London Crew Baby :D

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    audiodave wrote:
    Sorry to put a downer on things guys, I just don't know what to do.

yeah, how am i supposed to post about tits and fannies now :mad: ;)

i think he'll be in hospital for quite a while, unless his insurance will airlift him to Britain... you need to speak to him Audio, and get an idea about how bad/good he is..

my wife's granny had a stroke last year on her holiday (at New Year) and we were like "oh should we be celebrating" and all that stuff... when we told her that when she got home she was mortified... "just cos i was in a hospital , did you think i want everyone to just sit there and worry about me..." she wanted us to carry on our lives as normal... what good would it do if we were at the hospital or sitting worrying about her all New Years Eve???

so my advice to you is always buy brown trainers...

no need to thank me
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    so does this AKA bar definitely NOT let us in with trainers on then... i'll be mightily nnoyed if i cant get in wearing broon baseball boots!!!

hmmph :mad:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    dunkman wrote:
    so does this AKA bar definitely NOT let us in with trainers on then... i'll be mightily nnoyed if i cant get in wearing broon baseball boots!!!

hmmph :mad:

Eh, does it have some kind of dress code :confused:
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    Eh, does it have some kind of dress code :confused:

apparently so :(

well Scratchin said he's been and it was a no-trainers policy... but if theres a few of us then we might get in.

i might even email them to ask their policy on this one.. ot'd be different if we were all chaves and had on white shellsuits.. only JRD will be wearing that 'outfit'
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    dunkman wrote:

well Scratchin said he's been and it was a no-trainers policy... but if theres a few of us then we might get in.

i might even email them to ask their policy on this one.. ot'd be different if we were all chaves and had on white shellsuits.. only JRD will be wearing that 'outfit'
    hmm... what about chuck taylor kinda things? :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    dunkman wrote:

We'd better find out. I very rarely wear anything but Trainers. I don't want to have to pack an extra pair of shoes if I can avoid it at all.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Thankyou everyone, your advice is greatly apprecaited...apart from Dunk! :p

If I DO make it to London...I CAN'T WEAR TRAINERS!?

Hang on, let me see if I actually own any shoes...erm...no!
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    audiodave wrote:
    Thankyou everyone, your advice is greatly apprecaited...apart from Dunk! :p

If I DO make it to London...I CAN'T WEAR TRAINERS!?

Hang on, let me see if I actually own any shoes...erm...no!

Dave mate...really sorry to read all the stuff about your dad. I'm not sure I can say anything or offer any alternative advice to that which the others have already posted. I would just say take a couple of days and see how things are. I wish you and your family all the best.

on a side note....I aint going in nowhere that you can't wear trainers in.....I only do shoes at job interviews and weddings :)
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • given to flygiven to fly Posts: 654
    i'm sorry to hear about your dad, dave... do what you feel is right. fingers crossed for him.

i can't believe it's only a week away! i wonder if i'll get any sleep this next week?
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
    We'd better find out. I very rarely wear anything but Trainers. I don't want to have to pack an extra pair of shoes if I can avoid it at all.

Restrictions
    No suits

thats all it says on their website!!

so if they dont let us in we'll all just go back to the Travelodges and drink there!!!
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    this time in THREE DAYS i will be on a plane to london!
    woooohooooo!
    sooo looking forward to seeing so many of you again, and meeting so many new jammers too.....traveling.....more live pearl jam.......BLISS!

:D:D:D
    yay! yay! yay!

yeesh...dave....saw your post. :( first of all, i wish your dad the BEST, hope for a full and speedy recovery. and...tough call! i think it's one of those things that i can't say what i'd do unless i was actually living it. not much help, but just follow your heart and mind.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    6 days baby yeah!!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • given to flygiven to fly Posts: 654
    6 days, 6 days, 6 days! ARRRRRRRGH!
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
    dunkman wrote:
    Restrictions
    No suits

thats all it says on their website!!

so if they dont let us in we'll all just go back to the Travelodges and drink there!!!

It's ok for me as the only time I ever wear trainers is at the gym, I hate the things.
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

It's ok for me as the only time I ever wear trainers is at the gym, I hate the things.

i hate gyms as well... full of preening tossers (present company excepted)
    Less than a week now guys :)
    dunkman wrote:
    i hate gyms as well... full of preening tossers (present company excepted)

Well cheers...and I actually meant trainers :rolleyes:

Well cheers...and I actually meant trainers :rolleyes:

yep, i knew that... it was called a 'joke' :p
    dunkman wrote:
    yep, i knew that... it was called a 'joke' :p

I thought 'jokes' were supposed to be funny :confused:

I thought 'jokes' were supposed to be funny :confused:

they are... you should try making one sometime.

its Munich tonight isnt it? first official 10clubbers show then, so i'm thinking we'll see a longer varied set than first two shows!

for some reason i keep checking my traintimes for Sunday!!! i've checked loads of times... i dont even check the tenclub email or anything, just that fooking train time!!!
    dunkman wrote:
    they are... you should try making one sometime.

its Munich tonight isnt it? first official 10clubbers show then, so i'm thinking we'll see a longer varied set than first two shows!

for some reason i keep checking my traintimes for Sunday!!! i've checked loads of times... i dont even check the tenclub email or anything, just that fooking train time!!!

Does your train have to go out of it's way as I know there is maintenance on some of that line on Sunday?

Does your train have to go out of it's way as I know there is maintenance on some of that line on Sunday?

well thats the weird thing... i have to go from Carlisle > Newcastle > London... Sunday times and stuff!!
    dunkman wrote:
    well thats the weird thing... i have to go from Carlisle > Newcastle > London... Sunday times and stuff!!

That's not to bad I suppose, thought you may have to get a bus part of the way or something.

That's not to bad I suppose, thought you may have to get a bus part of the way or something.

its the shitty carlisle > newcastle train i'm dreading.... it takes an hour or so to go about 70miles... and then newcatle > london is only 3 hours on that superfast thingamijig.

how long does yer bus take then? is it an overnighter?
    dunkman wrote:
    its the shitty carlisle > newcastle train i'm dreading.... it takes an hour or so to go about 70miles... and then newcatle > london is only 3 hours on that superfast thingamijig.

how long does yer bus take then? is it an overnighter?

Nah it's just short of five hours from Manchester, problem is I tend to get travel sick on coaches :o

• Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Morning :)
    I need a coffee!
    How's it goin Al?
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    How's it goin Al?

Ok my good man, am currently arguing with the missus and that pisses me off :(

But fuck it not long til pj :D

Hows you?
    I need a coffee!
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Nah it's just short of five hours from Manchester, problem is I tend to get travel sick on coaches :o

I love buses. :) but yeah, hope you'll get some sleep maybe so you won't feel too sick. :o
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Irish Al wrote:
    Ok my good man, am currently arguing with the missus and that pisses me off :(

But fuck it not long til pj :D

Hows you?

oh noes. arguing not good. :(
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."