Options

London Crew Baby :D

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Binaural wrote:
    Hey Al, I just remembered, you complained to be at the top of the Irish Gathering list, so in return I demand to be at the top of this list! :D

then that would put you above me... so no ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    IrishJam wrote:
    i remember in line in dublin what constituted a pisser for me was behind
    the vans in parking lot....it wasn't noticeable anyway as it was pissing rain also at the time...no queues either

I remember that. I was bursting for a piss as i was having to down a shit load of beers at the front gate before going in. Why is there never a pisser available when you need one? :confused: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    IrishJamIrishJam Posts: 307
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I remember that. I was bursting for a piss as i was having to down a shit load of beers at the front gate before going in. Why is there never a pisser available when you need one? :confused: :rolleyes:

yeah i got caught with 3 half bottles of wine on my person seen as my good wife would not help me try to smuggle them in.
    I wasn't handing them over so the extra fluids caught me out in the line.
    ah well...came back into line to photo evidence of my misdemeanor
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam
  • Options
    Anybody flyin out from Belfast? Four of us here goin, two tenclub and two seating, can't fuckin wait! twice inside a year!
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    dunkman wrote:
    then that would put you above me... so no ;)

Ahhh, nice to see that generous and selfless personality didn't go out the window along with the screen name :D:p
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    How far is Stansted from Wembley? Is it walkable/ affordable by taxi/ impossibly far etc?

Dublin 08/06
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Impossibly far...... everything worthwhile is impossibly far from Stansted.
  • Options
    Binaural wrote:
    How far is Stansted from Wembley? Is it walkable/ affordable by taxi/ impossibly far etc?

its quite far i believe

just checked google maps its a walkable 42.1 miles :D

train methinks!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    think i'll come down a day early and paint the town red, red! i can get a travelodge for £26 just :cool: or perhaps i'll ask some kind soul on here for a bed :)
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    its quite far i believe

just checked google maps its a walkable 42.1 miles :D

train methinks!!!
    How long do you think it'll take? I am royaly shafted

Dublin 08/06
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    499703001170499797.gif
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Guys .. seriously what do you think are the chances of me getting decent seated tickets for my 10c tickets. I mean, I dont want to end up sitting right at the back behind a big pillar or something. I'll feckin take me chances on the floor if i have to !!! (ok , maybe not)
    But if you hear of anyone with good seated tickets to swap for my two will you let me know - was kinda lookin forward to the craic but c'est la vie - :)
    "Underneath this smile lies everything
    All my hopes and anger, pride and shame
    Make myself a pact not to shut doors on the past
    Just for today I am free"

Dublin 23/08/2006 ~~~Reading 27/08/2006

Wembley June '07 !!
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    Binaural wrote:
    How long do you think it'll take? I am royaly shafted

alright chief?

well the stansted express to liverpool street: 45mins

liverpool street - baker st on tube 20mins

baker st - wembley : 30mins maybe?

you can get overland train from marylebone station - that takes just 9 mins but they only run every half hour...
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    Anybody flyin out from Belfast? Four of us here goin, two tenclub and two seating, can't fuckin wait! twice inside a year!

nice one! :cool:

i fly from the city airport to stansted with airberlin on the monday morning 9.05 early bird flight i think...
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    yo!

so where is everyone staying in londinium???

doug
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    im in the ibis across the street from the arena!!!
  • Options
    Binaural wrote:

The Stansted express to Liverpool Street takes about 30 minutes. A return ticket to come back the next day will cost you about £25. The train runs right from under Stansted airport. Then take the Metropolitan line train from Liverpool street to Wembley Park, which will take about 20 - 30 minutes. Simple.

London tube map..

http://cache.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/pdfdocs/colourmap.pdf
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    The Stansted express to Liverpool Street takes about 30 minutes. A return ticket to come back the next day will cost you about £25. The train runs right from under Stansted airport. Then take the Metropolitan line train from Liverpool street to Wembley, which will take about 20 - 30 minutes. Simple.

London tube map..

http://cache.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/pdfdocs/colourmap.pdf

even better - cool, now where did i get that baker street idea???
  • Options
    belfast1 wrote:
    im in the ibis across the street from the arena!!!

http://www.ibishotel.com/ibis/fichehotel/gb/ibi/3141/fiche_hotel.shtml

This one :confused:

I was going to stay in a Travel Inn or something, but now I'm just going for whatever is closest. In Dublin, I stayed in a hotel really close to The Point and that was great for walking to and from the show :)
  • Options
    http://www.ibishotel.com/ibis/fichehotel/gb/ibi/3141/fiche_hotel.shtml

This one :confused:

I was going to stay in a Travel Inn or something, but now I'm just going for whatever is closest. In Dublin, I stayed in a hotel really close to The Point and that was great for walking to and from the show :)

yeah thats it!
  • Options
    150 quid for 2 people for 2 nights.....is that good?
  • Options
    duggro wrote:
    So that's £37.5 a night? That is pretty good for London.
  • Options
    duggro wrote:

I know that in the Victoria area where i work there are plenty of hotels which all charge about £50 a night for a room with a double bed. They charge for the room and not for the amount of people staying in it. You may wanna just do that instead. There's loads of hotels around Buckingham palace road, Eccleston square. Hugh street has about 4 hotels on it which charge £50 a night for a double bed room. It's also quite a nice area, and obviously it's right near to Victoria station which is a main hub, and tube connection point.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=528866&y=178720&z=1&sv=528866,178720&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

The only thing with these hotels is that you probably couldn't book them online. You'll just need to turn up on the day and pay.
  • Options
    duggro wrote:

How'd you get that? It cost us £162!
    "Underneath this smile lies everything
    All my hopes and anger, pride and shame
    Make myself a pact not to shut doors on the past
    Just for today I am free"

Dublin 23/08/2006 ~~~Reading 27/08/2006

Wembley June '07 !!
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    I was going to stay in a Travel Inn or something, but now I'm just going for whatever is closest.

The Travel Inn in Wembley, which is 0.5 miles from the arena I believe, is fully booked. I wanted to stay there but didn't book my room right away and when I wanted to do it yesterday it said no rooms available... :(
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    right i just got a booking possibility at the travel inn and at the ibis........which should i pick?!?
  • Options
    ok, ibis has been provisionally booked
  • Options
    belfast1 wrote:
    alright chief?

well the stansted express to liverpool street: 45mins

liverpool street - baker st on tube 20mins

baker st - wembley : 30mins maybe?

you can get overland train from marylebone station - that takes just 9 mins but they only run every half hour...

Thank you soooo much. My only problem is getting back, I need to get to the airport by 3 AM after the gig to fly to Dusseldorf. Not that will take some investigating. *sigh* This is not going to be as easy as I hoped :(:D

Dublin 08/06
  • Options
    Just booked two nights at the Ibis, thanks belfast1!!

If anyone is travelling to london from anywhere else in England, you can get a coach from National Express. I just got return tickets, for two people, for £42!!
  • Options
    Just booked two nights at the Ibis, thanks belfast1!!

If anyone is travelling to london from anywhere else in England, you can get a coach from National Express. I just got return tickets, for two people, for £42!!

no worries - look forward to seeing you and all the pearlyjammers there!!! :cool: