Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i hope your Rangers lose to Toronto tonight or Philly on friday so we can have a no holds barred royal rumble on sunday
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!!!!!!

I hope TOR wins tonight so i can just enjoy my weekend
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!!!!!!

I hope TOR wins tonight so i can just enjoy my weekend

me to ;):o
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Carts to Practice today and possibly play this Friday

Let the games begin !

I dont trust Boucher so we will see what happens

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    THROW THE SINK AT THIS BUM GOALIE :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    THROW THE SINK AT THIS BUM GOALIE :mrgreen:

Some nights he can stop a bb and other nights he cant stop a beach ball!!

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    can I have the start on sunday in goal. the last two (3rd and 4th of the game) Rangers goals should NOT have happened.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    that was some crappy goaltending at it's finest. fuck
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    they stink. make playoffs and get swept or choke and miss playoffs. it's a lose-lose

please trade carter...the dude is a bum.

if carey price for carter was on the table they should have done it. either way homer needs to go. too many mistakes
  • Options
    carter isn't the problem. the problem is between the pipes. don't know what was worse, the soft goals or the bang the puck off the pipe trying to pass behind the net.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    carter isn't the problem. the problem is between the pipes. don't know what was worse, the soft goals or the bang the puck off the pipe trying to pass behind the net.

I agree

I've gotten to the point where I hope Sunday is it for this team

Goaltending is horrible.....bad penalties and not enough effort not in and night out by this team

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    thank you Pronger, for that flub to Gaborik
    and the Ranger go ahead goal
    and game winner.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    thank you Pronger, for that flub to Gaborik
    and the Ranger go ahead goal
    and game winner.

you should be thanking bouch for letting in the crap. yes pronger had it bounce on him, but bouch played it just terrible
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

carter is overrated. he is too one dimensional. all he does well is shoot the puck. with him and briere as 2 of the top 6 forwards this team will never be good enough.

carter is one of the few trade chips they have. I'd love to see him moved

I don't know why holmgren gets a free pass in philly. he has made some terrible decisions over the last few years.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Well win or lose tomorrow, I don't care anymore, I'm in.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

carter is overrated. he is too one dimensional. all he does well is shoot the puck. with him and briere as 2 of the top 6 forwards this team will never be good enough.

I don't know why holmgren gets a free pass in philly. he has made some terrible decisions over the last few years.

they are still not the issue. the issue is in the blue paint. when you have a number one goalie that makes the easy saves look hard, you don't have a number one goalie and right now, we don't have a number one. i'm not buying leighton long term. Emery was playing well before he got hurt.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

they are still not the issue. the issue is in the blue paint. when you have a number one goalie that makes the easy saves look hard, you don't have a number one goalie and right now, we don't have a number one. i'm not buying leighton long term. Emery was playing well before he got hurt.

you're right...which is why if price for carter was on the table they should have pulled the trigger.

holmgren is the one that's in charge of solving the goalie problem. he hasn't done the job

if they weren't playing the rangers tomorrow I wouldn't even care if they won or lost.
  • Options
    If we win 7th place is ours

Not so bad against the Devils..regular season anyway

:roll:

• Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    they stink. make playoffs and get swept or choke and miss playoffs. it's a lose-lose

if carey price for carter was on the table they should have done it. either way homer needs to go. too many mistakes

This team has trouble enough scoring goals and you want to trade a guy who on any given season can score 40 goals ?

If Price is so good why has the Habs benched him in favor of Halak ? Price seems like a head case to me..no thanks

• Options
    lauren hart, the anti kate smith.

she needs to go too...she is bad luck
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

This team has trouble enough scoring goals and you want to trade a guy who on any given season can score 40 goals ?

If Price is so good why has the Habs benched him in favor of Halak ? Price seems like a head case to me..no thanks

the caps and pens are the only teams in the Eastern Conf that scored more goals than the flyers. scoring goals isn't the problem. and you can always find dudes that can score.

you were right the first time, their main problem is in net. price is still young...I think getting out of montreal would be good for him. carter is nothing special...he set the record for getting stoned in a playoff series last year vs pittsburgh
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,312
    YAY we're in! veryexcited.gif
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Hats off to the Flyers.
    They were the better team today,
    deserved to move on.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    If we win 7th place is ours

Not so bad against the Devils..regular season anyway

:roll:

avoids washington. that's a good thing :lol:

flyers were top 10 in scoring...problem is, they either get a bunch or none. no in between.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    The Fixer wrote:

the caps and pens are the only teams in the Eastern Conf that scored more goals than the flyers. scoring goals isn't the problem. and you can always find dudes that can score.

you were right the first time, their main problem is in net. price is still young...I think getting out of montreal would be good for him. carter is nothing special...he set the record for getting stoned in a playoff series last year vs pittsburgh
    Price can be really good - he has shown he can play extremely well. The problem is that he is very inconsistent (on a team ripe with inconsistency...). But he's young and lots of potential. I don't want to get rid of him and hope we keep him, but it probably would be good for him.
  • Options
    I think this match up works for us

I gotta be honest once it went to the shootout I thought it was over

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Hats off to the Flyers.
    They were the better team today,
    deserved to move on.

Thanks Bathy

Can we borrow your goalie for the playoffs ?

:thumbup:
    Post edited by Phantom Pain on

• Options
    Rygar wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Price can be really good - he has shown he can play extremely well. The problem is that he is very inconsistent (on a team ripe with inconsistency...). But he's young and lots of potential. I don't want to get rid of him and hope we keep him, but it probably would be good for him.

Thats my point you can't trade a proven 40 goal scorer for a guy thats not proven

The Flyers are just as inconsistent as the Habs if not more so

If I'm trading Carter i want a proven goalie not a guy "who needs a change of scenery"

• Options
    Interesting factoids after the game

The Flyers have made the playoffs 34 of 43 Seasons

Only Detroit has been in the playoffs more in the last 15 years..they are 15 for 15 The Flyers are 14 of 15

Of course not of it matters much without winning a cup but I was still impressed

• Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327

you were right the first time, their main problem is in net. price is still young...I think getting out of montreal would be good for him. carter is nothing special...he set the record for getting stoned in a playoff series last year vs pittsburgh[/quote]
    Price can be really good - he has shown he can play extremely well. The problem is that he is very inconsistent (on a team ripe with inconsistency...). But he's young and lots of potential. I don't want to get rid of him and hope we keep him, but it probably would be good for him.[/quote]

Thats my point you can't trade a proven 40 goal scorer for a guy thats not proven

The Flyers are just as inconsistent as the Habs if not more so

If I'm trading Carter i want a proven goalie not a guy "who needs a change of scenery"[/quote]

i don't know if you can say carter is a proven 40 goal scorer as he only has 1 season as a 40 goal scorer. i would trade carter for price but just not only for price. i think a 2nd round pick has to come back to philly. carter right now has shown more promise than Price and should get more. anyway, GO FLYERS GO