The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Not a great game for the flyers but still a win. Briere is looking damm good for us right now. just give us 1 win in Montreal and i think we are OK. now if only San Jose can start to play, I would be happy.

Let's Go Flyers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Page 12 of the Daily News has a picture of that guy I tried posting a picture of the other day. Straight crazy.

Edit: And here it is....

http://www.philly.com/philly/gallery/Fl ... ens_0.html

Picture number 23
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Page 12 of the Daily News has a picture of that guy I tried posting a picture of the other day. Straight crazy.

Picture number 23

now there is a fan. have to love flyers fans. crazy but great
    fife wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Picture number 23

Dude is nuts, gets to every game before doors open and just paces around teh concourse by himself until the game starts.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    fife wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Picture number 23

Dude is nuts, gets to every game before doors open and just paces around teh concourse by himself until the game starts.

i saw him once but didn't know he did that every game. could be worse. In Toronto where i live, fans are not allowed into the games as business people have all the seats and they get upset if you talk during the game.
    fife wrote:

i saw him once but didn't know he did that every game. could be worse. In Toronto where i live, fans are not allowed into the games as business people have all the seats and they get upset if you talk during the game.

Yeah, I worked down there a couple years ago and he did it every day. The guy is dedicated. Haha, that stinks, makes for a pretty shitty sports environment.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    fife wrote:

Yeah, I worked down there a couple years ago and he did it every day. The guy is dedicated. Haha, that stinks, makes for a pretty shitty sports environment.

I personally feel bad for leafs fan. they might have the most loyal fans but you go an watch a game and it is worse thing you will every see. the place is packed but there are times where you can hear a pin drop.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,362
    I'm having some negative deja vu here. Spring 2000: Flyers come back from 2-0 down and win 4 straight vs. Penguins in 2nd round. Conf Finals: Flyers lead 3-1 over Devils. Next thing we know Lindros is knocked out in Game 7 and Devils are in the Finals, and having a "Stanley Cup Parade" with 50 people. This can't happen again, can it??? Well at least all the other teams have good fan bases this year.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I'm having some negative deja vu here. Spring 2000: Flyers come back from 2-0 down and win 4 straight vs. Penguins in 2nd round. Conf Finals: Flyers lead 3-1 over Devils. Next thing we know Lindros is knocked out in Game 7 and Devils are in the Finals, and having a "Stanley Cup Parade" with 50 people. This can't happen again, can it??? Well at least all the other teams have good fan bases this year.

I personally don't see Montreal coming back. but its still early, i guess. I just think the Flyers are too deep for Montreal. however, I do think that the Black hawks can play well against the flyers. both teams are similar. If carter comes back than i think the flyers have more depth than the black hawks on forward.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    CITY OF CHAMPIONS

MAKE IT HAPPEN :clap::clap::clap:
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    fife wrote:

I personally don't see Montreal coming back. but its still early, i guess. I just think the Flyers are too deep for Montreal. however, I do think that the Black hawks can play well against the flyers. both teams are similar. If carter comes back than i think the flyers have more depth than the black hawks on forward.

i don't want to get to far ahead of ourselves here, but even with Carter back, i think the Hawks are deeper up front. If you look at the minutes played in the box score, Philly is rolling 5-6 guys big minutes and everyone else is low. Chicago is alot more even with the distribution, meaning the high end players are fresher and they trust the low end guys.

On the Blue line, both teams are similar, rolling basically two lines.

The other intersting things are goals for minus goals agaist. Philly is + 1.16 (3.16 and 2), while Chicago is +0.71 (3.27 and 2.56). The nice thing with Philly is, they aren't giving up big rebounds. It's been one and done for the most part.

assuming both can hang on and make it thru to the finals, based on the stats, it should be a pretty tight series.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

i don't want to get to far ahead of ourselves here, but even with Carter back, i think the Hawks are deeper up front. If you look at the minutes played in the box score, Philly is rolling 5-6 guys big minutes and everyone else is low. Chicago is alot more even with the distribution, meaning the high end players are fresher and they trust the low end guys.

On the Blue line, both teams are similar, rolling basically two lines.

The other intersting things are goals for minus goals agaist. Philly is + 1.16 (3.16 and 2), while Chicago is +0.71 (3.27 and 2.56). The nice thing with Philly is, they aren't giving up big rebounds. It's been one and done for the most part.

assuming both can hang on and make it thru to the finals, based on the stats, it should be a pretty tight series.

you are correct on your points except i do think the Flyers have more scoring power. I think the Black hawks are a great team but if you look at points. the black hawks are rely a lot on 3 players who have more than 10 points. the flyers have 5 player with more than 10 points and if you consider that Gagne missed some games he also would have more than 10 points. yes the flyers are playing players alot, they seem to be peaking at the right times.
    Yeah, I thought the Flyers matched up well against the Dallas Stars in 2000 too. That didn't really help, did it?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Yeah, I thought the Flyers matched up well against the Dallas Stars in 2000 too. That didn't really help, did it?

wow your a buzz kill ;) of course nothing is certain but I do like our chances.
    fife wrote:

Yeah, I know - sorry. Negativity is bred in me as a Philly sports fan. But hey, they can never take away our spectacular comeback(s)!

fife wrote:

Yeah, I know - sorry. Negativity is bred in me as a Philly sports fan. But hey, they can never take away our spectacular comeback(s)!

don't worry I understand. won't lie the flyers are the only Philly team i cheer for. but my favorite football team are the Bills so I undertstand.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    fife wrote:

carter sucks. it's no coincidence that the flyers started winning when he went down.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/fly ... z0oQuoTjsV

:thumbup:

Honestly I thought the whole Kate Smith singing has been played out but it does get the crowd going with the duet with Lauren Hart
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    From a Flyer's fan...

Here's a nice video on Crosby and his art of diving....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asWCwaZpXdM

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20100519_Flyers_host_letter-perfect_honor_for_Kate_Smith.html#axzz0oQuoTjsV

Honestly I thought the whole Kate Smith singing has been played out but it does get the crowd going with the duet with Lauren Hart

85 wins vs. 22 losses....do it before every home game from here on out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20100519_Flyers_host_letter-perfect_honor_for_Kate_Smith.html#axzz0oQuoTjsV

85 wins vs. 22 losses....do it before every home game from here on out.

Maybe they can take the dog and pony show on the road ?

8-)

Alright well I would not be shocked to see the HABS win tonight..their season for all intensive purposes is/could be on the line

We get a split Saturday I'm happy

with that said...

LET'S GO FLYERS CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP!!

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Alright well I would not be shocked to see the HABS win tonight..their season for all intensive purposes is/could be on the line

with that said...

I'd be happy if we at least showed up for a game.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430

with that said...

i sense a HABs big win tonight like 4 or 5-1 but the Flyers come back and win the next 2 and we are CUP bound. Going to be very difficult start to the game, Canadians fans will be going apeshit - key will be keeping composure through 1st period. if up or tied after 1st period Flyers should be in good shape. I just see the Habs coming out flying.
    i predict nothing, to do so is silly, but i will state the obvious.

If the Flyers score first, it would be big trouble for the Habs. If the Flyers some how manage to get a 2-0 lead, i have a feeling, you might get a riot in the arena.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    81 wrote:

If the Flyers score first, it would be big trouble for the Habs. If the Flyers some how manage to get a 2-0 lead, i have a feeling, you might get a riot in the arena.
    In the arena, no.
    Out of the arena...after game 4.
    Rygar wrote:
    81 wrote:

In the arena, no.
    Out of the arena...after game 4.

I actually don't know if the flyers have to score early but I will say that if they can just be tied after the 1st 10 minutes i like the Flyers chance. that said, i do think the Habs will come on full force.
    MONTREAL (AP)—Philadelphia’s Jeff Carter(notes) took part in his first full team practice since breaking his right foot last month, but general manager Paul Holmgren says it’s too early to tell when the forward can return in the playoffs.

Declining to provide a timetable for the player’s return, Holmgren was encouraged after watching Carter skate Thursday during practice before Game 3 of the NHL Eastern Conference final series against Montreal, which the Flyers lead 2-0.

Referring to both Carter and injured forward Ian Laperriere(notes) (concussion), Holmgren said: “Both of these players are big parts of our team. And when they’re ready fitness-wise, we’ll talk about it. But we’re not at that point yet.”

Carter has missed 10 games since being struck by teammate Chris Pronger’s(notes) shot in Game 4 of the Flyers’ opening-round series against New Jersey. Carter led Philadelphia with 33 goals in the regular season, and had two goals and an assist in four playoff games before getting hurt.

Laperriere, who’s been cleared for contact, has been out since being struck by a puck to the head while blocking a shot in Game 5 against the Devils.

Carter showed few signs of the injury during team drills, and had no difficulty pushing off his right foot from a stopped start. During a 2-on-1 drill, Carter neatly handled Arron Asham’s(notes) pass by using his skates to kick the puck up to his stick and drive in on net.

Carter stayed on the ice to continue skating after many of his teammates left for the locker room.

Coach Peter Laviolette declined to go into much detail in discussing Carter, except to say “Jeff looked good on the ice.”

Carter did not make himself available to reporters.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802
    Get 'em on Sat. boys!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    that was ugly. only good thing was the fight at the end.

:cry:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg