded him to boston for raycroft, but i was hoping mtl was going to throw the farm away for hossa, but gainey showed he had common sense not to trade for a guy who doesn't show up at playoff time.
    He held common sense last year too, and the fans went bonkers. Half of the Habs fans would trade the top two lines for one superstar.
    Halak almost got us into the playoffs last year (should have been in goal the last game...tsk tsk), and he's the top goalie in the AHL (I think) this year. We'll see how that translates to the NHL...
    Price and Huet are both inconsistent to some degree, so it might not be that big a change.
    Oh well.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    He held common sense last year too, and the fans went bonkers. Half of the Habs fans would trade the top two lines for one superstar.
    Halak almost got us into the playoffs last year (should have been in goal the last game...tsk tsk), and he's the top goalie in the AHL (I think) this year. We'll see how that translates to the NHL...
    Price and Huet are both inconsistent to some degree, so it might not be that big a change.
    Oh well.
    Halak i think Gainey said had the best save percentage in the AHL, and he had the best one last year as well.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    Halak i think Gainey said had the best save percentage in the AHL, and he had the best one last year as well.
    My fingers are crossed ;)
    I understand why Huet's gone, I'm just a bit surprised.
  • Options
    Sportsnet was saying Atlanta wanted Higgins, S. Kostitsyn and Plekanec plus a pick for Hossa....wtf....
  • Options
    Honourable mention for the brief period of time that we're number 1!
  • Options
    Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank!

Horrible game by Price, the defence, and to a lesser degree, the officials.
    Some real laffers let in by Price. Halak on Thursday!
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    just saw the spin-o-rama on sportscenter wow
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    just saw the spin-o-rama on sportscenter wow
    Did you see Thorton score from behind the net, or the guy score from the neutral zone? Yikes!
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Did you see Thorton score from behind the net, or the guy score from the neutral zone? Yikes!

i saw the behind the net in the 1st

but i went to bed then

neutral zone also :eek:
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i saw the behind the net in the 1st

but i went to bed then

neutral zone also :eek:
    I dunno if the puck bounced or if Price unintentionally deflected it up over himself when he tried to stop it, but the shot from the neutral zone went along the ice until right in front of him then went up over him into the net.
    Wasted opportunity with Ottawa losing to the Ducks (and with bad reffing in the Habs-Sharks game, they have got nothing on the horrific reffing in the Ducks-Sens game!)
  • Options
    14-5 shots in favor of the coyotes in the first, hehehe, this oughta go well...
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,130
    going pretty well now, three straight power plays, two goals, canadiens up by one.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    going pretty well now, three straight power plays, two goals, canadiens up by one.
    Turned out good for us despite the sleepy offense, great rebound for Price stopping 37 of 39 shots after his horrid outing in SJ.
    LA tomorrow.
  • Options
    nice 3rd period last night
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    nice 3rd period last night
    Works for me. 7 pts from 1st to 8th, there's no room for losses now.