Options

Who on this board lives in Phoenix?

Comments

• Options
    How does the weekend of 9/8 sound for everyone? I'd offer to have a bbq at our house...that way we could play all the PJ music we want! BUT, I live in Peoria!

We're getting closer to a plan.... :)
    Chris

It's nice in the desert....please play here PJ!
  • Options
    aqua amesaqua ames Seattle Posts: 94
    I live in Minneapolis now, but will probably be moving to Phoenix in September. I'm going to be out there approx Aug 9 - 22nd.

If the get together happens during that time I'd like to attend- it'd be great to hit the ground running by meeting other pj folks in the area. :)
    2000: Seattle I & II
    2003: Fargo, St Paul, Santa Barbara
    2005: The Gorge & Thunder Bay
    2006: Chicago I & II, St Paul I & II, Portland, The Gorge I & II,
    Honolulu
    2009: Seattle I & II, Portland
    2011: Vancouver B.C.
    2013: Wrigley Field Chicago & Seattle
    2014: St. Paul
  • Options
    Dan1984Dan1984 Posts: 444
    bgirl59 wrote:
    Tucson invited???

Of course your invited. The more people we have the better it will be.

Dan
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    How does the weekend of 9/8 sound for everyone? I'd offer to have a bbq at our house...that way we could play all the PJ music we want! BUT, I live in Peoria!

BBQ is a great idea. I live in Chandler and willing to make the drive. No big deal. Can you say carpool. All I need is some cold water and some kick ass Pearl Jam for the road. That weekend is even good with me. I'll bring a camera also. What else could I bring... :-)

Dan
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    SharonCSharonC Posts: 105

I love that idea, but of course Peoria is close to me. ;)

We could do both. Casey Moore's in Tempe in August and, assuming all goes well, the bbq in September. I'll send out PMs on Sunday, but today I'm busy grading final exams - ugh!

Thanks Dan, I'll let you know when I get replies and we can figure out what works best. :)

And yes bgirl59, you're definitely invited if you want to drive up. That would be great!
  • Options
    MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    I hate to interupt you all. I just wanted to say that I miss living in Arizona. I would so be there for a BBQ.
  • Options
    I'm in North Central also, so either Peoria or Tempe is fine with me. Would love to make both events, but from what I'm reading the August date people seem to be learning to is the 25th, when I will be in California. One event doesn't have to depend on the other one - I'm up for either/or/both ... whatever. So if I can't be at the first one, we'd darned well better also be having the bbq in September. :) It would be nice to make some more PJ friends and who knows maybe do a road trip to the next nearby out of town tour stop, or some pre-show party stuff in the future, that would be cool. Anyhow, keep me posted - if I'm in town I'll be at the August one, and a Peoria bbq in September sounds awesome.

Dan
    "Butter hands" flew from her side? I wish I had butter hands. Mmmm, butter.
  • Options
    SharonC wrote:
    I love that idea, but of course Peoria is close to me. ;)

We could do both. Casey Moore's in Tempe in August and, assuming all goes well, the bbq in September. I'll send out PMs on Sunday, but today I'm busy grading final exams - ugh!

Thanks Dan, I'll let you know when I get replies and we can figure out what works best. :)

And yes bgirl59, you're definitely invited if you want to drive up. That would be great!

Sounds good Sharon, just shoot me a PM and we will go from there. Sorry you have to work today. :-(

Dan
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    danphxariz wrote:
    I'm in North Central also, so either Peoria or Tempe is fine with me. Would love to make both events, but from what I'm reading the August date people seem to be learning to is the 25th, when I will be in California. One event doesn't have to depend on the other one - I'm up for either/or/both ... whatever. So if I can't be at the first one, we'd darned well better also be having the bbq in September. :) It would be nice to make some more PJ friends and who knows maybe do a road trip to the next nearby out of town tour stop, or some pre-show party stuff in the future, that would be cool. Anyhow, keep me posted - if I'm in town I'll be at the August one, and a Peoria bbq in September sounds awesome.

Dan

Hey Dan, the road trip idea sounds great. I cannot wait until PJ announces the US leg 3 tour, hopefully early '07, which should hit the southern states. I like the idea of hitting Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas to name a few.
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    I think Sunday 9/10 would be cool.

I'm going to be in Chicago 9/7-9/9 for work....

Yeeeeeah..the 10th
    :D
  • Options
    bump
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    Dan1984 wrote:
    Hey Dan, the road trip idea sounds great. I cannot wait until PJ announces the US leg 3 tour, hopefully early '07, which should hit the southern states. I like the idea of hitting Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas to name a few.

Hi Dan,

I would be all over that, I'd like to see as many as possible within reason.

You know there's no reason we have to wait on this get together thing, if some of us just informally want to get together and go out to a club or have a few beers or something, that would be cool too. If anyone is up for that sometime, pm me and hit me up.

Dan
  • Options
    RobynRAZ wrote:
    I'm in Gilbert and would love to meet up with other fans...

Going to SD show b/c PHX is not on the list... I'd still love for a Mesa Amp. show in October or November for fans and a select few :)

Oh, no doubt!! I'd LOVE another Mesa Ampatheater show - Cricket Pavillion sucks ass. Mesa Ampatheater was wonderful, I wish they'd play there again too.

Dan
  • Options
    I hate to interupt you all. I just wanted to say that I miss living in Arizona. I would so be there for a BBQ.

You should come back and visit us. :)

Okay, I've got a list of 20 interested people. I'll send PMs in the morning and see what we can figure out.
  • Options
    Sounds good Sharon! Good morning Arizona people! :)
    Chris

• Options
    Okay, I sent PMs to 20 people (not including me ;) ). I did include the peope in Tucson in case they are interested in driving up (carpool?). As soon as I get replies back, we'll start pinning this thing down. :D
  • Options
    Driftin'AlongDriftin'Along Posts: 1,403
    What a great idea. I am definately in for a meet and greet.
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    I got my PM! Sounds like things are coming together! It will be fun! :)
    Chris

• Options
    Hello fellow Valley of the Sun Pearl Jam fans. I'm in the Ahwatukee area over by the Pointe. I've been a Pearl Jam fan since 1992. My first PJ show was Mesa Amphitheater during the Vs tour. That was an amazing show. I would LOVE to see them play Mesa Amph again this tour, but at this point I don't really care what venue they play. I just want to see them in the Valley again. Until that happens, I have December 9th circled on my calendar. I'm also a huge U2 fan and had a GA field ticket for the original April 8th U2 show in Honolulu and kept the ticket after U2 postponed that concert. I ended up going to Hawaii anyway in April and met up with quite a few other U2 fans who had also made the trip despite there not being a concert. Had a great time! I loved Hawaii so much I ended up going back last week for a 4 day mini-vacation. One more trip back to paradise in December to see both U2 and Pearl Jam. I can't wait! The concert lineup I've dreamt about!! I did manage to buy another GA ticket online Saturday morning for Dec 9th. Now comes to tough task of finding a g/f to take with me.
  • Options
    RobynRAZRobynRAZ Posts: 56
    Got the message and responded! Now, I am excited (even if I am pregnant and will miss out on any drinking fun) but at least I will get a chance to meet some fellow PJ lovers! Hope to see as many of you as possible soon! Plus a big thanks to Chrissy for offering to do the BBQ at her house (who cares if some have to drive - it's Phoenix someone will always have a haul)!
    I'm too young to be old and too old to be young; I just don't fit anywhere.

5/9/10 - Cleveland, OH
    9/28/09 - SLC, UT 6/17/08 - Virginia Beach, VA
    7/7/06 - San Diego, CA 9/1/05 - George, WA
    6/7/03 - Phoenix, AZ 10/21/00 - Phoenix, AZ
    7/8/98 - Phoenix, AZ 10/7/96 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
  • Options
    I've heard back from about 9 people so far. There's no day in August that will work for everyone, but hopefully we can get most people there. I think I'll give people some time to respond tomorrow and then we'll pick a date tomorrow afternoon/evening.

So far, just about everyone can do the bbq in Sept. though. :D
  • Options
    I just sent you all a PM, but I'm going to post this too in case anyone else comes along and wants to join us.

We're meeting at Casey Moore's in Tempe both on Saturday August 12th and Friday, August 25th. Let's plan on meeting about 7:00 pm and I'll try to get there a little early and get a table for us.

Details about Chrissy Sistrum's bbq will be sent out later, but it looks like the weekend of Sept. 9th is going to work.

Hope to see you all soon. :)
  • Options
    Fellow jammer here in Scottsdale can you add me to the list? Would be cool to meet some PJ fans in the area
  • Options
    Fellow jammer here in Scottsdale can you add me to the list? Would be cool to meet some PJ fans in the area

Sure, come on out. We'd love to meet you. :)
  • Options
    Here's the address for Casey Moore's if anyone needs it.....

850 S Ash
    Tempe, AZ. 85281

(2 blocks west of Mill and 1 block south of University)
  • Options
    iamrockmusiciamrockmusic Orlando, FL Posts: 443
    looking forward to it... thanks for helping to organize.
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • Options
    No problem. I'm looking forward to it too. :)
  • Options
    Baine169 wrote:
    What a great idea. I am definately in for a meet and greet.

I live in Chandler as well. We have some plans for the meet and greet getting nailed down as we speak and a possible BBQ in September.
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    Hello fellow Valley of the Sun Pearl Jam fans. I'm in the Ahwatukee area over by the Pointe. I've been a Pearl Jam fan since 1992. My first PJ show was Mesa Amphitheater during the Vs tour. That was an amazing show. I would LOVE to see them play Mesa Amph again this tour, but at this point I don't really care what venue they play. I just want to see them in the Valley again. Until that happens, I have December 9th circled on my calendar. I'm also a huge U2 fan and had a GA field ticket for the original April 8th U2 show in Honolulu and kept the ticket after U2 postponed that concert. I ended up going to Hawaii anyway in April and met up with quite a few other U2 fans who had also made the trip despite there not being a concert. Had a great time! I loved Hawaii so much I ended up going back last week for a 4 day mini-vacation. One more trip back to paradise in December to see both U2 and Pearl Jam. I can't wait! The concert lineup I've dreamt about!! I did manage to buy another GA ticket online Saturday morning for Dec 9th. Now comes to tough task of finding a g/f to take with me.

Hawii and Pearl Jam/U2. Dude, you will not have any trouble finding someone to go with. Have fun.

Your not to far from me. I'm in Chandler near Chandler Regional Hospital. You up for a get together?

Dan
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    SharonC wrote:
    Here's the address for Casey Moore's if anyone needs it.....

850 S Ash
    Tempe, AZ. 85281

(2 blocks west of Mill and 1 block south of University)

That is near Zia Records, my favorite CD shop. You can always find some good boots from the 2000 tour there. Nice!
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix