The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Laviolettes time is up.

I just don't understand why the flyer don't change their game plan. you know your D is crap so why take so many chances. I don't know if Lavi should be fired cause to be honest he has been successful the 3 years he has been here. I just wish that he would change the game plan and play more defensively
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Every goal they give up, I'm trying figure out if it was the D's or Goalie's fault. How many times did they have to show that Lindros hit?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The entire team runs around with no clue what to do. Forwards, D, Bryz. No one knows what their job is, who to cover on the ice, where to go. It's embarrassing.

It's time to move on from Bryz.

Any moves made before the deadline will most likely be minor ones.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    About time to talk about next year. Old Patrick Division plus Carolina and Columbus. Interesting...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Well if we are to believe Ilya, if the Flyers lose tonight the season is over. the 1 thing we have is that the east is weak this year at the bottom.

Question, would you rather make the playoffs or get a high draft pick.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

It's time to move on from Bryz.

Good luck with that one ... 5.7 million cap for the next 7 years ... he'll be impossible to trade.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    fife wrote:
    Well if we are to believe Ilya, if the Flyers lose tonight the season is over. the 1 thing we have is that the east is weak this year at the bottom.

If you have good goaltending making the playoffs should always be what the fan wants (Los Angeles last year) ... Bryz is not going to carry your team 4 rounds.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Every goal they give up, I'm trying figure out if it was the D's or Goalie's fault. How many times did they have to show that Lindros hit?

I think lately it's been the D. They leave Bryz out to dry too many times.

Just my opinion, I'd certainly like to see him play better. But I think Bryz has a bunch of crap dumped on him.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    Got a pt. not done yet. Homer got to them ;)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Schenn will get suspended for that hit.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    This team still sucks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    fife wrote:

Playoffs always...never know what could happen
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Still not impressed.

I could give a crap about playoffs, theyre not going to make them.
    As it is, they still need to grab 14 wins over 19 games to get in most likely.

Give me a top 10 draft pick, this organization desperately needs to address D.
    only 4 points behind 8 place. strange that they play tonight but then not again until Sunday. what a messed up week.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    fife wrote:
    only 4 points behind 8 place. strange that they play tonight but then not again until Sunday. what a messed up week.

I still think they will find a way to get into the playoffs.

I still think they should amnesty bryz and especially briere. Briere is completely worthless.

Weird season. I just hope they don't do anything drastic like fire laviolette or make a dumb trade to try to get into playoffs. Keep the young guys together, try to find defensemen and upgrade the vet role players in the offseason, and trade for a goalie. I keep seeing ryan miller to the flyers rumors...that would work.

Frustrating season, but a lot of things worked against this team (schedule, injuries, offseason moves that didn't work out, etc). I still like the team's direction.
    The Fixer wrote:
    fife wrote:

I still think they will find a way to get into the playoffs.

I still think they should amnesty bryz and especially briere. Briere is completely worthless.

Weird season. I just hope they don't do anything drastic like fire laviolette or make a dumb trade to try to get into playoffs. Keep the young guys together, try to find defensemen and upgrade the vet role players in the offseason, and trade for a goalie. I keep seeing ryan miller to the flyers rumors...that would work.

Frustrating season, but a lot of things worked against this team (schedule, injuries, offseason moves that didn't work out, etc). I still like the team's direction.

I still think they make the playoffs too but they have to start a winning streak soon.

I don't know if they buy out Ilya ( i wonder what buffalo would want for Miller to be honest but you know it will be young players) as for Briere, I can see them buying him out cause he refuses to be traded.

I too like thi steams direction. lets see how they play tonight against a team they should beat.
    I think the playoffs are a long shot. They need to win something like 14 out of their remaining 19 games to get a spot. I just dont see that happening.
    I think the playoffs are a long shot. They need to win something like 14 out of their remaining 19 games to get a spot. I just dont see that happening.

the way that Carolina and the leafs are playing right now i don't think they have to win that many to be honest.

carolina is missing t5heir goalie who is gone for a while and the leafs are starting to play the way they always do. I don't see the ranagers making it as they just seem defeated from what lundquist is saying.
    I found this playoff probability chart.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/freq ... -need.html

while i understand that chart it fails to take into considerations the teams above them playing poorly as they have been doing.
    Regardless, tonights game is huge.
    Then off until Sunday.

That long break will give the teams with game in hand a chance to pull away further or remain right where they are.

Seems Flyers always struggle against TB.

They basically need to double their points in 19 games. Seems like a lot to ask, but this team has played some shitty games. You eliminate those games and maybe.

Maybe those shitty games are who they are. We'll see. The key is to just win games.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Draft talk: I wouldnt mind them drafting Darnell Nurse.
    http://flyersfaithful.com/2013/02/19...ell-nurse-ohl/

Funny that he is Donovan McNabbs nephew.
    Well, games like that aren't gonna get it done.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    well we still have the Phillies and Union at least.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    What a shit game. I am starting to wondering if I should even watch the games anymore.

They have no direction to speak of and the team just doesn't seem to care at all.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    fife wrote:
    I still think they make the playoffs too but they have to start a winning streak soon.

I don't know if they buy out Ilya ( i wonder what buffalo would want for Miller to be honest but you know it will be young players) as for Briere, I can see them buying him out cause he refuses to be traded.

I too like thi steams direction. lets see how they play tonight against a team they should beat.

I believe that Miller will be traded to the Flyers. I think the Flyers and Tampa are the only teams who believe they are close and have no answer for goalie. Tampa is going to be in Buffalo's division, and their cupboard is pretty bare anyways.

The guy is an overrated bitch though. Really has had 1 good season.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    fife wrote:

I believe that Miller will be traded to the Flyers. I think the Flyers and Tampa are the only teams who believe they are close and have no answer for goalie. Tampa is going to be in Buffalo's division, and their cupboard is pretty bare anyways.

The guy is an overrated bitch though. Really has had 1 good season.

how many years are left on Miller contract. I just wondering if buffalo is going to want alot for him. I don't know if he is overrated but you would know more since you are a buffalo fan.

what do you think Buffalo would want for Miller?
    caught a few minutes of last nights game..... wayne looked like a bull in a china shop.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    caught a few minutes of last nights game..... wayne looked like a bull in a china shop.

I think he's the only guy who gives a shit
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead