Options

Occupation of Pearl Jam Fans

Comments

• Options
    huck5huck5 Posts: 91
    Manager for my company's Business Intelligence group.
  • Options
    Too embarrassed to admit you also used to work there?!?!

lol, I don't know what you're talking about. :p Actually that was the best job I've ever had...well, I don't miss the annoyingness of the customers, but working with Lou everyday was awesome. I miss him lots. He was definitely the best manager ever (well, on a manager I don't want to fuck level.) ;) lol.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    I work at a home brew shop. I sell brewing equipment and teach people how to make homemade beer and wine.

http://www.homebrewery.com
    tacos
  • Options
    iwasthere wrote:
    I work at a home brew shop. I sell brewing equipment and teach people how to make homemade beer and wine.

Nice gig!!

btw...I'm a calibration tech for a scale company, get to go from site to site jammin the ipod/PJ the whole time.
    ''I'm not the same without you here, how can I quit to be there, sit and stare, stare, begging for a prayer.''
  • Options
    wtf....early morning posting without coffee= bad post!
    ''I'm not the same without you here, how can I quit to be there, sit and stare, stare, begging for a prayer.''
  • Options
    Be SoundBe Sound Posts: 199
    I am a Graphic Designer
    Don't it make you smile
  • Options
    Realtor
    If you were my friend, I'd give you the ball on every play.
  • Options
    knitted wrote:
    seems to be lots of engineers, graphic designers and printers here.

i like it!

Lots of teachers too!

Very cool!
    Nothing divine dies. All good is eternally reproductive. The beauty of nature reforms itself in the mind, and not for barren contemplation, but for new creation. ~ Nature, Emerson
  • Options
    I'm a Tachograph analyst.... rivetting huh? lol
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Last year of Sixth form (optional 2 years after obligatory education) - Studying Spanish, Communication Studies and Computer Science, will then go off to Uni to do some computer related course.. so many i want to do but i cant choose
  • Options
    oral and maxillofacial surgeon
  • Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    I am an real estate closing/escrow officer. I have a state designation as an LPO, which means I practice law to a limited extent and only as it pertains to real estate.

Real interesting, I know. *yawn*
  • Options
    Bentherat wrote:

wow! I bet thats really interesting!
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    I am graduating in December with a BA in Political Science and Middle Eastern History. I am hoping to become a Foreign Service Officer. If that doesn't happen, maybe a Foreign Policy Analyst.
    Don't let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold. Remember why you came and while you're alive, experience the warmth before you grow old.

Best two days of my life: Oasis at MSG and Pearl Jam at the Gorge.
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,200
    journalist
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Attorney is how I make my living.

My second job is taking care of stray dogs and cats that wonder up. My husband and I try to find good homes for them when we can and when we can't we keep the ones we have room for. If we don't have room and can't find homes they end up at shelters unfortunately. We currently have four dogs, seven cats, and take care of a small group of ferals a couple of blocks away.

I have also just accepted the non-paying job of V-P of Multi-Sports in our local bike club. That means that I report on triathlon events, triathlon training, etc.

That is a great thing you are doing Riverrunner, on top of what must be an extremely busy and demand job as an attorney, not to mention your volunteer job. I am an animal lover from way back and can't stand to think of so many animals unloved and unwanted who end up being put down. Good on you for making your contribution! If my husband wasn't allergic to so many animals maybe we'd be doing it too!
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I have done many thigns in my life to sustain my living.. from being a nanny to working construction and other odds and ends such as horse and dog training, ( which I still do on the sides to this very day). But as of right now to pay for life and Veterinariy School ( got the first three years pre-med down one more of PM to go)I clean houses. but not everyday houses.. apparnetly this particular part of Kansas is really rich ass mofos out here so I clean mnasions.. one house a day.. no not kidding it takes two peeps that long !! we have two spereate houses that are two days to clean for two people. Kinda crazy but I get really good concepts for painting and decoration ideas!! Even IF mine is all Dollar General crap:-)
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    pjamaholic wrote:
    That is a great thing you are doing Riverrunner, on top of what must be an extremely busy and demand job as an attorney, not to mention your volunteer job. I am an animal lover from way back and can't stand to think of so many animals unloved and unwanted who end up being put down. Good on you for making your contribution! If my husband wasn't allergic to so many animals maybe we'd be doing it too!

I agree I doi the same thing my house literally just opened up, from four dogs five cats and two rabbits we are now down to two dogs( our personal dogs) and three cats ( our personal as well). Only I take all the dogs that no one else wants at shelters due to training resistance or behavioral problems, such as anxiety, aggression, or hyperactivity, I rehabilitate them then find them new forever homes.. and I always love to hear about others who have opened their hearts and homes to these poor animals that need that love and attention. Thanks for what you do.. It's so nice to see that others do this too and YES it is a very very demanding job.. trying walking all those dogs twice a day!!:-)

Oh and having to clean three cat boxes that many times a daysucks too.. but the kitties appreciate it!
  • Options
    first of all, i would like to say that this is probably the most interesting thread :) i used to be tv producer for cnbc europe and now work as a freelance translator
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Bentherat wrote:

I am not a fan of people in your profession. You guys hurt me. :(
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,288
    knitted wrote:
    seems to be lots of engineers, graphic designers and printers here.

i like it!

Add another to the list.

I am a Mechanical Engineer at an Engineering Consulting firm.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    bdgavinbdgavin Posts: 123
    3rd year law school student, and I graduate in May. Plan on going to Los Angeles and working my way up in an entertainment agency or management firm for film/television actors, writers, and directors.
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 675
    I'm a Paralegal. Tossing around the idea of law school but not sure yet.
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    The aerospace industry here in the "jet city"... That's Seattle for those of you not in the know
    and here I thought you were the owner of the douchebag store!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Accounting...I've noticed a lot of accountants in this thread... I don'y know if I should be horrified...
    It's the worst job I've had in my life and I've been doing it for close to 4 yrs.
  • Options
    I am a teacher. We also own a plumbing company that strictly promotes water conservation and my husband is starting a bio-diesel company. Teaching is in my blood so it is all I have ever wanted to do. As far as our other adventures go, once we had kids it was obvious to us that we do something to help better the environment.
  • Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    EagleEar wrote:
    I'm a mechanical engineer for an engineering consulting firm. I design plumbing, fire protection, heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, refrigeration, and medical gas systems for commercial buildings. If a building is a body, architects design the skin and I design the guts.

And we design the brains -- consulting electrical engineer here -- though I mainly work in heavy industries rather than commercial buildings.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options
    UrohawkUrohawk Posts: 77
    A urologist who specializes in trauma and genital reconstruction
    "pearl jam tickets $150 a pair.....
    the pearl jam coloring book....$200
    multi-millionaires singing a song telling me...
    the gas in their tanks...is like money in the bank
    PRICELESS!!!!!!" -SpeedyMcCready...You may be banned but the message lives on!
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Urohawk wrote:
    A urologist who specializes in trauma and genital reconstruction
    WOW! Don't get too many of those around here.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Self employed, Owner / Operator:
    Plumbing Contractor:

38 years old.
    MG Plumbing, in The Cleveand/Akron Ohio area...

Part Owner of new found Meridian LLC, Kombucha tea company out of Colorado. Infinitea..... do a google search and visit the site. It's my sisters company and I helped financially to get it going....

Her company is growing rapidly, and WILL BECOME the next IZZE, or FUZE.....

One bottle has a Pearl Jam look to it... the colors.....

http://www.infiniteakombucha.com
    Listened since day one when "Ten" was released in 1991...and haven't stopped....
    www.mymobileupload.com
    Cleveland 94
    Cleveland 06'
    The Vic in Chicago 07'