Options

London Crew Baby :D

Comments

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    V V wrote:
    i haven't heard anything but i havent asked ! hahaha

Well... you know what you need to do..... ASK!!!!! There are lots of musicians in London that could be guests...... :D
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Well... you know what you need to do..... ASK!!!!! There are lots of musicians in London that could be guests...... :D
    Get the ball rolling red.... who would you want to see?
  • Options
    I would love our good friend Robert Plant.. could you imagine Keith and Pete playing with Mike? Or maybe Cornell making a little hop over from Paris (unless he's on a tour of his own by then.....)
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    redrock wrote:
    Or maybe Cornell making a little hop over from Paris (unless he's on a tour of his own by then.....)

that would be wholly unspecial for me :o sorry, i know you guys love him and stuff but he's not in the realms of "magical concert memory"

Plant, Page, Townshend, etc, etc... that would be 'special'

but everyone has different ideas about this... which is a good thing, it'd be shit being sheep!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    ...but cornell and vedder are sooooo good together!!!!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

"its already been said, been said and done"*

sure it'd be cool.... but its a 10club floor... i want something cool

* lyrics edited for effect
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    I vote we have Hercule le One Man Band!
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    dunkman wrote:
    from an interview by Jeff Ament (posted on Porch)

JA: I’ve probably told you too much already, man! (laughs) No, just kidding (laughs) All I know is we have Europe coming up in June, some festivals there as well as a few other shows. Copenhagen is going to be very special, obviously, and we have some cool stuff planned for the show in London…

CG: At Wembley, yeah?

:D:D: :):):):):):):):D:D

It has to be The Who.
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    redrock wrote:

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o **goes weak at the knees** (the two sexyest men on the planet)

I think it surely must be a British Star ! the who would be lovely :) Plant would be cool !
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    It has to be The Who.

I could look up their tour dates but I'm lazy... are they available wembley day?
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    :o:o:o:o:o:o:o **goes weak at the knees** (the two sexyest men on the planet)

I think it surely must be a British Star ! the who would be lovely :) Plant would be cool !

**goes weak with VV**

Plant WOULD be cool..... I'd prefer Plant to Daltrey.... Maybe we'll get the London equivalent to Paddy whatshisface from Dublin :eek:
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    I could look up their tour dates but I'm lazy... are they available wembley day?

Not sure. :confused:
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    It's a 'transcript' from the BDO forums. The rumours over there somehow manage to be less reliable than the ones that start here. Seriously.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    redrock wrote:
    **goes weak with VV**

Plant WOULD be cool..... I'd prefer Plant to Daltrey.... Maybe we'll get the London equivalent to Paddy whatshisface from Dublin :eek:

yes but i#d love to see Townsend !!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    danleridanleri Posts: 497
    Byrnzie wrote:
    It has to be The Who.

I agree. I'm sure it will be The Who, which I will see in Dublin only a few days after London...
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    No Who... checked on their tour - they will be in Germany.....

Hinny... it will be special one way or the other.. the only gig with the floor being all 10C!

We always speculate on guests... that's part of the fun.....
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

:-(

pity tho... that would've been fantastic! and it leaves us with even more speculations now...
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    dunkman wrote:
    that would be wholly unspecial for me :o sorry, i know you guys love him and stuff but he's not in the realms of "magical concert memory"

Plant, Page, Townshend, etc, etc... that would be 'special'

but everyone has different ideas about this... which is a good thing, it'd be shit being sheep!!!

I have to agree with dunky.. :o

generally I've nothing against mr Cornell but after all the "whoaaa, it's gonna be great, there's a special surprise" I'd be a bit let down. not that I wouldn't enjoy the concert still though.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    redrock wrote:

Hinny... it will be special one way or the other.. the only gig with the floor being all 10C!

We always speculate on guests... that's part of the fun.....

Are they actually playing on the 18th in Germany?
  • Options
    The Who
    Date: 18/06/07
    Venue: Stadtpark Freilichbuhne - Hamburg, Germany

Right, so it's a festival. Maybe they'll fly over afterwards to join PJ? Hmm, probably not though.
    Maybe the Buzzcocks or The Stereophonics?

Or maybe Grinderman will support? :)
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    so... this may be a stupid question but with all the speculation after that 'interview' posted this morning.... what would people prefer

1) guest appearance by super-duper errr guest(s) - Neil Young, The Who etc etc, OR
    2) a super-duper support band - Neil Young & Crazy Horse, The Who... ;) OR
    3) lots more PJ, maybe an acoustic set to start. something like the 07/11/2003 show :)

?
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    so... this may be a stupid question but with all the speculation after that 'interview' posted this morning.... what would people prefer

1) guest appearance by super-duper errr guest(s) - Neil Young, The Who etc etc, OR
    2) a super-duper support band - Neil Young & Crazy Horse, The Who... ;) OR
    3) lots more PJ, maybe an acoustic set to start. something like the 07/11/2003 show :)

?

The Who's doubtful. See above. Although it depends on the time difference between Hamburg and London. If it's 2 hours then they may jet over. Who knows? (Please excuse the pun! :o )

Edit: Just checked - Hamburg is only 1 hour ahead of London.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I dunnae mind what happens... as long as Pearl Jam still play... cos that'd be pretty deadly! :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    I dunnae mind what happens... as long as Pearl Jam still play... cos that'd be pretty deadly! :D

Yeah, but the more the merrier! :)
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Byrnzie wrote:
    The Who's doubtful. See above. Although it depends on the time difference between Hamburg and London. If it's 2 hours then they may jet over. Who knows? (Please excuse the pun! :o )

yeah, i know, i was just trying to think of someone super-duper enough. so not that Cornell bloke that people keep wittering on about ;)

personally, i 'd go for option 3 please, Bob.
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    None of them would be anyway exciting personally... maybe someone completely unexpected like Kerry King or something mad like that!!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    The Who
    Date: 18/06/07
    Venue: Stadtpark Freilichbuhne - Hamburg, Germany

Right, so it's a festival. Maybe they'll fly over afterwards to join PJ? Hmm, probably not though.
    Maybe the Buzzcocks or The Stereophonics?

Or maybe Grinderman will support? :)
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :eek: good god, NOT the stereophonics :eek: they are the most boring live band on the face of the earth... they did have some pretty catchy tunes but as a front man, Kelly Jones has NO charisma or even life about him.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    so not that Cornell bloke that people keep wittering on about ;)

i KNOW!!! i'd actually be at the bar if he comes on

his reputation on here far outweighs his body of work

a duet with EV on hunger strike IS his body of work... best thing he's done

so if he showed up i'd only know that song and maybe the chorus of Black Hole Sun or whatever... i'd be royally peeved!!

something cool to me means ... just a "fan-club" type of setlist... rareties, stone singing, strippers on the stage... that kinda thing

but please NO Walls Cornello... or some other shite Ed fascination band like fucking Sleater Pishey reforming or something
  • Options
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :eek: good god, NOT the stereophonics :eek: they are the most boring live band on the face of the earth... they did have some pretty catchy tunes but as a front man, Kelly Jones has NO charisma or even life about him.

hihihi i agree! well... it's defo not The Who... somebedy above was talking about an acoustic set before the show... that'd be very very nice!
  • Options

I bet you weren't saying that outside the George in April? :rolleyes:

I like em. I think they're pretty cool. :cool: