The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,121
    edited April 2014
    JK_Livin said:
    That is awesome!
    :))
    When we went to a game earlier this year my nephew and I were cheering for which ice girl we liked the best every break. He is 9. (Easily influenced, clearly!)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    well i thought it would be a blow out last night just had the wrong team thankfully. Mason was great last night. Gotta think game 7 is going to be a tight one.

on a side note i can't stand the flopping in sports these days. just stop already. it's pathetic and embarrassing.

as for he picture above I did see that girl on the broadcast last night and pretty much had the same reaction as that guy.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    edited April 2014
    Hoping their Momentum carries them later. Wouldn't mind if this game went into an OT or two. i say 2-1 Flyers in 2 OT :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Decent little run, just too young/inconsistant of a team.

Def some changes to be made this summer. I m curious to see if Holmgren makes it until the draft.

The defense was flat out brutal in this series, as a whole.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    one could only imagine if Mason had played in the first three games...

Oh well another good regular season followed by another disappointing playoff loss ;):))
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    You know what's comical? After game 4 mason talking about winning it on home ice.
    Tonight he talked about the beginning of the season and how tough they are to be there.

Which way is it?

You know what's comical? After game 4 mason talking about winning it on home ice.
    Tonight he talked about the beginning of the season and how tough they are to be there.

Which way is it?

What? Thats the post series trash talk you got?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723

Which way is it?

Not really talking shit. I get a kick out of athletes who talk shit, especially when they walk it back
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Fack. Amazing we only lost 2-1. Mason was great, the rest of the team was on a scale of ehh to horrible . Vinny didn't play the 3rd!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    thoughts and comments:

the Rangers were just better. other than game 6 the Rangers controlled pretty much every other period.

giroux sucked despite what the media is trying to sell us. flat out gagged a wide open net from 7 feet in game 7 and shot wide from 15 feet in the last 2 minutes of game 7 . he sucked all series. only forward worse was Hartnell.

hard to believe you can't find at least one shift for Lecavalier in the 3rd period. guy has a rocket of a shot maybe throw him out there with one of the good lines at least once in the 3rd?

Mason was great. would have been nice to have him in the 1st 3 games. at least for the 1st time since about 1987 flyers can't blame goaltending for a playoff loss.

it's 2014 and we can put ice in Dodger stadium in 80 degree weather isn't it time to figure out how to get good ice for arena's like the Wells Fargo and MSG even when they are used every night? you would think by now they would have figured this out a bit better.

let's see if the flyers have the balls to play laughton and gotisbehere next here. since they aren't big on using young guys will be interesting to see.
    Couturier, ZERO points.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    B. Schenn was pretty bad as well. Should I give each Flyer his own post?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Couturier, ZERO points.

Couturier was fantastic on the penalty kill so the no points I'll give him a little bit of a pass.

agree Schenn was a non-factor

a post for each player would at least give this place some juice.
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Couturier, ZERO points.

Couturier was fantastic on the penalty kill so the no points I'll give him a little bit of a pass.

agree Schenn was a non-factor

a post for each player would at least give this place some juice.
    I know Couturier does a lot of good things but you never want to be on a list in which the only other player is Rinaldo.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Timonen, a good soldier but it's time to retire.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    edited May 2014

Which way is it?

Not really talking shit. I get a kick out of athletes who talk shit, especially when they walk it back
    I'm not really sure how what you posted is Mason talking shit.
    He didnt play the first 3 games, then won his first start after returning from a Concussion.
    Should he not be happy?

Then after he lost a Game 7 of a series in which he clearly was the best player on the ice for his team, he talked about making the playoffs after this teams dreadful start to the season. Not many teams would have even made the playoffs.

How is any of that trash talking?
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
    17th pick in the draft this year.... I think they move up.
    #Flyers captain Claude Giroux is a finalist for the Hart Trophy as #NHL MVP along with Sidney Crosby and Ryan Getzlaf.

He wont win but very impressive feat after that awful start to the season for him.
    Holmgren to be President...Hextall new GM according to reports....
    so Holmgren essentially has gotten fired but got a promotion. don't know if that is more sad or more funny.

always been a fan of Hextall. Glad to see him get the job.
    Highlights of the PC for me:

"All hockey decisions will be in Hextalls hands"

"I like young players...and I like draft picks"- Hextall

"We gotta keep our draft picks and draft and develop well. Gonna build from within"

"5 on 5 play has got to get better"

"I think Ron has a Flyers tattoo on his ass." Snider: "What did he just say?"

Hextall ripping the Oilers for collecting #1 picks year after year...

I like how he keeps stressing the importance of keeping draft picks and building up the AHL team.....
    I think it was a decent move. Will be interesting to see what his first move is.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772

Holmgren to be President...Hextall new GM according to reports....

And Berube is the coach?>WOW!!>When i use to follow the Flyers when those guys played, they didn't come across as rocket scientist to me>LOL! I always hated when Berube was on the ice near the end of a CLOSE game for fear of a DUMB penalty.
    Rangers/Pens series was a tough one to watch. Obviously hate the Rangers but i can't stand Crosby and was kinda glad the Rangers won actually. Now hopefully they lose in the next round. :P
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Carter and Richards with big efforts in Game 7 and moving onto the Conference finals for the 4th time in 5 years. all they do is win games.

too bad that Fixer dude is not around here anymore. he head must be exploding with those 2. although I'm sure like the rest he'd never admit he was wrong about them.

Carter, Richards, Briere, Justin Williams and Patrick Sharpe still playing. be a nice set of forwards to have wouldn't you say?
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited May 2014
    Still around, just dont have time to argue w people i dont respect. He actually defended 'macdonald' (correct spelling) during the rangers series. Hahaha. He is the gift that keeps on giving

Keep ripping giroux and hamels...and supporting guys like howard, briere, carter and macdonald.

I hated to see richards go, but that trade made sense. And the carter trade was a steal. People who still talk about this shit are the ones who are pissed they didnt pay ville leino. They will never learn

Around here we know some folks are never right. Which is why theyre better left ignored. Good luck w that. Youre the ones who cement the imbecile reputation that the rest of the philly fanbase has to consistently overcome.

Thanks
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    The Fixer said:

Still around, just dont have time to argue w people i dont respect. He actually defended 'macdonald' (correct spelling) during the rangers series. Hahaha. He is the gift that keeps on giving

Keep ripping giroux and hamels...and supporting guys like howard, briere, carter and macdonald.

I hated to see richards go, but that trade made sense. And the carter trade was a steal. People who still talk about this shit are the ones who are pissed they didnt pay ville leino. They will never learn

Around here we know some folks are never right. Which is why theyre better left ignored. Good luck w that. Youre the ones who cement the imbecile reputation that the rest of the philly fanbase has to consistently overcome.

Thanks

I guess calling a guy 'very good' like I did with hamels is considered ripping to some people. and coming from a miserable sob like yourself who doesn't like anything or anyone is pretty fn funny to me.

briere is one of the top playoff goal scorers of all time. I don't think its a stretch to defend him. and well Carter and Richards just play on teams that win. but fuck who wants to win game when you can have brayden schenn and wayne simmons on your team.

too bad they didn't fight more against the Rangers. maybe that was the ticket to winning? I know how you think it's still a relevant strategy :))

not that you will but feel free to answer this simple question. do you still love where this flyers franchise is?
    Carter, Jeff - hat trick game 2 of the conference finals. good effort.
    seriously some team needs to hire the Fixer as a motivational speaker. as soon as he opens his mouth about a guy boom big goals left and right. carter the other night and briere last night. uncanny. awesome