The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,726
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm probably in the minority here, but I HATE watching big games out at a bar or crowded venue. I like to be in a controlled environment so I can hear what's going on with injuries and such. I also can't stand listening to 'new fans' scream dumb, obnoxious shit that doesn't make sense (like every home phillies game these days).

The flyers are desperate to fill that building. I get 20 emails a week from them asking if I want to buy playoff tix. They're just after concession sales. I'll be sitting on my couch flipping between the flyboys and phils

The flyers have let me down way too many times over the years. Hate to say it, but I think they lose tonight (I've been saying that for 3 games now, so that is probably a good thing)

Comcast-Spectacor desperately need this after the Sixers debacle. Sixers reps that I talk to said they took 20-30K cuts this year because they couldn't sell shit. That is brutal.

I am not a huge fan of watching big games in bars but I don't hate it. I refeuse to watch a big game at a bar that does not have sound on though. I will be watching tonights game at a bar but then again, I don't really have a huge rooting interest.

You know the crowd - a Flyers crowd. And by that, I mean a lot of hammers and nerds. I kid, I kid.

Terrible picture but I am 100% sure this guy will be there

tumblr_kwpkcfznNA1qaagg9.jpg

That dude is out of his tree. Fucking guy gets there a half hour before doors open for every game and just paces around the concourse. He is also a delivery guy for Slacks in Port Richmond.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,968
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You know the crowd - a Flyers crowd. And by that, I mean a lot of hammers and nerds. I kid, I kid.

That dude is out of his tree. Fucking guy gets there a half hour before doors open for every game and just paces around the concourse. He is also a delivery guy for Slacks in Port Richmond.

A whooollllle lot of jean shorts and construction boots. Special appearance by the worn out leather jacket as well.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

A whooollllle lot of jean shorts and construction boots. Special appearance by the worn out leather jacket as well.

Not to mention the female flyers fans. Ever seen one? Not a wonderful sight, they all wear hockey jerseys which is quite possibly the worst thing a chick could ever wear.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Not to mention the female flyers fans. Ever seen one? Not a wonderful sight, they all wear hockey jerseys which is quite possibly the worst thing a chick could ever wear.

Usually I see a lot of hot chicks at Flyers games. Nothing like a Phils game, but it's usually decent. I don't know if you saw the last game on Comcast, but there was some smooooking chick they kept showing near the glass. I don't know if the tattoos on her chest made her hotter or not though.
    edited May 2010
    Usually I see a lot of hot chicks at Flyers games. Nothing like a Phils game, but it's usually decent. I don't know if you saw the last game on Comcast, but there was some smooooking chick they kept showing near the glass. I don't know if the tattoos on her chest made her hotter or not though.

Really? I don't know if it was just when I worked there but Flyers games were pretty brutal in that department.

Edit: Probably because it's the playoffs as well. The chicks that were at a regular season tuesday night game against a shitty team, yeah....not great.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Really? I don't know if it was just when I worked there but Flyers games were pretty brutal in that department.

Hmmm, I don't know. Yeah, chicks in jersey are not flattering - unless their football jerseys and their baby size. Maybe I was just looking at the ice girls the whole time. SPONSORED BY CABRINI - they would always yell.

Anyway.....let's go PEEEEEECOOOOO POWER PLAAAAY.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yeah, it's free. Thinking about it...

Thats cool, would probably be a good time. Wonder what kind of crowd they will get.

)

The only reason I have a gut feeling they lose tonight is because it seems like everyone in the media around here - and almost feels like the players too - are making it sound like they've already come back to make history. Not yet, my friends - like when Comcast was all set to head to San Diego for the Super Bowl in 2003. Like they already have all these heroic stories lined up and they can't help themselves. And for this, I have a gut feeling they lose. That, and for some reason I think Leighton comes up small tonight. God, I hope I'm wrong.

And for big games - it depends. Watching the Phils clinch the pennant in '08 at the Irish Pub was way better than when I watched it at home last year. People spraying beer everywhere, people hugging each other, running down Walnut to Broad. Awesome. Now, granted being at the games when they clinched the division in '08 on that double play, Shane's salami on CC, game 1 of the LCS in '08, Jimmy's double in the LCS in '09, game 5 of the WS last year, and of course game 5 of the WS in '08 were all supremely better being there.[/quote]

I wasn't associating being there with being at a bar. obviously it's best to see the game in person. been to 5 of the 6 home WS games in the last 2 years (missed the halloween game due to some concert -- did have a box so I could watch both)...I was there for the rollins game, the utley/burrell homers off lowe, and the pennant clinching win last year...nothing beats playoff baseball

and I agree with the already won something theory. to quote the great winston wolf, 'let's not start sucking each others dicks quite yet'
    CORRECTION - Phils wear the powder blues tonight. Word.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Hmmm, I don't know. Yeah, chicks in jersey are not flattering - unless their football jerseys and their baby size. Maybe I was just looking at the ice girls the whole time. SPONSORED BY CABRINI - they would always yell.

Anyway.....let's go PEEEEEECOOOOO POWER PLAAAAY.

great exchange by you two. trying to think of something funny to add, but I've got nothing. chicks at certain bands concerts are usually in the same category as the hockey jersey girls.

anyway, carry on...
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I will be watching the game at home thank you very much !

Being at home for the big games is waaaaaaaaaaay better..most times

If Im there with a big group of friends and we're at the bar its cool but most times people are annoying as hell
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

If Im there with a big group of friends and we're at the bar its cool but most times people are annoying as hell

invite me over :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

you must have missed the annoying as hell part :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

you must have missed the annoying as hell part :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: i did

im a good hockey fan who will be rooting hard for the flyers :D
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    LET'S GO CASE OF TASTYKAKES!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:

And for big games - it depends. Watching the Phils clinch the pennant in '08 at the Irish Pub was way better than when I watched it at home last year. People spraying beer everywhere, people hugging each other, running down Walnut to Broad. Awesome. Now, granted being at the games when they clinched the division in '08 on that double play, Shane's salami on CC, game 1 of the LCS in '08, Jimmy's double in the LCS in '09, game 5 of the WS last year, and of course game 5 of the WS in '08 were all supremely better being there.

same here. saw 2nd half of game 5 at hooters (not my first choice--but it was awesome). our waitress was not only smoking hot but was right on point. we had her bring us 4 bottles champaign the immediate second following the last out....and BOOOOM--there they were! onto conshy to celebrate. good times.
    www.myspace.com
    Taking my pre-game nap then it's on !!!

LETS GO FLYERS!!!

JUST BET THE BRUINS DOUBLE !!!

PAIN IF THIS WORKS I WANT A CHECK FOR HALF MY LOSSES :mrgreen:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    half hour till game time. :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Welp, everything I've felt in my gut has come true so far. So, maybe they'll come back....or not.....anyway, that was fun.
    big goal

cmon suckers
    My heart can't take much more

:crazy:

veryexcited.gif
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    veryexcited.gif

x a million :D:lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    game. blouses.

if I was a bruin fan I'd be pacing around on a bridge right now. biggest choke job ever
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Beat the HABS guys .... beat the HABS .... congrats.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Wow unreal,this game was the series in a nutshell. 3-0 to 4-3 in both go flyers!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Danimal wrote:
    I can't believe how bad you guys suck. Give us a game for crying out loud. What a joke.

you want a game? you want a game?? you can't handle a game. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    CONGRATULATIONS nice comeback now knockout the HABS for peace sake.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

WOW!! AWESOME HEART GOOD JOB

i've never seen two teams with such busted holes play each other in an eastern final :lol: