Options

Occupation of Pearl Jam Fans

OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,194
edited June 2008 in The Porch
This is a curiosity mainly... I want to see where Pearl Jam fans stand in the economy, and if our fandom has any correlation to our life choices.

Pick the job/jobs you feel have the best representation of your life goals. No, not drinking beer, or going on "tour" with Pearl Jam. :P REAL jobs.

If you haven't landed a dream job yet, list your biggest accomplishment.

If you're a student, say you're a student and list your major and what you plan to do for a living after graduation.

If you have left the labor market, let us know what you did before you retired/had kids/whatever!

Are Pearl Jam fans stock brokers? Teachers? Journalists? Doctors? I would like to know!!
DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Semi-retired from accounting and I now volunteer. I know there are quite a few in the accounting field on here from what I've read. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    This is a curiosity mainly... I want to see where Pearl Jam fans stand in the economy, and if our fandom has any correlation to our life choices.

Pick the job/jobs you feel have the best representation of your life goals. No, not drinking beer, or going on "tour" with Pearl Jam. :P REAL jobs.

If you haven't landed a dream job yet, list your biggest accomplishment.

If you're a student, say you're a student and list your major and what you plan to do for a living after graduation.

If you have left the labor market, let us know what you did before you retired/had kids/whatever!

Are Pearl Jam fans stock brokers? Teachers? Journalists? Doctors? I would like to know!!

I am a CPA (career choice I made in college), and I am lucky enough to work in music (lifelong desire).
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    The responses this gets will probably be all over the place! (if everyone participates.)

I haven't had a 'real' job in almost 12 years. I'm a stay-at-home mom right now and my husband is a Soybean Trader at the Chicago Board of Trade. When I earned a paycheck, I managed a pager store. Some people won't know what that is!

I'm going back to school next year (or I might try to wing the state test) for certification to be a School Aide (Paraprofessional). I love helping out, might as well get paid for it.
  • Options
    DeadpoolDeadpool Posts: 155
    I consult with CPA's and tax professionals all over the country and speak to them about how to grow their business using software solutions that my company makes for small and medium accounting firms.
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    college student now.

but i wanna be a pediatric surgeon. yea.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    Why_GoWhy_Go Posts: 87
    i'm an Automotive Painter
    my eyes peeled both wide open, and i got a glimpse
    of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    undergrad degree in accounting, MBA with a concentration in finance and marketing.

currently run the finance dept for the local office of a worldwide mgmt consulting firm

edit ... oh ... and I think I'd rather be doing a bit more on the operational side, using more of my statistical / marketing research side of my education ... it's a new year's resolution thing for 2008
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    Case Manager at a group home for adolescents right now

In grad school and about 2 years away from being a School Psychologist (no not a guidance counselor - I will be doing testing and IEP and school program stuff)
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Sports Statistician for a small statistics company in mid-town Manhattan.
    Jw
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    I am a Sports Producer for the Bay Area's NBC station in San Jose.

I guess that makes me a journalist.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Jwmcc wrote:
    Jw

ok, I'd like to use my stats education to do that too ... :D
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    I sling Coca Cola around in grocery stores...

Still searching for a nice history related job...or a job in the postal service...two years after graduating college
    4/23/03 - Champaign, IL
    5/16/06 - Chicago, IL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    5/4/10 - St Louis, MO

...tickle my nausea...
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    I have pretty much landed a sweet job. It involves dealing with Oil and Gas Proponents working in and around our Traditional Territory. A great deal of the job involves archaeological surveying and traditional land use surveying with Elders from my Nation.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    I'm a Senior C#/.Net Software Engineer for Gemstar-TVGuide. I would say I'm happy about that.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Jwmcc wrote:
    Jw

is it more of a research gig, or is it more of a numbers gig?
  • Options
    evzarevzar Posts: 45
    building manager in New York City
  • Options
    ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    I'm a geographer
  • Options
    I'm a 3rd year law student who is not looking foward to taking the bar.
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,236
    Respiratory therapist but have an undergrad in Marine Biology and get bored easy so always looking for something that piques my interest.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I got degree in liberal/ media arts from University of North Texas and thought I had a job as an assistant producer for an up and coming film company but that fell through. :( All the music jobs did too.

So I work at Target for now, but it's a cool job. I get to work in the back stockroom, just have to be careful when I'm climbing all those latters and carrying down the heavy stuff. The really cool thing though is even though they operate 7 days a week, a weekend could be like 3 or 4 days off in one week alot of the time. They have also been very accomodating about time off for concerts (my boss knows it's my hobby).

I am also a street teamer for The Burden Brothers and Toadies. I don't get paid for that, but I enjoy it and have gotten some cool stuff from those guys besides the concert tix.
    My main goal in life is just to have fun and enjoy what I'm doing for the moment.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i throw boxes around at ups.

currently in college though

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Accountant in Sydney
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    UPSDanUPSDan Posts: 86
    i am a center manager at UPS
    Total shows: 62
    Total performances seen: 1796
    Unique PJ songs: 147
    Unique Covers: 71
    96 (1), 98 (2), 00 (7), 01 (1), 03 (16), 04 (4), 05 (4), 06 (9), 07 (2), 08 (7), 09 (2), 10 (3), 12 (1), 13 (3 and 2 more on deck)
  • Options
    R.n.
  • Options
    muiren77muiren77 Posts: 3,511
    government employee...
    what is essential is invisible to the eye

apparently, 07162056 is THE date...
  • Options
    OrestesOrestes Posts: 217
    majoring in sociology in a couple of months

i want to take up a Poli Sci/I.R. master's soon though..

after that it's all a haze at this point
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Work in a control room, operating a refinery that converts trona into soda ash. You all use soda ash everyday, many different ways and dont know or care, thats ok, it keeps the money in the bank and food on the table.

Trona is mined at the facility, about 1700 ft below surface with a longwall mining system, brought to the surface, crushed, cooked, dissolved, cleaned, and re-crystallized to be sent away for use in glass, paper mills, detergent, etc. We also make baking soda with the same rock (trona).

I make 12 dollars a day, working 12 hour shifts. (that part is not true, in fact it is a lie, but the rest is true)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    i am in pharmacy school with another year and a half left.
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    I am a high school English teacher.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
    I have a BA in English and I currently teach Jr. High.
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.