The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    For the record, I want no part of Miller.

I do not think the Flyers are close at all. If they are smart, they ride out the season, trade whatever vets they can at the deadline for picks/prospects, then move on to the summer.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

I do not think the Flyers are close at all. If they are smart, they ride out the season, trade whatever vets they can at the deadline for picks/prospects, then move on to the summer.

i think i agree with this.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327

I disagree with this. I think the flyers need a top D-man to replace Pronger. (yes I know easier said than done) The flyers do have a good young core of forwards. the free agent crop is not good so I don't think you will get much help for this team from there.

Also what vets would you want traded?
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Nice job last night Hartnell. It was almost like he wanted to get benched.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    fife wrote:

I disagree with this. I think the flyers need a top D-man to replace Pronger. (yes I know easier said than done) The flyers do have a good young core of forwards. the free agent crop is not good so I don't think you will get much help for this team from there.

Also what vets would you want traded?
    I didnt say that they dont need a #1 D-man, bc they do. I meant wait til summer to address the off season moves that need to be made.

As far as Vets, I'd deal Gagne, Fedetenko, Talbot, Coburn, even Mez if the right deal came along.

at this point, the Flyers attempting a late season comeback would just result in them taking themselves out of a top 10 draft pick.
    The D needs to be addressed, Bryz and Briere bought out. A goalie will have to be found.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    He and Briere need to go sit in the pressbox for a game or two. But Laviolette will never lat that happen. All the while he gives less minutes to guys like Rinaldo and Simmonds who play their butts off and play well.
    It aggravates the hell out of me.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    JK_Livin wrote:
    He and Briere need to go sit in the pressbox for a game or two. But Laviolette will never lat that happen. All the while he gives less minutes to guys like Rinaldo and Simmonds who play their butts off and play well.
    At least I do see some effort from Hartnell. When Briere is on the ice, we're constantly short handed.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    At least I do see some effort from Hartnell. When Briere is on the ice, we're constantly short handed.
    Briere is in pure 'coasting' mode right now. He is visibly playing like he doesnt give a shit. He will not go into the corners for a loose puck, he doesnt skate hard.
    Did you see his SO attempt the other night? It was so lackadaisical.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Briere is in pure 'coasting' mode right now. He is visibly playing like he doesnt give a shit. He will not go into the corners for a loose puck, he doesnt skate hard.

sounds like Gaborik
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    Trading some vets would be addition by subtraction. Like a hockey Bobby Abreu trade.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    $12M will be tied up in Briere/Bryz next year. They are goners.
    For the amount of production they get from Briere(basically nothing), plus his playoff scoring will not matter this year(No playoffs).

Bryz is much too inconsistent. The D blows in front of him, but I really dont think the team trusts him and he just never comes up with a big game or save. I dont trust him.
    For the amount of production they get from Briere(basically nothing), plus his playoff scoring will not matter this year(No playoffs).

Bryz is much too inconsistent. The D blows in front of him, but I really dont think the team trusts him and he just never comes up with a big game or save. I dont trust him.

but who are you going to have play goalie? I don't see too many goalies being free this off season other than maybe Miller and maybe Hiller from the ducks since they have to forgo some salary
    fife wrote:

but who are you going to have play goalie? I don't see too many goalies being free this off season other than maybe Miller and maybe Hiller from the ducks since they have to forgo some salary
    Thats Holmgren's job. Either trade for one or sign one.

They just cannot continue with this Bryz bullshit anymore.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    fife wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    fife wrote:
    I still think they make the playoffs too but they have to start a winning streak soon.

I don't know if they buy out Ilya ( i wonder what buffalo would want for Miller to be honest but you know it will be young players) as for Briere, I can see them buying him out cause he refuses to be traded.

I too like thi steams direction. lets see how they play tonight against a team they should beat.

I believe that Miller will be traded to the Flyers. I think the Flyers and Tampa are the only teams who believe they are close and have no answer for goalie. Tampa is going to be in Buffalo's division, and their cupboard is pretty bare anyways.

The guy is an overrated bitch though. Really has had 1 good season.

how many years are left on Miller contract. I just wondering if buffalo is going to want alot for him. I don't know if he is overrated but you would know more since you are a buffalo fan.

what do you think Buffalo would want for Miller?

Miller is signed for next year. I would bet the asking price would be pretty high for him, knowing the Sabres/Regier and how it isnt a necessity to trade him. (maybe he has requested/demanded it though).
    Ultimately, thats why I feel he might go to the Flyers, because the Flyers have been fighting goaltender issues for like 30 years and are sick of it, and they are known for being very bold.

Goalie markets are weird though as we saw with the Luongo "deal" that fell through

The Sabres dont really have a short term goalie though to replace him. But the fans are rooting for them to completely blow the thing up and go 100% young and with picks to rebuild the roster.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Bathgate66 wrote:

sounds like Gaborik

Yup, bathy, my thoughts exactly. What a shame. 2 big cities with players who play with NO heart.
    MayDay10 wrote:

The Sabres dont really have a short term goalie though to replace him. But the fans are rooting for them to completely blow the thing up and go 100% young and with picks to rebuild the roster.
    May, dont the Sabres have a pretty good goalie prospect behind Enroth?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    yeah, they have 2. Makarov and Ullmark. But young goalies are always a little ways off and a crapshoot. It would leave the Sabres with nothing for a year or 2.
    But then on the other hand, you have Chicago making it work with Ray Emery and Corey Crawford.
    Maybe they think they can get Schneider from Vancouver or Bernier from LA..... Hiller from Anaheim too.

Why wouldnt Philly/TB think that too? if it were Bobby Clarke, I think he would definitely go after the name guy... maybe not now.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    yeah, they have 2. Makarov and Ullmark. But young goalies are always a little ways off and a crapshoot. It would leave the Sabres with nothing for a year or 2.
    But then on the other hand, you have Chicago making it work with Ray Emery and Corey Crawford.
    Maybe they think they can get Schneider from Vancouver or Bernier from LA..... Hiller from Anaheim too.

Why wouldnt Philly/TB think that too? if it were Bobby Clarke, I think he would definitely go after the name guy... maybe not now.

from what I hear, LA is offering Bernier to the flames for Iginla. that was on TSN yesterday.

I don't see the flyers going for Cory as Vancouver will be asking for the farm for him. I still see Hiller being traded.
  • 2010 was our year damn it ! Now look where we are ... This team sucks. I hope they send most of the guys packing in the off season. Briere isn't doing dick and our Captain isn't what he was hyped up to be... And forget about defense... What defense ? Oh well just a rant... See what happens next year I guess. Painful painful pitiful season ... Let down after let down. :corn:

:fp:
    Jagr and Bouwmeester rumors swirling up.

Jagr would be plain stupid and I really wouldnt want Bouwmeester unless part of a bigger deal.
    Update: Flyers still stink.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

So do the rangers!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428

update: The Fixer still likes where this franchise is :fp:
    You gotta be fucking kidding me!
    The struggling Philadelphia Flyers' quest to make up ground in the Eastern Conference just got tougher.The club announced on Monday that forward Danny Briere is out indefinitely with a concussion.
    Briere, who didn't play against the Penguins on Sunday, suffered the injury duing one of the team's practices during their five-day break from Mar. 19-23.
    In 26 games this season, the 35-year-old has five goals and eight assists.
    The Flyers currently sit in 13th place in the Eastern Conference with a 13-16-2 record, five points behind the eighth place New York Rangers.

If he ends the season on IR, the team can NOT buy him out over the summer.

Cannot stand this guy.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

LTIR
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

LTIR
    They'd still be stuck with his contract. Having his and Prongers contracts on LTIR? Screwed.
    81 wrote:

LTIR
    They'd still be stuck with his contract. Having his and Prongers contracts on LTIR? Screwed.

if he goes on LTIR then his salary doesn';t count on the cap so it doesn't really matter.
    fife wrote:
    81 wrote:

LTIR

if he goes on LTIR then his salary doesn';t count on the cap so it doesn't really matter.
    Yes it does, when they would be restricted over the summer on what moves they could make. You cannot go over the cap by a certain amount in the summer and any LTIR contracts still count against the cap until the season begins.

These would affect any trades/signings they attempt to make.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    575663_10151406990074858_1645484056_n.jpg

Rangers arriving in Phillytown .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Outside of Rinaldo and Simmonds, this may be one of the softest Flyer teams in their history.

C'mon boys, only 16 more games to go before Golf, beaches and booze.