The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    so that's 3 out of 5 years in the finals for Carter and Richards. I wonder if all those who said Carter sucks will acknowledge they were wrong. 2nd in points, 2nd in goals and 1st in assists in this years playoffs.

I hope Giroux has been watching the playoffs and realizes you have to shoot the fucking puck as much as possible because so many goals are off bounces. one of the things that drives me crazy about Giroux is he seems reluctant to shoot often and looks to make the great pass instead.
  • Carter has some amazing skills, dude is still relatively young as well.
    I have to thank Philly again for trading Carter and Richards away, LA is in position for another cup and neither run happens without those two guys.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    pjhawks said:

so that's 3 out of 5 years in the finals for Carter and Richards. I wonder if all those who said Carter sucks will acknowledge they were wrong. 2nd in points, 2nd in goals and 1st in assists in this years playoffs.

I hope Giroux has been watching the playoffs and realizes you have to shoot the fucking puck as much as possible because so many goals are off bounces. one of the things that drives me crazy about Giroux is he seems reluctant to shoot often and looks to make the great pass instead.

I never said Carter sucks but where was he when the Flyers were in the playoffs? What he's doing now didn't happen here and fucking your teammate's wife will get you shipped to Columbus. Sure it sucks watching them have so much playoff success now. I miss Richards more than Carter.

Now the question is, Rangers or Kings?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    i don't think the Rangers can beat the Kings unless Lundquist is out of his mind 4 times. I think the Kings in 5. Kings just have too much depth and skill for the Rangers i think.
    Who was the only road team to not win a game 7 this year?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Lol whose wife did carter supposedly wear out?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    They should have traded Hartnell.

Lol whose wife did carter supposedly wear out?

The guy named above.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • ohhh. Yeah I can see that messing with a locker room.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited June 2014
    Those rumors have been around for years, never substantiated.

While we are playing what if's, it would have been great if Carter had he elevated that puck another inch over Niemi in Game 6...or had the Flyers gotten even average goaltending against the Hawks that series, they would have won the Cup. Didnt happen.

Oh, and the Flyers traded Carter to Columbus.Again. He whined his way out of there to play with his butt buddy Richards.

This SC finals is prob the worst match up for a Flyer fan. I gotta root for the Kings tho, as a real Flyers fan, you absolutely cannot root for the N.Y. Rangers.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

Those rumors have been around for years, never substantiated.

While we are playing what if's, it would have been great if Carter had he elevated that puck another inch over Niemi in Game 6...or had the Flyers gotten even average goaltending against the Hawks that series, they would have won the Cup. Didnt happen.

Oh, and the Flyers traded Carter to Columbus.Again. He whined his way out of there to play with his butt buddy Richards.

This SC finals is prob the worst match up for a Flyer fan. I gotta root for the Kings tho, as a real Flyers fan, you absolutely cannot root for the N.Y. Rangers.

Not a rumor. John Stevens admitted it to someone I know.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Didn't lindros wear out brind'amour's wife too? Isn't that what sent brind'amour to the canes, an "either he goes or I go" scenario? I could've sworn I heard that back then from a buddy of mine who knew fedoruck.
    badbrains said:

Didn't lindros wear out brind'amour's wife too? Isn't that what sent brind'amour to the canes, an "either he goes or I go" scenario? I could've sworn I heard that back then from a buddy of mine who knew fedoruck.
    yes that was the rumor back then. of course then we had the rumors that jayson werth slept with chase utley's wife as well. could be some truth to the carter-hartnell one though as hartnell and his wife did get divorced.
    The Vincent Lecavalier era in Philadelphia might be short-lived, according to a report from TSN's Darren Dreger.

Lecavalier was signed by the Philadelphia Flyers after the Tampa Bay Lightning used a compliance buyout on his long-term contract last summer, but he often struggled in his first season on Broad Street. Though the former Lightning star managed 20 goals, he was a liability at even-strength and found himself demoted to a fourth-line role for the postseason.

Considering Lecavalier's atrophying two-way effectiveness and his sizable cap-hit, it's not exactly a huge surprise the Flyers have interest in trading the 34-year-old center. "The word on the street is that, yes, Vincent Lecavalier most definitely is in play," TSN's Darren Dreger said during a segment of Insider Trading on "Sportscentre" Wednesday night.
    edited June 2014
    Apparently they have just resigned Timonen to a 1 year deal. Very interested to see the dollar amount.

1 Year Around $2M- Up to $4M if bonuses are met.
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
  • BCBABCBA Posts: 220
    Didnt they give Lacavalier a full no-movement clause?
    BCBA said:

He has a NMC.

BCBA said:

he was playing on the 4th line and barely played (if at all) in the 3rd period of game 7 vs. the Rangers. I'm pretty sure he will waive it to go somewhere that wants him if a team can be found to take him.
    pjhawks said:

BCBA said:

he was playing on the 4th line and barely played (if at all) in the 3rd period of game 7 vs. the Rangers. I'm pretty sure he will waive it to go somewhere that wants him if a team can be found to take him.
    I agree with the NMC. It pretty much means nothing and idk why players sign them. If a team asks to trade me, means they dnt want me anymore and I wouldn't want to play for someone who doesn't want me. Basically for me a nonissue. Others, not so sure. Haven't seen it come to play much, could be wrong tho.
    edited June 2014
    Timonen back pretty much means someone has to go for salary purposes. csnphilly.com keeps have updates on possible free agents targets but guessing any will have to be lower cost veterans
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    Rj umburger for hartnell
    badbrains said:

Rj umburger for hartnell

Not sure how Umberger's been playing but Hartsey was getting slow. Scott had a good run here though.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    edited June 2014
    Mite benefit both teams maybe. Dnt know but maybe cap space? Hartsy makes a decent chunk of change
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Very good trade. Better 2 way player for less years and money
    Go Birds!!!!
    This is basically Hextall making a move to start getting rid of some of Holmgrens bad contracts. Flyers get the less productive player, but shave off 2 years from Hartnells contract down the line.

Scoring from Wingers is even more of a need for this team now and it needs to be addressed.
    81 and I had a chuckle about u guys signing Richards now lol
    badbrains said:

81 and I had a chuckle about u guys signing Richards now lol

It wont happen.

Apparently Hartnell asked out. Berube is said to not be a fan of Hartnells conditioning, and Hextall is a big fitness guy. I imagine that payed a big part in this trade.

I expect this to be the first of a couple moves made before the start of the season.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    i guess it's a good deal, although i really liked Hartnell. Good to see Umberger back (he played for us a few years ago, right?)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Flyers agree to terms on a multi-year contract extension with Brayden Schenn
    Monday, 06.23.2014 / 5:42 PM / News
    Philadelphia Flyers
    Comment Print E-mail
    The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that the club has agreed to terms on a multi-year contract extension with center Brayden Schenn, according to general manager Ron Hextall.

Per team policy, no financial terms were disclosed.

Brayden Schenn, 22 (8/22/1991), recently completed his third season with the Flyers where he recorded 41 points (20g-21a) and appeared in all 82 games. His 20 goals, 21 assists and 41 points were all new career highs.

He joined the Flyers exactly three years ago when he was acquired (along with Wayne Simmonds and a 2nd round pick in 2012) in a trade with the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for Mike Richards and Rob Bordson.

In his three seasons with the Flyers, he has posted 40 goals and 45 assists for 85 points in 183 regular season games while adding another 12 points (3g-8a) in 18 Stanley Cup Playoff games.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327

Flyers agree to terms on a multi-year contract extension with Brayden Schenn
    Monday, 06.23.2014 / 5:42 PM / News
    Philadelphia Flyers
    Comment Print E-mail
    The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that the club has agreed to terms on a multi-year contract extension with center Brayden Schenn, according to general manager Ron Hextall.

Per team policy, no financial terms were disclosed.

Brayden Schenn, 22 (8/22/1991), recently completed his third season with the Flyers where he recorded 41 points (20g-21a) and appeared in all 82 games. His 20 goals, 21 assists and 41 points were all new career highs.

He joined the Flyers exactly three years ago when he was acquired (along with Wayne Simmonds and a 2nd round pick in 2012) in a trade with the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for Mike Richards and Rob Bordson.

In his three seasons with the Flyers, he has posted 40 goals and 45 assists for 85 points in 183 regular season games while adding another 12 points (3g-8a) in 18 Stanley Cup Playoff games.

its a 2 year contract for 5 million. not bad for the price. as for the hartnell trade i get that they wanted to get out of that contract but I don't see how Umberger is an improvement other than the 2 years less on his contract. there goes another favorite of Claude.