The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    tis pretty fucked up to have the 1/2 out west and the 7/8 in the east.

gotta figure the sharks/hawks series is for the cup.

however, if it comes down to Philly/Chicago...i'm going to have to go. that would be sick.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    WOW JUST WOW!!!!!

UNFUCKINBELIEVABLE!!!!

I was holding the baby when they made it 4-3 I almost tossed her across the room!!!

:lol:

Imagine if Gagne had 2 healthy feet !?!?!

Man what a gutsy performance
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    This makes me think the NHL is rigged and is trying to win back fans, because that was something out of a fucking script of a movie.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    This makes me think the NHL is rigged and is trying to win back fans, because that was something out of a fucking script of a movie.

nah, not even hollywood can script a choke job like that

Lavy called in that little kid to do the USA Team speech in the 1st Intermission

The Fixer wrote:

Choking is blowing a 3-0 series lead. Coming back to win a game down 3-0 is fucking unreal. I'm not a hockey nerd, but I feel pride in knowing my city is only one of 4 teams in the history of major professional sports in North America with a 7 game playoff format to do this - and the latest. I hate this phrase because it's gay, but it definitely plays here - EPIC.
    The Fixer wrote:

No way man, Buttman doesn't want the Flyers to win

His dream sceanrio for the fans would have been Pitt

anybody get a good look at the goal that was ruled no goal? Toronto has already jobbed us twice this season...so i am a bit concerned. they only gave three quick reviews from different angles
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    anybody get a good look at the goal that was ruled no goal? Toronto has already jobbed us twice this season...so i am a bit concerned. they only gave three quick reviews from different angles

Definitely, and I'm not one to believe in a conspiracy theories. If you could hear the Philly broadcast - they showed it a ton of times. They were sayin it without sayin it, that it was a goal.
    edited May 2010
    81 wrote:

I thought it was in from the angle on CSN-Philly from in front of the net

Rasks' pad was in the net and the puck was on it and then in front of it passed the line

Thankfully it didnt matter in the outcome

81 wrote:

Definitely, and I'm not one to believe in a conspiracy theories. If you could hear the Philly broadcast - they showed it a ton of times. They were sayin it without sayin it, that it was a goal.

2 points...

1 - I'm against replay in all sports. half the time they still get the calls wrong

2 - the flyers announcers are the most biased I've ever heard, in any sport. jim jackson is a great play-by-play guy, but he cries every time a flyer hits the ice without a call. and steve coates is the chris wheeler of hockey
    81 wrote:

I thought it was in from the angle on CSN-Philly from in front of the net

Rasks' pad was in the net and the puck was on it and then in front of it passed the line

Thankfully it didnt matter in the outcome

that's what it looked like to me in the quick shot they showed on VS.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

2 - the flyers announcers are the most biased I've ever heard, in any sport. jim jackson is a great play-by-play guy, but he cries every time a flyer hits the ice without a call. and steve coates is the chris wheeler of hockey

be glad you didn't have to listen to boston guys. they are brutal.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

2 points...

1 - I'm against replay in all sports. half the time they still get the calls wrong

And that's why I love them. I WANT them to be biased. Clement better stay as color man. I know he's a good national guy, but he's gotta stay. The new Doernhoffer. And Jim Jackson is a great play by play guy - sounds like he should be calling a ballgame in the 1940's. And Coatsey - well, he's just drunk.

EDIT: There's a difference between being biased and towing the company line. Wheels is a pedophile that sucks penis, McCarthy as well. But Franzke and LA should be on TV and the're incredibly biased. They just don't look at everything with red colored glasses.
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

2 points...

I dont mind replays it does help get the call right

What home home team announcers aren't homers? Have you heard that Jackass in Boston Edwards ?

They're all homers...Clement is more of a National guy being on ESPN and every other NHL Show or broadcast

The Fixer wrote:
    [

really, you like the over-bias (think I just made that word up)?? I like jackson...even met him at chickies after a game one night and he was cool as hell...anyone that can pull off his old stache has to be cool right?

I just wish announcers were more like kalas...you knew he was pulling for the phils, but he wasn't obnoxious about it. I think jackson borders on obnoxious. He might as well wear a flyer jersey during telecasts
    Oh, yeah, one more thing I want to reiterate what my uncle passed onto me when he said they were marching down Broad after Philly beat Boston for The Cup.....ahem....

ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR

WHO THE FUCK IS BOBBY ORR!!!!
    I still suck at quoting

yeah, I know jack edwards. he used to be on sportscenter back in the day. I don't think he's terrible.

I went to college in baltimore...the caps guys are beyond horrendous. their play by play by is now on vs a lot. forget his name...it's joe something (italian name).

jearlpam...I laughed out loud with your wheels/mccarthy analysis. mccarthy's fake laugh makes me sick to my stomach every time I hear it. he's so bad. and wheels...well there's just nothing to say
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    [

really, you like the over-bias (think I just made that word up)?? I like jackson...even met him at chickies after a game one night and he was cool as hell...anyone that can pull off his old stache has to be cool right?

I just wish announcers were more like kalas...you knew he was pulling for the phils, but he wasn't obnoxious about it. I think jackson borders on obnoxious. He might as well wear a flyer jersey during telecasts

No one can match Harry the K

If you ever hear some of the guys on TSN...they are solid

Jim Hughson I like

The Fixer wrote:
    I still suck at quoting

yeah, I know jack edwards. he used to be on sportscenter back in the day. I don't think he's terrible.

I went to college in baltimore...the caps guys are beyond horrendous. their play by play by is now on vs a lot. forget his name...it's joe something (italian name).

jearlpam...I laughed out loud with your wheels/mccarthy analysis. mccarthy's fake laugh makes me sick to my stomach every time I hear it. he's so bad. and wheels...well there's just nothing to say

Plus McCarthy is a Muts Reject announcer with flabby man boobs

The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    [

Still can't believe he shaved off the stache. But yeah, I want my guys biased all day. Not like Wheels because he'll make a 90 loss Phils team sound like they're just one player away from being good. Even JJ doesn't do that.

If the Flyers, Eagles, or Phils are real bad - their respective announcers of JJ, Merle, and Harry(now gone) would pull for the team but not sugarcoat a shitty team(I can't include the Sixers in this conversation because they were wrong in firing Mix and Zumoff is THE WORST). This is what I feel through Franzke and LA also. Though I may be the only person I know who likes Joe Buck, I just don't wanna hear national announcers if I have the choice. I want MY guys. I don't give a shit about the other side of the fence whatsoever.

EDIT: McCarthy started here, then went to the Mets, then came back. If he wasn't such a tool, I think he'd have the baritone voice to be good. He just doesn't shut up. I need silence in my telecasts of baseball sometimes.
    edited May 2010
    To be honest other than Baseball for me I could give a fuck really who calls the game

Baseball is just needs a good team with all the down time in between pitches and batters stepping out

And all the other stuff

Nobody can compare to Gene Hart he was unbelievable with his excitement and how he called the game

He coined phrases for christ sake
    Post edited by Phantom Pain on

The Fixer wrote:
    [

Still can't believe he shaved off the stache. But yeah, I want my guys biased all day. Not like Wheels because he'll make a 90 loss Phils team sound like they're just one player away from being good. Even JJ doesn't do that.

If the Flyers, Eagles, or Phils are real bad - their respective announcers of JJ, Merle, and Harry(now gone) would pull for the team but not sugarcoat a shitty team(I can't include the Sixers in this conversation because they were wrong in firing Mix and Zumoff is THE WORST). This is what I feel through Franzke and LA also. Though I may be the only person I know who likes Joe Buck, I just don't wanna hear national announcers if I have the choice. I want MY guys. I don't give a shit about the other side of the fence whatsoever.

EDIT: McCarthy started here, then went to the Mets, then came back. If he wasn't such a tool, I think he'd have the baritone voice to be good. He just doesn't shut up. I need silence in my telecasts of baseball sometimes.

we're running from the Staples Center!! you don't like that? I think firing mix was a mistake too. you ever see donyell marshall on the postgame show? he sounds like the dude that was selling magazines in Office Space.

I don't mind joe buck for baseball...not a fan for football though. mccarver is awful though. talk about never shutting up.

for the most part I don't mind the philly announcers. except for the phils TV guys. though sarge is awesome. he gets 50% of names right...which adds some comedy to the telecast. my favorite is him calling josh willingham - josh wilimington for an entire game. classic. love that dude
    The Fixer wrote:
    we're running from the Staples Center!! you don't like that? I think firing mix was a mistake too. you ever see donyell marshall on the postgame show? he sounds like the dude that was selling magazines in Office Space.

I don't mind joe buck for baseball...not a fan for football though. mccarver is awful though. talk about never shutting up.

for the most part I don't mind the philly announcers. except for the phils TV guys. though sarge is awesome. he gets 50% of names right...which adds some comedy to the telecast. my favorite is him calling josh willingham - josh wilimington for an entire game. classic. love that dude

Dude, we made a drinking game out of Donyell for every time he fucks up or makes it hard to watch. Like watching a car wreck. And I think his mom dresses him. And when Sportsnite proceeds postgame live for the Sixers - between Donyell and Amy Fadool, you get fuuuuucked up. And then you go to bed masturbating to Amy Fadool. That's the rule.

And that's what I meant - Joe Buck for baseball. I find him hilarious, and think me and my other buddy are the only ones who do.

And Wheels just said "these uniforms are really cool." FUCK. It's not your wife, but this that now makes me rescind my sentiment.
    To be honest other than Baseball for me I could give a fuck really who calls the game

Baseball is just needs a good team with all the down time in between pitches and batters stepping out

And all the other stuff

Nobody can compare to Gene Hart he was unbelievable with his excitement and how he called the game

I barely remember gene hart. when I got into the flyers it was mike emerick

what time do flyers play on sunday?
    The Fixer wrote:

Dude, we made a drinking game out of Donyell for every time he fucks up or makes it hard to watch. Like watching a car wreck. And I think his mom dresses him. And when Sportsnite proceeds postgame live for the Sixers - between Donyell and Amy Fadool, you get fuuuuucked up. And then you go to bed masturbating to Amy Fadool. That's the rule.

And that's what I meant - Joe Buck for baseball. I find him hilarious, and think me and my other buddy are the only ones who do.

And Wheels just said "these uniforms are really cool." FUCK. It's not your wife, but this that now makes me rescind my sentiment.

amy fadool is like the two-face chick jerry dated on seinfeld. I'd be kinda scared to meet her in person if she didn't have make-up on
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

amy fadool is like the two-face chick jerry dated on seinfeld. I'd be kinda scared to meet her in person if she didn't have make-up on

YES. Love this.

She's my friend on FB - ya know why? Because I seriously think she's attainable.

And the Flyers are at 7 on Sunday.
    The Fixer wrote:

And all the other stuff

He was unbelievable....if you get a chance try to find some old Flyers clips

7pm

Early game Hawks-SJ @3pm on NBC

Man anyone see Lavy at the Post Game Presser ?

He's almost choked up talking about his team

The Fixer wrote:

And all the other stuff

He was unbelievable....if you get a chance try to find some old Flyers clips

7pm

Early game Hawks-SJ @3pm on NBC

fuckin A. I have a softball game at 6 on sunday.

flyers at 7, phils at 8. come on rain