London Crew Baby :D

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Irish Al wrote:
    Just a bit of botox :o

Is anyone staying near Wembley, as me and my bro might need somewhere to throw our bags on Monday and pick them up after the gig???

Anyone??

scabby irish gypsies :rolleyes:

some folk are staying at the Wembley Ibis... do a search for that and you'll see a thread (started by Duggro) and it has some familiar names on it buddy :)

edit: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=232444&highlight=ibis

there ya go brafumbler
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    redrock wrote:
    No... it's true... high protein (red meat, etc.) helps absorb the alcohol and complex carbs (slow release glucose) are good because after drinking your levels are down so that helps as well....

At least that's how I think it goes.. some doctor told me...

ahhhhh sweeeeet!!!!

no seriously, can i have a sweet as well... mmmmmmm cheesecake! :eek:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dunkman wrote:
    ahhhhh sweeeeet!!!!

no seriously, can i have a sweet as well... mmmmmmm cheesecake! :eek:

cheesecake MUST be good...... **remembers to save a piece of cheesecake for Dunk in Monday's queue**
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    dunkman wrote:
    scabby irish gypsies :rolleyes:

some folk are staying at the Wembley Ibis... do a search for that and you'll see a thread (started by Duggro) and it has some familiar names on it buddy :)

edit: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=232444&highlight=ibis

there ya go brafumbler

Cheers cockgobbler :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    dunkman wrote:
    aye but i thought a few of us were meeting earlier and going for a pint and some food beforehand... i dinnae want to eat in Waxy's when all those freaks will be there wanting my autograph and shit.

anyhoo.. meeting up??

i've meeting Hellsy in the Travelodge bar at 3.04pm... who else is up for some food and a tongue-loosener before the pre-meet starts proper.

defo:
    Dunk
    Don (my pal.. although i call him Smith)
    Hellsy
    Surfoids & manfriend mann?
    Jrd
    Soupsters

?'s
    Hitchness?
    Aye, I should be there. Gonna try to get a few sights in early too. Never been to London before you see.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
    Aye, I should be there. Gonna try to get a few sights in early too. Never been to London before you see.

cool!!

you're staying in same hotel as Duggro now.. Royal Scot wasnt it?
    dunkman wrote:
    cool!!

you're staying in same hotel as Duggro now.. Royal Scot wasnt it?
    Yeah, that's the one. 300 metres down from Farringdon apparently.
    What time you all headin to the boozer on monday?
    I need a coffee!
    Sometime after breakfast I presume.
    Irish Al wrote:
    What time you all headin to the boozer on monday?

dunno.. i'll leave that to my pal to decide.

he doesnt want to queue all day thats for sure... and i keep dragging him to places on this trip that this is one i'll let him decide!

probably 3 or 4 ish
    cool, so are people going to get wristbands first and then pub or vice versa?
    I need a coffee!
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Irish Al wrote:
    cool, so are people going to get wristbands first and then pub or vice versa?

Probably get wristband first, just so it's done.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.

makes sense :D
    I need a coffee!

i am in concurrence with above statement of intent
    Irish Al wrote:
    makes sense :D

I always do :cool:
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

• dunkman wrote:
    i am in concurrence with above statement of intent
    When're you gonna get yours Dunk?
    When're you gonna get yours Dunk?

dunno matey... probs around 3ish and then go to the pub?

i'm sorta unsure about the monday business... i'll speak to my pal tonight and find out what he wants to do?!!?
  • dunkman wrote:

i'm sorta unsure about the monday business... i'll speak to my pal tonight and find out what he wants to do?!!?
    3?! What are you going to do all day you cazy lunt?

I was thinking more along the lines of get tickets early, go to le pub at about 12 and go to le linie at about 3-4. At least that way you can save a few quid on binoculars
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    dunkman wrote:

Reckon that could well be our plan too....going to grab a substantial lunch in London and then head out to Wembley mid-afternoon for wristband collection and beer :)

actually, I'll have a glass of red :)
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
    dunkman wrote:

Not looking that brilliant, but since when do they ever forcast the weather correctly!

This is when being Harmless little f*** is useful.... not only does he have one of the best seats, he gets to go in a bit before everyone and avoid the mad rush of people all over the place... Might even have time to stop at the merch booth with no hassles (assuming it's inside!) :D
    3?! What are you going to do all day you cazy lunt?

I was thinking more along the lines of get tickets early, go to le pub at about 12 and go to le linie at about 3-4. At least that way you can save a few quid on binoculars

well i might do something touristy.. or as Jim has said, i reckon i'll get me a top notch lunch.. pick up tix around 3 and then pub for 3 or 4 hours and then into venue.

i stood semi-far back in Dublin and i found that it sounded better and i wasnt getting jostled around like a rubber jostely thingy...
    Not looking that brilliant, but since when do they ever forcast the weather correctly!

Hey it was supposed to piss it down last night and today... still waiting for the rain, didn't water the garden and I have new plants in... :o.
    In case you didn't see it in the Dublin thread, Pip & Dave in the venue, front row, Stone side. Marina, Jeff, Jenny Sandra also seen in the front!

Hope they get a setlist at least as good as yesterday...... though because there are lots of bands playing, does this sort of count as a festival? Shorter setlist?
  • I sold my 10c tickets so tonight I'm positively going to avoid the setlist thread. When you know you could've/should've been there it doesn't make things easy!
    I sold my 10c tickets so tonight I'm positively going to avoid the setlist thread. When you know you could've/should've been there it doesn't make things easy!
    :(
    dunkman wrote:
    well i might do something touristy.. or as Jim has said, i reckon i'll get me a top notch lunch.. pick up tix around 3 and then pub for 3 or 4 hours and then into venue.

i stood semi-far back in Dublin and i found that it sounded better and i wasnt getting jostled around like a rubber jostely thingy...
    Yeah Dunk, but you were only at the back of the pit. In Wembley because it's all 10c you'll need to gewtin early to get that spot, otherwise you'll be at the very back.
  • RabbitrocksRabbitrocks Posts: 101
    Irish Al wrote:
    Is anyone staying near Wembley, as me and my bro might need somewhere to throw our bags on Monday and pick them up after the gig???

Anyone??

I'm staying at the Hilton (which is 1 mile from the Arena), but won't be getting into Wembley til 5.30-ish.
  • redrock wrote:
    :(
    ooOOoo Red what're you doing tomorrow? I've got to go to the Swiss Embassy to drop off some shit, want to meet up at Waterloo for a coffee (and maybe a peek at you know what)??