Options

Who on this board lives in Phoenix?

Comments

• Options
    Hunger StrikeHunger Strike Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 229
    Yes, I guess I am guilty, I have a pool, use the ac, a lot in the summer and have a small lawn.
    I do turn off the water while brushing my teeth, I do work from home, so I don't use energy to drive around and when I do, my car get's very good gas mileage. I turn out the lights when I leave a room. Soooo....
  • Options
    LuvPJmomLuvPJmom Posts: 33
    mca47 wrote:
    I just moved here from the Chicago area about 2 months ago. I can honestly tell you that it's even worse there.
    Sure, here you have 3 really "hot" months, other than that it's beautiful weather the other 9 months. In Chicago there are 5 months of cold and 5 months of hot/humid weather. The energy use yearly has to be much higher there (Chi.) then here (AZ). The 110 degree heat is nothing compared to the sticky disgusting 95 degree heat of the midwest. I'm pretty sure if you were to look at each person's energy consumption yearly in both areas, it would be much higher there than here.
    I agree. We moved here 2 years ago from MN and NOTHING is worse than getting bit up by mosquitos, getting woodticks on you and sitting outside when it's 90% humidity and 90 degrees! YUK! Yes, we have a pool, 2 air conditioners (one set at 80 and the other at 77) but we have a 3,200 sq ft house and we haven't quite acclimated to the heat. We also have a lot of grass and probably use a ton of water. Our water bill is never high, can't figure that one out. Our water bill in MN was twice as high. Hmmm. It's a DRY HEAT... Who's sick of hearing that one? hahahaha!
  • Options
    SharonCSharonC Posts: 105
    LuvPJmom wrote:
    Hmmm. It's a DRY HEAT... Who's sick of hearing that one? hahahaha!

LOL, when people tell me "it's a dry heat," I always say, "Yes, so is the oven."

It's supposed to be 115 on Friday guys. :(
  • Options
    NOTHINGFANNOTHINGFAN Posts: 69
    Hi Sharon! :D
    Oh help me, help me from myself!!!

Theres not going to be an accoustic version of Blood or anything like that, so feel free to sit down.
  • Options
    NOTHINGFAN wrote:
    Hi Sharon! :D

Hi Nothingfan!! :)

Whats up? How were the shows you went to?

I'm going to the Gorge. I can't wait!!!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Yeah, it's gonna be HOT.

Anyone else getting sick of hearing about the damned serial shooter and rapist? I know I am!

I'm hoping the serial shooter shoots the serial rapist dead. Hahaha!
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Yeah, it's gonna be HOT.

Anyone else getting sick of hearing about the damned serial shooter and rapist? I know I am!

I'm hoping the serial shooter shoots the serial rapist dead. Hahaha!
    We lost BOTH remotes to BOTH Tv's in the last week, haven't had the tv on at all... had not heard about this til today...So, I get this call from my mother-in-law (from IA ) this morning..."You better watch out for that killer on the loose." (in my best mother-in-law voice....)
    Thanks Carole, I've got my eyes peeled..
    Really not a laughing matter, but coming from her mouth, funny.
    I live in suburbia, AZ. NOTHING can happen here...Oh except at the Wal Mart 2 miles from my house. Remember when that guy from Sun City shot those two employee's? We were there that day.EEESSHH!
  • Options
    LuvPJmom wrote:
    We lost BOTH remotes to BOTH Tv's in the last week, haven't had the tv on at all... had not heard about this til today...So, I get this call from my mother-in-law (from IA ) this morning..."You better watch out for that killer on the loose." (in my best mother-in-law voice....)
    Thanks Carole, I've got my eyes peeled..
    Really not a laughing matter, but coming from her mouth, funny.
    I live in suburbia, AZ. NOTHING can happen here...Oh except at the Wal Mart 2 miles from my house. Remember when that guy from Sun City shot those two employee's? We were there that day.EEESSHH!

Yikes!

I know what you mean about the MIL though. My parents are like that and I heard about it from them.

But it's probably more dangerous to be in a car here than any serial rapist/shooter is.
  • Options
    funny shit, my wife just got the call yesterday. her mom told her "don't go to phoenix alone!"

not a problem she replied. we avoid that place like the fucking plague.

So I guess we won't see you in August then. :p
  • Options
    boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
    The real question should be "Why do you live in Phoenix.".....To quote Bill Hicks yet again, "What are you a fucking lizard?"
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    FYI:
    I may have an extra ticket to the D-Backs game tomorrow night (6PM) against the Dodgers. Anyone interested let me know.
  • Options
    iamrockmusiciamrockmusic Orlando, FL Posts: 443
    so who on this thread is going to the gorge? i'm trying at this late stage to organize my trip, rent a car, etc... was going to meet a friend of mine that lives in tacoma, but she is now out because her boyfriend doesn't like the idea of her hanging with me for a weekend, even though we're just friends... so i'm open to suggestions or ideas for a good place to stay/camp, etc. currently, i'm flying in friday night, but may change that to saturday morning now. leaving monday morning early. thoughts???
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • Options
    danphxarizdanphxariz Posts: 29
    I'm here in Phoenix with the rest of you guys. If somebody is organizing something, definitely count me in.

Dan
    "Butter hands" flew from her side? I wish I had butter hands. Mmmm, butter.
  • Options
    so who on this thread is going to the gorge? i'm trying at this late stage to organize my trip, rent a car, etc... was going to meet a friend of mine that lives in tacoma, but she is now out because her boyfriend doesn't like the idea of her hanging with me for a weekend, even though we're just friends... so i'm open to suggestions or ideas for a good place to stay/camp, etc. currently, i'm flying in friday night, but may change that to saturday morning now. leaving monday morning early. thoughts???

I wish I'd seen this before I left. I was at the Gorge Sunday night. I stayed with a friend who lives in Seattle, then went camping in Utah, so I just got home on Monday night. Did you have a good time? I hope everything worked out.

Okay, guys, it's August. We should pick a date/time. I think the only nights I have plans already are the 4th and the 26th. Anything else is great. What works for all of you? :)
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    Yes, when are us lizards getting together? :)

I should say PJ lizards............
    Chris

It's nice in the desert....please play here PJ!
  • Options

I dunno. Hopefully soon!
  • Options
    How about Friday August 18th? Is there anyone that won't work for?
  • Options
    RobynRAZRobynRAZ Posts: 56
    it doesn't work for me... heading up to Colorado to participate in the Muddy Buddy event with my husband, but if a group can get together do it - we'll never find a date that works for everyone
    I'm too young to be old and too old to be young; I just don't fit anywhere.

5/9/10 - Cleveland, OH
    9/28/09 - SLC, UT 6/17/08 - Virginia Beach, VA
    7/7/06 - San Diego, CA 9/1/05 - George, WA
    6/7/03 - Phoenix, AZ 10/21/00 - Phoenix, AZ
    7/8/98 - Phoenix, AZ 10/7/96 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
  • Options

I like that - PJ lizards!

5/9/10 - Cleveland, OH
  • Options
    RobynRAZ wrote:
    it doesn't work for me... heading up to Colorado to participate in the Muddy Buddy event with my husband, but if a group can get together do it - we'll never find a date that works for everyone

Well, I just threw out a date, but most anything works for me, except the 26th. I think we should try to make it work for as many people as we can. What's better for you?
  • Options
    Anything but the 26th for me works..
    Someone has to just pick out the date/time and go with it.. I'm sure everyone would be cool with that...
    p.s. Did I mention that I am a photographer?? I will bring my camera to document the evening!
  • Options
    What about the 25th?

Maybe I'll put together a list of possible dates and PM them to everyone on this thread. You can each tell me which ones will or won't work for you and I'll figure out what the best option is......

I'll try to do that on Sunday.
  • Options
    anytime this month but the 11th.
  • Options
    Dan1984Dan1984 Posts: 444
    Hey everyone. Is it hot enough for everyone? Well its August and I am up for getting together with everyone. I could do the 12th. The 18th is not good for me, its my sons 16th birthday and he is getting his license. Like my nerves can take that... The weekend of the the 25th seems to be okay as well. If we need to there is always September. I want everyone on this thread to be able to make it. The bigger the crowd, the more fun we will have and the more friends we will make. I believe Sharon said she would send out a PM to everyone a list of dates. Sharon if you need some help, let me know. I cannot wait for this to happen. We are going to have a great time.

See everyone soon,
    Dan
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    danphxariz wrote:
    I'm here in Phoenix with the rest of you guys. If somebody is organizing something, definitely count me in.

Dan

Tucson invited???
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    If you want to make the drive from Tucson... come on up!

5/9/10 - Cleveland, OH
  • Options
    I think what it should come down to are the days you CAN MAKE IT!! I'm sorry, most of us probably don't care why you or I cannot make it.

Just give the details of how you can be there!! :D
  • Options
    Friday 8/25 works for me! The 26th works too...but since a number of people can't make it that day...maybe we can do the 25th?

Are we still thinking of Tempe? I forgot the name of the place right now...it's too early!

LuvPJmom, that would be cool to have pics to document the event! :)
    Chris

It's nice in the desert....please play here PJ!
  • Options
    I'm leaving for CA on Aug. 25th and coming back on the 1st of Sept. Any time but that week would be awesome for me. Would like to meet some of you folks - seems like there's a huge group of us here.

Dan
    10c # 12xxx
    "Butter hands" flew from her side? I wish I had butter hands. Mmmm, butter.