Options

Who on this board lives in Phoenix?

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,250
    i'm def. lookin' forward to it.
    thank you sharonc for putting this together. can't wait to meet you all! :)
  • Options
    SharonCSharonC Posts: 105
    Dan1984 wrote:
    That is near Zia Records, my favorite CD shop. You can always find some good boots from the 2000 tour there. Nice!

I love Zia records. There's one at the I-17 and Thunderbird too that's not too far from me. I've picked up some boots there too.
  • Options
    Is it still on for the 12th of Aug? Hi, this is Theresa, a Huge PJ Fan from Phoenix and still on a high from seeing them at the Gorge on Sunday the 23rd. Downloaded the BL and can't stop listening to it! Just wanted to meet some other fans like me!
  • Options
    aqua amesaqua ames Seattle Posts: 94
    Yes, meeting at Casey Moore's in Tempe at 7:00 pm on Saturday, August 12th, and on Friday, August 25th.

Thanks to SharonC for setting this up. :)
    2000: Seattle I & II
    2003: Fargo, St Paul, Santa Barbara
    2005: The Gorge & Thunder Bay
    2006: Chicago I & II, St Paul I & II, Portland, The Gorge I & II,
    Honolulu
    2009: Seattle I & II, Portland
    2011: Vancouver B.C.
    2013: Wrigley Field Chicago & Seattle
    2014: St. Paul
  • Options
    Dan1984Dan1984 Posts: 444
    aqua ames wrote:
    Yes, meeting at Casey Moore's in Tempe at 7:00 pm on Saturday, August 12th, and on Friday, August 25th.

Thanks to SharonC for setting this up. :)

Once again I cannot thank Sharon enough for setting everything up. Hopefully we'll have enough people show up that we will need our own wing at Casey Moore's.
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    You're welcome you guys. I think it will be fun.

Theresa, I hope you can make it on Saturday. I was at the Gorge on the 23rd too. I also got the boot and love it!! I had a blast there!
  • Options
    Good morning! Really looking forward to Sat. Have you ever been to Casey Moore's before? Last time I was there, it was so much fun, but that was 9 years ago? God I feel so old, but lovin it!! Sharon, did you fly out to Washington to see them or were you out there for something else? I was standing on my feet for 3 hours and had chills the whole time, I've only seen them twice before and that was here in AZ, that Gorge is the best place for a concert, it was beautiful,huh?
  • Options
    aqua amesaqua ames Seattle Posts: 94
    Sounds like there were a few of us at the Gorge...was there for both shows and had a great time. :) See you at Casey Moore's!
    2000: Seattle I & II
    2003: Fargo, St Paul, Santa Barbara
    2005: The Gorge & Thunder Bay
    2006: Chicago I & II, St Paul I & II, Portland, The Gorge I & II,
    Honolulu
    2009: Seattle I & II, Portland
    2011: Vancouver B.C.
    2013: Wrigley Field Chicago & Seattle
    2014: St. Paul
  • Options
    I have been to Casey Moore's, but it's been a couple of years for me too.

I went to visit a friend in Seattle and she went to the Gorge with me. It was awesome!! It was so hot though. I felt like I was back here in Phoenix. We got there at 4:00 because we were on the lawn (I didn't know I was going in time to get fan club tickets), so we were sitting out in the heat a long time.

This was only my second time seeing PJ too. I saw them here in 2003, but that's all. The Gorge is beautiful!! So much nicer than Cricket Pavillion, lol.
  • Options
    Is this the first AZ get together, or have I been out of the loop for a while?
  • Options
    titty425 wrote:
    Is this the first AZ get together, or have I been out of the loop for a while?

I believe it's the first. I've been on this board for about 3 years and haven't met anyone yet.
  • Options
    Hey guys! I won't be able to make this Saturday, but can make it Friday 8/25. We also have the bbq at my house planned...pool, darts, jacuzzi....PEARL JAM...(on DVD and CD anyway!) Oh yea....food and drinks too!

The date is going to be Saturday 9/9/2006. I am thinking about it starting about 4:00 p.m.

We are right off of the 101 and Bell (Northwest side of Phoenix...actually Peoria)....more information will be sent to those interested...

It will be nice to meet some of you guys on the 25th and then on 9/9!!!
    Chris

It's nice in the desert....please play here PJ!
  • Options
    Hey guys! I won't be able to make this Saturday, but can make it Friday 8/25. We also have the bbq at my house planned...pool, darts, jacuzzi....PEARL JAM...(on DVD and CD anyway!) Oh yea....food and drinks too!

The date is going to be Saturday 9/9/2006. I am thinking about it starting about 4:00 p.m.

We are right off of the 101 and Bell (Northwest side of Phoenix...actually Peoria)....more information will be sent to those interested...

It will be nice to meet some of you guys on the 25th and then on 9/9!!!

This sounds like so much fun! I'm really looking forward to it!

After the 25th, I'll send out PMs and get a head count. Then we can the info out to those who are going. :)
  • Options
    Sounds good Sharon! I want to clarify that pool...is billards! :)

It will be FUN! :)
    Chris

• Options
    Hey, I should have thought about posting this earlier, but here's a little fun info for anyone not familiar with Casey Moore's: http://www.azcentral.com/ent/calendar/haunted/casey.html

If you scroll through the story, where it says "more" you can read about the place, and if you click on "site" you can see a floorplan and pictures. Scroll over the Xs on the floorplan to see the pictures of the different rooms. :)

edited to fix the link
  • Options
    Bump for Casey Moore's... See everyone on Saturday night.
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    Thanks for the link Sharon! I look forward to the pics and stories from Saturday night...have fun! :)
    Chris

• Options
    Good morning everyone and happy Friday. Well we made it. It was a long week to say the least but Friday has finally arrived. Cannot wait to see everyone at Casey Moore's. Okay so who is bringing the camera?

Enjoy your Friday,
    Dan
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    Hunger StrikeHunger Strike Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 229
    I think my husband and I will make it on Saturday night. The problem with the bbq on 9/9 for us, is it's the Tool concert and well, that's where we'll be.
    Hopefully I'll see you on Saturday night~
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 698
    i don't
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    I do not live in Phoenix but I visit a lot... I am going to keep checking this board and next time I am there I will meet up with the Pheonix crowd...
    Up the West Coast in 2006 and Hawaii++Santa Barbara, San Fran x 3, Portland, Gorge x2
    Chicago and Down the Coast in 2003
    Seattle 2005
    SF 2000, 2001, 2003--- oh or you can come to terms and realize you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself
  • Options
    Not going to be able to make it tonight, flying back to Seattle this morning for a family business. Hope everyone has a great time and can't wait to hear all about it! Take care!
  • Options
    Good morning everyone and did you enjoy that storm last night. I know us in Chandler got nailed. So how many people can we expect tonight? How many tables have to be saved? I am looking forward to meeting everyone. I hope you have a great and relaxing Saturday and I will see you all tonight at Casey Moore's.

Dan
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    Dan1984 wrote:
    Good morning everyone and did you enjoy that storm last night. I know us in Chandler got nailed. So how many people can we expect tonight? How many tables have to be saved? I am looking forward to meeting everyone. I hope you have a great and relaxing Saturday and I will see you all tonight at Casey Moore's.

Dan

I'm not sure exactly how many to expect. We have at least 5, and 4 or 5 maybes, and some people that I didn't hear back from. Let's try to get one or two big tables if we can.

All I got over here was some cool lightening.
  • Options
    Have fun tonight guys!!!

It was a GREAT storm over here! It started raining pretty heavy in the middle of the night...and then some really loud lightning! Love it! High today is predicted as under 100 degrees!!! :)
    Chris

• Options
    RobynRAZRobynRAZ Posts: 56
    My husband (Shane) & I will definitely be there. I think we are going to try to catch the World Trade Center movie (3:50pm showing at Center Point) before. We'll probably be a little early so we can eat. We plan on wearing our PJ shirts... I can't figure ot how we are all going to find each other... Shane & I are both early 30, dark hair, he is a skinny twig and I am not. Looking forward to the evening!
    I'm too young to be old and too old to be young; I just don't fit anywhere.

5/9/10 - Cleveland, OH
    9/28/09 - SLC, UT 6/17/08 - Virginia Beach, VA
    7/7/06 - San Diego, CA 9/1/05 - George, WA
    6/7/03 - Phoenix, AZ 10/21/00 - Phoenix, AZ
    7/8/98 - Phoenix, AZ 10/7/96 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
  • Options
    RobynRAZ wrote:
    My husband (Shane) & I will definitely be there. I think we are going to try to catch the World Trade Center movie (3:50pm showing at Center Point) before. We'll probably be a little early so we can eat. We plan on wearing our PJ shirts... I can't figure ot how we are all going to find each other... Shane & I are both early 30, dark hair, he is a skinny twig and I am not. Looking forward to the evening!

Hi Robyn, I am 39 until next month and I have black hair with grey (I blame my ex!) and I am not skinny either... I will be wearing my Chicago Hard Rock t-shirt. Sharon has purple hair. She said she was going to get there early and I believe she said she will also have a Pearl Jam shirt on as well. Enjoy the movie. I am still not sure about it yet so I am looking forward to hearing what you think. See you tonight.

Dan
    06/05/2003 - San Diego
    06/06/2003 - Las Vegas
    06/07/2003 - Phoenix
  • Options
    Robyn, I am 43, my hair is purple, I'm 5 feet tall, not skinny either, and I'll wear a PJ shirt too. :)

I am planning to leave my place at 5:45, which should put me there between 6:30 and 6:45, depending on the traffic. I'm planning on eating there too I think.

ETA: Dan, that cracked me up about the ex and the grey hair! :D
  • Options
    RobynRAZRobynRAZ Posts: 56
    My greys are hidden under the dark hair dye... and I have a lot for my age. I think the movie gets out around the time you should be arriving (Sharon), so I'll look for you be for we sit! C-U soon!
    I'm too young to be old and too old to be young; I just don't fit anywhere.

5/9/10 - Cleveland, OH
    9/28/09 - SLC, UT 6/17/08 - Virginia Beach, VA
    7/7/06 - San Diego, CA 9/1/05 - George, WA
    6/7/03 - Phoenix, AZ 10/21/00 - Phoenix, AZ
    7/8/98 - Phoenix, AZ 10/7/96 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
  • Options
    RobynRAZ wrote:
    My greys are hidden under the dark hair dye... and I have a lot for my age. I think the movie gets out around the time you should be arriving (Sharon), so I'll look for you be for we sit! C-U soon!

Cool! If I get there really early, I'll wait out front. There are tables out there on the patio.