London Crew Baby :D

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Not until Sunday Little man

oh boo!!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    dunkman wrote:
    oh boo!!!!

Not to long to have to wait though.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    Not to long to have to wait though.

woo-hoo!!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Wahey!! Are they as cool as last years?
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    redrock wrote:
    **peeks at thread**
    **talking about pissing in shoes, travel sickeness, domestics in Al's household**
    **disgusting and depressing... leaves thread and goes back to the garden**

Thank fuck for that...she brings us down....man :p
    The badges have arrived :D

And they look fit as fuck

Don't forget to save one for Irish Al on Monday sweetiepie ;)
    I need a coffee!
    Wahey!! Are they as cool as last years?

here's hoping... i'm guessing Rob's put union jack boobs on these ones!!!
    Love Reign O'er Me soundchecked in Munich :eek: :eek:

also Sometimes as well :eek: :eek:

i'm hoping for some No Code stuff in Londonium
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Looks like i'm still on for London and the rest of my PJ tour.

Me and my sisters are flying out to see my dad tomorrow, and coming back on Friday, at least that is the plan at the moment. This way I will know he's ok. There's not much point us hanging around there for long as we can't do anything really, but we just need to see him.

Thanks for everyones kind words yesterday. You guys rock.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    audiodave wrote:

Me and my sisters are flying out to see my dad tomorrow, and coming back on Friday, at least that is the plan at the moment. This way I will know he's ok. There's not much point us hanging around there for long as we can't do anything really, but we just need to see him.

Hope he's OK Dave... we'll see you at wembley.. :D
    audiodave wrote:
    Thanks for everyones kind words yesterday. You guys rock. Especially Dunkman. I'm going to buy him a drink and ask if i can stroke his hair

thanks for that audio... you're a gent :)

armpit hair? nasal hair? heid hair?
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    audiodave wrote:

"Its OK, its okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...."

:o Here's my knid words now ;)

Heres to the rockin pops :D
    I need a coffee!
    2nd page :eek:

Bump :)
  • I can't be arsed to read all this! Someone PM me with the pub we're meeting at on Monday afternoon, pre-gig! :)
    I can't be arsed to read all this! Someone PM me with the pub we're meeting at on Monday afternoon, pre-gig! :)

Different thread fins.... first post

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=245533&page=5
    oh man is it getting fucking closer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

:excited:

:stiffy:

:whoops:

:messy:

:hankies:
    Promise not to stand behind me during the show Dunk.
    Hitch.. euuuwwwwwww! :eek:
    redrock wrote:
    Hitch.. euuuwwwwwww! :eek:
    just sayin what we're all thinkin.
  • rockaholicrockaholic Posts: 28
    wembley will be my 20th show! my 1st in UK so we got a wembley virgin on your hands.... ;) i got 2 days off from work and planning to enjoy every second of it.

anyone know i u can bring a cardboard poster tube into wembley, or is security afraid we might bonk each other on the noggin?

thanks guys
    91:OffRamp,RKCNDY
    92:Lollapalooza; Drop in the Park
    96:Sea 98:Sea 00:Sea
    01:Sea, 02:Sea, 03:Van
    05:Gorge,Van, 06:Gorge,Bridge
    07:Wembley 08: EV Van, Rock Honors-LA
    09:Sea,Portland 10:London 11:PJ20,Van,EV-Benaroya
    12:Missoula,EV-Vegas
  • csaroldicsaroldi Posts: 14
    hey all... its me (the ghost) again... i just cant wait for this london show. I need it ... lol

they played FOOTSTEPS. i got shit, sad... present tense. in germany... =/
    i wanted to hear those alive... now, i dont think they might play those again so soon, at least footsteps.... I dont know.. they almost never play footsteps... but i will have 2 chances yet... here in london and in nijmegen...

maybe even love boat !!! do i want too much ???

well... i will just stick with my hopes .... anyway

cheers all
    rockaholic wrote:
    wembley will be my 20th show! my 1st in UK so we got a wembley virgin on your hands.... ;) i got 2 days off from work and planning to enjoy every second of it.

anyone know i u can bring a cardboard poster tube into wembley, or is security afraid we might bonk each other on the noggin?

thanks guys

i dont think you're allowed to bring poster tubes in (i repeat I THINK) but maybe email the venue and ask them?

brilliant that you are coming over, 2 days off work just though... man you're going to be one tired worker come wednesday :):D
    dunkman wrote:
    i dont think you're allowed to bring poster tubes in (i repeat I THINK) but maybe email the venue and ask them?
    I was wondering the same thing and called the venue yesterday... The lady there said poster tubes won't be a problem but must be left with the 'bag depository'.. apparently for standing they don't have a 'proper' cloakroom but there will be a place to leave bags and such...... But you may want to get that confirmed, just in case.
    redrock wrote:
    The lady there said poster tubes won't be a problem but must be left with the 'bag depository'...

the 'bag depository'... when did we float across the Atlantic and become american!!

talking of which, my eldest said to me a few days ago that an animal on her book was a "jagwhar".. a what? "a jagwhar"... when i said it was a "jag-you-ar" she laughed at me and said "silly daddy".

what the fuck is a jagwhar
  • rockaholicrockaholic Posts: 28
    cool - thanks for the info! :) i live in Windsor UK now (recent transplant from seattle) - hence only 2 days off to recover from partying with all the crazies. can't wait!

the last show i went to was the bridge school benefit in California last October. most of the band were on my same flights from Seattle and also back home... got to meet ed at the airport. incredible. that will be a hard weekend to beat, but wembley might come close.
    91:OffRamp,RKCNDY
    92:Lollapalooza; Drop in the Park
    96:Sea 98:Sea 00:Sea
    01:Sea, 02:Sea, 03:Van
    05:Gorge,Van, 06:Gorge,Bridge
    07:Wembley 08: EV Van, Rock Honors-LA
    09:Sea,Portland 10:London 11:PJ20,Van,EV-Benaroya
    12:Missoula,EV-Vegas
    rockaholic wrote:
    i live in Windsor UK now .
    Even with the week-end, I did think that was gonna be a hell of a quick trip.... just jetlag, nothing else (except PJ!) Windsor's lovely... I don't live too far from there.
    rockaholic wrote:
    most of the band were on my same flights from Seattle and also back home... got to meet ed at the airport. incredible.
    :eek: Lucky you! :D
    dunkman wrote:
    what the fuck is a jagwhar
    Like a jaguar but with the scottish accent?
    Silly daddy :rolleyes:
    redrock wrote:
    Like a jaguar but with the scottish accent?
    Silly daddy :rolleyes:

"jagwhar" is the american way of saying "jag-you-ar"

just like

"meeeeerohr" is how they say "mirror"

and have a silent H in the word Herbs

:D
    dunkman wrote:
    "jagwhar" is the american way of saying "jag-you-ar"

just like

"meeeeerohr" is how they say "mirror"

and have a silent H in the word Herbs

:D

:rolleyes:... you're talking to an american here..

.... meeeerohr ?????

.... and not have a silent H in Herbs

But the brits pronounce things in a weird way too.. like lieutenant.... lootenuhnt... how in the hell do they get lEFtenuhnt out of that word?
    redrock wrote:
    :rolleyes:... you're talking to an american here..

.... meeeerohr ?????

.... and not have a silent H in Herbs

But the brits pronounce things in a weird way too.. like lieutenant.... lootenuhnt... how in the hell do they get lEFtenuhnt out of that word?

yip the say Meerohr.. and Erbs... and instead of Basil the Herb they say "Bayzil the Erb"

lieutenant:-The English pronunciation was prevalent during the 14th and 15th centuries with the word being variously spelled as lieftenant, lyeftenant or luftenant. It may have originated from a mistaken reading of the 'u' as a 'v' (u and v originally were written as the same letter), with v eventually assimilating in voice to /f/. Something similar happened in Greek (with υ (upsilon), originally pronounced /u/, in some cases being pronounced /v/), and British education on the Greek classics may have also encouraged the pronunciation. Some sources state that the original French word lieu (i.e. "place", since "lieu tenant" literally means "place holder" in old French) had an alternative form spelt and pronounced lieuf, and that the most common modern form retains the former spelling 'Lieutenant' and the latter pronunciation, 'Leftenant'.
    dunkman wrote:
    .....It may have originated from a mistaken reading of the 'u' as a 'v[/B]' (u and v originally were written as the same letter), with v eventually assimilating in voice to /f/. ....

...retains the former spelling 'Lieutenant' and the latter pronunciation, 'Leftenant'.

There you go.. language built on a mistake that they were too stuck up to admit so now they continue with it, defying all logic... Nice way to mess up a kid's mind!

BTW.. Nice googling Dunk!

EDIT AGAIN: I meant not all americans don't pronounce the H in Herbs.. but yeah.. baysil.. that's horrible! ;)