Family Practice physician
  • Options
    benJAMinbenJAMin Posts: 257
    1st grade teacher
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue
  • Options
    spappyspappy Posts: 21
    I sell cars...anyone in Wisconsin in need?
    I got id
  • Options
    This thread is really interesting. We have such a large cross section of occupations here. I'm really surprised.

I'm an artist. I mainly deal with fiber currently. I manipulate fiber to create large pictures. Its sort of like painting with fabric. I also design clothing and costumes. I'm also going to be the Exhibits Cordinator Chairperson for a large LA based Fiber Art group starting in January.

And in all my spare time I'm raising two little girls.

I went to college many moons ago to get a degree in Library Science. But a professor I had told me I should stop dicking around and create art, because it was my true passion. So here I am. I don't make a crap load of money at it. But I love what I do. My job and life are one. I think its the best way to live. I never have a boring day at work. And I meet a ton of interesting people through my work.

I have to say though I admire teachers and doctors/nurses. They are some of the most selfless important human beings on the planet. You all rock and are way under appreciated!
  • Options
    magikevmagikev Posts: 296
    I am a professional magician. No joke. Check out http://www.kevinvinermagic.com.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Postgrad-turned-musician.
  • Options
    Graphic Artist with a TV station. I got lucky (and worked hard). Played some punk rock in the late 80s - was at Indio '93 & Neil/Jam '95. I've been working hard and believing. Pearl Jam has been on the ride the whole time.

And now a family - wife, beautiful - boy, 9 - I'm so lucky.

I'm not 26 anymore. I'm 43 and I have earned it all.

Look out! - I'm not done yet.
  • Options
    mgervace wrote:
    Part Owner of new found Meridian LLC, Kombucha tea company out of Colorado. Infinitea.....

The blueberry pom is wonderful! Cheers!
    Nothing divine dies. All good is eternally reproductive. The beauty of nature reforms itself in the mind, and not for barren contemplation, but for new creation. ~ Nature, Emerson
  • Options
    Oh I have many "titles." :rolleyes: (true though- I think for the most of us).

At the moment:
    Bio- modeler? I am bad at "job descriptions/labels."

Much respect for the moms and dads. Taking care of kids, well nothing can beat that. :)
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    Bentherat wrote:
    oral and maxillofacial surgeon
    I desperately need your help. :(
    (not that you are advertising :p).

This whole thread is endearing. I have soo many questions to ask everyone.

*holds back*
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    StellaStella Posts: 283
    I just finished my honours degree in pychology
    i work in psychometric administration
    I have my own little market business.

i'm a housewife - the ring/papers. heeh. that's me.
    I have no signature
  • Options
    SlickslickaSlickslicka Doniphan, NE Posts: 92
    Degree in Wildlife Biology (no money)
    Work in GIS/GPS technology (not much more money)
    1995-06-19, 2000-10-12, 2003-06-12, 2003-06-13, 2006-07-02, 2006-07-03, 2010-05-03, 2011-09-03, 2011-09-04, 2013-11-15, 2013-11-16
  • Options
    I'm an administrative clerk at one of the Dutch courts. It's not my dreamjob, but it pays the bills. The government is a good employer. I don't have any college degrees so I'll just have to learn to live with the fact that my options are limited.
  • Options
    I don't have any college degrees so I'll just have to learn to live with the fact that my options are limited.

Or open yourself up to the possiblity of creating all your options...
    Nothing divine dies. All good is eternally reproductive. The beauty of nature reforms itself in the mind, and not for barren contemplation, but for new creation. ~ Nature, Emerson
  • Options
    Dan1984Dan1984 Posts: 444
    I'm an equipment technician in the semi-conductor industry.
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    wilfmisswilfmiss Posts: 196
    1. Dad.

2. Attorney.

3. Favorite past jobs: Lifeguard, projectionist, record store clerk, and bookstore clerk.

4. Least favorite job: Asbestos class action claim reviews.
    3-29-94-FL/9-24-96-MD/9-18-98-MD/9-05-00-PA/4-26-03-PA/5-03-03-PA/7-12-03-PA/10-1-04-PA/9-19-05-ON/9-28-05-PA/5-09-06-ON/5-10-06-ON/6-23-06-PA/6-19-08-NJ/10-28-09-PA/5-20-10-NY/5-21-10-NY/9-11-11-ON/9-12-11-ON/9-2-12-PA/9-22-12-GA/10-11-13-PA/10-18-13-NY/10-19-13-NY/10-16-14-MI/9-26-15-NY/4-9-16-FL/4-11-16-FL/8-8-18-WA/8-10-18-WA
  • Options
    You should contact Food Services here at Nike. They would probably sell it.
    mgervace wrote:
    Self employed, Owner / Operator:
    Plumbing Contractor:

38 years old.
    MG Plumbing, in The Cleveand/Akron Ohio area...

Part Owner of new found Meridian LLC, Kombucha tea company out of Colorado. Infinitea..... do a google search and visit the site. It's my sisters company and I helped financially to get it going....

Her company is growing rapidly, and WILL BECOME the next IZZE, or FUZE.....

One bottle has a Pearl Jam look to it... the colors.....

http://www.infiniteakombucha.com
  • Options
    MinimieMinimie Posts: 116
    I started working 10 years ago as an IT System Engineer (responsable for everything mail/fax/sms/archive related) and teamleader for a team of 5.
    Those who dance are called insane by those who can't hear the music - eV
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    2006: Antwerp (B)
    2007: London (UK), Nijmegen (NL), Werchter (B)
    2008: MSG1 & 2 - New York (US)
    2009: Rotterdam (NL), London (UK), Philly(x4)(US)
    2010: Dublin (I), Belfast (UK), Nijmegen (NL), Arras (FR), Werchter (B)
    2011: Montréal (Can)
  • Options
    Bird888Bird888 Posts: 99
    CPA, Tax Partner in a regional accounting firm in Central Virginia.

PJ is my motivation!! I remember working my ass off one busy season so that I could leave on April 15th early and drive the 6 hrs to Charlotte for a show. Got their in time to pick up my 10C tix and tailgate with some of you wonderful people.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride" ! Unknown

• Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    3 jobs

1.) father/taxi driver of 3 kids
    2.) slave to the wife's endless honeydo list
    3.) work at a college
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    First year medical student. It'll be a few years before I start seeing any money.
  • Options
    tmry21tmry21 Posts: 34
    Investment Accountant
    PFPC, King of Prussia PA
  • Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 233
    Staffer for a member of Congress. Will now get back to work to not waste any of your taxpayer dollars.
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options
    grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    attorney, real estate practice...
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,178
    child therapist x 3.5 years. nice to be out of school after like 10 years of it and making some money. though, i would love to be like some folks i've met at PJ shows who quit their jobs and tour with the band all summer.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,178
    First year medical student. It'll be a few years before I start seeing any money.

uh, like 5-6, but when you do you'll pay back all your loans quickly unlike the rest of us non-medical school graduate school goers.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I read through all of the jobs and surprisingly no one has posted my profession.

I'm a Police Officer in Maine been doing it for 4 years. I have 2 B.S one in Kinesiology and the other in Marine Bio. I really enjoy my job there is never a dull moment. I never give speeding tickets to PJ fans!

Cheers
    "If Hope Could Grow From Dirt Like Me, It Can Be Done."
  • Options
    full time law school student
  • Options
    brainjam wrote:
    I never give speeding tickets to PJ fans!

Cheers

Mental note...slap PJ sticker on rental car when visiting Maine!
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    My major was Cultural Anthropology and now I work as an economy teacher (go figure; it's like I joined the dark side).