Options

London Crew Baby :D

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Why??
    Because I need 3 nights - Sat, Sun, Mon .. Saturday night is £80!!..
    Plus it's 2 ½ miles away from the arena.. ½ a mile from the nearest tube station and not a direct route to Wembley

I was booked in there but changed to the Premier Inn at Harrow .. it's literally "over the road" from Kenton tube station and 600m from another tube station that goes direct to Wembley Park (just 2 stops) ... and £86.50 p/p for the 3 nights works out cheaper for me :)

You did ask ;):D

i only asked why nobody had booked it for the night of the gig... yours is a different predicament :)

but thanks for the itinerary ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Binaural wrote:
    Shit cause I need to be at Stansted by 3:30 AM at the lastest. How much would a taxi cost? Sorry about all the questions but I'd rather get as much planned now as possible.

You may wanna check to see if any coaches go from London - Stansted at about 12am. Check with National Express.

Edit: Just checked it. Looks like you're in luck!

http://www.nationalexpress.com/bp/b2.cfm?id=79024647
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    We land in Stanstead on the day of the show at around 9.10am. So would it be best for us to get a bus to Wembley? I ain't forking over loads and loads for a taxi.
    Or is the tube the best bet?

Your best bet is to get the train. Stansteds about 50 miles north of London. Just get the Stansted Express train from the airport to London Liverpool street.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Your best bet is to get the train. Stansteds about 50 miles north of London. Just get the Stansted Express train from the airport to London Liverpool street.
    and get a tube from liverpool street :)
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Byrnzie wrote:
    You may wanna check to see if any coaches go from London - Stansted at about 12am. Check with National Express.

Edit: Just checked it. Looks like you're in luck!

http://www.nationalexpress.com/bp/b2.cfm?id=79024647

Oh my god, you have no idea how grateful I am. Will a pint of your choice suffice? :D
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    are you SURE it's on the 19th your flight? why on earth did you book that one? you have 2 entire days to get to Düsseldorf!

Taxi or coach from Victoria Station maybe. that's it, no other solution.

I know it's a pain in the ass but I'm not bothered about staying London, I'd rather spend extra time in Germany and besides I got cheap flights off of ryanair.com so I'm not complaining. When you flyin out to Dusseldorf?

Dublin 08/06
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    dunkman wrote:
    hi baby!!

:D

hey dunky! :p
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    'Allo 'allo :D
    Surely Sunday is the ONE day a week noone has anything to do and can sit on the comp all day discussing the tour and the travels :rolleyes::D

Dublin 08/06
  • Options
    Binaural wrote:
    'Allo 'allo :D
    Surely Sunday is the ONE day a week noone has anything to do and can sit on the comp all day discussing the tour and the travels :rolleyes::D

hey hey. :D

lol. actually, Sunday is the ONE day when there are very few people here.. :confused::p
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    hey hey. :D

lol. actually, Sunday is the ONE day when there are very few people here.. :confused::p

I know, crazy pearl jam fans :rolleyes::p
    I now only have to sort out my Nijgemen travel plans and I am sorted for flights! Hostels should be done by the end of the week. Roll on june! :D
    Hows your travel preperations going?

Dublin 08/06
  • Options
    Binaural wrote:
    I now only have to sort out my Nijgemen travel plans and I am sorted for flights! Hostels should be done by the end of the week. Roll on june! :D

well, duh! :p

no way?! :eek: I'm in the middle of nowhere with my plans. well, I've got plans but nothing for sure yet.. :o just trying to see if maybe trains would be a better form of transport than planes. and by better I mean cheaper, lol. :rolleyes: :D
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    well, duh! :p

no way?! :eek: I'm in the middle of nowhere with my plans. well, I've got plans but nothing for sure yet.. :o just trying to see if maybe trains would be a better form of transport than planes. and by better I mean cheaper, lol. :rolleyes: :D

Thats what I had to think about, trains are cheaper but more difficult and easier to mess up. http://www.ryanair.com. Free flights until midnight tomorrow (Monday). You only pay tax:eek:. Hopefully this is of some use! :)

Dublin 08/06
  • Options
    Binaural wrote:
    Thats what I had to think about, trains are cheaper but more difficult and easier to mess up. http://www.ryanair.com. Free flights until midnight tomorrow (Monday). You only pay tax:eek:. Hopefully this is of some use! :)

yeah. fecking difficult! I mean, I do understand English very well but it's really tiring trying to figure out the train stuff.. :o

I've lost my trust on Ryanair ever since the day the didn't let me spell my name correctly on their site therefore making it impossible for me to purchase any flights.. :mad: :confused:
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    yeah. fecking difficult! I mean, I do understand English very well but it's really tiring trying to figure out the train stuff.. :o

I've lost my trust on Ryanair ever since the day the didn't let me spell my name correctly on their site therefore making it impossible for me to purchase any flights.. :mad: :confused:

Where is the first show you're going to? London?
    That sucks. I'm sure if you email them and explain what happened last time they can explain what to do, I mean you'd save alot of money by booking before tomorrow midnight. And if that fails, build your own 747, it'd be easy, then everyone can travel together :D;):p

Dublin 08/06
  • Options
    Binaural wrote:
    Where is the first show you're going to? London?
    That sucks. I'm sure if you email them and explain what happened last time they can explain what to do, I mean you'd save alot of money by booking before tomorrow midnight. And if that fails, build your own 747, it'd be easy, then everyone can travel together :D;):p

yup, London - Dusseldorf - Copenhagen. also have to decide on spending the days between shows in Dusseldorf or Copenhagen. :) lol. and that would depend on the hostel situation. :D

yeah, maybe I should email them. even if I couldn't book flights by that time I still might save. :p

now there's an idea! also probably wouldn't cost much cause what do you need in a 747 anyhoo? a few pieces of wood or something? :p
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    yup, London - Dusseldorf - Copenhagen. also have to decide on spending the days between shows in Dusseldorf or Copenhagen. :) lol. and that would depend on the hostel situation. :D

yeah, maybe I should email them. even if I couldn't book flights by that time I still might save. :p

now there's an idea! also probably wouldn't cost much cause what do you need in a 747 anyhoo? a few pieces of wood or something? :p
    Yeah my hostel situation is wierd, I'm not sure what to do for Dusseldorf and Nijgemen, I'm just gonna see if anyone wants to split rooms, it'd be nice to get two or three people to go for a shared room that way there would be a bit of craic.
    And some paperclips, aside from that they basicaly build themselves :D

Dublin 08/06
  • Options
    Binaural wrote:
    Yeah my hostel situation is wierd, I'm not sure what to do for Dusseldorf and Nijgemen, I'm just gonna see if anyone wants to split rooms, it'd be nice to get two or three people to go for a shared room that way there would be a bit of craic.

yeah.. well, if nothing else works out maybe we can split a room for Dusseldorf.. although I will be arriving after you.. :p:)

ahh, I can't find an email address from the Ryanair site and I will certainly not call them (50 cents per minute!!). ah well.. :rolleyes:

ah cool, better start building then. :D
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    yeah.. well, if nothing else works out maybe we can split a room for Dusseldorf.. although I will be arriving after you.. :p:)

ahh, I can't find an email address from the Ryanair site and I will certainly not call them (50 cents per minute!!). ah well.. :rolleyes:

Yeah that'd be handy, cause it looked like I might be on my own at the germany and holland shows which wouldn't have been so great.:p
    So I do all the hardwork finding the place and you just show up at your own pace? :rolleyes::D:p
    Got to love money grabbing support services :rooleyes::D

Dublin 08/06
  • Options
    Yeah man ... I'm IN

SPEARHEAD will be there ... WEMBLEY will ROCK us ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    Maybe you should put a link to the blog on the first post?
    amongstthewav.es
    2006 - Leeds Festival
    2007 - London
    2009 - Manchester / London
    2010 - Berlin
    2012 - Manchester I / Manchester II / EV Manchester
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Binaural wrote:

I'm up for that in Dusseldorf.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    vivifluviviflu Posts: 122
    Binaural wrote:

just waiting to get my credit card bill, so I can start charging hotels on it for next month :D
    Fighting fire with fire since world's birth, bumping into the same stone over and over again... and we call this evolution?
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:

:eek: :eek: eMMI!! You aren't flirting with Binaural now are you? First of all it's Steve, then him. I don't know :p;)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Binaural wrote:
    I know it's a pain in the ass but I'm not bothered about staying London, I'd rather spend extra time in Germany and besides I got cheap flights off of ryanair.com so I'm not complaining. When you flyin out to Dusseldorf?
    you're going to kick yourself if they end up adding a UK show on the 19th!! I'm not taking the chance!
    not flying to Düsseldorf...either van/bus all the way, or Train to Brussels then Van/car...still working on that.
  • Options
    mole1985 wrote:
    I'm up for that in Dusseldorf.
    cool. il set up a thread and see if we can organise something.

Dublin 08/06
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    you're going to kick yourself if they end up adding a UK show on the 19th!! I'm not taking the chance!
    not flying to Düsseldorf...either van/bus all the way, or Train to Brussels then Van/car...still working on that.
    They won't, it's booked for Ozzy Osbourne that night :D:p
    Cool, do find it easier/cheaper to travel without flying? I just did it because it was easier :confused:

Dublin 08/06
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Binaural wrote:
    They won't, it's booked for Ozzy Osbourne that night :D:p
    Cool, do find it easier/cheaper to travel without flying? I just did it because it was easier :confused:

she said another UK date... it doesnt have to be at Wembley Arena ;):p
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    she said another UK date... it doesnt have to be at Wembley Arena ;):p
    One day you're gonna leave yourself open for such sarcasm.....one day.....:D:p:D

Dublin 08/06
  • Options
    :eek: :eek: eMMI!! You aren't flirting with Binaural now are you? First of all it's Steve, then him. I don't know :p;)

whhaaat!? I wasn't aware of any flirting.. :o:p

all I'm saying is that maybe we could split a room.. that would save expenses AND we wouldn't have to be alone. for instance, I've never been in Germany. :eek: besides, he's giving me his spare for Dusseldorf. :p (lol. I hope he still remembers that. :D)
  • Options
    Binaural wrote:
    Yeah that'd be handy, cause it looked like I might be on my own at the germany and holland shows which wouldn't have been so great.:p
    So I do all the hardwork finding the place and you just show up at your own pace? :rolleyes::D:p
    Got to love money grabbing support services :rooleyes::D

yeah. :p and nevermind stoney, she's just crazy! :eek: :D:D:D

I think that's a good plan. :p besides, there's no way I'm gonna fly/whatever outta London straight after the show!

indeedy, I will not call unless my life depends on it. and at this moment it doesn't.